• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:50
CEST 06:50
KST 13:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7858 users

The Sum of All Fears Mafia - Page 29

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 59 Next
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
March 29 2012 04:56 GMT
#561
On March 29 2012 13:54 Blazinghand wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

On March 29 2012 13:50 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2012 16:32 Blazinghand wrote:
ET: I'll examine C_C after I finish writing up and posting the case. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

VE mentioned C_C that time
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 10:13 Blazinghand wrote:
Good evening gents! I'm currently putting together a 4-course meal today.
On the prix fixe menu today:

Amuse Bouche
cccalf

Entree
JW

Plats Principaux
ET
CC

Desserts
Voting someone



might've been me that time but u never posted anything about me after that, unless i missed it


In the former, I wasn't making a case on you.

In the latter, I was considering analyzing your posting, but did not. You'll note I didn't post anything about VE in the latter case either until he went mad with power.


ah ic. i wasn't accusing you of anything fyi, just wondering if you were mixing up our abbreviations.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
cccalf
Profile Joined August 2010
United States47 Posts
March 29 2012 09:19 GMT
#562
I understand that given my D1 lack of involvement that I am #1 on the town's "people to kill" list. Furthermore the ninja vote for C_C, who turned out to be innocent, certainly didn't make me look like a great guy. It was just following the bare minimums of the rules, which looks bad, but I swear this was due to RL time constraints.

Now that I have had time to do some investigating, I am certain that I'm not the only one with a really bad feeling about VE. He ran a hard "lynch C_C" campaign on D1.

On March 28 2012 15:14 VisceraEyes wrote:
Attention Non-Voters: Cyber_Cheese is the most pro-town, green imbuing lynch of the day. If you want to have lots and lots of town-cred, and be free of suspicion forever, Cyber_Cheese is the lynch candidate for you! No activity? No problem! Stop by and place your vote TODAY!


Turns out 12/14 voted incorrectly, but VE isn't bothered by it.
On March 29 2012 07:10 VisceraEyes wrote:
I don't regret killing him. I just wish he'd been more helpful.


He later changes his tone, but only slightly.
On March 29 2012 13:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
Sorry for being a bully guys, I'll try to stop. I make no guarantees.
I'm taking a look at the C_C wagon. At the very least 2 and probably more scum are on the wagon.


I know that I'm already a prime target, so I don't think I'm losing a friend by bringing this up, and certainly not hurting the town. VE ran a pretty vicious witch hunt, and will probably do the same again.
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
March 29 2012 09:51 GMT
#563
VE who are you considering voting for today? After the campaign yesterday that is what I am most interested in hearing about today.
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
March 29 2012 10:53 GMT
#564
On March 29 2012 12:08 EchelonTee wrote:
sloosh where u @? i need more ppl i recognize T_T

its 6am and my group is still working on a project T.T. I'll try to catch up and post tomorrow (or rather, this afternoon) after I've gotten some sleep and find some free time.

But yea there is no sense in holding back analysis and staying hush hush at night - I don't get why people would do that. Let's not waste time guys. Post!
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
March 29 2012 12:51 GMT
#565
On March 29 2012 18:19 cccalf wrote:
I understand that given my D1 lack of involvement that I am #1 on the town's "people to kill" list. Furthermore the ninja vote for C_C, who turned out to be innocent, certainly didn't make me look like a great guy. It was just following the bare minimums of the rules, which looks bad, but I swear this was due to RL time constraints.


Had you even read the thread by that point? Why did you vote him and not another one?
Generally when one makes a placeholder vote, you make it on yourself or on a random person, which clearly wasn't the case.
What were your reasons for voting C_C? Just because he had the majority?
If so, can't you see how bad that is?

Now that I have had time to do some investigating, I am certain that I'm not the only one with a really bad feeling about VE. He ran a hard "lynch C_C" campaign on D1.

Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 15:14 VisceraEyes wrote:
Attention Non-Voters: Cyber_Cheese is the most pro-town, green imbuing lynch of the day. If you want to have lots and lots of town-cred, and be free of suspicion forever, Cyber_Cheese is the lynch candidate for you! No activity? No problem! Stop by and place your vote TODAY!


Turns out 12/14 voted incorrectly, but VE isn't bothered by it.
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 07:10 VisceraEyes wrote:
I don't regret killing him. I just wish he'd been more helpful.


He later changes his tone, but only slightly.
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 13:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
Sorry for being a bully guys, I'll try to stop. I make no guarantees.
I'm taking a look at the C_C wagon. At the very least 2 and probably more scum are on the wagon.


I know that I'm already a prime target, so I don't think I'm losing a friend by bringing this up, and certainly not hurting the town. VE ran a pretty vicious witch hunt, and will probably do the same again.


So what do you think about other players and cases against other players? What do you think about my case against Blue and Zentor?

Final question: Why shouldn't a vig just shoot you tonight? You need to become way more active and contribute more than this if you want to even help us. You've already skated by 1 whole cycle, we can't allow you to do the same on D2.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 29 2012 12:59 GMT
#566
By the way, 3C, in case you haven't figured it out: you're already dead. If there's a vigi in this game, barring some horrible/lucky roleblock, he's already PMed the host and you're going to be shot at daybreak.

Between now and dawn, you have easily enough time to write some analysis and post it, or do something to help town before you're pushing up daisies. If you are town, this is what you need to do.

Your time left is limited. Use it to help town. If you're scum, well, then you might as well be silent, since you're dead anyways. Or you could take a gamble and hope that there aren't any vigis in a 10/4 closed setup.

Your call. But if by some stretch of logic, you're town, do what CC couldn't and be useful before you bite the dust.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 29 2012 13:02 GMT
#567
"damn BH you getting all harshies on trip c"

No, you're wrong, it is he who has been harsh on us with his travesty of a filter.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
zelblade
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia901 Posts
March 29 2012 13:47 GMT
#568
C_C couldnt you at least have stopped trolling and stuff with your venn digrams and crap....

Also Im really sorry but some stuff came up today so I wont be able to post much (This is a one-time thing, wont happen again... I think).

ccalf, you still busy? Not done with your RL constraints yet?

I still dont think bluelightz is scum but I guess I will take a closer look tomorrow when I have more time. I didnt like froggy's posting earlier, though I need to take a look at his filter.
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
March 29 2012 15:15 GMT
#569
People should stop talking to C_C, he's out of the game.

Am in class until an hour before deadline so hopefully will post my thoughts just before in case I yet again die N1.

@ BH: What should we do should if we don't have any Vigs? I feel like there are juicier scum targets than him. I guess he'll have 48hrs to defend himself.
'better still, a satisfied man'
froggynoddy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom452 Posts
March 29 2012 15:23 GMT
#570
EBWOP: by him I mean 3C
'better still, a satisfied man'
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
March 29 2012 16:25 GMT
#571
On March 29 2012 21:51 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2012 18:19 cccalf wrote:
I understand that given my D1 lack of involvement that I am #1 on the town's "people to kill" list. Furthermore the ninja vote for C_C, who turned out to be innocent, certainly didn't make me look like a great guy. It was just following the bare minimums of the rules, which looks bad, but I swear this was due to RL time constraints.


Had you even read the thread by that point? Why did you vote him and not another one?
Generally when one makes a placeholder vote, you make it on yourself or on a random person, which clearly wasn't the case.
What were your reasons for voting C_C? Just because he had the majority?
If so, can't you see how bad that is?

Show nested quote +
Now that I have had time to do some investigating, I am certain that I'm not the only one with a really bad feeling about VE. He ran a hard "lynch C_C" campaign on D1.

On March 28 2012 15:14 VisceraEyes wrote:
Attention Non-Voters: Cyber_Cheese is the most pro-town, green imbuing lynch of the day. If you want to have lots and lots of town-cred, and be free of suspicion forever, Cyber_Cheese is the lynch candidate for you! No activity? No problem! Stop by and place your vote TODAY!


Turns out 12/14 voted incorrectly, but VE isn't bothered by it.
On March 29 2012 07:10 VisceraEyes wrote:
I don't regret killing him. I just wish he'd been more helpful.


He later changes his tone, but only slightly.
On March 29 2012 13:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
Sorry for being a bully guys, I'll try to stop. I make no guarantees.
I'm taking a look at the C_C wagon. At the very least 2 and probably more scum are on the wagon.


I know that I'm already a prime target, so I don't think I'm losing a friend by bringing this up, and certainly not hurting the town. VE ran a pretty vicious witch hunt, and will probably do the same again.


So what do you think about other players and cases against other players? What do you think about my case against Blue and Zentor?

Final question: Why shouldn't a vig just shoot you tonight? You need to become way more active and contribute more than this if you want to even help us. You've already skated by 1 whole cycle, we can't allow you to do the same on D2.


What case against me?

I wasn't aware of this injustice!
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 29 2012 16:50 GMT
#572
On March 30 2012 00:15 froggynoddy wrote:
People should stop talking to C_C, he's out of the game.

Am in class until an hour before deadline so hopefully will post my thoughts just before in case I yet again die N1.

@ BH: What should we do should if we don't have any Vigs? I feel like there are juicier scum targets than him. I guess he'll have 48hrs to defend himself.



If right now D2 were coming to an end, my vote would be on 3C. I suspect he will post a great deal between now and the end of D2, though.

He better.

In the first game I played here on TL, Student Mafia, we made the mistake of having a day entirely without discussion since we thought a guy was "for sure" scum. It was an overwhelming wagon, and there was little to no discussion. We managed to recover from such an unproductive day, but we were lucky. Lynching someone without discussion, without dissent, is dangerous.

A day without discussion is a day that's bad for the town. Assuming that 3C isn't killed tonight, he is not "automatically" the lynch tomorrow. There are a number of things that should happen in the next 48 hours:

1) Some counter wagons should get started. People should formulate cases and try to scumhunt and lynch scum. This will help generate evidence and keep the town discussion going.
2) 3C will become more active, and post reads and push cases. If during Day 2 he does not do this, he will certainly be lynched. He can't really "defend" himself since he didn't do anything Day 1. Regardless of the truth of the matter, he'll say "Sorry, I was busy." Statements like that are completely meaningless to me, because that is what scum or town would say. The only defense he can make is to be an asset to the town.
3) Both #1 and #2 will generate discussion. 3C is not an autolynch tomorrow.

I do not believe in autolynches.

I believe in arguing and finding the truth via discussion. Should I come to believe 3C is town (and I do not currently believe this to be the case), I will argue to defend him even if I am the only one doing so. The only thing that matters is that town players be fearless, perceptive, and willing to discuss and argue. It is for this reason that I found VE's terror tactics abhorrent and it is for this reason that I will argue my cases and push my reads regardless of what people say about me.

It is the only way to play and find Truth.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 29 2012 16:51 GMT
#573
I can assure you that your time should be better spent on people other than me c^3. Site meta dictates that I'll probably be shot tonight, and common sense says that you'll probably be shot tonight. Any time spent analyzing whether or not I was maliciously manipulating town yesterday is likely completely wasted.

Just FYI

Do something useful.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 29 2012 16:56 GMT
#574
I'm absolutely certain you won't eat a vig bullet tonight VE. The difference between you and 3C is that a 3C lynch would have some serious issues generating the sort of discussion that's useful for finding scumleads. The case on him currently is "this guy is literally lurking as hard as possible without being modkilled" which doesn't lead to a good wagon discussion. The case on you is more complex and will force people into camps.

A D2 in which we discuss a VE lynch (or really any lynch but a 3C lynch) is a D2 that generates tons of evidence, with a chance of lynching scum. A D2 in which we discuss a 3C lynch does not generate nearly as much evidence (at least, not so far, given 3C's filter).

This could change if 3C steps up his game, but as it stands, a reasonable vigi who suspects both VE and 3C of being scum would shoot 3C.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
March 29 2012 16:59 GMT
#575
On March 30 2012 01:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
I can assure you that your time should be better spent on people other than me c^3. Site meta dictates that I'll probably be shot tonight, and common sense says that you'll probably be shot tonight. Any time spent analyzing whether or not I was maliciously manipulating town yesterday is likely completely wasted.

Just FYI

Do something useful.

Why is such discussion / analysis wasted? How can you be so sure you will get shot, and if you are why aren't you spending the rest of this night fleshing out your reads?
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 29 2012 17:00 GMT
#576
On March 30 2012 01:59 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 01:51 VisceraEyes wrote:
I can assure you that your time should be better spent on people other than me c^3. Site meta dictates that I'll probably be shot tonight, and common sense says that you'll probably be shot tonight. Any time spent analyzing whether or not I was maliciously manipulating town yesterday is likely completely wasted.

Just FYI

Do something useful.

Why is such discussion / analysis wasted? How can you be so sure you will get shot, and if you are why aren't you spending the rest of this night fleshing out your reads?


Also this.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
March 29 2012 17:02 GMT
#577
On March 29 2012 22:47 zelblade wrote:
I still dont think bluelightz is scum but I guess I will take a closer look tomorrow when I have more time. I didnt like froggy's posting earlier, though I need to take a look at his filter.

Who is this addressing and why did you post this?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 29 2012 17:07 GMT
#578
I mean scum will likely kill me - because I'm one of the only "veterans" in the game.

And I've already said - my full thoughts are going to come closer to deadline.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 29 2012 17:08 GMT
#579
Although I find it very interesting BH that 'vigs' was the only option you considered when I said 'shot'...seems to me like if you were town the thought of scum shooting someone would be keenly on your mind.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
March 29 2012 17:09 GMT
#580
Rofl VE you're an utterly worthless townie with literally no credit. Why would scum shoot you?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 59 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
NeuroSwarm 190
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21118
Dewaltoss 158
Bale 48
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g12667
JimRising 808
Sick84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1344
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 28
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2108
League of Legends
• Lourlo1126
• Rush614
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 10m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 10m
Replay Cast
18h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.