• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8922 users

Responsibility Mafia! - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 66 Next
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 20 2011 09:51 GMT
#201
On December 20 2011 18:33 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 16:14 bumatlarge wrote:
Chez, you have to be careful, if Ver invited you, you can bet he specifically laid out traps for particular styles of play. We need think outside the box in order to counter his methods. Serious.

I'm accusing the hydra of provoking chez. There is no reason to ask such a stupid question. Stop asking stupid questions.

What does this even mean? The theme is to punish bad play, not to punish weird play and how do we "think outside the box to counter his methods"? Not making sense is bad play, will you take responsibility?

I believe you are wrong. Ver is not one to try and eliminate bad play... That is something Ace strives to do.. Ver is much different. He can't stand weird play. Your know why? He is a psychotic behavioral analysis.. a mad genius at that! One thing that keeps him analyzing in vicious circles is weird play. When he can't read someone... .... ... I can't say.. . but trust me! He is here to rig the game to kill the crazies and the weirdos and outcasts! He wants control! He wants to be able to turn us into "upperclass" citizen who speak eloquently and civilly discuss our analysis! He doesn't want drama! What is mafia without drama?!!?1 NOT FUN!!! He would rather me in silence with a few quiet posts hidden in the shadows than for be the yell through the streets my mad thoughts...

Well, the box is broken and so is everything inside.. We are doom, DOOMED!!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 20 2011 09:52 GMT
#202
On December 20 2011 18:51 SamuelLJackson wrote:
I don't understand why Chezinu would come in and basically claim Traitor. The move makes no sense as a Townie gamble since you destroy your own credibility and put yourself at risk of being lynched or vigged.

I know that he's Chezinu but I think he actually is the Traitor. Kind of like how he basically claimed SK day 1 in LSB's Merc Mini Mafia. Either way the onus is on him to either post real content or face the lynch.

I'm not too familiar with bum's play since every game I've been in with him we've been scum together so I ignore his posts but does he have a penchant for useless posting? I vaguely remember him getting lynched as Town in Personality for posting like crap.


muhahaha, guess what?

I'm not the traitor.. I was phishing. and I caughts some mafias.. Seems like some people didn't click the smiley face!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 20 2011 09:55 GMT
#203
Don't you understand the mafia know all of the blue roles.. What better plan that sacrifice a mafia member to clear the mines and traps! One man willing to give his life for his family. He triggered every single mechanism.. he is a hero at large!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
SamuelLJackson
Profile Joined December 2011
223 Posts
December 20 2011 09:56 GMT
#204
Phishing for what? What possible use could you claiming Traitor do? You breadcrumbed everything that was in the OP that is already public knowledge. The only real use is to get Mafia to blow their guess but is that really worth the obvious detrimental state doing so would leave both the thread and yourself if you were Town?
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 20 2011 09:56 GMT
#205
On December 20 2011 18:51 SamuelLJackson wrote:
I don't understand why Chezinu would come in and basically claim Traitor. The move makes no sense as a Townie gamble since you destroy your own credibility and put yourself at risk of being lynched or vigged.

I know that he's Chezinu but I think he actually is the Traitor. Kind of like how he basically claimed SK day 1 in LSB's Merc Mini Mafia. Either way the onus is on him to either post real content or face the lynch.

I'm not too familiar with bum's play since every game I've been in with him we've been scum together so I ignore his posts but does he have a penchant for useless posting? I vaguely remember him getting lynched as Town in Personality for posting like crap.

Is this Curu? Tag your posts. I've a hard time believing that you actually think chezinu couldn't do that regardless of his alignment. Oh no Chezinu may destroy his credibility!!
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 20 2011 09:59 GMT
#206
On December 20 2011 18:56 SamuelLJackson wrote:
Phishing for what? What possible use could you claiming Traitor do? You breadcrumbed everything that was in the OP that is already public knowledge. The only real use is to get Mafia to blow their guess but is that really worth the obvious detrimental state doing so would leave both the thread and yourself if you were Town?

To answer YES! A day comes and goes. All will be forgotten but they guess will go away!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
December 20 2011 09:59 GMT
#207
On December 20 2011 18:35 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 18:33 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
PALM-AIR.
It's day 1, what else would you like him to currently say?


There's plenty of things that can be prodded already in the thread.


Like what, exactly? Also, please don't post one liners. They inflate the thread size and make it tedious to read through content later.

RE: RNG

RNG doesn't force people to make a move one way or another and provides less information regarding people's inclinations than having someone pick a metric for a day 1 play to be made. The "shoot the inactive" metric was the standard when games were substantially larger, people talked less, and the metric itself was generally not held onto, just used as a prod to get people talking. As far as I'm concerned, RNG just cedes the first day's information content unless someone with a particularly interesting role gets selected.

Please tell me how a random target provides more information than one who we can pick? It seems like by definition that RNG eliminates at least one layer of information: the choice. And there's no real benefit to the tradeoff in terms of preventing someone from hiding their kill attempt: If someone wants to get someone in particular put under the gun, they can fake a RNG call to make them the presumed target.

If there's anything pro-town about the RNG plan its that it removes any fear to assigning a presumption of lynch to start discussion off. I don't see why there isn't a better metric to use than 'none' for that purpose. And even then, it doesn't seem like the attempt actually fostered the discussion you're saying it would, but maybe that's because the current RNG specified target hasn't been around in the thread. Either way, it seems like an empty placeholder topic. The previous placeholder topic, inactivity, served a practical purpose. I fail to see what reliable benefit comes from this one.

So, the obvious question becomes which metric SHOULD we use. This is the question that RNG ends up proposing because it runs on the assumption that a) A lynch is better than no-lynch (I agree, in general) and b) that discussion surrounding the RNG could lead to a better target. I agree with a), but think that b) implies that we focus ourselves on determining a characteristic which outperforms RNG. This is why I think the plan is stupid; because IT ISN'T ONE. I'm super exhausted, but I'll think up some criteria for a day 1 lynch tomorrow.

RE: The hydra

I have no idea what/who this is, but I think I happened across it twice reading the thread. Is this someone's nickname? I haven't kept up with the last few (months of) games, so hook a brother up.

RE: Me

Sleep time. Peace!

RE: Post formatting

This is a very handy format and will make it easier to zip through pages to find discussions on a certain topic. Feel free to use it. Not sure how well it'll work when quoted, though.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
SamuelLJackson
Profile Joined December 2011
223 Posts
December 20 2011 10:04 GMT
#208
Yes it is.

Chezinu played just fine as Town in Personality, enough to make him a night 1 shot. IIRC he was playing fine in Closed Casket as Town as well.

The one game I remember him nonstop trolling and posting nothing but nonsense was LSB's game where he was 3rd party SK and claimed it day 1. Yeah it's early in day 1 and most people haven't even posted yet which is why I said if this is just some random nonsensical idea from him as Town then the onus is on him to start actually playing the game.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 20 2011 10:13 GMT
#209
is this sandroba or curu?
Computer says mafia
SamuelLJackson
Profile Joined December 2011
223 Posts
December 20 2011 10:14 GMT
#210
All Curu. I guess we'll start signing posts.

/Curu
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 20 2011 10:15 GMT
#211
On December 20 2011 19:04 SamuelLJackson wrote:
Yes it is.

Chezinu played just fine as Town in Personality, enough to make him a night 1 shot. IIRC he was playing fine in Closed Casket as Town as well.

The one game I remember him nonstop trolling and posting nothing but nonsense was LSB's game where he was 3rd party SK and claimed it day 1. Yeah it's early in day 1 and most people haven't even posted yet which is why I said if this is just some random nonsensical idea from him as Town then the onus is on him to start actually playing the game.

Listen Jack,

Town doesn't know the roles. Mafia does. What does this mean? If you have a crazy role to play, the mafia knows this. The town doesn't. However! There are some black roles out there and quite a few.. them mafia don't know about them except for that traitor other there. Here we are day 1 and it is so dark you might as well call it night and its going to be a long night for many of us are going to die.

It bound to come up. Role claiming. As much as I would love to claim a bank, I'm not. If people claim blue the mafia can spot lying townies. or lying blues claiming to be other blues.. oh wait.. thats a great idea! How about I act like a blue role claiming to be a different blue role to make the mafia think I'm a green or black claiming blue? yeah thats good. Ok guys. I got the nazi role.. if your grammar is so bad, I cna kills yous! But watch out, if you correct someone's grammar in the thread. There may be a role that is hunting them grammar nazis.. Ver is trying to turn us into professionals. Its his secret plan. so type dull proper structured formal long writings guys! oh and don't forget to have fun adhering to these rules to avoid certain deaths.. but don't forget you still have to deal with the lynches.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 20 2011 10:16 GMT
#212
That makes this significantly less scummy...

And yes, please sign your posts. I'm not sure I understand Chez's traitor claim (and to be fair he did include that picture linked in his smiley, although I have no idea what that's supposed to mean) but I don't think it says much about his alignment at the moment.

@VisceraEyes, do you think policy lynching Chezinu is the way forward this game? If so, why?
Computer says mafia
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
December 20 2011 10:51 GMT
#213
Confirmed.
Policy lynch on Chezinu is dumb idea. He grows on you. Give it time to get used to him.
Just woke up. I'll catch up if there's anything to catch up too at work.
Player list reminds me of my first game here!
Life can only kill you once.
SamuelLJackson
Profile Joined December 2011
223 Posts
December 20 2011 11:23 GMT
#214
Checking in. Going to sleep right now and will post after I wake up. Hopefully by then you one of you guys will have a brilliant idea and the discussion can move on to something productive. This is a good roster so no one is safe from day 1 lynch due to being "good". Beware, I'm coming for you.
/sandroba
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
December 20 2011 12:02 GMT
#215
alright, ima a bit drunkl and tired but im tfoo dam exited to start this game so im posing thjs from my phone before i go to sleep

i want too hear from veryone about lchezinu, prplhz and dumatlarge. mostly the last two bc they obviously started out reallyyy badly with that random vote trash...let's RNG by picking the one player who is a hydra! cause thats definitely random right...

also id really appreciate it if someone van tell me who L is and how he plays. i heard hes good but i love meta so someone pile it on! lsb too i played withhim in zones game but he got ai k or something and didnt do anything. how sad.

other than that i think i know almost everyone here? i heard chez is wack and he has proven it already! yippy. i honestly laughed like 5 time web i tried reading his last post an nlne of it made aense to me roclll

it was like looking into the mind of a loony or something hahaha.so trippay. loony or scum idk yet but jes funny as fuck

yea so it's like 4 am ima pass put now before i wake up and my head explodes maybe you euros can discuss while i do the sleepy?

pc all and have a good night
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 20 2011 12:15 GMT
#216
This post is more funny if you assume WBG has a thick Indian accent.
Computer says mafia
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
December 20 2011 12:38 GMT
#217
[QUOTE]On December 20 2011 18:59 L wrote:
[QUOTE]On December 20 2011 18:35 Palmar wrote:
[QUOTE]On December 20 2011 18:33 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
RE: The hydra
I have no idea what/who this is, but I think I happened across it twice reading the thread. Is this someone's nickname? I haven't kept up with the last few (months of) games, so hook a brother up.
[/QUOTE]
A hydra is an account shared by two players, in this case SamuelLJackson shared by Curu and Sandroba. They are, of course the ideal target for a day one lynch! As they have the issue of being extremely difficult to read, because of the two heads.

##Vote: SamuelLJackson

Also, as much as I love Chezinu, is anyone up for either policy lynching him or teaching me how the hell you get a grasp on his alignment? I enjoy his insanity, but its hardly conducive to figuring out his alignment.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
December 20 2011 12:39 GMT
#218
quote fail.
Lets try again

On December 20 2011 18:59 L wrote:
RE: The hydra
I have no idea what/who this is, but I think I happened across it twice reading the thread. Is this someone's nickname? I haven't kept up with the last few (months of) games, so hook a brother up.


A hydra is an account shared by two players, in this case SamuelLJackson shared by Curu and Sandroba. They are, of course the ideal target for a day one lynch! As they have the issue of being extremely difficult to read, because of the two heads.

##Vote: SamuelLJackson

Also, as much as I love Chezinu, is anyone up for either policy lynching him or teaching me how the hell you get a grasp on his alignment? I enjoy his insanity, but its hardly conducive to figuring out his alignment.
Moderator
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 20 2011 12:45 GMT
#219
That's really stupid, how does that make him harder to read, especially if they tag their posts as instructed. Not like that is a good reason for lynching someone even if that was the case. GM do you think it's harder to read chezinu or the hydra? If the answer is chezinu, why are you voting to lynch the hydra
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
December 20 2011 13:00 GMT
#220
On December 20 2011 21:39 GMarshal wrote:
quote fail.
Lets try again

Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 18:59 L wrote:
RE: The hydra
I have no idea what/who this is, but I think I happened across it twice reading the thread. Is this someone's nickname? I haven't kept up with the last few (months of) games, so hook a brother up.


A hydra is an account shared by two players, in this case SamuelLJackson shared by Curu and Sandroba. They are, of course the ideal target for a day one lynch! As they have the issue of being extremely difficult to read, because of the two heads.

##Vote: SamuelLJackson

Also, as much as I love Chezinu, is anyone up for either policy lynching him or teaching me how the hell you get a grasp on his alignment? I enjoy his insanity, but its hardly conducive to figuring out his alignment.

Just pretend you're reading Dr. Seuss on acid when you read Chez's posts. They won't make anymore sense but they become much more entertaining.
Life can only kill you once.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 340
Hyuk 197
Hyun 89
Shinee 64
Hm[arnc] 55
ZergMaN 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g8459
WinterStarcraft525
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick785
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1387
• Lourlo1005
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 43m
INu's Battles
4h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 43m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 43m
Replay Cast
15h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.