• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:24
CEST 08:24
KST 15:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7653 users

RED Team's Prize - Page 88

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 153 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 29 2013 16:01 GMT
#1741
On March 30 2013 00:55 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 00:50 Oatsmaster wrote:
I saw that, thought it was really scummy, didnt bring it up cause it was so scummy.

Think for a bit, does this change in playstyle relay information about marv's alignment? Or are you just mad that he is fucking useless.



And... what the fuck?


I did refer everyone back to SnB's opening of day 2, and the lack of anything useful.

Also context. I read the nightkills and a bit after that earlier today, saw that, thought that was so scummy. Left.
Returned.
Posted that SnB is scum.
Also he completely fails to address those USELESS FUCKING SCUMMY POSTS. and continues to do bullshit in his latest post.
No gg, No skill.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 16:06 GMT
#1742
okay now that it's out in the thread
I am a one-shot medic
more specifically, I am a "vanilla townie who is also a one-shot medic."

I targeted Hapa last night. I knew from asking Kurumi that I would not get notified if Hapa was saved, but Hapa would get notified, hence the post I put up right after the deadline when I saw that only one person was dead. I thought there was a decent chance that I had guessed correctly. That's why I asked Hapa specifically if he had taken a shot, before there was any indication of missing KP.

(I posted that even though Palmar died because I was already expecting scum would have 2KP; in my experience it's pretty common in 16-player games for scum to have more than 1 KP (either from factional KP or some from factional and some from roles, but since 1KP is "balanced" for 9player games, 16player games usually have more than 1).)

Now that that's out in the open, I can explain a few things.
(1) The part of my post that Marv was confused about was a direct reference to this. There's no way that Marv misses this stuff in my filter if he actually is trying to analyze me and determine my alignment. I intentionally made it kind of oblique but clear enough to anyone who thinks about it for a second and is decently intelligent, because I was planning to claim anyway but wanted to see who was actually paying attention and who wasn't.
So yeah that's what I mean when I talk about Marv calling me scum but not actually paying attention to or thinking about my filter.

(2) (I was planning on claiming regardless because I can't use my power again and having two confirmed townies on day 2 is worth more than making scum wifom over whether their shot was blocked by a medic and whether that medic could go again).
(3) I can also explain the stuff with Acrofales's claim earlier. When Grack flipped, he flipped a role with no powers, but with a specific rolename written in blue. I am a "vanilla townie", my rolename is written in black, but I do have a power. (before someone jumps on me, my role PM includes the sentence "you win with town" so I'm not accidentally claiming third party VE-style here). So I thought it seemed likely that all of the "powerless townies" had specific role names written in blue, and all of the "town power roles" were "vanilla townies who also have ____ power" with the role name written in black. Then when Palmar went after Acro for his claim of "vanilla townie" with the role name written in green, I thought it meant Palmar had a similar role to mine and had come to the same conclusion about how role names work in this game.
Obviously when nisani flipped, it proved all of this completely wrong. But hopefully this explains some weirdness in my filter.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2013 16:08 GMT
#1743
On March 30 2013 00:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 00:54 Hapahauli wrote:
But see that is exactly how you read marv. Town marv is generally aggressive and absurdly pro-town.
He'll pepper everyone with questions, call everyone terrible, and will lead the town for better or for worse (almost always the former).
Scum-marv is much more passive, doesn't push his cases strongly, and "goes with the flow."

Explain the scum meta part please
Town games:

In MTG AFAIK, he was useless.

In Chrono as far as my memory holds out, he was useless.

Scum games:
Trolled themed, didnt stop my mislynch, generally active and it took a vig shot to kill him.

In Hero, again really active, abrasive, fuckton of useless 1 liners, survived to the end.

I didnt read any of his other scum games, you mind telling me what this meta read comes from?



Mtg was a hydra game. Bad to draw conclusions. And he was far from useless in chrono and got killed first by scum. As far as those scum games go, there are variations in activity but the fundamental read is the same.

As far as SnB goes, that comment isn't necessarily scummy. It does strongly suggest he has extra info, but that's it.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 29 2013 16:11 GMT
#1744
I still want to lynch SnB.


What a clean claim.

No.
No gg, No skill.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2013 16:11 GMT
#1745
As for SnB's claim, I have my own thoughts on it but I want to hear what other players (NOT Kei cause u so townie) think of it
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 29 2013 16:13 GMT
#1746
On March 30 2013 01:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 00:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 30 2013 00:54 Hapahauli wrote:
But see that is exactly how you read marv. Town marv is generally aggressive and absurdly pro-town.
He'll pepper everyone with questions, call everyone terrible, and will lead the town for better or for worse (almost always the former).
Scum-marv is much more passive, doesn't push his cases strongly, and "goes with the flow."

Explain the scum meta part please
Town games:

In MTG AFAIK, he was useless.

In Chrono as far as my memory holds out, he was useless.

Scum games:
Trolled themed, didnt stop my mislynch, generally active and it took a vig shot to kill him.

In Hero, again really active, abrasive, fuckton of useless 1 liners, survived to the end.

I didnt read any of his other scum games, you mind telling me what this meta read comes from?



Mtg was a hydra game. Bad to draw conclusions. And he was far from useless in chrono and got killed first by scum. As far as those scum games go, there are variations in activity but the fundamental read is the same.

As far as SnB goes, that comment isn't necessarily scummy. It does strongly suggest he has extra info, but that's it.


What.

Tell me more about how scum marv is passive and how he is passive in this game?


Tell me more considering marv claims that if he is suspected day 1(he didnt claim that here though) he is never scum and what that means.
No gg, No skill.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 29 2013 16:13 GMT
#1747
I believe his claim because I think he's not (not the other way around).
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 29 2013 16:14 GMT
#1748
EDBOP: I believe his claim because I think he's town (not the other way around).
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2013 16:15 GMT
#1749
...and very strong feelings in one way I might add. Correctly state my opinion and rationale and you too could earn townie points.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2013 16:16 GMT
#1750
On March 30 2013 01:13 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 01:08 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2013 00:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 30 2013 00:54 Hapahauli wrote:
But see that is exactly how you read marv. Town marv is generally aggressive and absurdly pro-town.
He'll pepper everyone with questions, call everyone terrible, and will lead the town for better or for worse (almost always the former).
Scum-marv is much more passive, doesn't push his cases strongly, and "goes with the flow."

Explain the scum meta part please
Town games:

In MTG AFAIK, he was useless.

In Chrono as far as my memory holds out, he was useless.

Scum games:
Trolled themed, didnt stop my mislynch, generally active and it took a vig shot to kill him.

In Hero, again really active, abrasive, fuckton of useless 1 liners, survived to the end.

I didnt read any of his other scum games, you mind telling me what this meta read comes from?



That'll take a while. On phone right now, but I'll get back to ya.

Mtg was a hydra game. Bad to draw conclusions. And he was far from useless in chrono and got killed first by scum. As far as those scum games go, there are variations in activity but the fundamental read is the same.

As far as SnB goes, that comment isn't necessarily scummy. It does strongly suggest he has extra info, but that's it.


What.

Tell me more about how scum marv is passive and how he is passive in this game?


Tell me more considering marv claims that if he is suspected day 1(he didnt claim that here though) he is never scum and what that means.

a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 29 2013 16:16 GMT
#1751
On March 30 2013 01:15 Hapahauli wrote:
...and very strong feelings in one way I might add. Correctly state my opinion and rationale and you too could earn townie points.


Can they be exchanged with GreyMist points? If not, I dont want them
No gg, No skill.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2013 16:17 GMT
#1752
Failpost. On phone. Will get back to ya about Marv, cause it'll take a while
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2013 16:18 GMT
#1753
On March 30 2013 01:16 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 01:15 Hapahauli wrote:
...and very strong feelings in one way I might add. Correctly state my opinion and rationale and you too could earn townie points.


Can they be exchanged with GreyMist points? If not, I dont want them


I am a well connected man.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2013 16:19 GMT
#1754
Wait did acro role claim?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 29 2013 16:21 GMT
#1755
The claim is probably legit if my own role PM is anything to go by.

I can't pick out 4 mafia now for the life of me.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 29 2013 16:21 GMT
#1756
On March 30 2013 01:19 Hapahauli wrote:
Wait did acro role claim?

Vanilla townie in his first post.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2013 16:24 GMT
#1757
On March 30 2013 01:21 marvellosity wrote:
The claim is probably legit if my own role PM is anything to go by.

I can't pick out 4 mafia now for the life of me.


Do you have reasons to believe it to be true beyond aesthetics?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
March 29 2013 16:24 GMT
#1758
SnB, why did you choose to save Hapa?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 29 2013 16:25 GMT
#1759
On March 30 2013 01:21 marvellosity wrote:
The claim is probably legit if my own role PM is anything to go by.

I can't pick out 4 mafia now for the life of me.


There have been 3 flips.

Are you claiming 1 shot blue too?
No gg, No skill.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
March 29 2013 16:26 GMT
#1760
On March 30 2013 01:21 prplhz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2013 01:19 Hapahauli wrote:
Wait did acro role claim?

Vanilla townie in his first post.

with a green name
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 153 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3335
Rain 1752
GuemChi 538
FanTaSy 438
sSak 47
Bale 33
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm153
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King233
Other Games
summit1g7717
WinterStarcraft674
KnowMe68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick689
BasetradeTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2213
League of Legends
• Lourlo1221
• Rush1014
• Stunt477
Other Games
• Shiphtur729
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 36m
INu's Battles
4h 36m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 36m
OSC
15h 51m
Replay Cast
16h 36m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.