• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:11
CEST 05:11
KST 12:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10215 users

I Swear This Is Normal Mini Mafia - Page 69

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 Next
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
June 15 2013 05:00 GMT
#1361
On June 15 2013 13:42 ShiaoPi wrote:
I just thought let's try it xD
I mean it was much in line with early game shenanigans


apparently the whole scum team spontaneously decided to play go big or go home
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 15 2013 05:12 GMT
#1362
lol reading your QT now I remember Prom calling us (Les Mafia) the most tryhard scumteam he'd ever seen.

We had NOTHING on you guys.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
June 15 2013 05:15 GMT
#1363
On June 15 2013 14:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
lol reading your QT now I remember Prom calling us (Les Mafia) the most tryhard scumteam he'd ever seen.

We had NOTHING on you guys.


I just realised my QT post count may have been higher than in the game... the number of words would be less though.
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-15 05:29:30
June 15 2013 05:28 GMT
#1364
sorry edit muck up was fixing stuff I type to fast earlier.
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
June 15 2013 05:31 GMT
#1365
Sorry Syl. My scum team consisted of you, Shiao and VA.

I really fucked up the RB n1, sorry guys. Well played though scum.

Thanks for hosting Cora/Ange/Ghost, I appreciate it.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
June 15 2013 05:42 GMT
#1366
On June 14 2013 01:04 Sylencia wrote:
Because it's fairly clear that I'm the only one who had thought of Axle that way pretty quickly. I'm still putting him in the possible scum pile though.

Oatsmaster
Blazinghand
Stutters695
VayneAuthority
GravityMan

ShiaoPi
AxleGreaser
Goodkarma


Town->scum order for me is some sort of rough order like this, a lot of them are close though. The fact Vayne is so damn low for a cop claim is pretty retarded though.


Town MVP right here. and he wasn't even town. Nuff said.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
jampidampi
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland386 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-15 06:06:14
June 15 2013 06:01 GMT
#1367
Well played scum team, well played. It's kinda funny that this game could have ended D2 if scum won the election.
7-3-1
misslynch
6-3-1
nightkill
5-3-1
mayor condemns
4-3-1
and then the survior votes with scum and they have a majority.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
June 15 2013 07:03 GMT
#1368

I hope you guys enjoyed the setup. Maybe I’ll come up with more unique stuff in the future. I’d love to hear some feedback about it in the meantime though =)



This isn't as much feedback on this particular setup as an idea that just occured to me but whatever.
An idea regarding the Survivor role: have it return 'innocent' to investigations normally, but 'guilty' if the hiding power is used. I'm not sure what result Survivor returns normally (if it's normally guilty this might make the role imbalanced) but it does introduce a somewhat interesting choice to the role, instead of "press hide to win".

On a related note, my condolences to Sylencia - you got deucedly unlucky and my impression from the little reading I did was that you played a good game.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-15 07:48:37
June 15 2013 07:44 GMT
#1369
Not having actually played in this game I'm not sure how much this is worth, but I'll give my opinion on the setup anyway.

In my opinion, this setup particularly rewards strong play, more than many setups. Ordinarily, a setup with 11 players, 3 scum and a third party would be strongly scum-favoured, especially seeing as the survivor (unlike an SK) has no particular interest in stopping a scum win if it's looking likely. Giving scum three roles and town only two (will discuss mayor later) extends this further. Between the framer and godfather, the cop was as likely to get a misleading check as an accurate guilty...

Of course, the counterbalance to this is the mayor role - and this is where the rewarding of strong play comes in.

If scum gets their hands on the mayoralty in combination with their other advantages, they are very likely to win from that point onwards. However, scum are only likely to get the mayoralty if at least one of their players looks like the towniest player in the thread... a difficult proposition.

On the other hand, if a small group of strong townies retain the mayoralty they may be able to ride it to victory. Town really have to hit scum with either the condemnation or the majority of their lynches to be in a good position, which places a fair bit more pressure on the town than is ordinarily the case. Using the condemnation to put on the pressure at night without actually using it was some sweet play from Hapa, and given that a town player would usually have the mayoralty N1 it puts a fair bit more in the town's arsenal.

Overall, I feel that this particular arrangement of PRs might have been a little scum-favoured. This game might have looked a lot different if town had had a doctor and protected Hapa night 1. Also, even if he hadn't had to claim, the cop is less effective with two investigation-foiling scum PRs in the game. Then again, the combination of a doctor with the Mayor role might be inherently unbalanced towards town, I'd have to think about that.
I'm not taking anything away from a thoroughly deserved scum victory here, just some theorycrafting.

tl;dr The setup (at least with these PRs and the survivor) is inherently swingy, and strong plays from either scum or town to grab the mayoralty and to use it have a large impact on the final result. Which isn't a bad thing, though I don't know that I'd want to play this every game.

Overall an interesting dynamic, would half-assedly observe again.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
June 15 2013 07:57 GMT
#1370
On June 15 2013 16:44 Aquanim wrote:
Overall, I feel that this particular arrangement of PRs might have been a little scum-favoured. This game might have looked a lot different if town had had a doctor and protected Hapa night 1. Also, even if he hadn't had to claim, the cop is less effective with two investigation-foiling scum PRs in the game. Then again, the combination of a doctor with the Mayor role might be inherently unbalanced towards town, I'd have to think about that.
I'm not taking anything away from a thoroughly deserved scum victory here, just some theorycrafting.


Yeah tbh when I was making the spreadsheet I had some discrepancy where I had a medic in one sheet and an rb in the other. Since I didn't remember which one I wanted, I just put the RB in because I thought a magic heal bus on the mayor (along with mayors being strong town) would make it way too hard for scum mayorship away.

Thanks for your review! I appreciate it!
Grubby's #1 Fan
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 15 2013 10:15 GMT
#1371
I thought Axle played tremendously.

GK looked pretty scummy and I think he was allowed to get away with 'replacement' status for too long.

The thing about ShiaoPi that I noticed early on was how insistent he was for running for mayor, even at the point it was blatantly obvious Hapa was town, and running for mayor. Why so insistent?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-15 11:21:38
June 15 2013 11:19 GMT
#1372
On June 15 2013 15:01 jampidampi wrote:
Well played scum team, well played. It's kinda funny that this game could have ended D2 if scum won the election.
7-3-1
misslynch
6-3-1
nightkill
5-3-1
mayor condemns
4-3-1
and then the survior votes with scum and they have a majority.


Good thing hapa didnt roll scum then

also neither the survivor nor the scum mayor would be sure the other existed.
but yeah a scum mayor D1 looks bad
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
June 15 2013 11:34 GMT
#1373
On June 15 2013 19:15 marvellosity wrote:
I thought Axle played tremendously.

GK looked pretty scummy and I think he was allowed to get away with 'replacement' status for too long.

The thing about ShiaoPi that I noticed early on was how insistent he was for running for mayor, even at the point it was blatantly obvious Hapa was town, and running for mayor. Why so insistent?


Good thing you were not in this game then Well I for ome am just happy that I managed to improve mu scumplay from most obvious scum ever :D
I also agree that axle was scum mvp. I mean I could just say he is the towniest guy in existence and nobody seriously contested that statement (besides syl^^). Never had this feeling with another scumbuddy to be able to get away with that.
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-15 11:43:29
June 15 2013 11:42 GMT
#1374
On June 15 2013 20:34 ShiaoPi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2013 19:15 marvellosity wrote:
I thought Axle played tremendously.

GK looked pretty scummy and I think he was allowed to get away with 'replacement' status for too long.

The thing about ShiaoPi that I noticed early on was how insistent he was for running for mayor, even at the point it was blatantly obvious Hapa was town, and running for mayor. Why so insistent?


Good thing you were not in this game then Well I for ome am just happy that I managed to improve mu scumplay from most obvious scum ever :D
I also agree that axle was scum mvp. I mean I could just say he is the towniest guy in existence and nobody seriously contested that statement (besides syl^^). Never had this feeling with another scumbuddy to be able to get away with that.


I didn't follow the game that much, so what I'm saying is just with the benefit of hindsight

edit: and yes, from what I saw of you it was a massive step up from your previous scumplay
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
June 15 2013 14:53 GMT
#1375
I blame hapa for calling shiao townie. man meta really changes when you havent played scum in a while.

But yeah, wonderful day 1 from scum made the rest of the game just not fucking up for them.

WoS, I dont see why you need to smurf to change your playstyle, I just felt that the roleplaying obscured some of the stuff you were saying and it wasnt brought across properly cause people to suspect you.
No gg, No skill.
jampidampi
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland386 Posts
June 15 2013 14:53 GMT
#1376
On June 15 2013 20:19 AxleGreaser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2013 15:01 jampidampi wrote:
Well played scum team, well played. It's kinda funny that this game could have ended D2 if scum won the election.
7-3-1
misslynch
6-3-1
nightkill
5-3-1
mayor condemns
4-3-1
and then the survior votes with scum and they have a majority.


Good thing hapa didnt roll scum then

also neither the survivor nor the scum mayor would be sure the other existed.
but yeah a scum mayor D1 looks bad

Even if scum don't know there is a survivor, it's still D2 LYLO.
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-15 15:52:30
June 15 2013 15:51 GMT
#1377
On June 15 2013 23:53 jampidampi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2013 20:19 AxleGreaser wrote:
On June 15 2013 15:01 jampidampi wrote:
Well played scum team, well played. It's kinda funny that this game could have ended D2 if scum won the election.
7-3-1
misslynch
6-3-1
nightkill
5-3-1
mayor condemns
4-3-1
and then the survior votes with scum and they have a majority.


Good thing hapa didnt roll scum then

also neither the survivor nor the scum mayor would be sure the other existed.
but yeah a scum mayor D1 looks bad

Even if scum don't know there is a survivor, it's still D2 LYLO.


Oh yeah, didnt think of that, from that point of view.
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
June 15 2013 18:05 GMT
#1378
By the way, the joke between WoS was that him and I both had dreams about his smurf being revealed, and then it happened.

It was a funny moment.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 15 2013 18:10 GMT
#1379
wanna podcast this one? Some interesting things to say about good scum-play and town atmosphere
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
June 15 2013 18:12 GMT
#1380
there is a podcast for mafia?
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings135
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10381
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1106
NeuroSwarm191
febbydoto16
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
taco 298
minikerr40
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King245
hungrybox110
Other Games
summit1g9354
Maynarde212
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick406
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 12
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 169
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo801
• Rush502
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 49m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.