• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:35
CEST 03:35
KST 10:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9391 users

TL Mafia LIX - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 16:23 GMT
#3901
On February 01 2013 01:17 FiveTouch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:12 austinmcc wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:07 FiveTouch wrote:
Just a silly thing I was musing on. It looks like none of the mafia masons used their mason power. This must have been a conscious plan (presumably to discredit town masons?)

Didn't make sense to me with a single player, but I suppose it makes some sense as a faction-wide decision.

Pass up the chance at control over the game to stay away from getting a player or two caught by virtue of weeding through the masons for mafia, and you can bring up that up lategame and try to get some mislynches on the virtue of mason-role only.


Who do you want to be lynching on the morrow?
yamato. I wrote up some stuff on him last night, but I think it overall fits. I've finally got a bit more free time now, though, so I need to also look at a couple other players. He's the only one that I've taken an in-depth look at so far.

Off the top of my head, I don't like a lynch on annul. Balance is a small point in favor of looking at newer players. He's also asked a couple questions at times where they didn't need to be asked by mafia, and then didn't push them hard. While they could have been for town points, in cases where they could be used to try and save a mafia buddy (Gonzaw masoning), he didn't push them and so didn't feel like he was trying to start a push for a save.

I'll poke around fuba, stutters, and I guess what there is of adam, but yamato just looked baaaaaaaaad to me when I was trying to talk with him and filtering him. Yes, there's always the possibility that's how he plays, and I know he can tunnel and can be abrasive, but he's still on top of my list for the moment.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 16:31 GMT
#3906
On February 01 2013 01:24 FiveTouch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:23 austinmcc wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:17 FiveTouch wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:12 austinmcc wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:07 FiveTouch wrote:
Just a silly thing I was musing on. It looks like none of the mafia masons used their mason power. This must have been a conscious plan (presumably to discredit town masons?)

Didn't make sense to me with a single player, but I suppose it makes some sense as a faction-wide decision.

Pass up the chance at control over the game to stay away from getting a player or two caught by virtue of weeding through the masons for mafia, and you can bring up that up lategame and try to get some mislynches on the virtue of mason-role only.


Who do you want to be lynching on the morrow?
yamato. I wrote up some stuff on him last night, but I think it overall fits. I've finally got a bit more free time now, though, so I need to also look at a couple other players. He's the only one that I've taken an in-depth look at so far.

Off the top of my head, I don't like a lynch on annul. Balance is a small point in favor of looking at newer players. He's also asked a couple questions at times where they didn't need to be asked by mafia, and then didn't push them hard. While they could have been for town points, in cases where they could be used to try and save a mafia buddy (Gonzaw masoning), he didn't push them and so didn't feel like he was trying to start a push for a save.

I'll poke around fuba, stutters, and I guess what there is of adam, but yamato just looked baaaaaaaaad to me when I was trying to talk with him and filtering him. Yes, there's always the possibility that's how he plays, and I know he can tunnel and can be abrasive, but he's still on top of my list for the moment.


So you want to lynch yamato despite what's just been discussed about the masons?

Right now, yeah. I'll look around, but we can't definitively say "everyone who is leftover and a mason cannot be mafia."
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 16:33 GMT
#3907
I guess the argument in his favor is stronger than just mason, as he apparently knew some other roles that didn't get sniped. Blerg.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 16:43 GMT
#3909
On February 01 2013 01:37 yamato77 wrote:
Mocsta would have died N1 if I was mafia.

I knew he was mason with Chez like me D1, FT has the logs.

Unless you've got a history somewhere of blowing up masons whenever you can, this doesn't really do anything.

Mafia already knew mocsta was a mason, because Chez himself was mafia. Your being mafia and knowing he was a mason wouldn't have changed their knowledge, and would have only mattered in the way you want it to here if you were some kind of super anti-mason zealot as mafia.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 17:05 GMT
#3911
On February 01 2013 01:57 FiveTouch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 01:43 austinmcc wrote:
On February 01 2013 01:37 yamato77 wrote:
Mocsta would have died N1 if I was mafia.

I knew he was mason with Chez like me D1, FT has the logs.

Unless you've got a history somewhere of blowing up masons whenever you can, this doesn't really do anything.

Mafia already knew mocsta was a mason, because Chez himself was mafia. Your being mafia and knowing he was a mason wouldn't have changed their knowledge, and would have only mattered in the way you want it to here if you were some kind of super anti-mason zealot as mafia.


It just seems that for someone who likes maths and logic like you, it's odd that you want to kill yamato, which would mean

a) mafia had 4 masons to town's 3, and
b) yamato as this extra mason on his own decided to mason people unlike the plan laid out by the rest of the team (apparently)
Yeah. I'll admit to not hitting his mason post yesterday actually, and he looks better in light of that.

I do loves me the maths, but something about how he had vastly different reads all based on similar actions bugged me, as did the way he was responding. I guess I pull back and elsewhere, just hate the way he defended himself against pressure. Masoning chez is a bigger deal to me (in terms of him not being mafia) than the numbers, just because town looks to have a sizeable number of blues, even disregarding the masons.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 17:16 GMT
#3912
Did we ever get an explanation for Chezinu telling mocsta in mason chat that "Grush like yam!" prior to Grush's masoning Yamato coming to light?

Grush would mean the same mason split, and mocsta seemed to move around a bit last night cycle, but one of the things that pops out of his filter was him picking up on that line in his chat with Chez and how Chez seemed to have info that the thread didn't. I haven't seen anything yet. Yamato did you tell Chez that Grush had masoned you or had a townread on you or anything?
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 17:39 GMT
#3914
djodref suspicious of clarity, oats, annul, and JX to some extent on D1.
JX suspicious of debears D1.
mocsta doesn't give me much of anything other than that question about Chez popping out.

So doesn't appear to be any real common thread among the NKs, was hoping djodref and JX shared some kind of off-the-wall read.

Gonzaw and Axle as mafia probably rule out oats. Gonzaw both wanted to lynch oats D1 and oats posted some followup case bits on Gonzaw, specifically referencing the way gonzaw and axle interacted D1. If oats were scum, he'd be pointing out Gonzaw/Axle's interactions, and would basically have been...he'd have been the fall guy to make Gonzaw and prplhz look good I guess? Gonzaw lynches oats if mayor, flips scum, gets to say he killed scum AND prplhz looks slightly better because the non-prplhz option flipped scum.

Still looking around for a non-yamato lynch i like.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 17:44 GMT
#3915
(That's not advocating a yamato lynch. Giving that up with masoning Chezinu, actually missed the mason crap yesterday)
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 20:37 GMT
#3921
On February 01 2013 05:35 grush57 wrote:
Also who wants to get masoned tomorrow?
I can probably offer drunken PMs, if that's your thing.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 20:42 GMT
#3925
On February 01 2013 05:40 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 05:32 grush57 wrote:
Also Toad you're telling us right before night deadline correct?

nah already in 2 and a half hour. Am tired

You really should just wait.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 21:19 GMT
#3931
On February 01 2013 05:48 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 05:41 grush57 wrote:
or scum mindgames us and doesn't shoot.

you have a problem with that? We have 2 lynches tomorrow and I'm almost a 100% certain on this one. There's no way mafia is going to do that. Actually I'm going to tell you to policy lynch Vivax as secondary lynch to teach him a lesson for good :p

There's nothing to be gained. The plus in telling us early is that you can't die with us not knowing your target, but that's not an option in this game.

Lessening the that scum plays mind games, especially given that they MAY have done so earlier with the BKE jail, is worth something.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 31 2013 21:37 GMT
#3937
On the off chance the remaining mafia is a framer and not a goon (yeah, framer + 2 GF is a lot, but POSSIBLE), I don't think we need to call out a specific check.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
February 01 2013 01:22 GMT
#3958
On February 01 2013 10:10 FiveTouch wrote:
Stop trolling. We kill annul. austin is kinda tempting because he deserves to be lynched for being wrong the whole game and not submitting to me.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

On January 20 2013 21:36 FiveTouch wrote:
##Vote: austinmcc

Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
February 01 2013 01:38 GMT
#3971
It's odd that mafia continues to do nothing about a claimed DT. Most NORMAL assumptions based on that are: (1) Vivax is the last remaining mafia; or (2) the last remaining mafia is one of the players that CAN'T be checked.

Even if (2) were true, no reason to be giving out town checks either.


I don't superlove the idea of Vivax as the last remaining mafia. We're down to 10/1 as far as I can tell, and either win today or go to 8/1. Worth getting another check in and lynching him later if we haven't won, imo, because the more checks the better.

Grrrrr.

+ Show Spoiler +
the point of that quote is that I don't think I've ever been THIS wrong before, all game, about everything. You've also never voted me for mayor. It's possible that the vote caused this. Just maybe.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
February 01 2013 13:56 GMT
#4019
I agree with leaving Vivax up until later, and playing the safer game there.

But the "confirmed townie" list isn't as large as you're making it.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
February 01 2013 14:16 GMT
#4028
On February 01 2013 23:13 mkfuba07 wrote:
It means austin is scum.

There's a check on me and even if the remaining mafia is a framer he can't frame himself.

So either I'm town

or

I'm scum and Vivax is just lying that he checked me last night. Also, in this scenario, Vivax has to be town. So he's a townie just lying about his check for no reason.

That is what you are saying.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
February 01 2013 14:16 GMT
#4029
Oh yeah, I guess 3rd GF is also a possibility.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
February 01 2013 14:22 GMT
#4039
On February 01 2013 23:19 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 23:16 austinmcc wrote:
On February 01 2013 23:13 mkfuba07 wrote:
It means austin is scum.

There's a check on me and even if the remaining mafia is a framer he can't frame himself.

So either I'm town

or

I'm scum and Vivax is just lying that he checked me last night. Also, in this scenario, Vivax has to be town. So he's a townie just lying about his check for no reason.

That is what you are saying.


Don't make it sound like that never happened before. May I remind you of BC's Arkham City in which someone fakeclaimed DT as a townie and then fakeclaimed a redcheck on a modconfirmed (literally (!) modconfirmed) blue guy d2?

Schworz, never forget

Anyways I'm off for a while, see you
I'm trying to make it sound as ridiculous as it is.

I wasn't around for that game, and it's so long that it is one of the ones I never reread. Yes, it's a possible thing, but the bolded sentence is actually what would have to be happening if there's no third GF.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
February 01 2013 14:37 GMT
#4055
On February 01 2013 23:35 Vivax wrote:
I'd lynch annul for not claiming the RB and implying that Toad could be mafia still.

On February 01 2013 23:23 Toadesstern wrote:
I have the jail

The jail was not used. There was no RB.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
February 01 2013 15:41 GMT
#4086
I don't think it's time to lynch into elected officials yet. But yeah, neither elected dude is actually "confirmed." There is still the chance that one of you is the remaining scum and figured that once you got elected you could bus yourself to endgame.

Everything right now is circumstantial, and we're not yet at a point where mafia FT puts us at endgame, but we need to be aware of that. It's one explanation for why a claimed cop has been left alive - neither of you can be checked, so part of the risk to mafia of an active cop is gone. It's one explanation for why Gonzaw didn't get pushed over the top into an elected position - mafia already had one of the spots (For all the talk about what would/wouldn't have looked suspicious, they could have voted him harder earlier on, it's not like they HAD to last-minute vote like Chez did).
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 144
NeuroSwarm 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 480
Bale 54
League of Legends
Doublelift4498
Other Games
summit1g9068
JimRising 546
ViBE213
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick628
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Light_VIP 15
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1120
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 25m
Patches Events
13h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 25m
OSC
21h 25m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.