• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:08
CEST 05:08
KST 12:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8755 users

Liar Game Mini Mafia - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 90 Next
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 21:47 GMT
#261
Look, I'm not getting into a pissing contest with either of you guys. I have a read. You think it's dumb. THANKS! LET'S MOVE ON BRO!
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
April 30 2012 21:50 GMT
#262
Apparently you don't understand the difference between scumhunting and being loose with your reads.

Even if I were scum, telling me that you think I am in PMs is pretty pointless and would only serve to weaken your own read if you were town.

If you're town and expect to scumhunt this way don't get your hopes too high in regard to actually catching scum.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 30 2012 21:52 GMT
#263
On May 01 2012 06:47 VisceraEyes wrote:
Look, I'm not getting into a pissing contest with either of you guys. I have a read. You think it's dumb. THANKS! LET'S MOVE ON BRO!


I've been drinking beer all day.

Let's do this.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Motbob is great
Profile Joined April 2012
Wales28 Posts
April 30 2012 21:54 GMT
#264
As much as I'd like to continue with this thoroughly stimulating discussion I need to go back to class.

Ace you seem to have a handle on this situation, don't let Palmar run this into the ground.
Sir Motbob is the finest gentleman who ever lived (and I have his permission to make this smurf)
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 30 2012 21:57 GMT
#265
Aye aye Captain!

*salutes*
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 21:58 GMT
#266
I wanna learn how to scumhunt without peoples' reads! X(

I still new at this
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
April 30 2012 21:59 GMT
#267
On May 01 2012 06:58 VisceraEyes wrote:
I wanna learn how to scumhunt without peoples' reads! X(

I still new at this


Thou shall empty your mind and look at each post objectively, find the hidden connections between them, or the lack of aforementioned.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 22:13 GMT
#268
Oh look, by golly it's like 4 or 5 hours til deadline and we've wasted all of Phase A talking about a plan that's not in effect and doesn't help us find scum! ^^

Kalloh Kallay!

If anyone wants to discuss their reads, my inbox is open. I'm done "prying" for my part.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
April 30 2012 22:26 GMT
#269
On May 01 2012 07:13 VisceraEyes wrote:
Oh look, by golly it's like 4 or 5 hours til deadline and we've wasted all of Phase A talking about a plan that's not in effect and doesn't help us find scum! ^^

Kalloh Kallay!

If anyone wants to discuss their reads, my inbox is open. I'm done "prying" for my part.


Welcome to Day 1 of every new or involved setup. Go read any PYP game. None of this has been wasted.

Palmar, I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I sent in my Yes a while ago. I also think it likely that the 'no's will end up in the majority.

It's been stated several times that having relatively equal M/M ratios is optimal for town. This is due to town being able to both ensure that townies don't go unvoted, and that scummy players get lynched. It's far harder to control Round B if we have 17v1.

I also agree with Foolishness' read on Chaoser. I think I'll just sheep people who have the time to actually play properly

On May 01 2012 06:17 Katina wrote:
Palmar thinks his whole "I'm the King, bow down and listen to me" plan is helping then that's pretty scummy or just bad town. It has brought nothing but a distraction to the thread. Everyone has been completely diverted by this plan of giving him all the power. All the time could have been spent looking for the Mafia instead of arguing that "Plan".

It would be ideal for the Mafia to cause this sort of distraction so they can easily hide under the attention that has been directed onto Palmar. In order to make a clear decision when vote time comes around the town needs to start building cases against possible Mafia and not getting sidetracked by such silliness.


Please begin spending your time looking for mafia. Please start building cases against possible mafia. If not you then who?

On May 01 2012 06:08 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 06:06 chaoser wrote:
lol...palmar's reads are basically, anyone who agrees whole heartly with that I'm saying is town. People who oppose it are mafia.


chill dawg, remember him and Scumfield said that Palmar has an obscenely good Town radar. Game probably over by page 13 if we're lucky.


I think I like wrongfield or badfield better.

How come I have no motivation for Day 1 anymore? You've got the answers, so answer me that Ace.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
April 30 2012 22:41 GMT
#270
On April 30 2012 13:11 Cephiro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2012 13:00 gonzaw wrote:
One thing I was thinking is, for instance to scumhunt normally this round, and have EVERYBODY claim what their answer will be in the thread (YES or NO)
We force the "scummy" players to vote for the mayority, and the most townie ones vote for the minority to save them from Round B.


And how would that be useful? As nice as it would to believe people will vote for something co-operatively in a game of this size, it just won't happen. If you somehow manage to gather and confirm all townies, and ensure they vote in a certain pattern, that still enables scum to do whatever they want, and even if they outed themselves, they may still be able to get in the minority constantly. It's just not gonna work in a game where votes are hidden until the results. (Where it will be obvious who voted for what)

I'm not expecting to see gamebreaking strategies (especially ensuring as making them work flawlessly is quite hard), so please concentrate on finding the scum instead of trying to come up with some epic plan. And don't get greedy. If we find someone that we are sure to be scum, then do everything possible to get that person killed or lynched. If we try to get greedy and be smartasses and try to lynch three scum at once, it'll most likely bite ourselves in the ass.

Regarding PMs... anyone can PM me and say/ask anything they want, but I promise nothing to no-one as of yet
.



Why are you writing things that are blatantly obvious? Of course if we find scum we will do what we can to lynch them. Of course you don't have to promise anything to anyone.

I haven't played with you before, but so far it seems like your writing things just for the sake of writing them.



Also, to everyone talking about how scum will just blatantly hop onto the minority side of any plan, that's silly. The whole goal of the game is to figure out who the mafia are. Honestly, killing mafia is not going to be a problem.

Imagine this, Protactinum publicly proclaims all the members of one team. Do you honestly think we'll struggle to get them killed? It might not happen all at once, but they'd be dead pretty quick.

Likewise, if we all co-operate and form a list of likely townies, then put said townies on into the minority, scum are unable to just cross the line en masse. Townies should have no fear of getting lynched. Even if you are worried about being on the chopping block, it's far better for the town as a whole for you to just vote with the majority and try to defend yourself instead of jumping to the minority. Jumping ship only ensures that you will waste our vig shots. Shots we will undoubtedly need.

We're a team, lets act like one. The problem with having so many experienced players is that everyone wants to measure their penis, and no one wants to back down.

I guarantee this game is designed to punish poor play. Over-reliance on voting schemes, mass claims, comparing role names, role=alignment, low activity, refusal to co-operate, etc. That doesn't mean none of those things can be helpful, we simply need to keep it in mind.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
April 30 2012 22:44 GMT
#271
Also, I'm probably not going to use PMs much. If you want to ask me a question, then ask it in thread. If you specifically want to talk via PM about something, then PM me.

At best I'm going to bounce around reads with a few people in private, but my time is too limited for much else.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 30 2012 22:44 GMT
#272
How are we going to put people into the minority Scumfield?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
April 30 2012 22:45 GMT
#273
I <3 Radfield...why can't Radfield be King?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 30 2012 22:48 GMT
#274
Okay, huge post coming up, people be sure to post your opinions on it and shit.
Also:

Can we get a filter list? It's almost impossible to search the filter of some players
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 30 2012 22:50 GMT
#275
Can somebody explain how we put players into the minority? I'm having a hard time figuring this somewhat important detail to world domination out.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 30 2012 22:52 GMT
#276
I'll explain it (or at least how I think we should do it).

I mostly comes down to cooperation. Townies should cooperate, agree with the plan and sacrifice their vote and opportunity to be in the minority for the greater good.
Just like in the manga people need to sacrifice their opportunity to earn profits to work together and save everybody.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 30 2012 22:53 GMT
#277
Ok. How do we sacrifice our vote if they are hidden until later?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 30 2012 22:54 GMT
#278
Like I said in the beginning: publicly posting what you vote, and sticking to it.
How you should vote will be determined after the "virtual deadline" is set, I'll explain more thoroughly in that post I'm making
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
April 30 2012 22:56 GMT
#279
I'm very unsure about what's going on and why we're not going with the Palmogisfield-plan. Most of this has just been people not wanting to cooperate and I'm very unsure why. I'm pretty sure we could find a couple people that most everybody wouldn't vote for day1 and it only makes sense to throw them into the minority for more information (and hopefully better odds) in round B.

Ace is doing his usual and very useless "you can't have any reads on day1" thing. Then he's like "I'm just going to be an asshole no matter what you do" which is equally useless. All Ace can do day1 is yell at other people for having bad reads.

I kinda like Mr. Wiggles but I don't exactly know why. I also like Foolishness and Palmogisfield. I don't have any scum reads.

I feel like you're all speaking in russian. I'm looking forward to round B because then I'll have five votes like the rest of you that I can use however I want.

Dunno.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
April 30 2012 22:56 GMT
#280
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 01 2012 07:41 Radfield wrote:
Also, to everyone talking about how scum will just blatantly hop onto the minority side of any plan, that's silly. The whole goal of the game is to figure out who the mafia are. Honestly, killing mafia is not going to be a problem.

Imagine this, Protactinum publicly proclaims all the members of one team. Do you honestly think we'll struggle to get them killed? It might not happen all at once, but they'd be dead pretty quick.

Likewise, if we all co-operate and form a list of likely townies, then put said townies on into the minority, scum are unable to just cross the line en masse. Townies should have no fear of getting lynched. Even if you are worried about being on the chopping block, it's far better for the town as a whole for you to just vote with the majority and try to defend yourself instead of jumping to the minority. Jumping ship only ensures that you will waste our vig shots. Shots we will undoubtedly need.

We're a team, lets act like one. The problem with having so many experienced players is that everyone wants to measure their penis, and no one wants to back down.

I guarantee this game is designed to punish poor play. Over-reliance on voting schemes, mass claims, comparing role names, role=alignment, low activity, refusal to co-operate, etc. That doesn't mean none of those things can be helpful, we simply need to keep it in mind.


You should never take killing mafia for granted. The more mistakes you make, the harder it becomes. That's why I wrote what I wrote as a reminder, I've seen such happen way too many times.

On May 01 2012 07:41 Radfield wrote:
Why are you writing things that are blatantly obvious?


Could be said about your post also. Fact is, what someone considers obvious may not be obvious to everyone. It's better to bring it out and make sure everyone gets it, rather than assume everyone knows.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10181
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King98
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 52m
INu's Battles
8h 52m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 52m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 52m
Replay Cast
19h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.