• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:32
CEST 03:32
KST 10:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9452 users

Themed Game Mafia - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 97 Next
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 13 2013 03:20 GMT
#261
On February 13 2013 12:16 gonzaw wrote:
Well basically (from what I remember in other games) nobody votes at all and keep discussing stuff until they have the balls to lynch someone, just so they don't hammer too soon.


and from what I remember from hosting plenty of instant majority lynch games, this scenario works out really well for town and really poorly for scum
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 03:21 GMT
#262
So why arent you voting for Mayoral lynch then?
And dont say its cause instant majority is better.
No gg, No skill.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 13 2013 03:25 GMT
#263
I'm not saying mayoral lynch is better. I'm saying that the reasoning you gave for instant majority being better (and note, instant majority is in fact better), is fallacious and springs from a scum mindset. The issue isn't that you disagree with me, but rather, that your agreeing with me is done in a scummy way.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 13 2013 03:25 GMT
#264
Also, the fact that you haven't taken a moment to read my filter and realize my own reasoning for instant majority lynch is not helping your case in the slightest.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 03:27 GMT
#265
I just said why mayoral lynch is bad.

Dont see what you said about mayoral lynch being bad.
No gg, No skill.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 13 2013 03:28 GMT
#266
zZz
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
February 13 2013 03:28 GMT
#267
Now that GreY answered my question and I know that pick your poison is only happening today, I definitely want instant majority lynch. It's the best option.

On February 13 2013 12:13 gonzaw wrote:
You know, all the PYP things relate to lynching, so we know there' a lynch next cycle.
Thus we know only these games can take place tomorrow:

Witchcraft
Election
Chrono trigger
Looney thing
Whose line


Nice to know. I want Whose Line!
I want to perform a Hoedown.

So the hilarious thing is as much as I loved WLIIA mafia, I'm glad I died when I did because I actually didn't want to do the hoedown lol.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 13 2013 03:29 GMT
#268
Nice try moving goalposts mr oats

unless you have something more to say I think my case stands for itself
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 13 2013 03:32 GMT
#269
Lets stop talking about the pick your poison mechanic. I think we've come to a decision and we don't need to hear 17 people explain why a secret ballot/mayor is a bad idea.

On February 13 2013 11:12 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 09:32 Blazinghand wrote:
I've already signaled my role-reciever that I'm his role-creator, if he's smart enough to pick up on it. If he's not, well, that's pretty typical of him. But it's okay.


why would you want to do that?


I was also planning to ask this. From my perspective, I wouldn't want the player that I created a role for to know my identity, since it allows them to openly perform a fake claim the moment I die. A fake claim is a huge risk if you don't know if your role creator is still alive.

I'm also kinda weary that BH is potentially trying to buddy up to me from my previous post and is posting opinions that are absolute, but he appears to be the only other person actually trying to generate relevant discussion so I'm willing to give him a pass.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
February 13 2013 03:33 GMT
#270
On February 13 2013 12:29 Blazinghand wrote:
Nice try moving goalposts mr oats

unless you have something more to say I think my case stands for itself


I don't really...see a case?

His reasoning isn't necessarily bad, it just differs from yours.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 03:34 GMT
#271
And BH has confirmation bias.

THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT.
fuck BH I am ignoring him until he makes sense.
No gg, No skill.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
February 13 2013 03:34 GMT
#272
On February 13 2013 12:04 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:01 Oatsmaster wrote:
Well, I dont think mayor is necessarily good because its not worth the risk IMO.
If we vote in scum, We will defiantly not get a scum lynch tomorrow, and also, it basically kills discussion.


your reasons are bad

you are scum

##unvote
##vote Oatsmaster

This man seems to speak the truth.

##Unvote
##Vote: Oatsmaster
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 03:39 GMT
#273
BH is town, he is just horrible at the game.

Dandel Ion, Im not so sure. He hasnt done anything so far.

No gg, No skill.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
February 13 2013 03:39 GMT
#274
On February 13 2013 12:29 Blazinghand wrote:
Nice try moving goalposts mr oats

unless you have something more to say I think my case stands for itself

you have a case because i seem to have missed it?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 13 2013 03:39 GMT
#275
On February 13 2013 12:39 Oatsmaster wrote:
BH is town, he is just horrible at the game.

Dandel Ion, Im not so sure. He hasnt done anything so far.


And what exactly has BH done that makes you so sure that he is town?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 13 2013 03:40 GMT
#276
On February 13 2013 12:33 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 12:29 Blazinghand wrote:
Nice try moving goalposts mr oats

unless you have something more to say I think my case stands for itself


I don't really...see a case?

His reasoning isn't necessarily bad, it just differs from yours.


Look, think about your thought process as a townie when you evaluated the three options. You probably rejected the Secret Ballot out of hand barring some weird circumstances because it takes information away from town, then you thought about Mayoral and Instant Majority. Thinking about the strengths and drawbacks of both, you'd note that Mayoral elections produce a different kind of discussion than lynch votes (not necessarily better or worse) and the actual vote itself tends to be about who says they'll use the lynch on whom and who you have a town-read on. Instant Majority sounds dangerous but actually buts the scum under a lot of pressure assuming nobody gets dumb and jumps the gun on the hammer.

But what you don't think about, and I'm certain nobody town aligned thinks about as a main reason not to use mayoral, is the possibility of making a scum player mayor. It's a risk of mayoral, but it's not the reason you wouldn't run it-- after all, if what the mayor does is pick who gets lynched, picking a scum player to be mayor isn't a huge risk. We're not giving powers to the scumteam, and in fact, having a scum under that spotlight could be very helpful to town. From a townie perspective, which any townie will have, you probably want instant majority because it's simple and lets you lynch someone. You want your vote to do something and you want to put pressure on the scum. You don't reject mayoral because a scum might get elected-- this might actually be the best outcome short of a townie get elected and lynching scum. You reject mayoral because instant majority is better and gives you more power to hunt scum.

Oats came into this giving reasoning that comes from a mindset not of townie scumhunting, but of scum shirking responsibility and blending in, and thinking fearfully.

I thought this was pretty obvious, guys
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 13 2013 03:41 GMT
#277
BAZINGA
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 03:42 GMT
#278
In case you didnt know BH, I just played a Mayoral election game AS SCUM, so I am aware of the benefits that scum has to gain if they are elected mayor.

So I am wrong, big deal BH.
No gg, No skill.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
February 13 2013 03:43 GMT
#279
I sheeped you before you walloftext'd.

##hipsterswag
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 13 2013 03:46 GMT
#280
Also, BH is town, because as scum, there is no point to put yourself under the spotlight this early when you can use that post later in a larger analysis.
No gg, No skill.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 97 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings95
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 135
Sharp 54
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
Doublelift4022
Counter-Strike
taco 510
Other Games
summit1g7172
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0351
ViBE169
ToD84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
BasetradeTV172
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP90
• poizon28 41
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra871
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 28m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.