• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:06
CEST 15:06
KST 22:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11785 users

Responsibility Mafia! - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 66 Next
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 20 2011 06:02 GMT
#181
@chaoser Blatantly bating? I am not impressed. My experience tells me that scum are more likely to do that than town.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 20 2011 06:04 GMT
#182
On December 20 2011 14:54 prplhz wrote:
Hey look, I RNG'd VisceraEyes!

##Vote VisceraEyes

@bumatlarge

I have a hard time making sense of this post. First, I think it is badly worded. Next, what the hell are "responsibility points"? Why did you get some for proposing RNG while VisceraEyes got some for saying that he doesn't understand the point of RNG? Why are you blindly setup speculating about a Captain Obvious role, and what would he have to do with these responsibility points? What are responsibility points used for?

How much is "a tiny bit" compared to "very little"?

I also don't get this post. What did you trigger? Is there ever any point in being too anything? Are you Captain Tautology?

How did you try to start discussion?


I made up responsibility points. It's how far you go in specifically doing what Ver tells you is a bad idea. I figure "Making bad suggestions" earns me responsibility. Some mechanic might punish me later for it, but because I'm a real man, punishment is happiness. Asking a question, or taking a noob stance gives VE Responsibilty, albeit a different kind. I don't think it's necessarily bad to do, just something to note. And I guess making jokes earns me responsibility points as well now.

Jesus, I just made up the concept. I use the word arbitrary for a reason.

I'm referring to the mechanics of the game. I figure if you do something Ver considers "poor town play" or what not, you may trigger some mechanic or a role.

I didn't try, I did.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 20 2011 06:05 GMT
#183
I love you bumatlarge...May I join your family? You seem to know your way around this game as if you know what is going on.. Well, you have the men in black at your service. All you have to do is name him. [image loading]
lol, clueless in The Prism!
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 20 2011 06:09 GMT
#184
Well Chezinu, I know only one thing, and my knowledge stems from that. Death is lighter then a feather, and duty heavier then a mountain. I would appreciate if you figure out what drug prphlz is on.

On December 20 2011 15:02 prplhz wrote:
@chaoser Blatantly bating? I am not impressed. My experience tells me that scum are more likely to do that than town.


I think you need to calm down bro. We are an hour into the game. If I were to guess your role, it would have the word Paranoid in it. Another Responsibilty point for bumatlarge! Going places so you don't have to.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
December 20 2011 06:30 GMT
#185
Alright, straight off the bat people are saying that we need good posts.

No shit.

Not only is the concept of the game surrounding the idea that poor play will be punished, but there's also the notion that we've got relatively few players. in the game. 5 to 15 or so. This means that best case scenario, we can win day 5 through lynches alone, but that's a rather long timeframe to close out a game. So poor play seems to be some form of game accelerant, and the 'poorer' the play, the less in our favor it seems to be.

So! What do we do? Post with content and condense your points. Keep your short posts to yourself and clump them up to make substantive comments. I'd say that posts between 6 and 15 lines are large enough to be substantive, but short enough to be read. But that shit is obvious. There's a bigger question here, however, which is what we're going to do with the first vote.

RNG is probably the worst possible idea; gives us next to zero information regarding how people argue and its practically an excuse for people to not post anything because there's no element of responsibility attached to it. Either way, we're going to want ideas down on the table asap. And not like dicks, either. Cut it out bum/prplhz.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
SamuelLJackson
Profile Joined December 2011
223 Posts
December 20 2011 06:31 GMT
#186
Chezinu I wanna ask you something.

How would you feel about lynching the Traitor day 1?
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 20 2011 07:04 GMT
#187
On December 20 2011 15:31 SamuelLJackson wrote:
Chezinu I wanna ask you something.

How would you feel about lynching the Traitor day 1?

What do I feel? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
lol, clueless in The Prism!
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 20 2011 07:14 GMT
#188
Chez, you have to be careful, if Ver invited you, you can bet he specifically laid out traps for particular styles of play. We need think outside the box in order to counter his methods. Serious.

I'm accusing the hydra of provoking chez. There is no reason to ask such a stupid question. Stop asking stupid questions.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
December 20 2011 07:47 GMT
#189
/confirming my role however I will not be posting until I sober the F up. Just got home from a staff party and can barely organize coherent thought. Don't even know how long this took to write without errors.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 20 2011 08:30 GMT
#190
This became terrible fast.
Computer says mafia
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 20 2011 09:11 GMT
#191
On December 20 2011 15:30 L wrote:
Alright, straight off the bat people are saying that we need good posts.

No shit.

Not only is the concept of the game surrounding the idea that poor play will be punished, but there's also the notion that we've got relatively few players. in the game. 5 to 15 or so. This means that best case scenario, we can win day 5 through lynches alone, but that's a rather long timeframe to close out a game. So poor play seems to be some form of game accelerant, and the 'poorer' the play, the less in our favor it seems to be.

So! What do we do? Post with content and condense your points. Keep your short posts to yourself and clump them up to make substantive comments. I'd say that posts between 6 and 15 lines are large enough to be substantive, but short enough to be read. But that shit is obvious. There's a bigger question here, however, which is what we're going to do with the first vote.

RNG is probably the worst possible idea; gives us next to zero information regarding how people argue and its practically an excuse for people to not post anything because there's no element of responsibility attached to it. Either way, we're going to want ideas down on the table asap. And not like dicks, either. Cut it out bum/prplhz.

Meh, I assumed the RNG thing was just to randomly create something to work with D1 and wasn't serious. Every non retarded person knows very few people will actually RNG it and there is no way a mafia candidate would get support and lynched using RNG.

So now that I have wasting my time talking about that for some reason, how have you been L? Remember that time you spoiled the entire ending to death note for me?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 20 2011 09:13 GMT
#192
On December 20 2011 14:09 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 14:01 VisceraEyes wrote:
I tried to get a straight answer from Ace about this in the game I played with him, but he was...not willing to play with me. What good does an RNG vote do for town? Honestly, if we all decide that's how we start off, no one is going to be dumb enough to try and derail the lynch if it happens to land on scum, so really, what information can possibly be gained? I'm serious, this has been bugging me ever since that game because he flipped town and I don't understand the motivation.


Why wouldn't you be serious? RNG is when there is an impasse in the first day votes, and when there is no "no-lynch" option. I'm sure just mentioning RNG first nets me some responsibilty points.

That's pretty good. From now on, all talk about someone provoking what Ver has warned us about has an arbitrary amount of "Responsibility". I have a tiny bit of Responsibility at the moment. I think for asking such a question VE, regardless of your true intentions, also nets you some responsibility. I think RoL has very responisibity at the moment, unless there is a Captain Obvious role.

The obvious is only obvious when someone points it out, if no one does than I guarantee we will see some people not realize ver hates retarded people and then realize this set up is likely devised to punish stupidity.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 20 2011 09:18 GMT
#193
On December 20 2011 18:13 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2011 14:09 bumatlarge wrote:
On December 20 2011 14:01 VisceraEyes wrote:
I tried to get a straight answer from Ace about this in the game I played with him, but he was...not willing to play with me. What good does an RNG vote do for town? Honestly, if we all decide that's how we start off, no one is going to be dumb enough to try and derail the lynch if it happens to land on scum, so really, what information can possibly be gained? I'm serious, this has been bugging me ever since that game because he flipped town and I don't understand the motivation.


Why wouldn't you be serious? RNG is when there is an impasse in the first day votes, and when there is no "no-lynch" option. I'm sure just mentioning RNG first nets me some responsibilty points.

That's pretty good. From now on, all talk about someone provoking what Ver has warned us about has an arbitrary amount of "Responsibility". I have a tiny bit of Responsibility at the moment. I think for asking such a question VE, regardless of your true intentions, also nets you some responsibility. I think RoL has very responisibity at the moment, unless there is a Captain Obvious role.

The obvious is only obvious when someone points it out, if no one does than I guarantee we will see some people not realize ver hates retarded people and then realize this set up is likely devised to punish stupidity.

You don't even know how many times I've gotten PMs from Ver telling me to play sanely.. This game isn't about finding the mafia.. It's about rebelling against Ver. That's why I had pregame votes to become mayor. You have to fight system!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 20 2011 09:29 GMT
#194
Honestly, if this is the quality of posting we can expect all game, is anyone with me on a Chezinu lynch?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 20 2011 09:30 GMT
#195
The RNG thing is actually mad pro-town, because it both creates discussion, and if for some reason people actually random a target and start voting it'll inevitably create a great argument, which is probably going to be much more productive than the standard "deflect onto a lurker" play on day 1.

L's opening post is so shitty. It's like the recipe for a bad opening post.

step 1: Speculate about the setup

step 2: Discuss posting policy

step 3: Shoot down an easily shot down idea

step 4: Tell people to behave.

The best part, there's actually nothing in it that will in any way help move the game forward. I'm not familiar with L's play, and maybe he isn't aware that everyone in this game is kinda good-ish maybe.
Computer says mafia
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 20 2011 09:33 GMT
#196
PALM-AIR.
It's day 1, what else would you like him to currently say?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
December 20 2011 09:33 GMT
#197
On December 20 2011 16:14 bumatlarge wrote:
Chez, you have to be careful, if Ver invited you, you can bet he specifically laid out traps for particular styles of play. We need think outside the box in order to counter his methods. Serious.

I'm accusing the hydra of provoking chez. There is no reason to ask such a stupid question. Stop asking stupid questions.

What does this even mean? The theme is to punish bad play, not to punish weird play and how do we "think outside the box to counter his methods"? Not making sense is bad play, will you take responsibility?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 20 2011 09:35 GMT
#198
On December 20 2011 18:33 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
PALM-AIR.
It's day 1, what else would you like him to currently say?


There's plenty of things that can be prodded already in the thread.
Computer says mafia
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 20 2011 09:45 GMT
#199
On December 20 2011 18:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
Honestly, if this is the quality of posting we can expect all game, is anyone with me on a Chezinu lynch?


You right... I can't stray from my play in order to live by the rules of Ver! I MUST BE STRONG! I MUST BE BROWN!! I shall continue my play style... To do so.. I will have to take responsibility.. even if that means death.... For Freedom!!!!! (to post however I want) No longer will I live under the tyranny of the Ver! I shall express my words! Some may call my words meaningless and foolish, but for those that understand I shall continue to speak! I'm With you bumatlarge! You are not alone! Together we shall type what others fear to type!

Thank you Viscera... I have come to my senses!

For those that do not understand:
What one says has an effect on how one lives. It could mean live or death. Weakness or Strength! Rich or Poor. Red or Green! or possibly blue and black... Regardless! This is a game of words and text.. and possibly music, videos, and images! There are those among us who can eliminate us but simply writing our name. Do not fear! We have a great detective who is cracking down on this killer *cough*.

It is time.. For the HUNT TO BEGIN!!! DO NOT HOLD BACK YOUR WORDS IN FEAR!!! SPEAK THE TRUTH LOUD AND CLEAR!!!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
SamuelLJackson
Profile Joined December 2011
223 Posts
December 20 2011 09:51 GMT
#200
I don't understand why Chezinu would come in and basically claim Traitor. The move makes no sense as a Townie gamble since you destroy your own credibility and put yourself at risk of being lynched or vigged.

I know that he's Chezinu but I think he actually is the Traitor. Kind of like how he basically claimed SK day 1 in LSB's Merc Mini Mafia. Either way the onus is on him to either post real content or face the lynch.

I'm not too familiar with bum's play since every game I've been in with him we've been scum together so I ignore his posts but does he have a penchant for useless posting? I vaguely remember him getting lynched as Town in Personality for posting like crap.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 232
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings113
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko348
SHIN 232
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40831
Bisu 2100
Shuttle 1916
Hyuk 1679
Larva 415
EffOrt 412
Soma 395
Mini 352
ZerO 286
firebathero 226
[ Show more ]
Last 122
Leta 87
hero 82
Zeus 72
Pusan 62
Killer 48
Hm[arnc] 47
Hyun 47
Sexy 45
Trap 45
Bale 40
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 27
PianO 25
zelot 23
sorry 17
yabsab 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Rock 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4550
qojqva1543
Dendi952
XcaliburYe355
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor794
crisheroes679
Liquid`Hasu9
Other Games
gofns39910
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1184
Happy324
DeMusliM259
Livibee137
Mew2King99
Liquid`VortiX63
ArmadaUGS56
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9843
League of Legends
• Jankos1674
Other Games
• WagamamaTV222
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 54m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 54m
INu's Battles
22h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.