• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:51
CEST 20:51
KST 03:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7980 users

Personality Mafia! - Page 71

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 87 Next
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
August 19 2011 18:59 GMT
#1401
And I thought the other game I was in was fubared.
Life can only kill you once.
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 19 2011 19:06 GMT
#1402
The Day Three Mayoral Race
I have what it takes

[image loading]


I, your favourite Korean-Australian TL Mafia player, will rise through the dredges of this wicked town like a beacon of light and show you the path to victory. As a mayoral candidate, I will start off my campaign by answering the questions posed by rival candidate, kitaman27.

1) How will you lead the town to victory?
It is simple, we kill the mafia. We do this by promoting active discussion and drawing out the reds. Earlier, we saw Curu drop the ball on Palmar who has since claimed mafia. This is fantastic news, no? Well, under my term as mayor, I will make sure that players make use of this news even better than before!

We will not reveal our findings at the beginning of the 48 hour day, this stifles discussion. Instead, when we find a red player, we will question them and bait them into any information we can find. We will scour the pages to see any connections that have formed and further solidify them with clever traps, and then reveal the bombshell at the latter half of the day.

We will run things more efficiently, I will make sure that lurkers pay for their crimes. I will make sure that the pages are cleaner without so much spam! I will make sure, that for the rest of this game, that your scumhunting abilities aren't hindered, but complemented with efficient posts.

2) What or who are the biggest problems preventing the town from achieving this victory?
It has always been a strong belief of mine that liars and lurkers are the absolute worst players a town could have. These players, without a good excuse, must be dealt with swiftly. Liars must be killed immediately barring exceptional circumstances and lurkers must be pressured and then killed, with the use of KP instead of a lynch so as to not stifle more discussion.

One big problem this town has is taking everything for face value. Every role in this game is hidden and speculating based on what we see on the surface can result in a loss. We, as a town, already have a great lead with 2 of the mafia already cleaned up. As long as we don't let any baseless assumptions take the better of us, we should and we will win the game.

Extending upon my last point, I, as a mayor, will not go out of my way to sidetrack or mislead the town. The town will have complete democratic control as this is clearly winning the game for us. We will unite, not under myself or any other mayor, but together as townies we will get rid of the evil scum.

3) Do you like broccoli?
No, but I like Brock.

[image loading]


Also, my role is pretty powerful and it only gets stronger towards the end-game.
lalala
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 19 2011 19:08 GMT
#1403
In any case, Palmar why the claim? What do you mean you can't actually discuss the game? Wtf?
lalala
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
August 19 2011 19:10 GMT
#1404
youngminii truly cares for town.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
August 19 2011 19:29 GMT
#1405
My family and I are standing before you today because personality mafia, this wonderful thread that we call home is facing financial perils unprecedented in history. We are not unique. Along with other games around our forum we face difficult decisions. Many of the things we will have to do will be unpopular…Many choices we will have to make will be painful. But these decisions will have to be made.
The people of our thread and forum are speaking out, they’re demanding that their governments fiscal house be put in order.

To be successful, the next Mayor of Personality Mafia must aggressively act to do more with less.

Just like in business all applicants are not suited for the job… I KNOW I AM!!!! Good evening ladies and gentlemen… my name is redFF and I am a candidate for the Job of Mayor of Personality Mafia!!

I seek this position not as a result of political ambitions, not as one who looks to public service as a form of permanent employment, but rather as a business man who is convinced that Government must be run more like a business and less…well …like Government.

I believe in a new day for Personality Mafai. As Mayor I will form partnerships within government to bring about a balanced budget. I will work with commissioners to find ways to do more with less. I will streamline government and make it more productive.

As Mayor, the buck stops with me.

I will reduce the salary of Mayor by 10 % and require at least the same for all commissioners and department heads and key personnel. I will reduce the size of the car fleet to only what is absolutely necessary. I will be driving in my old reliable Mercury Milan to work, enjoying every minute of it. I will reduce the staff of the Mayors office and I will eliminate unnecessary costs whenever and wherever they are found and this includes cars, gas, phones and political hiring.

I will treat our work force fairly. We have some of the best Medics and Detectives and Vigilantes in the forum…But they will be called upon to help in this endeavor to reign in costs. We will not and cannot pit one member or union against another…A common purpose unites us…and that is to restore our forum to a place that allows us…once again…to be proud to claim it as our own.

The unpopular decision… made by the business owners, but avoided by the politicians is a big part of the problem. As Mayor I will bring an ability to make tough decisions and as always make decisions that are based on the best interest of the shareholders, you the citizens of Personality Mafia.
As Mayor, I would strive to form partnerships within government. Having served 10 years on the thread council I want to work constructively with the thread council to reign in costs and move our thread forward.

I want to form partnerships with other elected officials on the county state and federal level to assure that Personality Mafia is getting what it deserves.

I will attempt to streamline government services with a commitment to be business and
consumer friendly, with our municipal employees providing the highest quality of service to our citizens.

I am here today to officially begin a journey. This journey will be all about the thread of Personality Mafia and the great-unrealized potential we have. It will be about family, my family and yours.

I am proud to have been raised in Personality Mafia and a graduate of PTP1. My wife Beth Ann and I choose Personality Mafia as the place to raise our three children all of whom attended Personality Mafia Public schools.

As you know my mother and father have lived in Personality Mafia for over 50 years. Not only can we claim the oldest printing establishment in the thread…but my five brothers and I can claim the longest serving, oldest living former mayor of Personality Mafia, my dad Angelo Martinelli.

My vision for Personality Mafia is the product of a lifetime living, learning and working in and for this thread.

The truth be told…being out of office for almost six years has been an eye opener for me. It has given me the opportunity to objectively assess where we are and where we should be going…

I am concerned with the future…not the past. My focus as mayor will be to lead this thread
forward putting our financial house in order, making our government transparent, developing our natural gifts… and Most importantly restoring confidence in our Education system so that our children and grandchildren will do what Beth Ann and I did…and that is to choose Personality Mafia as their home…

Thank you for coming tonight and thank you for your support.





But first we need to lynch all the scum, so vote me and we will!
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
August 19 2011 19:32 GMT
#1406
You drive a mercury milan?

What, are you a lesbian or something?
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 19 2011 19:40 GMT
#1407
Jesus.

##Unvote: BC
##Vote: Palmar
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
August 19 2011 19:49 GMT
#1408
yo traitor.

You need to claim, feel free to wait until after I flip, but you need to openly claim in the thread. Trust me.
Computer says mafia
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
August 19 2011 20:03 GMT
#1409
oh lol well that's that.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
August 19 2011 20:13 GMT
#1410
PALM-AIR
##Vote: Palmar
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 19 2011 20:16 GMT
#1411
*shrug*
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
August 19 2011 20:24 GMT
#1412
Alright let's consider things in a new light. I don't think Scamp is Mafia - please be more active and contribute Scamp. I'm sorry I tunneled you like an asshole earlier and attacked you for everything you said.

tnkted looks scummy to me - one big analysis on deconduo early in the game that would suggest he isn't afraid to put his reads in the open and lead a wagon, but he has done nothing since besides a huge post defending himself from ghrur. In light of what Palmar revealed, he buddied up to me a lot the night before, which I suppose scum planned to do to push me along the spammy path that I was going down (which would have ended with a likely Scamp mislynch). He was extremely reluctant on the bum wagon, even going so far as to provide really bad reasons (listchecker etc) to stay on LSB rather than ensure bum's lynch. Instantly changed his mind with me on sandroba. Plus this quote pointed out by Node which I missed:

Do you even understand what and how town atmosphere works? Spamming doesn't generate a hostile town atmosphere in and of itself; all it does is make it more difficult for people to read the thread.


kitaman is actively trying to sabotage the thread with his crap and hasn't done a single lick of scumhunting. I'd like to see this guy hang for sure. Reading through his posts it's just a bunch of dumb stuff to distract Town. Again a single analysis on day 1 and no ounce of effort after.

redFF very much looks like scum with a half assed effort to look like he is contributing when he replaced in and nothing else relevant since. Also actively looking to shit up the thread.

VE looks bad for reasons a lot of people have stated already.

Kenpachi I want to lynch because he is Kenpachi. He is never going to contribute anything and hurts Town whichever side he is on.

I'm almost certain I've been approaching this game the wrong way. The people who are completely out of the way and not posting anything at all probably aren't scum, rather I think we should look at the people actively sabotaging the thread. youngminii please don't get embroiled up in this too.

syllogism, Flamewheel, BC are capable of much more than they have been contributing, but it's like they are purposely being useless. If you guys are Town please don't give up, yeah the state of the thread is horrible but we've only had 1 mislynch against 2 scum lynches now. The game is very winnable, but not if I am the only one putting forth effort.
wat
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 19 2011 20:28 GMT
#1413
I mean, is anyone considering the notion that he might be compelled to claim Maf for his role? I can see someone being compelled to claim Maf if they're not.

Just sayin.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
August 19 2011 20:35 GMT
#1414
I am now dead in Werewolves. My concentration can now be returned fully to this cluster fuck.

Wtf are you doing Kita? This festering pus boil of a thread is hard enough to sift through without the addition of that bullshit.
BC - How do you come to the conclusion I'm scum. Don't hide behind a lame ass post restriction answer the question.
Life can only kill you once.
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
August 19 2011 20:40 GMT
#1415
My preferred lynch order after Palmar would be tnkted then kitaman. What do you guys think about this?
wat
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 19 2011 20:55 GMT
#1416
Curu, I assure you that I very much believe you're town (note: my opinion is subject to change) but I disagree with many of your opinions, I want to elaborate further. As for this being a winnable game, I'd go as far as to say that game is ours to lose, if we don't mess up badly we should win pretty convincingly.

In any case, I believe kita is townish. I am undecided about tnkted.
lalala
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
August 19 2011 20:56 GMT
#1417
Also, why did BC not get punished for revealing his post restriction? I want a mod to acknowledge this, I mean what if he's scum faking his post restriction? We'll never know and that's just unfair :<
lalala
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
August 19 2011 21:00 GMT
#1418
On August 20 2011 05:55 youngminii wrote:
Curu, I assure you that I very much believe you're town (note: my opinion is subject to change) but I disagree with many of your opinions, I want to elaborate further. As for this being a winnable game, I'd go as far as to say that game is ours to lose, if we don't mess up badly we should win pretty convincingly.

In any case, I believe kita is townish. I am undecided about tnkted.


That's fair, who would you call scummy then?

Jackal revealed his post restriction but according to him wasn't punished at all for it.
wat
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
August 19 2011 21:02 GMT
#1419
Tnkted, what changed your view from me being "just a stupid townie" to being "scum" considering I basically proved my vigi claim with a night 1 hit?

BC, state your cases on your scum reads, please.
darkness overpowering
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
August 19 2011 21:03 GMT
#1420
On August 20 2011 06:00 Curu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2011 05:55 youngminii wrote:
Curu, I assure you that I very much believe you're town (note: my opinion is subject to change) but I disagree with many of your opinions, I want to elaborate further. As for this being a winnable game, I'd go as far as to say that game is ours to lose, if we don't mess up badly we should win pretty convincingly.

In any case, I believe kita is townish. I am undecided about tnkted.


That's fair, who would you call scummy then?

Jackal revealed his post restriction but according to him wasn't punished at all for it.

I did so prior to Incog telling us we were not allowed. I had no idea it was prohibited.
Life can only kill you once.
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
ProTech159
UpATreeSC 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19960
Calm 3629
Mini 424
Mind 84
910 65
Free 63
soO 31
Trap 31
Aegong 23
Dota 2
Gorgc5189
XaKoH 296
canceldota56
Counter-Strike
fl0m6066
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3395
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt555
Liquid`Hasu288
Khaldor199
Livibee193
C9.Mang0140
Trikslyr126
RotterdaM118
IndyStarCraft 80
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Nemesis2304
Other Games
• imaqtpie757
• Shiphtur686
• tFFMrPink 5
• Scarra4
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.