• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:46
CEST 05:46
KST 12:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10140 users

Mr. Wiggles Mini Mafia II - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 49 Next All
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
March 01 2012 04:39 GMT
#141
On March 01 2012 13:33 Probulous wrote:
@Misder

I am not advocating analysing a lie. We all agree that lieing is scummy. That is all I meant by using it as a piece of data. Town should not lie unless they absolutely have to and have damn good reasons for it. If you do, it should be counted as evidence towards you being mafia. That is all, just another brick in the wall so to speak. Your case should stand on its own regardless of the lie. If the liar can't show why they did it and they looked scummy already then yes they should be lynched, but be aware that is not a policy lynch.


Again, go right ahead w/ your analysis. If you believe that you can tell if scum is lying about having good reasons or even that town had good reasons to lie, fine.
Whaaaa?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
March 01 2012 04:39 GMT
#142
On March 01 2012 13:28 Probulous wrote:
@Toast, did you read my response?


I have now :D

Pandain's point is valid none-the-less. We need to avoid getting sidetracked. That's all I was trying to say.

On March 01 2012 13:25 Bluelightz wrote:
@TheToast

What do you think about how we should deal with lurkers?


I would say why don't we wait for a few hours and see if we actually have any lurkers. And obvious scum should still be lynched first day one, if there are really no good candidates I would say then we should consider lynching a lurker. But in that case the lurker would be the best candidate, so I still say lynches need to be based on good analysis.

I reiterate: silly lynch rules really only benefit scum. Logical analysis first please.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 01 2012 04:51 GMT
#143
On March 01 2012 13:39 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 13:28 Probulous wrote:
@Toast, did you read my response?


I have now :D

Pandain's point is valid none-the-less. We need to avoid getting sidetracked. That's all I was trying to say.


See this bugs me. It is the same for Pandain. I am trying to get people to post. I am actively pushing the thread along as best I can. What exactly do we have to avoid here? We are not on a track. I agree with Sandroba that policy talk is useless but it was brought up and I responded to those that asked me questions. However both of you guys are saying that I am spamming the thread with useless information. When I respond with my reasoning, neither of you acknowledge it. Pandain then ignores it and suggests that because I took "so long" writing it, I am hiding something.

How do those things go together? Pandain calls me out for posting too much, but I am hiding something? Does anyone else find this strange?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
March 01 2012 05:05 GMT
#144
On March 01 2012 13:51 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 13:39 TheToast wrote:
On March 01 2012 13:28 Probulous wrote:
@Toast, did you read my response?


I have now :D

Pandain's point is valid none-the-less. We need to avoid getting sidetracked. That's all I was trying to say.


See this bugs me. It is the same for Pandain. I am trying to get people to post. I am actively pushing the thread along as best I can. What exactly do we have to avoid here? We are not on a track. I agree with Sandroba that policy talk is useless but it was brought up and I responded to those that asked me questions. However both of you guys are saying that I am spamming the thread with useless information. When I respond with my reasoning, neither of you acknowledge it. Pandain then ignores it and suggests that because I took "so long" writing it, I am hiding something.

How do those things go together? Pandain calls me out for posting too much, but I am hiding something? Does anyone else find this strange?


I wasn't trying to specifically call you out. See the first word in that bolded sentence? "WE" As in ALL of us, together, need to avoid getting side tracked. I'm also unsure how you get me accusing you of "spamming" from me saying we need to avoid getting side tracked.

And to be fair, you did start a side conversation with Misder. I don't know that constitutes "spamming", but it's not going to lead to posts that can provide good analysis one way or the other. Just saying.

I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 01 2012 05:15 GMT
#145
You said you agreed with Pandain, his accusation was that I am spamming. Hence you think I am spamming. What exactly are we getting sidetracked from? The only thing we can analyse is what people post. If people don't post, then we can't analyse. We don't have any defined targets, we have no direction, we have nothing right now.

As for Misder, I don't like policies, he did. We discussed it. We agreed to disagree. Problem? That is the only thing of substance in this thread so far.

Toast, I know you think logically. Do you find this post scummy?
On March 01 2012 12:57 Pandain wrote:
That took a long time to post. Are you hiding something?

"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
March 01 2012 05:24 GMT
#146
On March 01 2012 14:15 Probulous wrote:
You said you agreed with Pandain, his accusation was that I am spamming. Hence you think I am spamming. What exactly are we getting sidetracked from? The only thing we can analyse is what people post. If people don't post, then we can't analyse. We don't have any defined targets, we have no direction, we have nothing right now.

As for Misder, I don't like policies, he did. We discussed it. We agreed to disagree. Problem? That is the only thing of substance in this thread so far.

Toast, I know you think logically. Do you find this post scummy?
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 12:57 Pandain wrote:
That took a long time to post. Are you hiding something?



I wasn't trying to say you were spamming, I don't know why you are being so defensive about this. Pandain made a point about avoiding outside conversation in the thread, I agreed with that point. I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. So no, I don't have a problem with it.

And you're right, I do try to think logically. As such I don't think two posts by themselves are enough to prove anyone as scum.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 01 2012 05:33 GMT
#147
Fair enough. I don't like how he was insinuating that I had something to hide when I responded to his accusation of spamming. He didn't have an issue with my reasoning (apparently) but he did have an issue with how long I took to reply (10 minutes, though I was responding to Misder at the time). You're right it is not enough to call someone scum, but it is worth noting.

Well work is over, I'll see you guys tomorrow. Happy scum hunting!
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Paperscraps
Profile Joined March 2010
United States639 Posts
March 01 2012 05:35 GMT
#148
Hey everybody!

Just got home from school.

The Probulous spam makes me laugh.

I am cool with lynching all lurkers. Hopefully this will be an active game, so we don't have to resort to such measures. I am excited to play with a few more vets in this game, than my previous games.

Quality of posts > Quantity of posts
"Because in the end, the only way we can measure the significance of our own lives is by valuing the lives of others.” - David Gale
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
March 01 2012 06:01 GMT
#149
Well, Sorry I went blank for a while >< Had to turn of the computer ><

Anyway, I gotta go now :3, See you guys back when I reach home.

P.S Also hope to see more people post!
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
rgTheSchworz
Profile Joined November 2010
Romania425 Posts
March 01 2012 07:28 GMT
#150
On March 01 2012 13:02 sandroba wrote:
I'm kinda bore with Lynch all Liars/Lurkers talk. This game we shall try something new: Lynch whoever I tell you to lynch and win. It works wonders.


Your chances of surviving another night are now halved,sir.

Best way to start this is with a feeler vote, so
##Vote: Probulous

On March 01 2012 12:41 Probulous wrote:
Thanks for the reminder Adam. For reference

Player List:
1. Jackal58 - USA
2. Paperscraps - USA
3. Bluelightz - Indonesia
4. Probulous - Great Southern Land
5. Snarfs - Kanucksland
6. rgTheSchworz - Romania
7. Misder - Fairy Land AKA who the fucks knows
8. Pandain - USA
9. Palmar - Iceland
10. Sandroba - USA
11. TheToast - USA
12. Adam4167 - Land Down under
13. A Killer Cuppa Tea - Neighbours with Misder
14. deconduo - Ireland

This is what I have for countries based on profiles. Misder and Tea where are you boys based?


Arguing with Misder about lynching liars and lurkers is unproductive.
We all knew beforehand that most players were gonna be US-based, so why bother with a list?
Besides,duh, its in the profile, and we only have 14 players, not veery hard to remember.
This ,,friendly chat,, provides the opportunity for scum to blend in perfectly.They arent forced in any way to react scummy, and can just sheep the towniest around.Your spam, Probulous, doesnt inspire me, because indeed it is spam.If we are gonna discuss strategy, then let it be based on names, which we can hold accountable on further days.

If not, just vote between posting. A feeler vote D1 is absolutely justified,as long as you are willing to change who you are voting for once you have a strong suspicion.It provides pressure on normally presureless D1 s for scum.Waiting for scum to fuck up is lame, lets make em fuck up.

Ive randomed a purely awesome role this game.
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
March 01 2012 07:47 GMT
#151
On March 01 2012 16:28 rgTheSchworz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 13:02 sandroba wrote:
I'm kinda bore with Lynch all Liars/Lurkers talk. This game we shall try something new: Lynch whoever I tell you to lynch and win. It works wonders.


Your chances of surviving another night are now halved,sir.


Why is this?

Granted hes trolling, but I don't see why this statement would make anyone any more or less likely to kill him.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 01 2012 09:33 GMT
#152
yo guys, I rolled Vanilla Townie.

Also, I think sandroba's plan is actually excellent.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 01 2012 09:55 GMT
#153
like seriously, if sandroba or I turn out to be town, you should probably just do whatever we tell you to do.
Computer says mafia
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 01 2012 11:20 GMT
#154
On March 01 2012 18:55 Palmar wrote:
like seriously, if sandroba or I turn out to be town, you should probably just do whatever we tell you to do.


You roll scum this game Palmar? If you were town, you would know it. You wouldn't "turn out to be town".

@rg. Ok you have felt me. Honestly what is a feeler? Call me when you're serious.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 01 2012 11:27 GMT
#155
Do you think that's a valid question Probulous? Do you honestly think I would scumslip? The obvious (and correct) explanation was that I meant post-death. ie: if I get shot and flip, please re-read what I said and consider that I may have been right.

However, the fact that you jump on it is interesting to me, and why do you do it in such a soft way? Do you actually think that I might be scum because of this? Or are you just looking for an easy opportunity to discredit me?
Computer says mafia
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
March 01 2012 11:29 GMT
#156
OK, how are we meant to do whatever you tell us to do if you meant after your death?

Do you plan on communicating from beyond the grave?
A Killer Cuppa Tea
Profile Joined December 2011
97 Posts
March 01 2012 11:34 GMT
#157
On March 01 2012 12:41 Probulous wrote:
Thanks for the reminder Adam. For reference

Player List:
1. Jackal58    - USA
2. Paperscraps   - USA
3. Bluelightz   - Indonesia
4. Probulous   - Great Southern Land
5. Snarfs   - Kanucksland
6. rgTheSchworz   - Romania
7. Misder - Fairy Land AKA who the fucks knows
8. Pandain - USA
9. Palmar - Iceland
10. Sandroba - USA
11. TheToast - USA
12. Adam4167 - Land Down under
13. A Killer Cuppa Tea - Neighbours with Misder
14. deconduo   - Ireland

This is what I have for countries based on profiles. Misder and Tea where are you boys based?


I'm from the UK. I'm also preeeeeetty fucking hungover right now. Drank way too much last night. 

As for policy talk, it's not only non-productive, it's also potentially harming in that it may help scum figure out how we scum hunt and use that information against us. If you have your own personal "policies", sure, but don't lynch based purely on them. 

In fact, the only policy that i am even willing to discuss is "Always Lynch/NoLynch is Bad (except in MYLO). 

Finally, Vote: Probulus
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
March 01 2012 11:34 GMT
#158
I know you're just going to reiterate what you already said 'please reread what i said and consider that i may have been right'

But doesn't that just go without saying? Isn't that what everyone does when a townie flips? consider that they may have been right
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 01 2012 11:35 GMT
#159
That's dumb.

No, what I mean is that for some reason it's still a viable strategy for mafia on TL to shoot good townies because the derp townies will ignore what the good townies had to say once the good townies are dead, and pursue their own bad ideas. What I am suggesting for this game is that whenever a townie, especially a recognizable good town player like myself or sandroba, flips, people go back and re-read their suspicions and concerns.

Mafia needs to not be able to get away with just killing the people who happen to be right, and then relying on the rest just being wrong and derping their way to a loss.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 01 2012 11:38 GMT
#160
On March 01 2012 20:34 Adam4167 wrote:
I know you're just going to reiterate what you already said 'please reread what i said and consider that i may have been right'

But doesn't that just go without saying? Isn't that what everyone does when a townie flips? consider that they may have been right


That's what should happen, not what usually actually happens. Remember xlviii where syllogism the vigilante flipped and it was basically certain that he tried to shoot annul (the mafia who claimed taking a hit) during the night. I read syllo's posts and saw that he was most likely correct about annul, however rest of town simply ignored the case, and syllo wasn't alive to help me push it.

Honestly, the most help I got that game in support of my theory that syllo was right was from sandroba (the scum) who felt that he had to agree to me because disagreeing was so dumb that it'd give him away. Thankfully for mafia, the rest of town WERE THAT DUMB, and the game imploded.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings52
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 172
PiLiPiLi 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3544
ViBE136
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Counter-Strike
taco 585
Other Games
summit1g7057
JimRising 590
WinterStarcraft471
C9.Mang0281
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1033
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP115
• davetesta29
• practicex 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1120
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 15m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.