• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:10
CEST 10:10
KST 17:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8001 users

Mario Mini Mafia - Page 57

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 199 Next
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 15 2012 00:01 GMT
#1121
On November 15 2012 08:47 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 08:34 Blazinghand wrote:
On November 15 2012 08:30 Z-BosoN wrote:
Sigh... please make it easy to respond to. I´m not scum and I´m pretty fed-up with having to defend myself every single game being town.


"wahh i'm pretty fed up with having to play forum mafia whenever i play forum mafia"


For what it's worth this is like the scummiest thing ZB has done this game


It's cause you don't know the context. My main problem as town is that people think I'm scum every. single. time. Every past game I've played on, I've been receiving shit based on misinterpretations, things I've said that were confusing, and mismatched other things I have said. I got VERY frustrated because I was playing mafia and I spent like 70% trying to not get lynched instead of scumhunting.

So I've decided to change my playing style a bit, so the general populace stops twisting my unclear words. Hapa pretty much nailed it, as it was a topic I've discussed with him quite a lot:

On November 15 2012 08:32 Hapahauli wrote:
Uhhh Z-Boson huh? That's interesting. He kinda peaced out of the thread after dropping his Hopeless case.

Off the top of my head he is usually a bit more active in his town games and was a tad lurky in his scum game (can't draw conclusions from that though). I generally think his posts have been fewer in number but higher in quality. I'm inclined to think it's a stylistic change and not scummy given some of my previous conversations with him.


And now I've been trying hard to read more, post less, but with more clarity and quality. And that apparently led marv to have a meta read on me, for "tone", despite me trying pretty hard to get shit right. That pretty much explains my QQ - no matter how hard I try, I'm found as scum every single fucking bitchass time, and this time even marv found it so.

/rant

Anyways, bring it on marv you slut.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 15 2012 00:01 GMT
#1122
I know TL is having problems. However, I have decided (for now) to keep the deadline in ~2 hours. The game started 2 hours early, so you guys haven't really lost any time. I will, however, be a bit lenient with modkills/replacements if people are honestly TRYING to post, but not able to due to the outages.

TL;DR: Barring more major outages, deadline is still in 2 hours. If that changes, I'll post again.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
November 15 2012 00:01 GMT
#1123
On November 15 2012 09:00 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 08:56 Clarity_nl wrote:
On November 15 2012 08:55 Hopeless1der wrote:
On November 15 2012 08:53 Hapahauli wrote:
That's fucking rediculous debears. I have no idea why I'm going to respond to it, but hopefully I can show the thread how desperate you are right now:

1) "Overkill" case: I've used this in my TOWN games. It is not about "scumhunting too hard" at all. Rockband Mini for reference:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=369250&currentpage=40#796

2) I'm scummy because my case isn't based around debears meta. ROFL.

3)
Next post. No meta. Just an assumption that iamp was my top scumread because iamp had more content and that I didn't vote him, which he sees as scummy


ROFL at no meta again.
ROFL at not responding to my relevant case AGAIN.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=381440&currentpage=47#937

4)
ISN'T THAT THE PROBLEM? HOPELESS HAS BEEN AROUND AND HAS ZERO CONTENT


AGAIN, Hopeless is very capable of doing this as town.



But to all the townies out there, please read debears "case." He thinks I"m scummy because I'm not using a fucking meta read on him. But here's a meta read - debears is active as town OR scum, but what's distinguishing is his logic. This is a prime example of the crazy illogical things he uses to put suspicion on people as scum.

You've just committed to showing shitty logic from scum debears =\


It's rather hard to post perfect logic when you're scum and you HAVE to show suspicion of confirmed townies.
What's your point?

That debears is going to rage at OMG META READ WITH NO EXAMPLES


Hopeless last time someone did this to me when I was close to getting lynched was scum. You're just making the case against you better right now

Saying stuff along the lines of "omg desperation"
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 15 2012 00:02 GMT
#1124
Oh wow I got uber sniped. Hang on.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
November 15 2012 00:03 GMT
#1125
On November 15 2012 09:01 Z-BosoN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 08:47 Blazinghand wrote:
On November 15 2012 08:34 Blazinghand wrote:
On November 15 2012 08:30 Z-BosoN wrote:
Sigh... please make it easy to respond to. I´m not scum and I´m pretty fed-up with having to defend myself every single game being town.


"wahh i'm pretty fed up with having to play forum mafia whenever i play forum mafia"


For what it's worth this is like the scummiest thing ZB has done this game


It's cause you don't know the context balh blah blah vblahl blahblah


I meant it in the sense that you aren't very scummy
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 15 2012 00:06 GMT
#1126
Oooh boy wall-o-text case on Z-Bo. Readin' readin'
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
November 15 2012 00:06 GMT
#1127
Are people really still voting me?

Who will be around 1 hour before lynch guys????
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
November 15 2012 00:06 GMT
#1128
debears if you really want me to i'll vote you to
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
November 15 2012 00:07 GMT
#1129
On November 15 2012 09:06 Blazinghand wrote:
debears if you really want me to i'll vote you to


I mean. Idc if you do. I just want to know numbers right now of a possible swing last hour
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
November 15 2012 00:09 GMT
#1130
@Marv

While it does fit meta, and I did say long posts make it easier for scum to think things out, I'm not willing to lynch Z-Bo today.

Why not HopelesS?
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 15 2012 00:09 GMT
#1131
I feel I am at a disadvantage, not having a natural meta awareness about most people in this thread. I do try to read people's older games after I am done reading through their filter, but I just read their filter, which means their posts lose context.. somewhat.

That said, marv's case makes a lot of sense.
I mean, he used the word propensity, how can I resist.

##Unvote
##Vote Z-BosoN
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 15 2012 00:13 GMT
#1132
On November 15 2012 09:09 debears wrote:
@Marv

While it does fit meta, and I did say long posts make it easier for scum to think things out, I'm not willing to lynch Z-Bo today.

Why not HopelesS?


why not?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 15 2012 00:13 GMT
#1133
marv do you have any problems with boson that aren't meta related?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 15 2012 00:16 GMT
#1134
On November 15 2012 09:13 thrawn2112 wrote:
marv do you have any problems with boson that aren't meta related?


Generally speaking Z-Boson has not been involved with town at all, and while that directly contradicts his meta, it is scummy in its own right.

An almost identical reference to this is HiroPro in Rock Band, who I found scum for meta reasons, and one of those reasons was that he was not invested in the thread. And his DP stuff I don't like, and just the general wording of some of his stuff I don't like (this is all in my case if I read it).

And to preempt "I'm trying to change my style" defence. You can try to change your style to post more concisely, but the underlying player is still the same. Z-Boson would not suddenly become way more confident in his reads; however posts are presented it's not like he miraculously becomes 100% more certain on his reads as town.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
November 15 2012 00:18 GMT
#1135
Has hopeless been involved marv?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 15 2012 00:19 GMT
#1136
i find hopeless less scummy. i'm not talking about him atm.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 15 2012 00:20 GMT
#1137
@ BH

Why the hell do you still have your vote on me? It's shit and you know it.



Regarding Z-Boson

It's interesting, and I'm interested in hearing what Z-Bo has to say about it. That being said, I still find debears much more scummy.

1) Z-Boson is matching his Newbie XXV scum-meta. I'm reallllly hesitant about using meta from that long-ago. It was his first game, and he's changed as a player a lot since then. There is a resemblance, but nothing lynchable.

2) Z-Boson is not making enough "non-serious" remarks. Again, this isn't a deviation that I consider significant enough from his town meta to be lynchable.

3) Z-Boson is more decisive. This point I like quite a bit. However, I've had some conversations with Z-Bo after recent newbie game where he mentioned he wanted to make a stylistic change to his game. He talked to me a lot about wanting to post less and what not. I think it's consistent. I'll see if I can find the skype logs.

a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
November 15 2012 00:21 GMT
#1138
@Marv's case on Z-Boson - Quite frankly, if it saves me, I'll vote Z-boson, otherwise my vote stays parked on debears. I still think Z-Bo is town though, I just happen to know I'm town.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 15 2012 00:24 GMT
#1139
@ Z-Boson

Would you mind if I posted our skype convos?

Hell am I allowed to post skype convos?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 15 2012 00:28 GMT
#1140
On November 15 2012 09:16 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 09:13 thrawn2112 wrote:
marv do you have any problems with boson that aren't meta related?


Generally speaking Z-Boson has not been involved with town at all, and while that directly contradicts his meta, it is scummy in its own right.

An almost identical reference to this is HiroPro in Rock Band, who I found scum for meta reasons, and one of those reasons was that he was not invested in the thread. And his DP stuff I don't like, and just the general wording of some of his stuff I don't like (this is all in my case if I read it).

And to preempt "I'm trying to change my style" defence. You can try to change your style to post more concisely, but the underlying player is still the same. Z-Boson would not suddenly become way more confident in his reads; however posts are presented it's not like he miraculously becomes 100% more certain on his reads as town.


then why are you singling out boson as opposed to any of the other people who have a similar or smaller amount of content? there are people with less contributions including myself. it looks like the case is built entirely upon a meta read. that brings me to what i've been worrying about for awhile now... i'm surprised that marv and hapa specifically haven't been questioning me harder than they have been. maybe some of the other people i've played with too, but those two specifically should know that my play looks nothing like it normally does.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 199 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 746
GuemChi 588
Leta 324
BeSt 240
Soma 174
Hyun 130
firebathero 110
Mong 68
910 48
sSak 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 26
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
HiyA 12
Noble 8
Shine 2
Dota 2
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss561
ceh9523
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King347
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister845
JimRising 484
Happy336
KnowMe48
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick455
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt440
• Jankos241
Other Games
• Shiphtur485
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 50m
Patches Events
7h 50m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.