• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9082 users

[T] Nuclear Winter Mafia - Page 49

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 204 Next
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 08 2013 15:57 GMT
#961
On July 09 2013 00:46 Z-BosoN wrote:
Discussion is diving hard atm towards set-up speculation. Scum love this discussion because it's easy to participate in and look like they are contributing. Let's focus on consolidating our vote and try to dish out them scum, please.

Right now I am waiting for WoS and austin to respond and going through some other filters. What I know now is that I do not want Chezinu dead, as I stated before, and that this discussion is pointless unless there is new info that people with roles are willing to share.

Xatalos, why do you feel Meapak is town? I find his play so far to be a bit confusing from a town perspective. Please elaborate.


Why is it pointless to lynch Chezinu? He nuked me, the strongest general townread at the time, for no (apparent) reason. Maybe he was just being insane, but unless he soon A) starts explaining his actions and B) reveals what type of nuke he launched at me (solving the problem of Oatsmaster's anti-nuke), I feel we should lynch him.

Reasons for Meapak being town:
1) he was nuked secretly - only scum would have a natural reason not to claim their nukes - likely the launcher is scum and Meapak is town (both CAN'T be scum, since it would be 100% insane to secretly kill your own scum team)
2) he didn't shut up after being nuked, but rather started scumhunting with renewed motivation, which is a clear town trademark (why would scum act pro-town after being sentenced to death?)
3) overall he has posted townishly and scumhunted a lot IMO
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
July 08 2013 15:57 GMT
#962
Im going to sleep.
<3 Xatalos, PLEASE DONT BE SCUM
##Defend Xatalos
No gg, No skill.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
July 08 2013 16:02 GMT
#963
NUCLEAR DEFENSE ACTIVATED
[image loading]

The nuke heading towards Xatalos has been shot down from the sky.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 08 2013 16:03 GMT
#964
On July 09 2013 00:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
Im going to sleep.
<3 Xatalos, PLEASE DONT BE SCUM
##Defend Xatalos


Too bad you couldn't wait. I think we could have pressured the answer out of Chezinu and maybe saved Meapak. But at least now I know I'll live, which is kind of a relief, I guess.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 08 2013 16:03 GMT
#965
Would have preferred MZ being defended but both are likely town so whatever
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
July 08 2013 16:06 GMT
#966
Okay Oats. I understand you need to go to bed, that was probably the best possible thing you could do.
The problem is that Xatalos is kinda vanilla now. Unless some townie has a radiation nuke. If you do, launch that towards Xatalos the first thing on D2 if he is alive.

I'm not giving Chezinu a "free pass", he still needs to explain himself. There is plenty of time before the lynch. I would have like Oats to clarify from hosts does the anti-nuke block only KP or all the effects. Apparently all, and given that i would definitely defend Xata over Meapak. There is still a chance scum launched a fake-nuke on their scumbuddy Meapak. Imagine what it does. First of all you gain town credit. Second, you become "unlynchable" for the phase. Like, "why would we even look at that guy who is going to die either way".
table for two on a tv tray
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
July 08 2013 16:10 GMT
#967
On July 09 2013 00:57 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2013 00:46 Z-BosoN wrote:
Discussion is diving hard atm towards set-up speculation. Scum love this discussion because it's easy to participate in and look like they are contributing. Let's focus on consolidating our vote and try to dish out them scum, please.

Right now I am waiting for WoS and austin to respond and going through some other filters. What I know now is that I do not want Chezinu dead, as I stated before, and that this discussion is pointless unless there is new info that people with roles are willing to share.

Xatalos, why do you feel Meapak is town? I find his play so far to be a bit confusing from a town perspective. Please elaborate.


Why is it pointless to lynch Chezinu? He nuked me, the strongest general townread at the time, for no (apparent) reason. Maybe he was just being insane, but unless he soon A) starts explaining his actions and B) reveals what type of nuke he launched at me (solving the problem of Oatsmaster's anti-nuke), I feel we should lynch him.

Reasons for Meapak being town:
1) he was nuked secretly - only scum would have a natural reason not to claim their nukes - likely the launcher is scum and Meapak is town (both CAN'T be scum, since it would be 100% insane to secretly kill your own scum team)
2) he didn't shut up after being nuked, but rather started scumhunting with renewed motivation, which is a clear town trademark (why would scum act pro-town after being sentenced to death?)
3) overall he has posted townishly and scumhunted a lot IMO


Well, why would scum nuke meapak? What is the purpose in it? As I recall, he wasn't the most townie-looking person at the time of the launch.

What bothers me about him is that earlier on he was pretty suspicious of rayne earlier on, but did nothing to pursue him. He just put him in the "probable scum" category in his big list, without doing any sort of discussion.

I'll look into 2), seems like a fair point

WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 08 2013 16:11 GMT
#968
So...guys...
If someone else could be shot or saved....who would you want it to be?
:D
:D
:D

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 08 2013 16:14 GMT
#969
WoS... Who gives a shit right now? We need to focus on who were going to lynch. You're distracting from that with pointless questions like that.
s0Lstice
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1833 Posts
July 08 2013 16:16 GMT
#970
WORLD AT WAR

geript: (1)
raynpelikoneet
Dandel Ion

johnnywup: (1)
VayneAuthority
Xatalos
WaveofShadow
TanGeng
Abenson
OriginalName

Chezinu: (5)
raynepelikoneet
Onegu
Ace
TanGeng
Abenson
Xatalos

WaveofShadow: (1)
geript
johnnywup

Onegu: (2)
Nirvana.Gabo
MajuGarzett

austinmcc: (0)
Xatalos

raynepelikoneet: (0)
Alakaslam

Z-BosoN: (0)
Chezinu

Dandel Ion: (1)
johnnywup

Nirvana.Gabo: (2)
Oatsmaster
raynpelikoneet

ghost_403: (1)
Alakaslam
Chezinu

VayneAuthority: (2)
FirmTofu
Alakaslam

TARGET: Chezinu is set to be obliterated!

Obliteration will occur at: 21:59 GMT (+00:00) which arrives in

Nukes can no longer be fired for this phase!
ATOBTTR
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 08 2013 16:16 GMT
#971
I don't see how that's pointless in the slightest.
Is there more than one person you'd want dead today?
Is there someone currently being nuked that can be saved?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
jampidampi
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland386 Posts
July 08 2013 16:17 GMT
#972
I can get behind a NG lynch. I'll not repeat anything said about him, but just look these two posts: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=418049&currentpage=45#899
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=418049&currentpage=45#900
He comes back to the thread just to tell that in his opinion, FirmTofu is bad. And not the scummy looking bad, but the not enough skill bad. If he was town wouldn't he have commented on something scummy/townie, not something bad?
jampidampi
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland386 Posts
July 08 2013 16:17 GMT
#973
Meapak should be saved if possibel, he is totes town.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 08 2013 16:19 GMT
#974
So....if I were to tell you guys to get your votes off of NG.....
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
July 08 2013 16:19 GMT
#975
On July 09 2013 01:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay Oats. I understand you need to go to bed, that was probably the best possible thing you could do.
The problem is that Xatalos is kinda vanilla now. Unless some townie has a radiation nuke. If you do, launch that towards Xatalos the first thing on D2 if he is alive.

I'm not giving Chezinu a "free pass", he still needs to explain himself. There is plenty of time before the lynch. I would have like Oats to clarify from hosts does the anti-nuke block only KP or all the effects. Apparently all, and given that i would definitely defend Xata over Meapak. There is still a chance scum launched a fake-nuke on their scumbuddy Meapak. Imagine what it does. First of all you gain town credit. Second, you become "unlynchable" for the phase. Like, "why would we even look at that guy who is going to die either way".


I think there's a high chance that I'm NK'd (apparently everyone thinks I'm town). Another sensible NK would be Oatsmaster with his anti-nuke. If I live, it might be a good idea to give me that KP, although it might be risky (I'd be an obvious roleblock target, if there are scum roleblockers in this game). The bad thing about this is that now there's zero chance of a scum shooting me with a Radiation nuke. Oh well, at least I'll live for now.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 08 2013 16:19 GMT
#976
I'd preferably like some input from some more of the active townies here.
I want to make sure this is something we can all agree on somewhat.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
jampidampi
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland386 Posts
July 08 2013 16:20 GMT
#977
On July 09 2013 01:19 WaveofShadow wrote:
So....if I were to tell you guys to get your votes off of NG.....

What makes you not want lynch him? Why can't you save Meapak without conditions?
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 08 2013 16:22 GMT
#978
I'm down for lynching dandel, wos, s and b, and on. I'm slightly less excited about a NG lynch but if that's what's going to happen then I'm moderately okay with it. I'm indifferent about a chez lynch, don't like it don't hate it.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
July 08 2013 16:22 GMT
#979
On July 09 2013 01:19 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'd preferably like some input from some more of the active townies here.
I want to make sure this is something we can all agree on somewhat.


Answer my post, good sir.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 08 2013 16:23 GMT
#980
Yeah Johnny I'm not getting lynched.
Today or ever.

Come on where are the rest of you guys?
I REALLY wanna YOLO this and I'm pretty tempted but I at least want to see if SOME people approve.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 204 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox384
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5262
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 804
shahzam539
JimRising 418
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe212
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie763
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 15m
Online Event
11h 15m
FEL
16h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.