• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:28
CEST 04:28
KST 11:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6082 users

Newbie Mini Mafia IV - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 56 Next
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
February 28 2012 01:16 GMT
#421
OOOOOH, I read that wrong. I read it as you were going to make sure he had not hacked the mafiaQT. Not that you could confirm that he did not.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Alderan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States463 Posts
February 28 2012 01:20 GMT
#422
On February 28 2012 10:14 DoYouHas wrote:
It is possible Qatol is WIFOMing the crap out of us with, "I'll also confirm that he has not hacked the mafia QT." But otherwise he just confirmed FF as town.


I see... I don't like to get into that kind of stuff, and urge the rest of you not to either.

Task at hand, lynch, 1:45 minutes.

3 options in my mind are:
Chocolate
igadob
Steveling

I think a good compromise between my last post and the people on igadob/ We vote Steveling, we're killing a lurker that we don't know, and he's voting with the others that I find suspicious.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
February 28 2012 01:21 GMT
#423
Moving on then,

Gumshoe, I think we might be in extraordinary enough circumstances to go for a no-lynch today. With at least 2 people being replaced/modkilled and possibly 3(FourFace). We are in a pretty bad place to be deciding our lynch, especially when 2/4 of the people we are considering lynching are among the ones being replaced/killed. I just don't think we should take the chance of a mislynch, a modkill, and a night hit leaving us 3 townies down at the start of day2.

My opinion, igabod or no-lynch.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Alderan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States463 Posts
February 28 2012 01:21 GMT
#424
Thoughts?
Alderan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States463 Posts
February 28 2012 01:26 GMT
#425
Is gum around? It's going to take mine and his votes as it stands now to get the majority.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
February 28 2012 01:27 GMT
#426
I just referenced gum because he was the hardest opposed to a no-lynch and said earlier that it would take extraordinary circumstances to get him to change that view.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 28 2012 01:32 GMT
#427
On February 28 2012 10:20 Alderan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 10:14 DoYouHas wrote:
It is possible Qatol is WIFOMing the crap out of us with, "I'll also confirm that he has not hacked the mafia QT." But otherwise he just confirmed FF as town.


I see... I don't like to get into that kind of stuff, and urge the rest of you not to either.

Task at hand, lynch, 1:45 minutes.

3 options in my mind are:
Chocolate
igadob
Steveling

I think a good compromise between my last post and the people on igadob/ We vote Steveling, we're killing a lurker that we don't know, and he's voting with the others that I find suspicious.

I would be ok with Steveling personally. To me, there's not much reason to vote for one over the other, my only concern is that there's not enough time to get enough votes on Steve to actually lynch. As it is, we seem to be at a deadlock between Chocolate and igabod.

DYH, I'm sure at least one replacement will be found, so I don't think that we're in any danger of two people dying here. The only difference is that if we lynch Steve, the replacement would be for igabod, where if we lynch igabod the replacement would be for Steve.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 28 2012 01:33 GMT
#428
Remind me again, why are we voting for igabod?
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
February 28 2012 01:41 GMT
#429
This may have already occurred to you, but I don't trust Alderan atm. That is why I pick igabod for a lurker lynch over Steveling. If you don't want to policy lynch a lurker, I suggest we move towards a no-lynch.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 28 2012 01:41 GMT
#430
On February 28 2012 10:33 ghost_403 wrote:
Remind me again, why are we voting for igabod?

Because he's not posting at all, which isn't a pro-town thing to do.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 28 2012 01:44 GMT
#431
@doyouhas Understandable, and a good answer. What are your thoughts on the ghost/chocolate thing going on at the moment? (To say this lynch is chocolate/igabod isn't quite accurate IMO.)
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
February 28 2012 01:57 GMT
#432
On February 28 2012 10:44 ghost_403 wrote:
@doyouhas Understandable, and a good answer. What are your thoughts on the ghost/chocolate thing going on at the moment? (To say this lynch is chocolate/igabod isn't quite accurate IMO.)


I think you and Chocolate were both picked on because you were easy targets. I have null reads for both of you atm. I am not willing to vote you day 1 but you had better believe I will be scrutinizing both of you.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Alderan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States463 Posts
February 28 2012 01:59 GMT
#433
On February 28 2012 10:41 DoYouHas wrote:
This may have already occurred to you, but I don't trust Alderan atm. That is why I pick igabod for a lurker lynch over Steveling. If you don't want to policy lynch a lurker, I suggest we move towards a no-lynch.


This should be good.






We need to decide here shortly though regardless, and my vote is going to be crucial. If your plan to no lynch is assuming a modkill then it is inherently flawed and we shouldn't do it.

I would still like to lynch Steveling rather than igadob, and potentially Chocolate ahead of igadob.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 28 2012 02:03 GMT
#434
You see, this is how I see it.

We could vote to lynch Igabod. That's not even really a bad idea. He's been lurking hardcore. Kinda scummy if you ask me. And I don't like scummy. However, his flip doesn't tell us anything. Maybe, we'll get lucky and lynch a scum. Odds are about, what, 28%? You can do worse than that.

Other option: You lynch either me or chocolate. I think it's pretty well established, one of the two of us is scum. If whoever gets lynched flips red, awesome! Lynched a scum! If not, guess who the first person on the chopping block is tomorrow. The guy who wasn't lynched. Either way, going into day 3, the town is down one scum.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
February 28 2012 02:06 GMT
#435
Why do you think that one of you has to be scum Ghost?

Alderan, my proposal for a no-lynch isn't assuming a modkill. It is because we have practically no information on 2/3rds of our lynch candidates (I don't think Ghost can be lynched now). Which is not a good place to be making a lynch decision from.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Alderan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States463 Posts
February 28 2012 02:08 GMT
#436
DoYouHas believes that you are both town so he's not going to buy it. Which is why I say we lynch Steve, who currently has a vote cast (not on Chocolate). It is not definitive evidence but it gives us at least some additional information. If we're going to lynch a lurker he's the only one that makes sense.

The important thing to remember is we're not lynching this person because of fear that they will continue to lurk, because they will be replaced (if igadob votes last minute we lynch him tomorrow). We are voting because we are going into tomorrow with 0 reads about those players where we have a days worth on others, and all of the current cases could be excused by noob/aggressive town.
JekyllAndHyde
Profile Joined February 2012
42 Posts
February 28 2012 02:13 GMT
#437
Okay people I'm back.

First of all, I don't like this swing vote towards Steve. PEOPLE DON'T SWITCH VOTES AT THE LAST MINUTE.
Alderan, if you are town please don't. If there's a last minute switch to steve and he flips town, then this whole day would be worthless and it would be your fault, so just no.

I don't think lynching igabod is a good answer either.

Think about it, if igabod is "modkilled", then he'll be replaced. Hopefully his replacement will be active, and we can figure out if he's scum or not.
If there won't be a replacement, then igabod will be modkilled and flip anyways.

In 1, it's better to wait and analyse his replacement, in 2 he'll die anyway.


I don't really want a choco lynch right now to be honest either. Maybe it's gut feeling like I do in the obs qt all the time, but the tone of his post don't seem at all like the tone from his last game where he was scum. He strikes me as kind of spontaneous at the moment, so right now I'm not liking his lynch either.

Considering that, I don't think a NL is that bad. Specially since scum can decide who to switch for at the last minute (either an igabod lynch or a Choco lynch), which would be justified by us townies if we say "We need a lynch at all costs".

So no, let's NL, let's wait for replacements/modkills, and analyse this better next day/night.

Also, consider if both Choco/igabod are town, we lynch choco and igabod gets modkilled, it means we lose 2 townies right now, and may reach Day 2 MYLO if a vig shoots wrong.

Tomorrow/tonight, I say we pressure the replacements (or Steve/igabod if they are not replaced/modkilled), and the other hydra guy who didn't seem to post much at the time.


I don't like sloosh's attitude either, I think he would push his reads further if he was town, or at least contribute more.

@sloosh, what are your other thoughts on the game? Do you have any other reads other than on Chocolate?
Your vote on him was a "preliminary" one, so what will be your final vote?

As for ghost. I'm not convinced yet, but he could be scum (considering how my reads have been these past few games >_>). Either way he's not getting lynched right now, barring another last-minute switch, which I'm against.
I'd prefer to pressure other people though.


Anyways, I'm gonna eat, be here when the deadline hits and then go to sleep.
Shit I really don't have much time this game
Why do I have to start a game the day I start uni?


Also, dreamflower allowed me to delete/edit that last post I made in the gonzaw account, just a heads up

/Hyde
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
February 28 2012 02:14 GMT
#438
On February 28 2012 11:03 ghost_403 wrote:
You see, this is how I see it.

We could vote to lynch Igabod. That's not even really a bad idea. He's been lurking hardcore. Kinda scummy if you ask me. And I don't like scummy. However, his flip doesn't tell us anything. Maybe, we'll get lucky and lynch a scum. Odds are about, what, 28%? You can do worse than that.

Other option: You lynch either me or chocolate. I think it's pretty well established, one of the two of us is scum. If whoever gets lynched flips red, awesome! Lynched a scum! If not, guess who the first person on the chopping block is tomorrow. The guy who wasn't lynched. Either way, going into day 3, the town is down one scum.

I don't think we are necessarily on different teams. In fact, I'm reasonably sure we are both town since if I get lynched, I will flip green. If you were mafia you wouldn't say this, knowing I'm town, because you are setting up your own lynch. So if I do get lynched and am green I wouldn't say you are mafia.

Have to go to bed in 10min, should I go igabod, steve, or other?
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
February 28 2012 02:16 GMT
#439
On February 28 2012 10:26 Alderan wrote:
Is gum around? It's going to take mine and his votes as it stands now to get the majority.


I'm here watcha need boss.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 28 2012 02:18 GMT
#440
On February 28 2012 07:09 Alderan wrote:
@Steveling have you been actively pursuing getting a replacement or no?

@Chocolate aside from igabod who are you thinking is appearing scummy? Are you really getting a null read on everyone?

To anyone who cares, I don't think Ghost_403 is that suspicious anymore. I realized that it is more likely that either Ghost or Chocolate are scum, Chocolate strikes me as someone riding the middle and keeping his head down.


That's why.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings102
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft339
ByuN 255
RuFF_SC2 152
ViBE79
CosmosSc2 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2321
GuemChi 1374
Artosis 649
Sharp 166
910 57
MaD[AoV]19
Bale 18
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
monkeys_forever373
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 741
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox711
Other Games
summit1g8827
Day[9].tv792
JimRising 609
C9.Mang0423
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick805
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
• EnkiAlexander 51
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo291
Other Games
• Day9tv792
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 32m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.