• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:21
CEST 09:21
KST 16:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9059 users

GoT Mafia: Lords and Liars - Page 85

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 234 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
August 11 2013 06:09 GMT
#1681
no I cant sharrant, I do not see anything different.

In this game he's basically just disrupted conversation, but done so without helping the town. He's been shutting people down, and causing arguments to stifle discussion.

This doesnt happen.

No gg, No skill.
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 11 2013 06:19 GMT
#1682
I've got to get to bed and I'm not sure I'll be able to be very active the first half of the cycle, but something that comes to mind:

gumshoe has 7 kp.

The Lords shoot 6 kp, meaning the mafia likely finished him off.

4 players knew it would take a single kp to finish off gumshoe. The mafia obviously aren't going to spend more kp than they have to on a 2 post inactive like gumshoe.

Extreme FOS to the players who had knowledge of his hp check.
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 11 2013 06:22 GMT
#1683
On August 11 2013 15:06 Sharrant wrote:
At any rate, here's reason that you should've picked up on big time already. That whole argument with you at the beginning of the game was not Yamato playing as a townie. I watched you two basically get each other killed arguing with each other as town last time I played with both of you. Yamato has acted very similarly to how he has there, with the exception that he was always driving to make a point or do something useful last game. He was very disruptive, and frustrating, but purposeful and his actions had merit.

In this game he's basically just disrupted conversation, but done so without helping the town. He's been shutting people down, and causing arguments to stifle discussion. There's been nothing useful in his play.

He is mafia, guaranteed. Can you not see the difference in how he argued both games being on the receiving end of it both times?

You were scum in that game, so forgive me if I find your opinion... biased.
Writer@WriterYamato
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 11 2013 06:24 GMT
#1684
On August 11 2013 14:24 Grackaroni wrote:
We used our check on our own house before the end of the night and Me/Iamp/Xatalos all had 7 hp. Gumshoe had 1, so every lord did shoot him but why wouldn't they since he was town...


Just to follow up on this...

Did iamp inform you of the results of the check before the night cycle ended?
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
August 11 2013 06:28 GMT
#1685
Yes. I did consider this as well after i said that in thread but more likely he was shot additionally by a townie with kp. Scum could have gotten a free lynch from Gumshoe today...
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 11 2013 06:31 GMT
#1686
On August 11 2013 15:19 Oberyn wrote:
I've got to get to bed and I'm not sure I'll be able to be very active the first half of the cycle, but something that comes to mind:

gumshoe has 7 kp.

The Lords shoot 6 kp, meaning the mafia likely finished him off.

4 players knew it would take a single kp to finish off gumshoe. The mafia obviously aren't going to spend more kp than they have to on a 2 post inactive like gumshoe.

Extreme FOS to the players who had knowledge of his hp check.


Why would scum want gumshoe dead ASAP though? He wasn't doing anything. But if we follow your logic, one of me, iamperfection or grackaroni is scum. I have townreads on all three of us now though, so I doubt it. It could have been a Vigi or something similar as well.

I was roleblocked tonight. Dunno for what reason.

I agree mostly with iamperfection's list. Vivax seems probably scum, even more apathetic than Acro. Not so sure about Kush or jrkirby being scum though. Both felt slightly town to me despite their anti-town play. But they do have so few posts that it wouldn't be any real shock if they were. Yamato and snb are both somewhat scummy based on their lack of care so far. Acro should be on the red side as well though, for the same reason.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 11 2013 06:33 GMT
#1687
On August 11 2013 15:28 Grackaroni wrote:
Yes. I did consider this as well after i said that in thread but more likely he was shot additionally by a townie with kp. Scum could have gotten a free lynch from Gumshoe today...


You don't find it incredibly strange that a player releases the number of shots it takes to eliminate 4 players at a point where the mafia can still submit their night hits?

If there is a townie who used a kp to finish off gumshoe, I think they should claim to their Lord, that Lord pms their strongest town read Lord, and the town kp is claimed anonymously in the thread.
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 11 2013 06:34 GMT
#1688
On August 10 2013 13:29 Acrofales wrote:
I have caught up. There's nothing particularly poignant. Going to watch TI3. I'm online. This lynch looks like a mislynch with the lack of contesting it.

But I am too drunk and don't care enough to fight it. FT has been useles, lets kill him regardless of alignment.

It's depressing to me that no one called out Acro on how fucking scummy this single post is.
Writer@WriterYamato
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
August 11 2013 06:34 GMT
#1689
Btw gumshoe couldn't have been protected because iamperfection said that according to hosts, Lord KP is unbkockable.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 11 2013 06:37 GMT
#1690
On August 11 2013 15:34 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2013 13:29 Acrofales wrote:
I have caught up. There's nothing particularly poignant. Going to watch TI3. I'm online. This lynch looks like a mislynch with the lack of contesting it.

But I am too drunk and don't care enough to fight it. FT has been useles, lets kill him regardless of alignment.

It's depressing to me that no one called out Acro on how fucking scummy this single post is.

It's even more depressing that he got elected Lord again, lol.

jubjubs in Tyrell, no surprise.
Writer@WriterYamato
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 11 2013 06:38 GMT
#1691
On August 11 2013 15:31 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 15:19 Oberyn wrote:
I've got to get to bed and I'm not sure I'll be able to be very active the first half of the cycle, but something that comes to mind:

gumshoe has 7 kp.

The Lords shoot 6 kp, meaning the mafia likely finished him off.

4 players knew it would take a single kp to finish off gumshoe. The mafia obviously aren't going to spend more kp than they have to on a 2 post inactive like gumshoe.

Extreme FOS to the players who had knowledge of his hp check.


Why would scum want gumshoe dead ASAP though? He wasn't doing anything. But if we follow your logic, one of me, iamperfection or grackaroni is scum. I have townreads on all three of us now though, so I doubt it. It could have been a Vigi or something similar as well.


It's also possible that another Lord used their kp check. If no town claims the shot, then I'd be extremely suspicious of whoever knew how much it would take to kill gumshoe. Mafia would obviously want gumshoe dead ASAP if they knew it would only take 1 kp, since he could be blue and is a easy pick off when there are players with 7+ hp around.
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 11 2013 06:41 GMT
#1692
I'm more worried about why no one ELSE died than why gumshoe ended up dead.
Writer@WriterYamato
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
August 11 2013 06:46 GMT
#1693
On August 11 2013 15:19 Oberyn wrote:
I've got to get to bed and I'm not sure I'll be able to be very active the first half of the cycle, but something that comes to mind:

gumshoe has 7 kp.

The Lords shoot 6 kp, meaning the mafia likely finished him off.

4 players knew it would take a single kp to finish off gumshoe. The mafia obviously aren't going to spend more kp than they have to on a 2 post inactive like gumshoe.

Extreme FOS to the players who had knowledge of his hp check.

Actually now that I think about it, it's the exact opposite of that. Mafia have no kills most likely because they spread out their kp towards too many targets and didn't expect us to have 7 hp. So if the people such as myself who knew of the hp check were mafia there would be dead townies today aside from Gumshoe.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
August 11 2013 06:48 GMT
#1694
probably cause mafia kp is less than whoever they targeted.
No gg, No skill.
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 11 2013 06:50 GMT
#1695
On August 11 2013 15:31 Xatalos wrote:
I was roleblocked tonight. Dunno for what reason.


I'm going to roleclaim now because I think it leads us to at least one mafia lynch.

I'm Oberyn Martell The Watcher who targeted Xatalos last night. I saw two different players visit Xatalos during the night cycle. Claim in the thread the reason you were visiting him or we assume you're the roleblocker and we lynch you.
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
Oberyn
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom508 Posts
August 11 2013 06:52 GMT
#1696
On August 11 2013 15:50 Oberyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 15:31 Xatalos wrote:
I was roleblocked tonight. Dunno for what reason.


I'm going to roleclaim now because I think it leads us to at least one mafia lynch.

I'm Oberyn Martell The Watcher who targeted Xatalos last night. I saw two different players visit Xatalos during the night cycle. Claim in the thread the reason you were visiting him or we assume you're the roleblocker and we lynch you.


Actually on second thought. PM your Lord the reason that you were visiting Xatalos. That way we don't potentially expose a blue. The Lord can then PM me with the reason. If I don't hear back, I'll just out both players and we can decide between the scummiest.
Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
August 11 2013 07:33 GMT
#1697
I see no reason not to claim since my ability is 1-shot anyways. I'm a medic that chose to protect Xatalos last night. Whoever was the other person must be the roleblocker
Try TL Mafia!!!
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
August 11 2013 07:39 GMT
#1698
On August 11 2013 15:37 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 15:34 yamato77 wrote:
On August 10 2013 13:29 Acrofales wrote:
I have caught up. There's nothing particularly poignant. Going to watch TI3. I'm online. This lynch looks like a mislynch with the lack of contesting it.

But I am too drunk and don't care enough to fight it. FT has been useles, lets kill him regardless of alignment.

It's depressing to me that no one called out Acro on how fucking scummy this single post is.

It's even more depressing that he got elected Lord again, lol.

jubjubs in Tyrell, no surprise.

coming from you? lol. who would you propose we elect, if not acro? im not voting kush and sharrant said hes going to be pretty much afk today.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 11 2013 07:45 GMT
#1699
well this sure is interesting
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 11 2013 07:46 GMT
#1700
On August 11 2013 16:39 johnnywup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2013 15:37 yamato77 wrote:
On August 11 2013 15:34 yamato77 wrote:
On August 10 2013 13:29 Acrofales wrote:
I have caught up. There's nothing particularly poignant. Going to watch TI3. I'm online. This lynch looks like a mislynch with the lack of contesting it.

But I am too drunk and don't care enough to fight it. FT has been useles, lets kill him regardless of alignment.

It's depressing to me that no one called out Acro on how fucking scummy this single post is.

It's even more depressing that he got elected Lord again, lol.

jubjubs in Tyrell, no surprise.

coming from you? lol. who would you propose we elect, if not acro? im not voting kush and sharrant said hes going to be pretty much afk today.

Yourself? Assuming you're town, of course.

Then again, I might have to actually read your filter.
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 357
Leta 165
Dewaltoss 111
sSak 55
Bale 35
Aegong 32
NotJumperer 28
ZergMaN 26
yabsab 12
Noble 11
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 566
Reynor39
Other Games
summit1g10453
olofmeister264
Sick204
Nina77
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick765
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1231
• Stunt477
• Jankos469
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 39m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 39m
Replay Cast
15h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.