• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:08
CEST 03:08
KST 10:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8692 users

Sleeper Cell Mafia - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 46 Next All
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 26 2011 21:56 GMT
#301
On April 27 2011 06:47 Ace wrote:
I'm not sold on lynching lurkers yet. I feel as if we've got more than enough information in 15 pages to do some suitable scum hunting.


Well, convince me.....otherwise, this looks scummy as fuck.
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
April 26 2011 22:02 GMT
#302
Alright, fair enough. The first order of business for the cell leader would be to inform all of the agents of each other, but that can easily be done in one five-word message for each. So since I apparently get to pick who the agents are I guess I'm just building a strong scum team.

Ace -- ofc. Never played with you, but everything I've read makes you seem like a strong player
Jacakal -- very disruptive style of play, ever since insane 2 I've been thinking he could be really good on a scum team if he played right
Tackster -- Partially because it'd be funny to make jackal bus him, and partially because his more calm and straightforward style of play would counter the more argumentative/'you suck' style coming from ace/jackal. Diversity is good afaik
:3
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 26 2011 22:04 GMT
#303
On April 27 2011 06:56 Zorkmid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 06:47 Ace wrote:
I'm not sold on lynching lurkers yet. I feel as if we've got more than enough information in 15 pages to do some suitable scum hunting.


Well, convince me.....otherwise, this looks scummy as fuck.


convince you of what? Over half the players in this game have posted at least one post of substance. Good - now you can scum hunt. Trying to lynch lurkers on Day 1 isn't always a good idea and depending on the setup is quite foolish.

This is one of those setups. If you're an Agent lurking doesn't benefit you nor does it hinder you. It's not a scum tell and even in normal setups it isn't a scum tell.

On April 27 2011 06:54 sandroba wrote:
I would like to suggest you post your info right now, so it can be relevant to the current lynch. If you post it in a few hours, it's gonna make no difference, at least for today. There was enough time already for anyone willing to answer your questions to have done so.


It's not relevant to the current lynch. It's relevant for Night 1 actions though. Don't worry it'll all make sense soon.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 26 2011 22:13 GMT
#304
@Eiii: I'm the greatest Mafia player of all time. True story bro.

Let me clarify about scum tells since I know the inevitable is going to happen where someone ends up arguing a moot point.

Day 1 scum tells are usually very weak. It takes either a monster slip, a role or information that can act during the day, or generating some discussion that ultimately splits the players into groups where there is a strong possibility that Scum is stuck in one of them.

Lynching lurkers on Day 1 does none of this especially when the case against them is "you haven't posted enough". This would be fine if it happened in a newbie game since they tend to do ridiculous things like this because they don't know any better. Is this a game full of newbies? No. So pretty much everyone here knows that blatantly lurking as Scum on Day 1 would result in a suspicious looks.

Secondly, and this is really important: There is no pressure on any of the lurkers to post Day 1. Remember what I said about information? Has any role information been created since the OP was posted that involves these lurkers? No. So it's not like they are running away from an accusation. So trying to lynch lurkers because you think they are Scum is a waste right now.

If you want to lynch lurkers on the premise that they won't help us later on in the game then hey - go for it. But trying to point to them and say they aren't contributing so they are most likely scum is old meta. Everyone knows it so it's no longer relevant.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
April 26 2011 23:08 GMT
#305
for all I know that's the truth
:3
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
April 26 2011 23:26 GMT
#306
On April 27 2011 06:20 Eiii wrote:
I could, in theory, run through the thread and try to squeeze some sort of meaning out of the 5-20 posts everyone has made so far but I don't think anyone'd be better off for it. I understand that discussion like that is overall a good thing, but at this point I don't feel I could come up with anything that doesn't make me look bad :/ This early game time is by far what I'm worst at at the moment-- without anything having actually *happened* yet I have a really hard time seeing anyone as scummy or innocent.

Of your list of three lurkers up there, GGQ is the most suspicious to me atm-- I remember him being fairly active in XXXVIII and very active in Insane 2, but so far he's made four posts, two of which have been about the rules/setup.


Trying to chainsaw the lurker label on to me, nice. You literally just gave an explanation for why you haven't posted much, then said I'm suspicious because I haven't posted much. Give me a break. Not to mention, my post count so far in this game is very much in line with my usual play. I always focus on quality instead of quantity.

For future referance, though, school's out and I'm working now, so I can only post between supper and bedtime. I'll try to keep activity up, of course, but my hours of access will be limited.
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
April 26 2011 23:27 GMT
#307
On April 27 2011 00:26 GMarshal wrote:
Jackal, I like your accusation, however I would leave tnkted alone for now as if he has a weird role as he claims the mafia is much more likely to hit him


You are approaching this like a regular game. Because of the agent mechanic, the other mafia don't know if he is mafia or blue, so they won't risk hitting him.
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
April 26 2011 23:42 GMT
#308
sorry guys for being incredibly useless but im confused AND pretty busy as of late. Its best to leave tnkted alone because i doubt mafia would claim a weird role in the beginning.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 26 2011 23:46 GMT
#309
On April 27 2011 08:27 GGQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 00:26 GMarshal wrote:
Jackal, I like your accusation, however I would leave tnkted alone for now as if he has a weird role as he claims the mafia is much more likely to hit him


You are approaching this like a regular game. Because of the agent mechanic, the other mafia don't know if he is mafia or blue, so they won't risk hitting him.


I disagree, I think mafia are going to hit him anyway, because his role has provided something they can all see as a focus point. Cell agents all vote together for who they want to kill, almost like a mini lynch, with no way of knowing who is scum or town, so they are going to go for people they perceive to be playing the way town would/not they way scum would. What kind of retarded scum would publicly breadcrumb? Therefore the agents will conclude he isn't one of them and kill him, since they know he isn't a member. My thought process if I were an agent at least.
Moderator
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 26 2011 23:47 GMT
#310
Long drive home. Traffic sucked. Actually traffic lights sucked. The first 20 miles they were all out. Fuck me. Anyways I was pondering what I may have said or done to appear scummy to Why and Ace. I honestly can't think of a reason. I have been honest and straight up with my posts. I asked questions about sandroba and why he would make a post that alluded to information he wouldn't share. Why thought that was scummy. sandroba answered it and others beat me about the head and shoulders about it. I'm not always the most astute person in the world. I moved on. I did what I felt was an honest analysis of tnkted. I was hoping tnk would respond so we could move on. Tnkted is playing in a game I am cohosting on another forum He has not been there all day so I am going to assume he just has life going on today. Ace just says I'm scummy with no real reasons. He says tnkted is just playing poorly. and I'm scum because I analyzed him. I say bull shit to both their votes.
So my traffic addled brain came up with two reasons.
The first one is scum cannot build a bus today because they don't know each other. Except for one. This scenario would put why in the scum camp with Ace as the CL. It's the only bus scum can do. Why has disappeared. Ace has voted me because I'm scummy.

The second scenario is this. I was talking to Coagulation before the game started about the people playing. Asking him for his opinion of those that I hadn't played with or played very little with. Most are names I don't know. Coag didn't know them either. But his assessment of Ace was much praise on his ability to play scum. He said he's one of the best. But that was followed by "But his town play absolutely sucks".

So now I am torn between two options. I honestly don't know which scenario makes more sense to me. I really do hate day 1.
Life can only kill you once.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
April 26 2011 23:57 GMT
#311
The first scenario makes no sense to me. So ace is trying to bus why (or vice-versa) by voting you? Is there something I'm missing here?
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 27 2011 00:07 GMT
#312
I'm not sure what to make of it, but it is pretty unusual play by him.
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 27 2011 00:09 GMT
#313
I'm sorry that should have read bandwagon.
Life can only kill you once.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 27 2011 00:15 GMT
#314
@Jackal, Ace is a scary player on either side, mafia or town, his town play is not up to his mafia play, but thats because his scum play is miles ahead of what almost anyone can pull off. His ability to mislead and misdirect the town is something to be terrified of and if he is mafia we can expect him to be ready to start crushing the town soon, as a policy, every dt in the universe should be checking him. I'm not familiar with his town play other than "from this point forward I'll talk with my guns" and knowing Qatol was mafia in the one were Qatol was the scum mayor, that was the game where he did the whole "posters who are invisible to me" thing too. Overall Ace is a vet, no-one should underestimate his play, town or mafia.

I find it mildly amusing that I posted the names of three people as inactive and all three of them popped up sooner rather than later. Almost as if they were watching the thread...

Ace, you say that lurking is "old meta" but I have found that in my experience even experienced players tend to lurk as mafia, since its simply much more comfortable/you are less likely to slip up, especially without a team giving direction/help I think many of these players might decide to lurk, or at least be mildly inactive. You seem to think jackal is scum, is there any other player you think is likely to be mafia as well?



Moderator
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 27 2011 00:50 GMT
#315
On April 27 2011 09:15 GMarshal wrote:
@Jackal, Ace is a scary player on either side, mafia or town, his town play is not up to his mafia play, but thats because his scum play is miles ahead of what almost anyone can pull off.

That was my impression as well but I think the only time we played together was in PYP II. I was lynched on day 1 so it wasn't very long. I basically sacrificed myself to prove that 1 of the 5 people above me on the draft list was scum.
I was not scum then I am not scum now. I see no reason to be a sacrificial lamb in this game so I'm just a little bit irked.
Hell the only time I've ever been scum was in LSB's Clues and Puzzles game.
You know how that worked out for me.
Life can only kill you once.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
April 27 2011 01:14 GMT
#316
Just posting complete filler to show you i'm up to date! Had a late night out so i'll post more in the mornin! Night all!
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 01:21:52
April 27 2011 01:18 GMT
#317
Day Ends in less than 1 hour

4. You may not vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.


Kenpachi and Imprevious need to revote since they voted for themselves.

GGQ, Mr. Wiggles, Rean, Eiii, Tackster, and Vain all need to vote or they will be modkilled.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 27 2011 01:24 GMT
#318
I'm going off to study pretty soon. I'm going to put my vote on Darmousseh. His only contribution has been something like 6 posts, saying "I'm town, don't lynch me", pointing out a blue twice, jumping on a lynch target quickly after GMarshal's FoS, and then being annoyed that people didn't like that he called out someone as blue twice. 6 posts, 0 contribution.

##Vote: Darmousseh

Good night! :p (And thanks for the birthday wishes!)

you gotta dance
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 27 2011 01:30 GMT
#319
On April 27 2011 09:15 GMarshal wrote:
@Jackal, Ace is a scary player on either side, mafia or town, his town play is not up to his mafia play, but thats because his scum play is miles ahead of what almost anyone can pull off. His ability to mislead and misdirect the town is something to be terrified of and if he is mafia we can expect him to be ready to start crushing the town soon, as a policy, every dt in the universe should be checking him. I'm not familiar with his town play other than "from this point forward I'll talk with my guns" and knowing Qatol was mafia in the one were Qatol was the scum mayor, that was the game where he did the whole "posters who are invisible to me" thing too. Overall Ace is a vet, no-one should underestimate his play, town or mafia.

I find it mildly amusing that I posted the names of three people as inactive and all three of them popped up sooner rather than later. Almost as if they were watching the thread...

Ace, you say that lurking is "old meta" but I have found that in my experience even experienced players tend to lurk as mafia, since its simply much more comfortable/you are less likely to slip up, especially without a team giving direction/help I think many of these players might decide to lurk, or at least be mildly inactive. You seem to think jackal is scum, is there any other player you think is likely to be mafia as well?





If every game you go after lurkers then Mafia just won't lurk. We're speaking of Day 1 here and not further along in the game when at times as Scum it is a good idea to lurk.

Either way I'm removing my vote on Jackal so no one does anything crazy since I think this isn't majority lynch and you can die with 2 votes on you.

Beside jackal no one else is a major suspect to me.

And yes my post is still coming in later.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 27 2011 01:31 GMT
#320
oh damn, no abstains. Eh ok voting for Kenpachi
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings84
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1847
GuemChi 1601
Artosis 690
910 58
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm155
League of Legends
Doublelift3550
Counter-Strike
taco 132
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox307
Other Games
summit1g7578
shahzam619
JimRising 535
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft277
Maynarde138
CosmosSc2 35
Day[9].tv7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP80
• davetesta24
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv7
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 52m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 52m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 52m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.