• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:46
CEST 19:46
KST 02:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7503 users

Thug Life Mini Mafia - Page 220

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 218 219 220 221 222 308 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 06 2013 22:59 GMT
#4381
Ok I got to ask this because I am so pissed about it and I don't even know if it is possible.

Can the scumteams win together? Would you allow such monstrosity?

Clearly it is not in the rules. And you should let us know when they can change wincon.
I had a good night of sleep.
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
October 06 2013 23:02 GMT
#4382
think of bangers as a 3rd party koshi. if it comes down to it and its 3 town vs 3 scum they can choose who they want to win. it would work like that. so they can team or not.
I come in for the scraps
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 06 2013 23:03 GMT
#4383
No. Because they need to kill the other gang. It's in the rules.
I had a good night of sleep.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 06 2013 23:04 GMT
#4384
On October 07 2013 07:03 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 07:00 Koshi wrote:
Like fucking D2 VE tells the entire thread I am cop. VA agrees. Grack agrees.
Night 2 I am so obvious cop because I hiro is saving me.
On day 3 I claim cop and I tell everybody everything.
Night 3 I fucking tell you about shot on Oats which is SUPER FUCKING PRO TOWN.
Day 4 everybody his fucking scumread says: "oh hai guis I am cop, Koshi is scum"

rest of day 4 ALL YOU FUCKING RETARDS BELIEVE S0LSTICE AND I AM FUCKING SCUM??

REALLLYLYLYLYYLYLYYYY???????

HOW DOES THAT HAPpEN.?????????

FFS
Honestly? Because if you're actually a cop I think you have targeted decently but have played this actual game poorly.

And you being cop messes with some of my reads on other people.



This exactly.
But I must say, thank you for paraphrasing that QT.
That's what I fucking call effort.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
October 06 2013 23:05 GMT
#4385
they also need to kill town, its a choice. if they have no chance to win (like an SK or survivor or something that is doomed) they get to pick who wins. thats what it comes down to
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
October 06 2013 23:05 GMT
#4386
Ideally you want to lynch town and shoot scum at night if you are the last banger
I come in for the scraps
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 06 2013 23:05 GMT
#4387
On October 07 2013 07:30 VisceraEyes wrote:
Austin this is important: why didn't you have a problem with the task involving assuming WoS is town?
Couple things. The landscape has somewhat changed during D4. He's looked reasonable today, and I don't think scum super needs to be reasonable right here given how everything is going. Given that you're townie and I NEED you on board to push something other than a cop lynch, because of how thread is structured right now, I don't have conviction on WoS scum to fight you over that.

The two factions also make it difficult to push WoS scum. If solstice is the cop, WoS is town. If koshi is the cop, then koshi and rayn are town, they seem to have no interest in pushing WoS, they seem to HAVE interest in lynching me eventually, so I need to...build consensus on something else before pushing WoS if I still have him on my scumlist.

If that makes sense. Either he's town, or town thinks I'm mafia and he's town. For right now, that's NOT the read to push, and I need to find common ground OR bust heads harder, and then solve WoS later (unless he REALLY sticks out as 3rd banger).
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 06 2013 23:06 GMT
#4388
On October 07 2013 07:59 Koshi wrote:
Ok I got to ask this because I am so pissed about it and I don't even know if it is possible.

Can the scumteams win together? Would you allow such monstrosity?

Clearly it is not in the rules. And you should let us know when they can change wincon.
It's RIGHT THERE
On September 23 2013 05:38 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
6 (2x3) Gangsters - win when everyone except their own scumteam is dead (kill other gang)


Fe fi fo fum.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 06 2013 23:11 GMT
#4389
On October 07 2013 08:06 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 07:59 Koshi wrote:
Ok I got to ask this because I am so pissed about it and I don't even know if it is possible.

Can the scumteams win together? Would you allow such monstrosity?

Clearly it is not in the rules. And you should let us know when they can change wincon.
It's RIGHT THERE
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2013 05:38 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
6 (2x3) Gangsters - win when everyone except their own scumteam is dead (kill other gang)



Agreed. Totally agreed.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 06 2013 23:12 GMT
#4390
On October 07 2013 08:05 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 07:30 VisceraEyes wrote:
Austin this is important: why didn't you have a problem with the task involving assuming WoS is town?
Couple things. The landscape has somewhat changed during D4. He's looked reasonable today, and I don't think scum super needs to be reasonable right here given how everything is going. Given that you're townie and I NEED you on board to push something other than a cop lynch, because of how thread is structured right now, I don't have conviction on WoS scum to fight you over that.

The two factions also make it difficult to push WoS scum. If solstice is the cop, WoS is town. If koshi is the cop, then koshi and rayn are town, they seem to have no interest in pushing WoS, they seem to HAVE interest in lynching me eventually, so I need to...build consensus on something else before pushing WoS if I still have him on my scumlist.

If that makes sense. Either he's town, or town thinks I'm mafia and he's town. For right now, that's NOT the read to push, and I need to find common ground OR bust heads harder, and then solve WoS later (unless he REALLY sticks out as 3rd banger).

So you are not trying to solve the game but give out reads that suit you the best? Like, "i can convince people this guy is scum, but not this guy". How does that make any sense?
table for two on a tv tray
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 06 2013 23:21 GMT
#4391
On October 07 2013 08:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 08:05 austinmcc wrote:
On October 07 2013 07:30 VisceraEyes wrote:
Austin this is important: why didn't you have a problem with the task involving assuming WoS is town?
Couple things. The landscape has somewhat changed during D4. He's looked reasonable today, and I don't think scum super needs to be reasonable right here given how everything is going. Given that you're townie and I NEED you on board to push something other than a cop lynch, because of how thread is structured right now, I don't have conviction on WoS scum to fight you over that.

The two factions also make it difficult to push WoS scum. If solstice is the cop, WoS is town. If koshi is the cop, then koshi and rayn are town, they seem to have no interest in pushing WoS, they seem to HAVE interest in lynching me eventually, so I need to...build consensus on something else before pushing WoS if I still have him on my scumlist.

If that makes sense. Either he's town, or town thinks I'm mafia and he's town. For right now, that's NOT the read to push, and I need to find common ground OR bust heads harder, and then solve WoS later (unless he REALLY sticks out as 3rd banger).

So you are not trying to solve the game but give out reads that suit you the best? Like, "i can convince people this guy is scum, but not this guy". How does that make any sense?
Nope. He's either town or looks more town, enough so that I'm not going to spin my wheels RIGHT NOW trying to accuse him of stuff when a townie indicates they consider him town.

If you think I'm not trying to solve the game, you've not been reading. Hell, if you think I'm not trying to solve the game as either alignment, you've got a bad read on my play.

Solving the game only accomplishes my e-peen being longer than VA's. What I need to do within the game itself is WIN it. Not solve it. Nobody cares if I solve it and wave my hands going "Solution here! Solution here!" We can still lose. What I need to do is solve or partially solve the game, but get traction in this game and PROVE that I've solved or partially solved it. Solving without traction doesn't do much. Solving AND traction does. Traction comes from either a slam dunk case, which i DON'T currently have against oats, or from agreement without slam dunk. Right now I need to focus on agreement, because either there are scum that I can get lynched with some agreement OR who cares what I find because I can't get anyone lynched anyway.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 06 2013 23:22 GMT
#4392
and again, oats in that last paragraph is WoS.
Fe fi fo fum.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 06 2013 23:24 GMT
#4393
And why is it easier to judge other people and find scum there from people you already know 1/2 is scum of?
table for two on a tv tray
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 06 2013 23:25 GMT
#4394
On October 07 2013 08:22 austinmcc wrote:
and again, oats in that last paragraph is WoS.

How do you keep making that mistake?

Also I just realized something.
The effort Austin is putting in to solving this game---under any other circumstances would give me a massive extra huge mega fucking boner townread on him, but then I remember PTP: Dr Who Mafia.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 06 2013 23:27 GMT
#4395
On October 07 2013 07:24 VisceraEyes wrote:
Showing your work isn't for my benefit friend. You have no idea how much I wish I could just trust you AND trust town to just sheep you if I just trust you. That's too much unnecessary trust. That's the kind of trust scum wants town to give them.

Showing your work is for the rest in town who see a counterclaim and thirst for mafia blood. I think it's highly unlikely that s0L is the last Banger regardless of alignment, and he's pretty unanimously the vote leader.

You're showing your work to save the town, not to convince me.

VE what the shit is this/
Haven't we already shown we don't need to find the last banger (ie SOlstice may be or may not be but it doesn't FUCKING MATTER), we just need to lynch scum?!
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 06 2013 23:29 GMT
#4396
On October 07 2013 08:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
And why is it easier to judge other people and find scum there from people you already know 1/2 is scum of?
Because I actually do not know right know which of them is mafia. They both have some good points and some bad points.

And, as posted, if we do NOT lynch a cop claimer, either the situation resolves itself tonight (good for us), scum lose a KP (good for us, and back to same situation tomorrow with more information), or we have 1 more protected townie than we otherwise would have. There is no magical terrible apocalypse if we let the two claimers live.

All we gotta do is lynch scum. Same as what you tried to do D1, same as what we tried to do D2, same as what we did D3. Same as every day in mafia. I don't see why an 11-man town with 1 confirmed townie and a 1-1 split on two others can't find scum. Take VE out, take Koshi/solstice out. That's 8 peeps, 5/3 town scum. Any townie knows they are town, 4/3 town scum.

I'd much rather trust myself to be able to find scum in a 4/3 split even after removing some people that the cops affect than take what I currently consider to be a gamble on koshi/solstice.
Fe fi fo fum.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 06 2013 23:31 GMT
#4397
rofl. just rofl.
I had a good night of sleep.
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
October 06 2013 23:32 GMT
#4398
On October 07 2013 08:25 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 08:22 austinmcc wrote:
and again, oats in that last paragraph is WoS.

How do you keep making that mistake?

Also I just realized something.
The effort Austin is putting in to solving this game---under any other circumstances would give me a massive extra huge mega fucking boner townread on him, but then I remember PTP: Dr Who Mafia.


but he was talking nonsense like this in nuclear too and he was town there. Remember that he basically played for scum that game and made it hard to realize that Ace was the scum leader since it seemed austin was.

it's a coinflip as far as im concerned. I need to see pandain's flip first.
I come in for the scraps
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 06 2013 23:33 GMT
#4399
On October 07 2013 08:25 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2013 08:22 austinmcc wrote:
and again, oats in that last paragraph is WoS.

How do you keep making that mistake?

Also I just realized something.
The effort Austin is putting in to solving this game---under any other circumstances would give me a massive extra huge mega fucking boner townread on him, but then I remember PTP: Dr Who Mafia.
Yaya, and you should. The end of that game was the BEST because I actually got to solve the game.

Look at my play D1 and D2 in that game.

I like playing town. I like the puzzle and trying to solve the game. I was awful in that game as mafia until I got to pretend I was a townie and hunt 3P. My activity ticked up and my play improved the moment I got to do the part of the game I like, trying to solve game.

Also...I don't know that how I play scum after claiming scum and thinking the game was over is indicative of my normal scum play
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 06 2013 23:44 GMT
#4400
Okay, let's get cracking. In a world where Koshi is mafia and solstice is cop, here are a couple ground rules off the bat.

VA cannot be the last MCB. Okay with the Palmar lynch, let it go through ezpz, not on Palmar's team.

rayn cannot be the last MCB. snb pushes Palmar hard, Palmar and rayn have a fight over something small. Again, I found Palmar's being very active for that, and very active for discussing his vote, but not active for other stuff to be NAUGHTY. I don't think he fights with a scumbuddy like that and they also have snb push Palmar hard. YES, it would result in a Palmar flip making both his buddies look good, but it's too crucial to why Palmar's activity spikes were scummy for it to also be good scum strat. That's TOO next level.

Koshi cannot be the last MCB. Koshi would have fakeclaimed as cop and been cool with the Palmar lynch. He's got no reason to fakeclaim, knowing he'll die, in order to allow a scumbuddy to get lynched.

Those three are 100% not the last MCB.

Leaving Cheese/Pandain/CR/Oats. Again, WoS is tossed out for now and he's actually town in this world because solstice is town in this world.

Anyone take issue with clearing those three people as last MCB in a world where solstice is mafia/in general?
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 218 219 220 221 222 308 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM753
TKL 318
TaKeTV 255
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 115
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 753
TKL 318
IndyStarCraft 190
MaxPax 143
ProTech138
BRAT_OK 115
UpATreeSC 99
MindelVK 24
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 909
EffOrt 561
Mini 529
ggaemo 177
firebathero 150
White-Ra 69
Barracks 57
910 50
Hyun 50
Shinee 45
[ Show more ]
Shine 35
Bale 26
Killer 25
Trap 22
ToSsGirL 18
soO 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4036
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
crisheroes1563
Liquid`Hasu1144
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2779
singsing1670
B2W.Neo867
ceh9625
Beastyqt570
ArmadaUGS175
C9.Mang0134
Dewaltoss61
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream506
Other Games
BasetradeTV165
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2447
• TFBlade784
Other Games
• Shiphtur257
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.