• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:47
CEST 02:47
KST 09:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6673 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 345

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 343 344 345 346 347 384 Next
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 08 2012 14:30 GMT
#6881
On December 08 2012 23:19 Promethelax wrote:
nope. but you feel most wrong.
what rolename do you think makes most sense for Phagga and why?

Just went and looked at Kino and golem.

The ability fits golem.better. he attacks the party with whatever element was used on him last, and only the last one. Kino didn't have boatloads on him, but the flavor that phagga claimed fits kinos flavor.

Seems more likely that the Kino thing is a fakeclaim. All we have is claimed flavor and a crumb of Kino.

Lots of night actions unaccounted for, which makes me think that both golrm fits better AND could.have some base attack + the copycat bit.

If.nothing else, kita's questions are good. How do you haves copy role and not use it? It looks more like he's sat back, avoided any situation that could test him or force him to use pro-towj abilities.

Fe fi fo fum.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
December 08 2012 14:33 GMT
#6882
so why did he claim at CJ to the whole thread?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 08 2012 14:41 GMT
#6883
Actually austin, if Golem is his real role name, then he is definately scum.
No gg, No skill.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 08 2012 14:47 GMT
#6884
On December 08 2012 23:33 Promethelax wrote:
so why did he claim at CJ to the whole thread?

Easiest answer is he didn't think it through, that we could then force him.to use protown night actions.

I mean, we seem to have ALL missed out on that, nobody picked up that we could try and use the copying to our advantage.

It's also not a giant advantage now that I think about it. Town healer heals him Nx. He has a heal for Nx+1, as does the healer. End result, 1 heal on him, 2 heals on town. Which is BETTER for him that just town healer healing on Nx and x+1. It actually works out well for him almost no matter what,.because the town actor "wastes" a protown action one night. I'm on phone, but if the cycle he claimed was one where scum tried to take out someone highly visible (syllo, dinosaurs) then he could have been attempting to get heals away from.them for that night
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 08 2012 14:49 GMT
#6885
On December 08 2012 23:41 Oatsmaster wrote:
Actually austin, if Golem is his real role name, then he is definately scum.

The ability sounds almost exactly like what the golems do in game. It does fit.

Prom did you go look the claimed roles up for their in game actions? It's not 100%, but its worth considering along with the other stuff.
Fe fi fo fum.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 08 2012 15:14 GMT
#6886
I can't make any sense of some of these night actions/claimed damages unless more than one people is lying, there are some hidden mechanics or there have been a bunch of mod errors. If austinmcc isn't lying about shielding hapa/keirathi, when and how did they take 75 extra damage?

Why did me and Prom take 420 shared damage (420-250 = 170, which is a strange number)? Why did it take greymist multiple attempts to get the number right?

Why did Prom take 25 damage instead of 75 when I shot him?

Why did mafia shoot hapa on n2 for 100 (or 175?) damage?

Why/how did I take 50 damage on n1, since Prom was seed shielding me? Did mafia use 50 factional KP for fun or was Kita's shot on Drazerk randomly reflected onto me?

How did Clarity take ~400 damage (if he started with 900 hp) last night even though it should have been less than that due to risk being dead? Is it because we were in a different time period?
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 08 2012 15:18 GMT
#6887
Phagga having an ability that targets two players (players A and B) and makes him use a random ability that player A has on player B could explain some of the strange things, maybe
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
December 08 2012 16:14 GMT
#6888
On December 08 2012 23:04 kitaman27 wrote:

Phagga, could you walk me through why you never tried to abuse this role, through a claim?

With a parity check, we could have cleared 4 players instead of two. You could have asked to be targeted by S&B to confirm his role. You could have increased our healing output by having someone heal yourself and then healing someone else the next cycle.

What was your thought process on how you should use your role?


When I got my role I asked myself if I should claim immediatly or not. However, the problem is that scum could easily mess with me as long as we are not in 65,000,000 BC. Imagine that someone is healing me. At the same time, I get damaged by scum. Now I have no clue which ability I am going to use next night, and it gets worthless as I risk either healing scum or damaging town. And even this only works if town actually believes my claim.

Also, I guess you are aware what people normally ask for parity checks on themself, right? (In case you don't: godfathers).

Also, of what use is it if I am being healed when already at full health? It makes no difference long term. Once I was damaged I did indeed propose that I get healed, but obviously I don't have enough town cred.

Generally, most skills would be a waste if used on me only to copy them. A heal makes sense when I am damaged (which I was not until N4 or 5), a DT check once would work too. Damage is a waste as town, Roleblock is a waste. This is one of the reason why I was so excited about Turducken: A spell that would Target me just for comparison, and that I would get to use the next night. I could immediatly double the damage (which was potentially huge) with no downside.

So, yeah, I decided to not claim D1 and see how it works out. Unfortunately I was never targeted with anything except for Oats 75 damage, so i barely got to use my ability.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
December 08 2012 16:17 GMT
#6889
Trying to figure out all the night actions is just doing my head in. Instead I decided to reread day 1:

What I find telling is that Phagga seems to be trying to decide if hes going to vote either Syllo or Kita. If they're both town, which seems most probable at this point, then why would a scum Phagga hear each one out, vote for Kita first, then switch to Syllo after Kita goes AWOL and doesn't answer his questions. That seems like a lot of unnecessary effort to offload your vote because your scum candidate (sandroba) bombed.

In contrast, Z-BosoN was pushing Sandroba's candidacy with some flimsy reasoning (which I've already touched on previously). He didn't even vote sandroba until an hour before the deadline, that strikes me as supremely odd for someone that apparently never considered anyone else for the entirety of D1 (at least in the thread).

I reaffirm, Phagga is town. Austinmcc is scum.

I'm going to bed now, I'd really like to wake up to us squaring off with Lavos.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
December 08 2012 16:25 GMT
#6890
On December 08 2012 23:30 austinmcc wrote:
Seems more likely that the Kino thing is a fakeclaim. All we have is claimed flavor and a crumb of Kino.

Lots of night actions unaccounted for, which makes me think that both golrm fits better AND could.have some base attack + the copycat bit.

If.nothing else, kita's questions are good. How do you haves copy role and not use it? It looks more like he's sat back, avoided any situation that could test him or force him to use pro-towj abilities.


Scum would barely use their abilities on me if I was scum only to copy them, which would mean that a lot more town abilities would have had to be used on me. Noone has claimed that, though, so your theorie is off.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
December 08 2012 16:28 GMT
#6891
On December 09 2012 00:18 syllogism wrote:
Phagga having an ability that targets two players (players A and B) and makes him use a random ability that player A has on player B could explain some of the strange things, maybe


Yeah right and perhaps you know your hidden modifier is actually positive although you are mafia and you therefore have some sort of godfather-role for party events, and are actually the last scum. (no, I do not mean that serious).

Speculating about how my ability could actually work because you do not want to trust me/think I am lying is the worst way to try to find scum, just saying. You can make up any fantasy ability that fits the holes with the night actions, and assign it to me, but that does not make it real.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 08 2012 16:31 GMT
#6892
On December 09 2012 01:28 phagga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 00:18 syllogism wrote:
Phagga having an ability that targets two players (players A and B) and makes him use a random ability that player A has on player B could explain some of the strange things, maybe


Yeah right and perhaps you know your hidden modifier is actually positive although you are mafia and you therefore have some sort of godfather-role for party events, and are actually the last scum. (no, I do not mean that serious).

Speculating about how my ability could actually work because you do not want to trust me/think I am lying is the worst way to try to find scum, just saying. You can make up any fantasy ability that fits the holes with the night actions, and assign it to me, but that does not make it real.

My vote is on austin and it's unlikely to move. I'm just trying to make sense of the actions and game purely based on the claims. I would like to solve the game based on claimed night actions alone, but it doesn't seem possible even though it should be.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
December 08 2012 16:32 GMT
#6893
On December 08 2012 23:47 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 23:33 Promethelax wrote:
so why did he claim at CJ to the whole thread?

Easiest answer is he didn't think it through, that we could then force him.to use protown night actions.

I mean, we seem to have ALL missed out on that, nobody picked up that we could try and use the copying to our advantage.

It's also not a giant advantage now that I think about it. Town healer heals him Nx. He has a heal for Nx+1, as does the healer. End result, 1 heal on him, 2 heals on town. Which is BETTER for him that just town healer healing on Nx and x+1. It actually works out well for him almost no matter what,.because the town actor "wastes" a protown action one night.


you have just successfully described the town reason not to straight away claim my ability. good job.

I'm on phone, but if the cycle he claimed was one where scum tried to take out someone highly visible (syllo, dinosaurs) then he could have been attempting to get heals away from.them for that night


I tried to get turducken, and only as comparitive target. Toads would still have taken damage, but I would have had the chance to inflict damage the next night.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
December 08 2012 17:04 GMT
#6894
On December 08 2012 23:04 kitaman27 wrote:
Keirathi, as you were in two parties, what was your second ability? Are these abilities one use?

Its strange that his role is so nerfed compared to everyone else. He also has the failed event to take into account.

I'm a JOAT of sorts.

I have a track (1), jk (2), 200 hp vig (3), and an alignment check (4). The numbers inside the parentheses are how many "points" the ability costs for me to use it. I get one point for being in a party, or two points for being the party leader. If the time period is 600AD, those points are doubled (So I got 2 points for the day 1 party, letting me using a jail, etc).

The second time I was in the party, I tracked Hapa. It was the same night Syllo tracked him though, and my result was that Hapa didn't target anyone.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
December 08 2012 17:55 GMT
#6895
Open question why would scum austin heal me?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
December 08 2012 18:04 GMT
#6896
On December 09 2012 02:55 iamperfection wrote:
Open question why would scum austin heal me?


If he would not have healed a townie today, he would have been a sure lynch. I had no other choice.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 08 2012 18:05 GMT
#6897
How do you propose mafia <person> could win the game no matter what he does?

Actually I think you were a weird target for a town healer because you were essentially at full health already and main healers were instructed to heal me. Healing Clarity would have been townier because he had taken a lot of damage recently.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
December 08 2012 18:07 GMT
#6898
by the way with my upgrade i can heal anyone now it doesn't matter if their full health or not it would still be good
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
December 08 2012 18:14 GMT
#6899
bah i will think about this more when i get home from work.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
December 08 2012 18:48 GMT
#6900
On December 09 2012 03:04 phagga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 02:55 iamperfection wrote:
Open question why would scum austin heal me?


If he would not have healed a townie today, he would have been a sure lynch. I had no other choice.

If I were scum, I seemed to already be on the chopping block.

Why would I heal town in order to push back another cycle?

Based on toads machine, scum wants to summon lavos early, so why would I not just die?
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 343 344 345 346 347 384 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2541
Artosis 711
White-Ra 107
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever739
NeuroSwarm206
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv291
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe172
Other Games
summit1g8269
JimRising 601
shahzam564
C9.Mang0301
ArmadaUGS58
RuFF_SC232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick781
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream335
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 14m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 14m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.