• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:35
CEST 14:35
KST 21:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8894 users

Surprisingly Normal Mini Mafia VI - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 00:39:37
September 29 2011 00:30 GMT
#161
5. This game follows Extended Majority Lynch Rules. Majority = #of players remaining in the game/2) + 1 (round down). Unlike in traditional majority lynch, the lynch is NOT decided the moment majority is reached. Instead, only the final vote count matters. If there is no majority at the deadline, the day ends with a no lynch. Non-voters will be modkilled for failure to vote.


Just a reminder. Activity levels have been highly disappointing, to say the least.
Moderator
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 29 2011 00:35 GMT
#162
so we need to have 6 votes on 1 guy, or more, to actually lynch him and so far the most we got is 2?
I'm going to stay awake to get this going, and switch votes if someone turns out to get a couple.

Not really a question, more a "come on guys, we got some hours left, start voting"
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 29 2011 00:45 GMT
#163
On September 29 2011 03:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I'll be voting a lurker aswell, at least now.

## Vote Edwin5

I might aswell say i'm not gonna be here when the day is over (it's 5 AM here then, and i have to go to work tomorrow), so i pretty much need to make up my mind in a couple of hours.


Since he said he's not going to be here when day ends I'm switching to Edwin5 as well, that way we got 2 on someone, ciryandor was posting a little while ago, too, so we might get 3 if he switches too.
If the rest shows up we might get enough to get a lynch going and not have 6 guys modkilled

## Vote Edwin5
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
September 29 2011 01:03 GMT
#164
##vote edwin5
to make sure someone dies I guess.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
September 29 2011 01:15 GMT
#165
Edwin5 hasn't even posted anywhere else, so I'd rather call him as absent than as lurking.

And SERIOUSLY, why are we going to jump on him? I would really recommend pushing on someone who we are sure has at least shown activity after the game started. Let the GM do the modkill on him if he isn't active.

I'll switch to Edwin only if you can convince me of why we're voting him off instead of letting a mod-kill happen.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
September 29 2011 01:21 GMT
#166
Given the lynch rules, we can let the mod-kill occur because given the abysmal activity level, it's unlikely we'll get enough votes for a proper lynch today even if I switch to Edwin, and if the mod-kill goes to Edwin, we still see his flip.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
September 29 2011 01:22 GMT
#167
Well damn it, just saw zany's vote, maybe voting Edwin isn't such a waste after all.

## Unvote
## Vote Edwin5
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 29 2011 01:24 GMT
#168
My point was that we're having serious trouble getting 6 votes on someone and every vote counts. If there's going to be 6 modkills and we got 3 votes on someone else it's still a wasted day because we don't get a lynch at all.
Then I guess if that's going to happen we don't even have the chance to change that.

To sum it up it's something like this:
We're pretty screwed right now with only 6 guys voting, however if 2 or three guys more show up we might get something done and even in that case it's going to be hard to get 6 guys voting for the same. The guy I quoted said he's not online => he's not going to change.
If we get 6 modkills we won't get a majority anyway, however if we don't that one vote might make a difference.
In my opinion it's the only way to not screw up day1 for town, although it's probably still not enough.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
September 29 2011 01:25 GMT
#169
To everyone reading, my vote means we have 4 on Edwin5, two more and we get him lynched. I would still like explanations/excuses for inactivity from Thnikkaman47, JoshKirby, Sknowman and jish17.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to FoS zany_001 tomorrow.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
September 29 2011 01:26 GMT
#170
I won't be around for the night post, sinani206 will though.
Moderator
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
September 29 2011 01:28 GMT
#171
On September 29 2011 10:24 Toadesstern wrote:
My point was that we're having serious trouble getting 6 votes on someone and every vote counts. If there's going to be 6 modkills and we got 3 votes on someone else it's still a wasted day because we don't get a lynch at all.
Then I guess if that's going to happen we don't even have the chance to change that.

To sum it up it's something like this:
We're pretty screwed right now with only 6 guys voting, however if 2 or three guys more show up we might get something done and even in that case it's going to be hard to get 6 guys voting for the same. The guy I quoted said he's not online => he's not going to change.
If we get 6 modkills we won't get a majority anyway, however if we don't that one vote might make a difference.
In my opinion it's the only way to not screw up day1 for town, although it's probably still not enough.

Six modkills = GG for town if all were VTs, if 1 was scum, then we're barely alive. two scum there means it's still a toss-up; but I see your point in removing as many mod-kills as possible by forcing people to bandwagon someone; I just don't think it's a very good idea to gain info on who's acting scummy; zany already seems to act like that to say the least.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 29 2011 01:29 GMT
#172
Just to make it right, asked a coach if I have to write unvote because I forgot to do so and he said yes, so here's a proper version

## Unvote
## Vote Edwin5
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 29 2011 01:39 GMT
#173
On September 29 2011 10:28 Ciryandor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 10:24 Toadesstern wrote:
My point was that we're having serious trouble getting 6 votes on someone and every vote counts. If there's going to be 6 modkills and we got 3 votes on someone else it's still a wasted day because we don't get a lynch at all.
Then I guess if that's going to happen we don't even have the chance to change that.

To sum it up it's something like this:
We're pretty screwed right now with only 6 guys voting, however if 2 or three guys more show up we might get something done and even in that case it's going to be hard to get 6 guys voting for the same. The guy I quoted said he's not online => he's not going to change.
If we get 6 modkills we won't get a majority anyway, however if we don't that one vote might make a difference.
In my opinion it's the only way to not screw up day1 for town, although it's probably still not enough.

Six modkills = GG for town if all were VTs, if 1 was scum, then we're barely alive. two scum there means it's still a toss-up; but I see your point in removing as many mod-kills as possible by forcing people to bandwagon someone; I just don't think it's a very good idea to gain info on who's acting scummy; zany already seems to act like that to say the least.


yeah, just came to my mind as well. The real problem here is that it's np for mafia to just act like they're town as well. I mean we got 6 guys voting, even if edwin was mafia they'd have no problem switching a couple votes on edwin because hell. At least that's what I'd do if I where mafia (talking about us 4 right now, obviously now I'd not get more votes on him if I where mafia)
As mentioned we got pretty much zero info right now except for one statement that sounds stupid in a noob game.
I might be doing this right now, just like you could or zany, knowing that 6 guys aren't here voting and there's probably not going to be a lynch on day 1.

So I am questioning this right now, because it makes it realy easy for mafia on day1 looking like they care about getting a lynch.
Than again I can't think of something better right now. Surely giving up on day1 sounds no good to me as well.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 29 2011 01:42 GMT
#174
just to clear things, give up meant "give up the lynch on day 1" :D
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
September 29 2011 02:17 GMT
#175
On September 29 2011 10:39 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 10:28 Ciryandor wrote:
On September 29 2011 10:24 Toadesstern wrote:
My point was that we're having serious trouble getting 6 votes on someone and every vote counts. If there's going to be 6 modkills and we got 3 votes on someone else it's still a wasted day because we don't get a lynch at all.
Then I guess if that's going to happen we don't even have the chance to change that.

To sum it up it's something like this:
We're pretty screwed right now with only 6 guys voting, however if 2 or three guys more show up we might get something done and even in that case it's going to be hard to get 6 guys voting for the same. The guy I quoted said he's not online => he's not going to change.
If we get 6 modkills we won't get a majority anyway, however if we don't that one vote might make a difference.
In my opinion it's the only way to not screw up day1 for town, although it's probably still not enough.

Six modkills = GG for town if all were VTs, if 1 was scum, then we're barely alive. two scum there means it's still a toss-up; but I see your point in removing as many mod-kills as possible by forcing people to bandwagon someone; I just don't think it's a very good idea to gain info on who's acting scummy; zany already seems to act like that to say the least.


yeah, just came to my mind as well. The real problem here is that it's np for mafia to just act like they're town as well. I mean we got 6 guys voting, even if edwin was mafia they'd have no problem switching a couple votes on edwin because hell. At least that's what I'd do if I where mafia (talking about us 4 right now, obviously now I'd not get more votes on him if I where mafia)
As mentioned we got pretty much zero info right now except for one statement that sounds stupid in a noob game.
I might be doing this right now, just like you could or zany, knowing that 6 guys aren't here voting and there's probably not going to be a lynch on day 1.

So I am questioning this right now, because it makes it realy easy for mafia on day1 looking like they care about getting a lynch.
Than again I can't think of something better right now. Surely giving up on day1 sounds no good to me as well.

You have a point that it looks like a scum trying to act pro-town, but if I were scum I wouldn't be calling out anyone on not being active and arguing that people trying to hide despite being able to read the thread/lurk are a better choice than a complete no-show as a policy lynch. In any case, at least you and rayn are making an effort to act for town, it just makes me question you for a moment on why you would deem the blatantly pro-town activity I've done as a scum trying to run the "obvious townie" play.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 29 2011 02:50 GMT
#176
yeah I really was just talking about that vote-for-edwin-move out of context thinking it's a standard for both mafia and town right now. We'll see more after night post.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Thnikkaman47
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia5 Posts
September 29 2011 04:32 GMT
#177
Sorry, have had minimal opportunity to internet.

## Vote Edwin5
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
September 29 2011 04:37 GMT
#178
On September 29 2011 11:50 Toadesstern wrote:
yeah I really was just talking about that vote-for-edwin-move out of context thinking it's a standard for both mafia and town right now. We'll see more after night post.

I just have a feeling I'm gonna get shanked by scum with what I'm doing, but if it forces them to kill me just so they aren't forced to reveal their play, then it gives us a LOT of info.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
JoshKirby
Profile Joined September 2011
13 Posts
September 29 2011 05:01 GMT
#179
On September 29 2011 10:25 Ciryandor wrote:
I would still like explanations/excuses for inactivity from [...] JoshKirby


Work + Gym. I'm finally back home at ~10 PM.
Gonna vote now before dinner. Afterwards I'll see if there's anything I can add.
## Vote Edwin5

sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
September 29 2011 05:14 GMT
#180
Day 1 Votecount

jish17 (1)
zany_001

Toadesstern (1)
Zanfada

Sknowman (1)
FranzP

With 12 players alive, it is 7 to lynch. Only 3 people have voted and the day ends in 22 hours, and GMarshal and I wouldn't want to modkill anyone. (or would we... hehe) Please format your votes correctly or else they will not be on this list. I am ctrl-f-ing "##Vote"
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 229
TKL 161
CranKy Ducklings56
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM990
IndyStarCraft 160
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 990
Lowko440
TKL 161
IndyStarCraft 160
Rex 82
MindelVK 15
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57496
Free 3253
Jaedong 1954
BeSt 657
Soulkey 409
Horang2 358
Soma 334
Hyun 212
Zeus 203
firebathero 169
[ Show more ]
sorry 151
Last 150
Mind 108
Pusan 84
soO 25
scan(afreeca) 21
Aegong 20
ToSsGirL 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6862
Dendi714
XaKoH 405
canceldota38
Other Games
gofns34489
singsing2203
B2W.Neo479
byalli402
Pyrionflax306
ToD189
DeMusliM40
QueenE38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1348
• WagamamaTV464
League of Legends
• Jankos3258
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 25m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.