• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:00
CEST 00:00
KST 07:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7982 users

Death Note Mini Mafia - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 52 Next
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 02 2012 19:15 GMT
#781
How do you come away from that with Node being really shady guy, me being shady, and then vote ghost?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 02 2012 19:16 GMT
#782
EBWOP: Hopeless is apparently another shady guy. So pretty much everyone except the cop claim and marvel are shady guys? Makes sense. I can see you're really putting in the effort here.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 02 2012 19:18 GMT
#783
Also, it's a cop claim, how do you know if he's telling the truth? I'm pretty sure he's at least a cop or faking cop as a townie, but he's not confirmed.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
September 02 2012 19:20 GMT
#784
The whole reason for why you were voting for the traitor, even though you knew he was the traitor, was because Ghost was your scum buddy.

Ghost has to be scum.

Basically everybody is shady when compared to dead, confirmed town townies.

+ Show Spoiler +
I also applaud you for posting how you knew SnB was traitor, so you could get town credit for purposely killing him.
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
September 02 2012 19:21 GMT
#785
Not sure whether to be glad or nervous that I was completely ignored on Zentor's list...
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 02 2012 19:21 GMT
#786
EBWOP: And what better way to make himself look townie than to claim cop. There's an open cop claim why hasn't mafia killed him? Maybe that's what they want us to think, though. WIFOM status. I'm just trying to make a point that he isn't confirmed until he flips, how is he confirmed to you?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 02 2012 19:24 GMT
#787
On September 03 2012 04:21 mkfuba07 wrote:
Not sure whether to be glad or nervous that I was completely ignored on Zentor's list...


He'd probably label you as shady. Apparently everyone who isn't dead is shady except marvel and the cop claim. Because faking a claim in a game where the "detectives" can't really detect is wayyyy too high level thinking for anyone to do.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
September 02 2012 19:24 GMT
#788
It doesn't matter if he is or isn't at this point.

Ghost is scum either way.
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
September 02 2012 19:27 GMT
#789
Hey Zentor, why am I scum again? Looking through your filter, I can't find a good reason, other than I voted to lynch my scumbuddy good friend guy I met at a coffee shop once known as StrongAndBig.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
September 02 2012 19:28 GMT
#790
Marv had a couple of points on me that I would like to address. brb
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
September 02 2012 19:28 GMT
#791
On September 03 2012 04:27 ghost_403 wrote:
Hey Zentor, why am I scum again? Looking through your filter, I can't find a good reason, other than I voted to lynch my scumbuddy good friend guy I met at a coffee shop once known as StrongAndBig.


lmfao
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
September 02 2012 19:35 GMT
#792
On September 02 2012 04:00 marvellosity wrote:
sigh mementoss. i think you do a decent analysis of ghost's post, although I don't lean as heavily scum as you do. More errors of logical thought.

Because I'm so self-centred, just look at the bit on me.

It went basically like - marv leaning town, especially because he's accusing strongandbig, but if s&b is town then marv moves the other way. Then the kicker - ghost votes strongandbig. So from a townie perspective he's thinking the same as me, but somehow I have to be correct to let this be townie? how does that add up?

so if strongandbig flips town, then logically speaking ghost is scummy, if his attitude towards me is consistent, right?


My bit on you was more based around the fact that you were one of the first people to immediately jump on the S+B bandwagon. Your post voting him was literally the first post after Hiro voted S+B. If S+B had been town, I would have been more suspicious of you, because to me, you were one of the people spearheading the vote, at least at the time. Does that answer your question?
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
September 02 2012 19:37 GMT
#793
Because the people voting for you were one of the following.
-confirmed town(2/4)
-blindly voting for you to save themselves(1/4)
-me

Isn't it a little strange that none of the mafia were voting for you, especially considering the possibility that they either knew or suspected that SnB was the traitor?

Why would mafia want to kill a traitor instead of you?
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 02 2012 19:42 GMT
#794
Why ghost is scum:

1) How he pressured Hapa for his vote on BM24. Any of you reading the thread know that I had a back and forth with him about it, and it's basically because it didn't seem his view was from a particularly townie mindset - remember ghost had BMB24 marked down as scum in his s/s, but was pressuring Hapa for voting for him? It doesn't add up.

2) He had a really weak vote on Mementoss. And he doesn't give an actual proper reason for his post until he's made several more posts in between.

On September 01 2012 08:36 ghost_403 wrote:
Alright, let's see what happened while I was gone.

For reference, MMToss' defense

So far, nothing has convinced me to take my vote off of MMToss. His defense against the people voting him amounted to "the people voting for me are lazy/stupid, oh and here's someone I think is scum". I really can't see a town player posting his defense in such a way.

By the way, Shady's not scum. See Newbie Mini Mafia XXV. He's not acting like that in this game at all.


At this stage, we don't even really know why ghost's vote is on Mementoss in the first place. There's a misplaced conviction. He finally gives reasons for the Mem lynch (which amounted to him rehashing a Mementoss post), probably when it dawns on him he can't just vote for no reason.

3) Mementoss picked up on ghost's long post and I followed up on it. There are things that don't make sense from a townie mindset, like where he voted s&b, but if s&b was town, I somehow got scummier (even though he was voting him too)

4) In that same post, he says this:

"Looks like S+B probably fakeclaimed miller. Ballsy play on his part. This pushes Hiro to town read, and confirms what I suspected on S+B."

Confirms what he suspected? How can it confirm something that was never really brought to the thread? :/ Earlier he said his play had been 'a bit off', and also:

On September 01 2012 03:49 ghost_403 wrote:
Still not quite sure of what I think of S+B. I haven't seen a scum player make a legit fakeclaim for a long time, so based on the metagame, I'm inclined to believe him when he claimed miller. However, you're right, his posts have been a little bit off. That's why I really want him to chime in on the MMToss situation.


All these points aren't massively strong by themselves, but added altogether I think it shows that ghost is scum.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 02 2012 19:47 GMT
#795
On September 03 2012 04:35 ghost_403 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2012 04:00 marvellosity wrote:
sigh mementoss. i think you do a decent analysis of ghost's post, although I don't lean as heavily scum as you do. More errors of logical thought.

Because I'm so self-centred, just look at the bit on me.

It went basically like - marv leaning town, especially because he's accusing strongandbig, but if s&b is town then marv moves the other way. Then the kicker - ghost votes strongandbig. So from a townie perspective he's thinking the same as me, but somehow I have to be correct to let this be townie? how does that add up?

so if strongandbig flips town, then logically speaking ghost is scummy, if his attitude towards me is consistent, right?


My bit on you was more based around the fact that you were one of the first people to immediately jump on the S+B bandwagon. Your post voting him was literally the first post after Hiro voted S+B. If S+B had been town, I would have been more suspicious of you, because to me, you were one of the people spearheading the vote, at least at the time. Does that answer your question?


but if there's a strong case on someone, then a good townie will help push it. that attitude fosters the idea that townies should never push for anything themselves, because if they're wrong, they're scummy. It's the people who just meander around things that are the scummy ones.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
September 02 2012 19:47 GMT
#796
In response to MMToss:

+ Show Spoiler +
This is the kind of post you make before you die. As of now it does nothing to help the game. It makes you look like your doing something, but really it's more confusing than anything to give your read on everyone in the whole game. None of his reads are really explained at all. This whole post screams scum to me, and I'm pretty surprised im the first person to mention it. As scum, you can pretty much put anyone in whatever category you want, to try and manipulate the views of others. You know the alignments of players, so he can distance himself from his scum team while looking like he's contributing. He also has all his basis covered for future mislynches.

This is not the kind of post you make before you die, it's the kind of post that you make when you want to exert your influence over the town while you're not around. Imagine if the bit with S+B hadn't happened. Instead, we would have had a lot of people fighting over whether or not we should be lynching into Node or Zentor. I didn't want that to happen, so I explicitly made my position on the matter clear while I was gone.

+ Show Spoiler +
Mementoss was the 2nd highest lynch yesterday so he's going to keep mentioning it so while everyone is still curious about it he can push for a second mislynch. He finds SnB scum, so lets kill him, if he flips town, Marv will most certainly be scum and we can mislynch him. Also Risen started the Palmar lynch, so lets lynch him! I'm not saying Marv and Risen are definitely town. What I am saying is ghost is clearly keeping his options open without really giving any helpful information or committing to any options, so if he switches wagons, he can refer to this post and say , well yeah I mentioned it here.

Shady Sands made a similar comment about how I was setting up a mislynch on MMToss after Palmar. Newsflash, people. If I think you are scum, and someone else gets lynched, I'm still going to try to lynch you. I don't see "my lynch attempt failed" as an indicator that I'm wrong, so come the next day, I'm going to try it again. I'm stupidly stubborn.

Also, he completely missed the reason that I though Risen was scum. Risen is not playing to his meta. Based on my own time constraints, I didn't have time to write out to the thread exactly why I believed that. I was putting it out there and hoping someone else would take the time to decide if I was right or wrong.

+ Show Spoiler +
I will bold the parts where ghost puts blame onto other people for the lynch yesterday or downplays the intelligence of others, to try and re-enforce what a good and noble townie he is. When yesterday he did nothing to help the lynch or help find scum, yet alone even make a case.

Day 1, a lot of those people lynched a townie. I make no apologies for calling them out on it.

Thing I will apologize for is swearing at Shady Sands. I should not have gotten so wrapped up in this game, and Shady, I'm sorry about that.

+ Show Spoiler +
Additionally, another thing he does to make himself look like good old useful townie ghost is take credit for things that never happened. Such as the last line of the post, "confirms what I suspected on S+B." when in reality, ghost never mentioned SnB in his whole filter as a scum possibility. He is now doing the same thing yesterday, jumping on the lynch wagon after it starts to gain a bit of steam.

Reading the thread at the time, some of the things that S+B just looked kind of wrong. I didn't have time to put my finger on exactly what it was, or write up a proper case. It was just a gut feeling, that something about his play wasn't lining up with how a miller should play. Before I had a chance to really look into it, HiroPro comes bursting into the thread, and I thought to myself, "boy, that seems obvious".

If anyone's really interested in me responding to Shady's point-by-point analysis, I'll consider it, but I doubt that it will be a good use of my time.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
September 02 2012 19:51 GMT
#797
Sigh, some many responses to make. First things first:

(1) Marv, where did I pressure Hapa to vote for BMB?

(2) The reason for my vote was very similar to the case that, I believe it was Hiro? made at the time. Hiro beat me to it, I felt no reason to rehash what someone else had already said.

(3) Think I explained that.

(4) Explained that in my later post.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 02 2012 19:52 GMT
#798
yes, your defence against Mmtoss covers some of my points.

to 1) I meant that you were pressuring hapa FOR voting BMB24, someone you were at the time thinking might be scum. Sense makes does not to.

2) is called unaccountable bandwagoning.

So who do YOU want to lynch?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
September 02 2012 19:57 GMT
#799
@MrZentor: You're making the situation look a lot more black and white than it actually is. In order to switch to me, mafia would have to move one vote off of S+B to even it up. At this point, S+B will still be lynched. They would need a second vote in order to get me lynched. Not looking like such a good trade anymore, now is it?

@Marv: That's a good question. I've been busy responding to everyone since I got back, so I haven't had time to really look into it. That comes next.

Risen still seems off to me, and I need to put some time into reading his filter in order to figure out what's going on with him.

MrZentor seems to have had a sudden burst of cleverness that's not sitting too well with me. I don't know what to make of that.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 02 2012 20:00 GMT
#800
Hiro/hopeless/fuba, what do you make of ghost?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 52 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O134
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 522
ZZZero.O 134
Hyun 104
soO 52
Dota 2
qojqva2280
monkeys_forever227
League of Legends
Doublelift3496
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4537
Liquid`Hasu591
Other Games
summit1g11065
FrodaN1507
KnowMe287
Livibee187
JimRising 163
ViBE1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick721
StarCraft 2
angryscii 38
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• Adnapsc2 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra748
Other Games
• imaqtpie1017
• Shiphtur683
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h
Patches Events
17h
BSL Open Qualifier
21h
BSL Open Qualifier
21h
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.