• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9239 users

TL Mafia Model OP - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
November 01 2011 16:11 GMT
#21
I'm thinking the change in site layout was a subtle attack on TL mafia by Hot_Bid to ruin our banners
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 17:17:35
November 01 2011 16:44 GMT
#22
Anyone who played Minecraft with us will get this one.

[image loading]



I liked this one better though

[image loading]
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 01 2011 20:54 GMT
#23
haha :D
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 09 2011 20:52 GMT
#24
On November 01 2011 22:36 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
If you want to use this game to sit out your ban, please PM Qatol or post in the Ban List.

this should be changed to
Show nested quote +
If you want to use this game to sit out your ban, please PM flamewheel or post in the Ban List.

Okay fixed.

If there is anything anyone wants added to the model OP, tell me now. I'm probably going to be making updates over the weekend (dividing up the model into multiple posts, adding role descriptions, etc) and I'm taking suggestions for other changes.
Uff Da
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 09 2011 21:02 GMT
#25
every game should include an example vanilla townie role pm.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 09 2011 21:18 GMT
#26
Yes, including a vanilla townie role PM was part of the plan.
Uff Da
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 09 2011 21:42 GMT
#27
well, I think a way to do it could be letting hosts have their own vanilla townie role pms, but making sure they post that particular pm in their ops.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 09 2011 23:00 GMT
#28
It's a model. They're supposed to be able to change it to suit their needs. That's a given.
Uff Da
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
November 09 2011 23:01 GMT
#29
I suggest changing the banner to one of the awesome banners iGrok has modified, to fit the new width.
Moderator
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 09 2011 23:06 GMT
#30
On November 10 2011 08:01 GMarshal wrote:
I suggest changing the banner to one of the awesome banners iGrok has modified, to fit the new width.

I agree that we should be using a larger banner. However, I don't know if I agree with the captions on iGrok's bigger banners. "Lurk by day" seems like a bad message to be giving to people who are new to the forum. I don't really understand the message behind "Live. Love. Lynch."
Uff Da
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 09 2011 23:07 GMT
#31
the "live love lynch" is from the couples mafia game I thought?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
November 09 2011 23:10 GMT
#32
On November 10 2011 08:07 wherebugsgo wrote:
the "live love lynch" is from the couples mafia game I thought?


No, I took if from here, lol
Computer says mafia
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 09 2011 23:22 GMT
#33
my head just exploded again
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
November 10 2011 23:30 GMT
#34
I think it would be awesome if there was something about replacing out of games inhere. When is it okay to replace out and how should it be done? There's been some "Sorry [my alignment] but I have to replace out" in recent games which has been very unfortunate for obvious reasons. I think there should be a rule like "If you need to get replaced you should PM the host and immediately stop posting in the thread". I think most hosts would have different opinions on potential punishments for replacing out, and what constitutes a good reason for replacing out but maybe this model OP could have some general guidelines. Something like "can't replace out because you don't like how other players play the game, but you can replace out if you have a real life emergency that could not be foreseen".

Like, as long as there's nothing in the model OP about this, people are going to continue to handle replacements in unfortunate ways.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
November 11 2011 00:10 GMT
#35
If you guys have a better slogan in mind I'm happy to make a new one.
LBD,KBN was from the Mafia Minecraft faction lol.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 11 2011 00:54 GMT
#36
On November 11 2011 08:30 prplhz wrote:
I think it would be awesome if there was something about replacing out of games inhere. When is it okay to replace out and how should it be done? There's been some "Sorry [my alignment] but I have to replace out" in recent games which has been very unfortunate for obvious reasons. I think there should be a rule like "If you need to get replaced you should PM the host and immediately stop posting in the thread". I think most hosts would have different opinions on potential punishments for replacing out, and what constitutes a good reason for replacing out but maybe this model OP could have some general guidelines. Something like "can't replace out because you don't like how other players play the game, but you can replace out if you have a real life emergency that could not be foreseen".

Like, as long as there's nothing in the model OP about this, people are going to continue to handle replacements in unfortunate ways.

Good idea. I'll put something in there that the hosts can tinker with if they don't want replacements. And I agree that it's something that should probably be made official.
Uff Da
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 11 2011 04:25 GMT
#37
On November 11 2011 08:30 prplhz wrote:
I think it would be awesome if there was something about replacing out of games inhere. When is it okay to replace out and how should it be done? There's been some "Sorry [my alignment] but I have to replace out" in recent games which has been very unfortunate for obvious reasons. I think there should be a rule like "If you need to get replaced you should PM the host and immediately stop posting in the thread". I think most hosts would have different opinions on potential punishments for replacing out, and what constitutes a good reason for replacing out but maybe this model OP could have some general guidelines. Something like "can't replace out because you don't like how other players play the game, but you can replace out if you have a real life emergency that could not be foreseen".

Like, as long as there's nothing in the model OP about this, people are going to continue to handle replacements in unfortunate ways.

whats to stop scum from saying "sorry town, gotta replace out!"?
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
November 11 2011 04:51 GMT
#38
On November 11 2011 13:25 redFF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 08:30 prplhz wrote:
I think it would be awesome if there was something about replacing out of games inhere. When is it okay to replace out and how should it be done? There's been some "Sorry [my alignment] but I have to replace out" in recent games which has been very unfortunate for obvious reasons. I think there should be a rule like "If you need to get replaced you should PM the host and immediately stop posting in the thread". I think most hosts would have different opinions on potential punishments for replacing out, and what constitutes a good reason for replacing out but maybe this model OP could have some general guidelines. Something like "can't replace out because you don't like how other players play the game, but you can replace out if you have a real life emergency that could not be foreseen".

Like, as long as there's nothing in the model OP about this, people are going to continue to handle replacements in unfortunate ways.

whats to stop scum from saying "sorry town, gotta replace out!"?


dude did you even read his post?
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
November 11 2011 04:58 GMT
#39
...lol
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 09 2011 14:05 GMT
#40
Hey guys, I have no idea where to talk about this so I'm just going to do it here if Qatol doesn't mind.

I've played some games lately where people have been breadcrumbing their role PM and then hosts had to step in a do something about it. There is nothing in the Model OP about it so of course people can't know that they're not supposed to breadcrumb their role PMs, but very often hosts (and players alike!) are dissatisfied with this. I understand that breadcrumbing your role PM has been a legit strategy for some time on this forum but since I think a lot of hosts don't like it, and I as a player don't like it either, maybe if there was general consensus about it you could put a rule about role PM breadcrumbing in the Model OP?

This is really more about discussing if people think it should be a legit strategy, if people think that it is cheap and distracts from what the game is really about then I guess there should be a rule about it in the Model OP so we can avoid any more incidents where hosts have to step in during the game after somebody's done it.

Another counter argument is that people say it's up to the hosts, hosts can prevent it by providing sample PMs to everybody but in the end I think this is just putting an extra burden on the hosts. I haven't hosted (yet!) but I think this is just putting extra burden on the hosts when a simple rule could prevent most of these incidents.

Anyway, what do you guys think about breadcrumbing your role PM, or discussing the contents of it in general without paraphrasing it?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 353
UpATreeSC 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1272
actioN 468
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 199
firebathero 94
Zeus 71
Trap 41
zelot 28
soO 26
Sexy 26
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 20
JYJ 20
Shine 20
NaDa 7
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7294
qojqva2135
Dendi833
420jenkins163
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1134
Fnx 786
x6flipin349
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6544
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu683
Other Games
Beastyqt770
B2W.Neo618
ceh9489
byalli350
KnowMe161
ArmadaUGS156
Khaldor142
C9.Mang0139
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 75
Trikslyr57
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV267
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH313
• StrangeGG 57
• Reevou 8
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 45
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix12
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV414
League of Legends
• Nemesis3947
• TFBlade916
Other Games
• Shiphtur337
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 5m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 5m
Stellar Fest
19h 5m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.