• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:49
CEST 18:49
KST 01:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11107 users

PTP IV - Demon's Run - Page 178

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 180 184 Next
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
July 03 2013 01:48 GMT
#3541
God, it's a good thing I didn't get that. I would have spent hours puzzling how many people's alignment I could figure out with Bingee. It's a listcheck++.

It also relies on decon and sentinel knowing propositional logic! :D
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
July 03 2013 01:50 GMT
#3542
Eh, I guess because of the formatting restriction, it's actually just a listcheck.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
July 03 2013 01:50 GMT
#3543
Why didn't BC use Kna Naa? He could have prevented kita's kill.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
July 03 2013 01:57 GMT
#3544
X is scum and 1+1=2 (only true if X is scum)
Y is scum then 1+1=3 (only true if Y isn't scum. no way of formatting this positively)
Z is scum OR 1+1=3 (only true if Z is scum)
W is scum iff 1+1=2 (only true if W is scum)

You can use this on 4 different people, or you can use it as follows:

X is scum and 1+1=2 (only true if X is scum)
nobody is scum then 1+1=2 (always true, ggnore)
X is scum OR 1+1=3 (only true if X is scum)
Y is scum iff 1+1=2 (only true if Y is scum)

100% reliable 2man DT check: if all 4 are true, then both X and Y are scum. If 3 are true, then X is scum and Y is town, if 2 are true, then Y is scum and X is town and if only 1 is true they're both town.

I think that's the best you can get.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
July 03 2013 02:00 GMT
#3545
Oh yeah. I forgot to say thanks to the hosts! They did a great job! This game was very complicated and I can't imagine how annoying my role was to mod lol.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
July 03 2013 02:06 GMT
#3546
gonzaw, the reason why I messed up what items were what in your code was that you confused me because I thought my "day" abilities were actually abilities I could use during the day, not abilities I had to use during the night. I wasn't sure you knew this (that I couldn't use these abilities during the day) and didn't want to say it to reveal it to scum, so when I found item's E pm, it was the coin, but I just wrote medic lol.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 03 2013 02:09 GMT
#3547
On July 03 2013 10:57 Acrofales wrote:
X is scum and 1+1=2 (only true if X is scum)
Y is scum then 1+1=3 (only true if Y isn't scum. no way of formatting this positively)
Z is scum OR 1+1=3 (only true if Z is scum)
W is scum iff 1+1=2 (only true if W is scum)

You can use this on 4 different people, or you can use it as follows:

X is scum and 1+1=2 (only true if X is scum)
nobody is scum then 1+1=2 (always true, ggnore)
X is scum OR 1+1=3 (only true if X is scum)
Y is scum iff 1+1=2 (only true if Y is scum)

100% reliable 2man DT check: if all 4 are true, then both X and Y are scum. If 3 are true, then X is scum and Y is town, if 2 are true, then Y is scum and X is town and if only 1 is true they're both town.

I think that's the best you can get.


Ehmm... you are not supposed to use "1+1=2" or shit like that.
Why? This is not programming, you don't do boolean stuff like 1+1==2. The propositions only have to deal with in-game info and in-game info only.

If not I could just ask "X is scum and string theory is correct" and after they give me the answer be rich
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 03 2013 02:10 GMT
#3548
On July 03 2013 10:50 Crossfire99 wrote:
Why didn't BC use Kna Naa? He could have prevented kita's kill.


That's what I posted in-thread with big bold letters.
Granted, I thought Xata would have made the kill, but either way that kill was 100% happening that day and could have been prevented (that, plus geript's MK were the main reasons I made that ability)
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 03 2013 02:14 GMT
#3549
On July 03 2013 11:06 Crossfire99 wrote:
gonzaw, the reason why I messed up what items were what in your code was that you confused me because I thought my "day" abilities were actually abilities I could use during the day, not abilities I had to use during the night. I wasn't sure you knew this (that I couldn't use these abilities during the day) and didn't want to say it to reveal it to scum, so when I found item's E pm, it was the coin, but I just wrote medic lol.


Yeah....I thought so as well >_>
I forgot about using them at night lol

The thing is that there was a hidden ending. You would have needed to use the Empty Gun on Event C, to gain a Gun (which is 1 KP). Then on Event E you would need to use the Gun, and you would get a Minigun.

You could activate the Minigun at any time of the day phase, and it works like a 2-shot day vig. I.e you can activate it twice.

I got confused with that one and the rest, that's why I put the "I'm an idiot" post and desperately told you to use I#E lol
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
July 03 2013 02:15 GMT
#3550
gonzaw can I get a link to all the parts of the story? You put a ton of work in and I want to read it all.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 03 2013 02:15 GMT
#3551
Also Acro you aren't forced to make the 5 propositions EXACTLY in that order ("if-then", then "and", then "or", then "iff", etc). You can use any of them if you want. You could use 5 ANDS if you wanted, or whatever suits you
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
July 03 2013 02:27 GMT
#3552
On July 03 2013 11:15 gonzaw wrote:
Also Acro you aren't forced to make the 5 propositions EXACTLY in that order ("if-then", then "and", then "or", then "iff", etc). You can use any of them if you want. You could use 5 ANDS if you wanted, or whatever suits you


So what is allowed as "other stuff"? As for string theory being true and getting rich: when Nature accepts deconduo's word as the gospel truth, maybe... but last time I checked the scientific method it is explicitly set up to avoid people (or books) stating unequivocally that something is true without any actual evidence

1+1=2 was simply a replacement for a proposition that is true. I'd be perfectly happy to replace that with "Acrofales was alive on day 1" or some equally trivially true statement about the game
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 03 2013 02:40 GMT
#3553
On July 03 2013 11:15 Crossfire99 wrote:
gonzaw can I get a link to all the parts of the story? You put a ton of work in and I want to read it all.


I asked decon to PM me back the stuff

I have it in the "Sent" folder, but that doesn't let you quote the PM I sent, so I can't copy-paste it with the format (spoiler/quote/bold/italic tags, etc)
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 03 2013 02:50 GMT
#3554
It's also said that you can't use "already known info".
That's layman terms for saying you can't have propositions that are derived by the rest.

So if you have p1,p2,p3,p4 and p5, then:
1) p1,p2,p3,p4 |/- p5 or p1,p2,p3,p4 |/- ~p5
2) p1,p2,p3,p5 |/- p4 or p1,p2,p3,p5 |/- ~p4
3) p1,p2,p4,p5 |/- p3 or p1,p2,p4,p5 |/- ~p3
4) p1,p3,p4,p5 |/- p2 or p1,p3,p4,p5 |/- ~p2
5) p2,p3,p4,p5 |/- p1 or p2,p3,p4,p5 |/- ~p1


Imagine saying "nobody is scum", as p3.
If you take the "hidden" set of propositions from regular mafia games and common sense, that is false
So S |- ~p3.

When I say "p1,p2,p3,p4 |/- p5" I really mean "S,p1,p2,p3,p4 |/- p5". In this case it's "S,p1,p2,p4,p5 |/- ~p3" therefore it's not valid.

By saying stuff like "you can't use already known info/repeat info" it also means it works for sub-formulas of the original formulas you have.

So if you have C="IF A THEN B", not only does C NOT have to be "already known", but neither can A nor B.
Again, to avoid breaking it like you just did.

I wanted it to be complex so they could do something like this:

If geript is scum then kita is town
(NOT kita is 3P neutral survivor) OR Dandel shot solstice on D1
austin is scum AND gonzaw is town
BC shot MZ on D2 OR (NOT gonzaw RBed BC on D1)
If (BC is town AND austin doesn't hide any info about his role) THEN (geript is scum OR kita is bulletproof)

And depending on answer you would have to recreate the semantic tree and see what you can do with it!
That's fun!

There's no fun in saying "gonzaw is town AND 1+1=2", if you want to do that then just say "gonzaw is town AND TRUE" it's the same thing.


Also no, "already known info" isn't allowed, so saying "Acro was alive on D1" is already known info, or is a true proposition that belongs in S
Since you PM it to the host yourself, you cant use info YOU know (but other people don't) either.

So BC could have put "geript is scum AND the 5th letter of my role PM Is 't' ".
Not only does it give YOU more "easy" info (you just convert a complex formula into the simple easy to process one "geript is scum"), but it may give other players more info if you tell the thread about it.

I'm not so sure about the 2nd issue there, but if you made a complex enough set of formulas, if you get a specific answer maybe others could determine if one of those propositions was true or false, because that would be the only way you would know the whole answer.
But....you could just replace the "true" proposition (only you know of) with anything else and just give town a different answer.
Still it's still cheating so not allowed
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
July 03 2013 03:10 GMT
#3555
I don't get why you thought I was scum. I totally tried to remove a 3P threat. I mean. I was totally town.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 03 2013 03:10 GMT
#3556
Also, it's even easier than that.

You could do this if you want:
"austin is scum AND (gonzaw is town OR (NOT gonzaw is town))"
You get the same equivalent formula "austin is scum", no need to say "Acro was alive in D1" or stuff like that.

That's why the same method has to apply to sub-formulas as well
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
July 03 2013 03:10 GMT
#3557
The funny thing about this, despite I'm sure no one believing me, is that the D1 lynch story is 100% true.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 03 2013 03:11 GMT
#3558
Although yeah, most likely if you could you could "break" it to do what you want...specially since i don't think I made this stuff clear to the hosts >_> (I just put the "you can't put already known knowledge" part in the PM)
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
July 03 2013 03:14 GMT
#3559
Basically, Kurumi had convinced me to put a listcheck in it

"But a DT listcheck is OP and boring!" I thought.
Then I thought "what other ability is awesome as fuck?". Then I remembered possibly one of my favourite abilities: Phoenix Wright

So I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if I could make a LISTCHECK OF PHOENIX WRIGHTS???? OMG!!" and so the Binge was born
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
July 03 2013 03:14 GMT
#3560
On July 03 2013 12:10 geript wrote:
The funny thing about this, despite I'm sure no one believing me, is that the D1 lynch story is 100% true.

I find this to be the most ironic thing of the game. The event that exposed the scum team was entirely innocent and accidental.

Geript really wasn't around and I actually did go watch indycar haha
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 180 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 433
UpATreeSC 74
Codebar 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37053
Calm 3805
Bisu 1640
Shuttle 1248
FanTaSy 998
Mini 396
EffOrt 324
actioN 274
Rush 208
firebathero 196
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 185
Dewaltoss 95
Barracks 73
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 44
Sharp 30
Hyun 29
Free 27
soO 26
Pusan 24
Bale 24
Aegong 20
HiyA 20
PianO 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6746
Dendi1120
XaKoH 360
League of Legends
KnowMe54
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1045
x6flipin608
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes606
Other Games
singsing2372
FrodaN1142
Beastyqt630
mouzStarbuck332
byalli206
Livibee187
B2W.Neo156
C9.Mang0130
RotterdaM108
Trikslyr63
Mew2King61
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV476
Other Games
• Shiphtur961
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 27m
Replay Cast
6h 12m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.