• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9437 users

The Sum of All Fears Mafia - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 59 Next
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-26 23:27:08
March 26 2012 22:00 GMT
#101
Day One

[image loading]

The scientists moved about, unaware of the spy satellite watching them directly above. Their ignorance was quite fortuitous- the men were already burdened enough with knowledge of their renegade status and forthcoming fortune; in the field of nuclear engineering, momentary lapse of attention could spell disaster.

Within next few hours, one more nuclear bomb would join the ranks of approximately ten thousand active nuclear warheads unannounced. It would go on to spark crisis not known since the Cuban Missile Crisis, and - should not the terrorists be caught in time - cause unprecedented damage...


If for some reason you have not received your role, please PM me.

It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours to cast your votes. Remember that vote with incorrect format may not be counted, this is no PM setup, and no editing.

The deadline ends at March 29 2012 07:00 KST, which is 22:00 GMT (+00:00) your time-zone.


Edit: Somebody made observers QT for this game so you can PM me for one if you desire. Note those in observer QT will be ineligible for the replacement.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
March 26 2012 22:09 GMT
#102
We can post now, right?

Hi people! I'm MrZentors!

I have never posted first, so I have no idea what to do.
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 26 2012 22:17 GMT
#103
Cool guys, am I really one of the only "vets" in this game?

ATTENTION SCUM! IT WILL BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO PUT ME ON THE BACK FOOT IMMEDIATELY! IF YOU ATTEMPT TO HIDE I WILL FIND YOU!


That being said, I'm in favor of lynching a lurker if we can't find a good scum candidate (fat chance) and I'm not in favor of lynching "liars". Lynching is for killing scum, not for punishing "bad play".

"But VE, isn't lynching a lurker the same thing as lynching to punish bad play?"

No kind sir, lurking isn't just bad play...lurking is a very viable strategy that scum often employ to hide.

For my part, I'll be keeping my eye on C_C and to a lesser extent BH due to them being among the only names I recognize as players who have played more than like 2 games here. This is one of the first games I've played where the average experience level is so low...so I'm probably not going to be on the offensive as much this game...but I make no guarantees.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
March 26 2012 22:21 GMT
#104
On March 27 2012 07:17 VisceraEyes wrote:
Cool guys, am I really one of the only "vets" in this game?

ATTENTION SCUM! IT WILL BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO PUT ME ON THE BACK FOOT IMMEDIATELY! IF YOU ATTEMPT TO HIDE I WILL FIND YOU!


That being said, I'm in favor of lynching a lurker if we can't find a good scum candidate (fat chance) and I'm not in favor of lynching "liars". Lynching is for killing scum, not for punishing "bad play".

"But VE, isn't lynching a lurker the same thing as lynching to punish bad play?"

No kind sir, lurking isn't just bad play...lurking is a very viable strategy that scum often employ to hide.

For my part, I'll be keeping my eye on C_C and to a lesser extent BH due to them being among the only names I recognize as players who have played more than like 2 games here. This is one of the first games I've played where the average experience level is so low...so I'm probably not going to be on the offensive as much this game...but I make no guarantees.


I agree that lynching lurkers should be a last option, but I think whether we lynch the liar or not should really rely on the situation.
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
March 26 2012 22:29 GMT
#105
[B]On March 27 2012 07:17 VisceraEyes wrote: Lynching is for killing scum, not for punishing "bad play".


Why'd you want to lynch me in C9++ first day then?!?
Hypocrite! He's obviously scum! Lynch him!!!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 26 2012 22:39 GMT
#106
That didn't come with a vote so I'm assuming you're joking Jdub. If you weren't, please kindly place your vote so I can respond appropriately. Thank you for your cooperation.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
March 26 2012 22:41 GMT
#107
[image loading]
Alright boys, lets do this.

On March 27 2012 07:17 VisceraEyes wrote:

ATTENTION SCUM! IT WILL BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO PUT ME ON THE BACK FOOT IMMEDIATELY! IF YOU ATTEMPT TO HIDE I WILL FIND YOU!

Something about this seems suss. Compensating for some sort of guilt perhaps?
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 26 2012 22:43 GMT
#108
Perhaps. Perhaps not. I noticed that you didn't give an opinion one way or the other C_C, is there a reason you don't want to commit to a stance?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
March 26 2012 22:43 GMT
#109
Hi CC ! At school bbl

Policy lynch is teh sux
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
March 26 2012 22:44 GMT
#110
On March 27 2012 07:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Perhaps. Perhaps not. I noticed that you didn't give an opinion one way or the other C_C, is there a reason you don't want to commit to a stance?

like you would make a stance 2 posts in a game, VE?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 26 2012 22:48 GMT
#111
Quick to jump in there with the defense Jdub. Noted. But I'll thank you to let C_C answer for himself in the future sir. He's capable of answering simple questions himself.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
March 26 2012 22:49 GMT
#112
On March 27 2012 07:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Perhaps. Perhaps not. I noticed that you didn't give an opinion one way or the other C_C, is there a reason you don't want to commit to a stance?


As town, it's hard to stay with a solid stance. Games change, and ultimately these little things never seem to come up anyway. As mafia, having a solid stance and sticking with it is basically a free pass.
Ultimately, 'lurking' and 'lying' are only a fraction of a persons play.

However, if it's a stance you want:
In my experience, the moment you bother lynching the lurkers is the moment you know mafia are in control of the game, especially if it's done sooner.
If we can conclusively prove someone was lying, that person should be suspect in the first place, and automatically be rated higher than lurkers.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
March 26 2012 22:51 GMT
#113
On March 27 2012 07:43 EchelonTee wrote:
Hi CC ! At school bbl

Policy lynch is teh sux

Howdy :D

On March 27 2012 07:44 johnnywup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2012 07:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Perhaps. Perhaps not. I noticed that you didn't give an opinion one way or the other C_C, is there a reason you don't want to commit to a stance?

like you would make a stance 2 posts in a game, VE?

1) Why are you defending me? Buddy up much?
2) if you're going to make a stance, do it sooner rather than later.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 26 2012 22:53 GMT
#114
On March 27 2012 07:49 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2012 07:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Perhaps. Perhaps not. I noticed that you didn't give an opinion one way or the other C_C, is there a reason you don't want to commit to a stance?


As town, it's hard to stay with a solid stance. Games change, and ultimately these little things never seem to come up anyway. As mafia, having a solid stance and sticking with it is basically a free pass.
Ultimately, 'lurking' and 'lying' are only a fraction of a persons play.

However, if it's a stance you want:
In my experience, the moment you bother lynching the lurkers is the moment you know mafia are in control of the game, especially if it's done sooner.
If we can conclusively prove someone was lying, that person should be suspect in the first place, and automatically be rated higher than lurkers.


/salute

I was really referring to your underhanded accusation of my first post, but I appreciate your opinions on the matters I brought up earlier.

I kinda disagree on the bolded statement though. While it's harder to catch scum who have conviction in their posts, the fact of the matter is that they have to fake-scumhunt...so if someone is so adamant about their opinions, it will become clear pretty quickly if it's based on actual reasoning or if it's just a show.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
March 26 2012 22:53 GMT
#115
Just seems weird when there's no actual content to work with to make a judgement other than a tone of writing.

Not defending anyone, more of asking why he would expect anyone to take a stance so early.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
March 26 2012 23:04 GMT
#116
Tone is everything Johnny! calling for stances isn't weird. I think you're weird mr. wup ^^
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
March 26 2012 23:07 GMT
#117
Hurray the game has started. Excited to be playing again.

I'm somewhat in favor of lynching liars because as it is a closed setup I'm guessing that it gives mafia more wiggle room to make up fake claims and such.

VE, could you explain why you said
On March 27 2012 07:17 VisceraEyes wrote:
That being said, I'm in favor of lynching a lurker if we can't find a good scum candidate (fat chance) and I'm not in favor of lynching "liars". Lynching is for killing scum, not for punishing "bad play".


I don't think lying falls into bad play if that is what you are saying. People don't accidentally lie that often if at all. They make perhaps poor judgements and logical fallacies but within their "logic" they adhere to the "truth" - shouldn't any inconsistencies be scrutinized and seen as suspicious?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 26 2012 23:14 GMT
#118
Yes, lying is situational and obviously we need to scrutinze any inconsistencies we find...but lynching by policy anyone found to have been untruthful about anything? Not today sir. Not ever as far as I'm concerned. If someone is scummy because they lied, they should be scummy for other reasons. If someone's lying is the only thing that makes them "scummy", then I'm not on-board with a lynch of said person. That's what I meant by "I'm not in favor of lynching "liars". Policy lynches, on the whole, are a bad idea and allow scum to control the lynch.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
March 26 2012 23:19 GMT
#119
Blabla no lynch bad blahblah

In sch post mre ltr
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
March 26 2012 23:21 GMT
#120
Yay game starts, but just as am going to bed .

If my humble opinion means anything, I think lying and lurking are just two of many factors to consider when deciding on town's best lynch.

I am finding this setup really difficult to get my head around (not on the mechanics, just how to play optimally and scumhunt accordingly). I'll have some more precise questions in the morning.

TTFN
'better still, a satisfied man'
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 59 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings99
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE149
SpeCial 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 24
Sharp 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever547
NeuroSwarm199
League of Legends
Doublelift4146
Counter-Strike
taco 370
Other Games
summit1g6929
JimRising 467
C9.Mang0357
ToD93
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV174
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP84
• poizon28 30
• davetesta24
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra544
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 51m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
15h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.