• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:16
CEST 14:16
KST 21:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8633 users

Hydra Mini Mafia - Page 62

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 66 Next
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 18 2013 23:28 GMT
#1221
On March 19 2013 08:26 marvellosity wrote:
Kei and I were quite amused that somehow Kei mostly ended up being bad cop and I was good cop. Not what we were expecting ^^

This is true.

At the end there, I was never mad at Promato or Moology. I was really just trying to guilt people into playing the game. Then marv comes in and is like "meh, let them do what they want"
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 18 2013 23:29 GMT
#1222
By the way, both mafia pairs showed a dissonance with how they dealt with posting as a hydra. Obviously I talked about the VE thing in my night 1 case, but Mocsta/Omni also showed differences that weren't natural town differences.

Kei/me obviously worked as a team, ditto with Hapa and iamp, Dr. P's two players disagreed with each other regularly but clearly did so in a very townie manner, unlike the two mafia slots.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
March 18 2013 23:29 GMT
#1223
On March 19 2013 08:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
We really had fun with the casting thing at the start except it just got wayyy too difficult to keep up.
And yeah no clue about how to use blue role properly. I've only ever been VT.

JK "should" basically be used as a medic, protect the Kog townie.

Only when there's only one scum left is aggressive jailing a "good" option.

imo.
Obviously, it depends on the situation.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
March 18 2013 23:30 GMT
#1224
Lol I haven't talked to VE since my promato stuff a couple days ago. =\ busy VE is busy. Oh well, I need help becoming a shiny green beacon of towniness (especially when I am town). I still don't get all of the implications of "analyze motives" because to me that's like saying "Macro Better". I just don't have those questions I'm supposed to VE asking myself nailed down.

Questions I should ask
Actions I should perform

I just wing it still. Newbie games past already used up so you're stuck with my being shitty or you can halp fix me. =D The rabbit hole goes deeper from here.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 18 2013 23:31 GMT
#1225
On March 19 2013 08:28 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2013 08:26 marvellosity wrote:
Kei and I were quite amused that somehow Kei mostly ended up being bad cop and I was good cop. Not what we were expecting ^^

It's easier to be easy-going when you're not reading the thread, eh?


LOL. Yes. Touché, sir
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2013 23:31 GMT
#1226
Mr Marv. I was basically by myself hence the dissonance
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 23:33:03
March 18 2013 23:31 GMT
#1227
I'd be happy to coach you in a game Obvious. Do the reverse-shadow style.

E: In fact, if this hadn't happened so fast I probably would have suggested that as our tactic as scum in this game - let you make all the posts with me whispering in your ear what to say.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2013 23:32 GMT
#1228
No offense meant to omni

I mean timezone wise, but both of us were busy in real life and was relying on the other to carry

I believed we did zero analysis all game even in qt. That should been the nail for us. All I did was cast suspicion with no follow up
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 18 2013 23:33 GMT
#1229
On March 19 2013 08:31 Mocsta wrote:
Mr Marv. I was basically by myself hence the dissonance

The dissonance between your read on VE and Omni's was what sealed your fate though. Which is what marv was getting at. You "shared" reads, but for conflicting reasons that didn't make sense when you think about two townies trying to figure things out together.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 18 2013 23:33 GMT
#1230
On March 19 2013 08:30 ObviousOne wrote:
Lol I haven't talked to VE since my promato stuff a couple days ago. =\ busy VE is busy. Oh well, I need help becoming a shiny green beacon of towniness (especially when I am town). I still don't get all of the implications of "analyze motives" because to me that's like saying "Macro Better". I just don't have those questions I'm supposed to VE asking myself nailed down.

Questions I should ask
Actions I should perform

I just wing it still. Newbie games past already used up so you're stuck with my being shitty or you can halp fix me. =D The rabbit hole goes deeper from here.


just look back at how the game played out and how both mafia were caught.

VE was suspicious for a really, really strange push on Dirk at the end of Day 1 and how he posted about you two as a hydra, and you were caught for basically not giving opinions on anything.

Moology were then caught for how they approached the whole OE situation, effectively, as well as dissonance between their partners.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 18 2013 23:33 GMT
#1231
On March 19 2013 08:30 ObviousOne wrote:
Lol I haven't talked to VE since my promato stuff a couple days ago. =\ busy VE is busy. Oh well, I need help becoming a shiny green beacon of towniness (especially when I am town). I still don't get all of the implications of "analyze motives" because to me that's like saying "Macro Better". I just don't have those questions I'm supposed to VE asking myself nailed down.

Questions I should ask
Actions I should perform

I just wing it still. Newbie games past already used up so you're stuck with my being shitty or you can halp fix me. =D The rabbit hole goes deeper from here.

Same issue I have really...I just keep up learning in regular games now where more people can get pissed at me.
I think I've def outgrown the newbie games considering how fast and easy the last one was (and I got NKed N1 yay!)
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 18 2013 23:34 GMT
#1232
On March 19 2013 08:33 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2013 08:30 ObviousOne wrote:
Lol I haven't talked to VE since my promato stuff a couple days ago. =\ busy VE is busy. Oh well, I need help becoming a shiny green beacon of towniness (especially when I am town). I still don't get all of the implications of "analyze motives" because to me that's like saying "Macro Better". I just don't have those questions I'm supposed to VE asking myself nailed down.

Questions I should ask
Actions I should perform

I just wing it still. Newbie games past already used up so you're stuck with my being shitty or you can halp fix me. =D The rabbit hole goes deeper from here.

Same issue I have really...I just keep up learning in regular games now where more people can get pissed at me.
I think I've def outgrown the newbie games considering how fast and easy the last one was (and I got NKed N1 yay!)


I wish newbie games existed when I started. I was never really taught anything and have been winging it ever since.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2013 23:36 GMT
#1233
On March 19 2013 08:33 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2013 08:31 Mocsta wrote:
Mr Marv. I was basically by myself hence the dissonance

The dissonance between your read on VE and Omni's was what sealed your fate though. Which is what marv was getting at. You "shared" reads, but for conflicting reasons that didn't make sense when you think about two townies trying to figure things out together.

Yeah he he

Woke up and a vote was on OE haha, had to roll with it u get that.

In the end I would hydra with omni again he's a good guy
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
March 18 2013 23:36 GMT
#1234
Reverse shadow works for me. Maybe a couple reverse shadows in different time zones lol I have the most messed up sleep schedule.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 18 2013 23:37 GMT
#1235
On March 19 2013 08:36 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2013 08:33 Keirathi wrote:
On March 19 2013 08:31 Mocsta wrote:
Mr Marv. I was basically by myself hence the dissonance

The dissonance between your read on VE and Omni's was what sealed your fate though. Which is what marv was getting at. You "shared" reads, but for conflicting reasons that didn't make sense when you think about two townies trying to figure things out together.

Yeah he he

Woke up and a vote was on OE haha, had to roll with it u get that.

In the end I would hydra with omni again he's a good guy


lol yes. it was like WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
March 18 2013 23:37 GMT
#1236
Next Hydra game is in the queue. I'm going to add nukes in there somehow. Preferably involving darts.
Other than that, it'll be a normal game.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 18 2013 23:38 GMT
#1237
On March 19 2013 08:36 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2013 08:33 Keirathi wrote:
On March 19 2013 08:31 Mocsta wrote:
Mr Marv. I was basically by myself hence the dissonance

The dissonance between your read on VE and Omni's was what sealed your fate though. Which is what marv was getting at. You "shared" reads, but for conflicting reasons that didn't make sense when you think about two townies trying to figure things out together.

Yeah he he

Woke up and a vote was on OE haha, had to roll with it u get that.

In the end I would hydra with omni again he's a good guy


I know that feeling. I wake up and see Wave's first derp post.

"Why are you still attacking Newbie?"

"We think he's scum"

"NO WE DON'T, THAT WAS ONLY IF DIRK FLIPPED"

lol, we had a lot of angry conversations
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2013 23:38 GMT
#1238
On March 19 2013 08:33 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2013 08:30 ObviousOne wrote:
Lol I haven't talked to VE since my promato stuff a couple days ago. =\ busy VE is busy. Oh well, I need help becoming a shiny green beacon of towniness (especially when I am town). I still don't get all of the implications of "analyze motives" because to me that's like saying "Macro Better". I just don't have those questions I'm supposed to VE asking myself nailed down.

Questions I should ask
Actions I should perform

I just wing it still. Newbie games past already used up so you're stuck with my being shitty or you can halp fix me. =D The rabbit hole goes deeper from here.


just look back at how the game played out and how both mafia were caught.

VE was suspicious for a really, really strange push on Dirk at the end of Day 1 and how he posted about you two as a hydra, and you were caught for basically not giving opinions on anything.

Moology were then caught for how they approached the whole OE situation, effectively, as well as dissonance between their partners.

Haha yeah dem questions about why we voted OE

I couldn't answer haha cos the decision making process made no sense to me with the qt knowledge to boot ! Haha
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2013 23:40 GMT
#1239
I was hoping more ppl would laugh at my spoilered balrog claim
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 18 2013 23:40 GMT
#1240
On March 19 2013 08:38 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2013 08:33 marvellosity wrote:
On March 19 2013 08:30 ObviousOne wrote:
Lol I haven't talked to VE since my promato stuff a couple days ago. =\ busy VE is busy. Oh well, I need help becoming a shiny green beacon of towniness (especially when I am town). I still don't get all of the implications of "analyze motives" because to me that's like saying "Macro Better". I just don't have those questions I'm supposed to VE asking myself nailed down.

Questions I should ask
Actions I should perform

I just wing it still. Newbie games past already used up so you're stuck with my being shitty or you can halp fix me. =D The rabbit hole goes deeper from here.


just look back at how the game played out and how both mafia were caught.

VE was suspicious for a really, really strange push on Dirk at the end of Day 1 and how he posted about you two as a hydra, and you were caught for basically not giving opinions on anything.

Moology were then caught for how they approached the whole OE situation, effectively, as well as dissonance between their partners.

Haha yeah dem questions about why we voted OE

I couldn't answer haha cos the decision making process made no sense to me with the qt knowledge to boot ! Haha

Teehee, those were my questions, not marv's!

I did get a chuckle how you completely avoided answering them by answering with irrelevant things to what I was actually asking though :p
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko430
ProTech120
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37085
firebathero 1453
Bisu 1428
Horang2 917
Hyuk 428
BeSt 373
Mini 263
EffOrt 253
Larva 235
Light 229
[ Show more ]
Soma 207
ZerO 110
Mong 94
Barracks 93
Rush 92
Leta 90
Pusan 65
Snow 63
Shinee 40
ToSsGirL 37
JYJ 36
NaDa 31
Mind 30
Aegong 28
Sexy 22
Bale 21
zelot 20
sorry 19
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
JulyZerg 12
Noble 11
Icarus 6
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc492
XaKoH 386
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1267
Khaldor1054
Other Games
gofns38377
singsing2256
olofmeister1342
B2W.Neo334
Livibee205
hiko86
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS51
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream255
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH168
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• HerbMon 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
44m
OSC
9h 44m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 44m
Online Event
22h 44m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.