• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9233 users

Sleeper Cell Mafia - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 46 Next All
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
April 26 2011 17:20 GMT
#261
On April 27 2011 02:13 Zorkmid wrote:
EBWOP:
Another thought Maybe Tkdted is seeking the protection of a possible medic role?


It's pretty obvious what he is, but apparently calling out people when they make themselves too obvious to the mafia is frowned upon. People need to stop making so many tells, seriously.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 26 2011 17:21 GMT
#262
On April 27 2011 01:04 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 01:01 Zorkmid wrote:
Sandroba, I think you're town. You thought the same thing about me last game too and you were town then.

By the way, you're dead wrong again.


Weigh in then please, who do you think is mafia? Why? Lynch is in less than 10 hours, who would you like to see dead?

While I'm throwing questions around, if you were a DT who would you check tonight? If you were a busdriver what two people would you swap? why?


If I had to guess right now who is mafia I'd say that Tkdted is the most likely. The problem is that I'm afraid that he's equally likely to be a helpful role.

Beyond him, I'd say that Mr. Wiggles is a good candidate for no other reason of inactivity.

I'm also suspicious of Sandroba, who tried to cast me as mafia in the "surprising normal game I", I feel like he is acting much like he was last game, so maybe he's changing things up on purpose.

If I were a DT, a good idea would be to check Tkdted because of his strange claim, maybe sandroba. If I was stuck for someone to check, I'd pick someone with a low post count (Im not quite sure who that is right now, but I'd find that out)
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 26 2011 17:23 GMT
#263
On April 27 2011 02:20 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 02:13 Zorkmid wrote:
EBWOP:
Another thought Maybe Tkdted is seeking the protection of a possible medic role?


It's pretty obvious what he is, but apparently calling out people when they make themselves too obvious to the mafia is frowned upon. People need to stop making so many tells, seriously.


Not obvious to me. I think that the only roles that qualify as "weird" by definition would be the ones unspecified in the OP.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 26 2011 17:26 GMT
#264
Tkdted never made a role claim or hinted at one. You guys are reading something that isn't there. He "breadcrumbed" which while it wasn't even a bread crumb isn't a RC.

Since no one has any solid analysis and are pretty much much reading posts trying to make them look scummy instead of reading people there isn't a good lynch yet. I'd say we should unvote or get rid of inactive but that seems silly. This notion that Scum may be trying to play low activity so they are contacted by the cell leader is absolute nonsense. The Cell Leader already knows the Agent's identities so activity level doesn't matter.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 26 2011 17:32 GMT
#265
On April 27 2011 02:26 Ace wrote:
Tkdted never made a role claim or hinted at one. You guys are reading something that isn't there. He "breadcrumbed" which while it wasn't even a bread crumb isn't a RC.

Since no one has any solid analysis and are pretty much much reading posts trying to make them look scummy instead of reading people there isn't a good lynch yet. I'd say we should unvote or get rid of inactive but that seems silly. This notion that Scum may be trying to play low activity so they are contacted by the cell leader is absolute nonsense. The Cell Leader already knows the Agent's identities so activity level doesn't matter.

+ Show Spoiler +
On April 25 2011 07:36 tnkted wrote:
Yep, got mine too.

This is going to be an interesting game, I got a strange role.

On April 25 2011 07:41 tnkted wrote:
Lol GM, the cell leader's messages can't possibly have gone out yet, the game hasn't even started yet.

I'm not crumbing, I'm just honestly stating that my role is strange.

Here:

WEIRD ROLE, DUDES

On April 25 2011 07:47 tnkted wrote:It makes perfect sense once you see the role. I might actually claim pretty early this game. Debating the merits of it.

????

I'd also like to know the point of your exercise.
Life can only kill you once.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 26 2011 17:37 GMT
#266
Ok, between this "secret plan", this recent slipup, and defending someone who is currently suspicious, is anyone else getting a weird vibe from Ace?
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 26 2011 17:38 GMT
#267
On April 27 2011 02:32 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 02:26 Ace wrote:
Tkdted never made a role claim or hinted at one. You guys are reading something that isn't there. He "breadcrumbed" which while it wasn't even a bread crumb isn't a RC.

Since no one has any solid analysis and are pretty much much reading posts trying to make them look scummy instead of reading people there isn't a good lynch yet. I'd say we should unvote or get rid of inactive but that seems silly. This notion that Scum may be trying to play low activity so they are contacted by the cell leader is absolute nonsense. The Cell Leader already knows the Agent's identities so activity level doesn't matter.

+ Show Spoiler +
On April 25 2011 07:36 tnkted wrote:
Yep, got mine too.

This is going to be an interesting game, I got a strange role.

On April 25 2011 07:41 tnkted wrote:
Lol GM, the cell leader's messages can't possibly have gone out yet, the game hasn't even started yet.

I'm not crumbing, I'm just honestly stating that my role is strange.

Here:

WEIRD ROLE, DUDES

On April 25 2011 07:47 tnkted wrote:It makes perfect sense once you see the role. I might actually claim pretty early this game. Debating the merits of it.

????

I'd also like to know the point of your exercise.


and where's the role claim or the hint of his role?

Thanks for playing.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 26 2011 17:40 GMT
#268
On April 27 2011 02:37 Impervious wrote:
Ok, between this "secret plan", this recent slipup, and defending someone who is currently suspicious, is anyone else getting a weird vibe from Ace?


what is he suspicious of? Saying he might role claim? That isn't a suspicious action at all. You guys are looking for things that aren't there.

If someone says hey I have a pretty good role/strange role/interesting role and I might claim then show me how that is scummy behavior.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 26 2011 17:42 GMT
#269
On April 27 2011 02:38 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 02:32 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 27 2011 02:26 Ace wrote:
Tkdted never made a role claim or hinted at one. You guys are reading something that isn't there. He "breadcrumbed" which while it wasn't even a bread crumb isn't a RC.

Since no one has any solid analysis and are pretty much much reading posts trying to make them look scummy instead of reading people there isn't a good lynch yet. I'd say we should unvote or get rid of inactive but that seems silly. This notion that Scum may be trying to play low activity so they are contacted by the cell leader is absolute nonsense. The Cell Leader already knows the Agent's identities so activity level doesn't matter.

+ Show Spoiler +
On April 25 2011 07:36 tnkted wrote:
Yep, got mine too.

This is going to be an interesting game, I got a strange role.

On April 25 2011 07:41 tnkted wrote:
Lol GM, the cell leader's messages can't possibly have gone out yet, the game hasn't even started yet.

I'm not crumbing, I'm just honestly stating that my role is strange.

Here:

WEIRD ROLE, DUDES

On April 25 2011 07:47 tnkted wrote:It makes perfect sense once you see the role. I might actually claim pretty early this game. Debating the merits of it.

????

I'd also like to know the point of your exercise.


and where's the role claim or the hint of his role?

Thanks for playing.


He basically claims that he isn't ANY of the listed roles IMO.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 26 2011 17:43 GMT
#270
On April 27 2011 02:42 Zorkmid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 02:38 Ace wrote:
On April 27 2011 02:32 Jackal58 wrote:
On April 27 2011 02:26 Ace wrote:
Tkdted never made a role claim or hinted at one. You guys are reading something that isn't there. He "breadcrumbed" which while it wasn't even a bread crumb isn't a RC.

Since no one has any solid analysis and are pretty much much reading posts trying to make them look scummy instead of reading people there isn't a good lynch yet. I'd say we should unvote or get rid of inactive but that seems silly. This notion that Scum may be trying to play low activity so they are contacted by the cell leader is absolute nonsense. The Cell Leader already knows the Agent's identities so activity level doesn't matter.

+ Show Spoiler +
On April 25 2011 07:36 tnkted wrote:
Yep, got mine too.

This is going to be an interesting game, I got a strange role.

On April 25 2011 07:41 tnkted wrote:
Lol GM, the cell leader's messages can't possibly have gone out yet, the game hasn't even started yet.

I'm not crumbing, I'm just honestly stating that my role is strange.

Here:

WEIRD ROLE, DUDES

On April 25 2011 07:47 tnkted wrote:It makes perfect sense once you see the role. I might actually claim pretty early this game. Debating the merits of it.

????

I'd also like to know the point of your exercise.


and where's the role claim or the hint of his role?

Thanks for playing.


He basically claims that he isn't ANY of the listed roles IMO.


Which means he's Blue/Red, doesn't say anything definitive about his alignment.
you gotta dance
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 26 2011 17:43 GMT
#271
On April 27 2011 02:23 Zorkmid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 02:20 darmousseh wrote:
On April 27 2011 02:13 Zorkmid wrote:
EBWOP:
Another thought Maybe Tkdted is seeking the protection of a possible medic role?


It's pretty obvious what he is, but apparently calling out people when they make themselves too obvious to the mafia is frowned upon. People need to stop making so many tells, seriously.


Not obvious to me. I think that the only roles that qualify as "weird" by definition would be the ones unspecified in the OP.


It's not specified in the OP. Now can we please stop talking about this? I'll claim day2 if you people are seriously so freaked out.

And yes, zork, it should be extremely obvious what I am and why I'm acting this way. NO MORE CLUES.

You guys are spelling my name wrong btw, its TNK not TDK lol.

Now, as for my vote: it's Impervious

He's had almost nothing but one liners.

On April 26 2011 08:19 Impervious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 08:14 Kenpachi wrote:
oh ya. do you guys think its funny how Mafia may vote the most protown role to kill which may force Sleeper Cell People to not contribute as much?

It's not funny, its smart play by them.


On April 26 2011 07:55 Impervious wrote:
I thought pretty hard about how I'd play each of the positions before the game actually started.....


On April 26 2011 08:17 Impervious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 08:06 Ace wrote:
Happy Birthday Wiggles.

Impervious can you list your 3 players?

I did.
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 22:46 Impervious wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:39 GMarshal wrote:
I like that question, I'll take the first shot at answering it.

Now, I'm assuming one person is receiving the message.

1.) Ace- "I'm the pardoner from XXXVIII": with a veteran player like Ace I would be trying to get as much information to him as possible, information is power and even with only a little bit of it I'm sure he could get stuff done

2.) Mr. Wiggles - " mafia will post 'serial killer' " or some other breadcrumb that would allow me to reveal myself to him and then the rest of the team. I might think of a more clever breadcrumb than that, and if it were clever enough I might use it for ace instead.

3.) why- same as for wiggles, as a veteran player both of them are people I could count on to work it into their regular posts without worrying too much about them messing up.

Nothing against you, but I haven't played or checked out a game where why has played. I would have put you in the 3rd spot.



On April 26 2011 07:48 Impervious wrote:
Oh, and I can think of a way of letting them know who the GF at the same time.....


On April 26 2011 07:45 Impervious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 05:36 GMarshal wrote:
God dammit, I figured out what sand was getting at. He is right, it can be done, the whole mafia team can be informed of who the other members are, in my method they won't find out who the GF is but they *will* know who the entire team is. I *think* its doable in five words too, assuming the team consists of five members or less.

Assume that by night 3 the whole mafia team will be aware of the other members are.

Time to work on lynching people I guess. Mr.Wiggles, have you figured out why my vote is on you yet?

It is doable in 5 words..... Regardless of how many members are on the team.....


Oneliners. Every time. Then he has this gem, reiterating an excuse already given by several people for inactivity:
On April 26 2011 09:33 Impervious wrote:
I don't see any real info yet either.....

Btw, in case you guys are watching how people behave/how often they post - I have an exam on Wednesday, and I'm in the middle of moving from one place to another, so my posting may be erratic, without actually being caused by any game changing information that I may come across.....


Several other people had brought this excuse up already. Wiggles, for example. Trying to blend in?

Then we get an actual post of substance:

On April 25 2011 22:38 Impervious wrote:
Guys, this talk about breadcrumbing is nice and all, but I don't see it going much further at the moment. We should probably wait a while before bringing this up, so we can catch a slip up. Especially if they are trying to hide their posting in the thread.

I think we should talk about the pros and cons of of double-checking anyone who gets the result of "insufficient analysis", to make it easier on the DT.

The pros of double checking are that you are more sure of the result. The cons are that you could be checking someone else instead, therefore checking more people. I really think the cons outweigh the pros in this case.

Thoughts?

Now, I agree with not focusing on breadcrumbing this game, because its almost impossible for us to catch scum at it. But this post talks about doublechecking people. Now this isn't a scumtell in and of itself, but what is interesting is that he steals the entire content of his post from two other players:

First, Sandroba saying "talking breadcrumbs is a waste of time."
On April 25 2011 21:41 sandroba wrote:
I think this discussion about breadcrumbs is not productive at all, specially if you reveal your strategy before you put it in practice. Doing what you are suggesting is going to make scumhunting more difficult imo. Also I don't think that's the way mafia is going to identify each other, as there are several other more obvious ways I can think of.


Then vain suggesting doublechecks.
On April 25 2011 11:41 Vain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 11:38 Jackal58 wrote:
Well Gman. Since it appears that only you and I are playing and I know what I am huge fos on you.
In other words I'm going to bed.


Hey, i'm still here too. Am going to bed now BECAUSE ITS 5 AM HERE

btw, maby dt's should double check if they get that not info sufficient thingy if they have enough time and the player looks trusted. oh well, we'll see how it plays out. Goodnight!


Convinced? I am, at least enough for a day1 lynch.

#vote Impervious

'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 26 2011 17:52 GMT
#272
Jackal care to explain yourself when you quoted that post?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 26 2011 17:55 GMT
#273
On April 27 2011 02:40 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 02:37 Impervious wrote:
Ok, between this "secret plan", this recent slipup, and defending someone who is currently suspicious, is anyone else getting a weird vibe from Ace?


what is he suspicious of? Saying he might role claim? That isn't a suspicious action at all. You guys are looking for things that aren't there.

If someone says hey I have a pretty good role/strange role/interesting role and I might claim then show me how that is scummy behavior.

Well, unless we get some kind of confirmation that there are indeed roles not listed in the OP that are in play, his actions are definitely suspicious. Nobody in either of the two blue roles would even dream of bringing that much attention to themselves at this point in the game.

Also, I await the revealing of your plan.
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
April 26 2011 18:01 GMT
#274
On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
This is a semi-closed setup. Some Roles and their abilities will be disclosed, however role counts will not be. There is at least one of every Roles below. There may be other Roles not listed.
:3
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 26 2011 18:01 GMT
#275
On April 27 2011 02:55 Impervious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 02:40 Ace wrote:
On April 27 2011 02:37 Impervious wrote:
Ok, between this "secret plan", this recent slipup, and defending someone who is currently suspicious, is anyone else getting a weird vibe from Ace?


what is he suspicious of? Saying he might role claim? That isn't a suspicious action at all. You guys are looking for things that aren't there.

If someone says hey I have a pretty good role/strange role/interesting role and I might claim then show me how that is scummy behavior.

Well, unless we get some kind of confirmation that there are indeed roles not listed in the OP that are in play, his actions are definitely suspicious. Nobody in either of the two blue roles would even dream of bringing that much attention to themselves at this point in the game.

Also, I await the revealing of your plan.



On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
[center]ROLES

This is a semi-closed setup. Some Roles and their abilities will be disclosed, however role counts will not be. There is at least one of every Roles below. There may be other Roles not listed.



The OP makes it quite clear that the possibility exists.

Still waiting on more people to post. Really need more activity before I reveal my plan.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
April 26 2011 18:10 GMT
#276
On April 27 2011 02:52 Ace wrote:
Jackal care to explain yourself when you quoted that post?

Explain myself for quoting what post?

Would you care to explain your Cell Leader exercise?
Life can only kill you once.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
April 26 2011 18:11 GMT
#277
Did you conveniently forget to read the post right above you?
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 26 2011 18:12 GMT
#278
On April 27 2011 02:43 tnkted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 02:23 Zorkmid wrote:
On April 27 2011 02:20 darmousseh wrote:
On April 27 2011 02:13 Zorkmid wrote:
EBWOP:
Another thought Maybe Tkdted is seeking the protection of a possible medic role?


It's pretty obvious what he is, but apparently calling out people when they make themselves too obvious to the mafia is frowned upon. People need to stop making so many tells, seriously.


Not obvious to me. I think that the only roles that qualify as "weird" by definition would be the ones unspecified in the OP.


It's not specified in the OP. Now can we please stop talking about this? I'll claim day2 if you people are seriously so freaked out. Yes, we're freaked out over it. Especially since I'm not aware of any non-listed roles at the moment. And that's not a good thing, because its also possible that the Reds have unlisted roles/abilities as well..... So I'd like to find out one way or another.

And yes, zork, it should be extremely obvious what I am and why I'm acting this way. NO MORE CLUES.

You guys are spelling my name wrong btw, its TNK not TDK lol.

Now, as for my vote: it's Impervious

He's had almost nothing but one liners.

Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 08:19 Impervious wrote:
On April 26 2011 08:14 Kenpachi wrote:
oh ya. do you guys think its funny how Mafia may vote the most protown role to kill which may force Sleeper Cell People to not contribute as much?

It's not funny, its smart play by them.


Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 07:55 Impervious wrote:
I thought pretty hard about how I'd play each of the positions before the game actually started.....


Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 08:17 Impervious wrote:
On April 26 2011 08:06 Ace wrote:
Happy Birthday Wiggles.

Impervious can you list your 3 players?

I did.
On April 25 2011 22:46 Impervious wrote:
On April 25 2011 22:39 GMarshal wrote:
I like that question, I'll take the first shot at answering it.

Now, I'm assuming one person is receiving the message.

1.) Ace- "I'm the pardoner from XXXVIII": with a veteran player like Ace I would be trying to get as much information to him as possible, information is power and even with only a little bit of it I'm sure he could get stuff done

2.) Mr. Wiggles - " mafia will post 'serial killer' " or some other breadcrumb that would allow me to reveal myself to him and then the rest of the team. I might think of a more clever breadcrumb than that, and if it were clever enough I might use it for ace instead.

3.) why- same as for wiggles, as a veteran player both of them are people I could count on to work it into their regular posts without worrying too much about them messing up.

Nothing against you, but I haven't played or checked out a game where why has played. I would have put you in the 3rd spot.



Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 07:48 Impervious wrote:
Oh, and I can think of a way of letting them know who the GF at the same time.....


Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 07:45 Impervious wrote:
On April 26 2011 05:36 GMarshal wrote:
God dammit, I figured out what sand was getting at. He is right, it can be done, the whole mafia team can be informed of who the other members are, in my method they won't find out who the GF is but they *will* know who the entire team is. I *think* its doable in five words too, assuming the team consists of five members or less.

Assume that by night 3 the whole mafia team will be aware of the other members are.

Time to work on lynching people I guess. Mr.Wiggles, have you figured out why my vote is on you yet?

It is doable in 5 words..... Regardless of how many members are on the team.....


Oneliners. Every time. Then he has this gem, reiterating an excuse already given by several people for inactivity: Yes, because oneliners are definitely a scumtell.....
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2011 09:33 Impervious wrote:
I don't see any real info yet either.....

Btw, in case you guys are watching how people behave/how often they post - I have an exam on Wednesday, and I'm in the middle of moving from one place to another, so my posting may be erratic, without actually being caused by any game changing information that I may come across.....


Several other people had brought this excuse up already. Wiggles, for example. Trying to blend in? Isnt it better to claim this shit ahead of time, rather than claim it after the fact? Or would you rather discover my behavior changes after a couple of days, and then I claim both the move and the exams as excuses for it?

If it would have been better to claim it after the fact, then I guess I'll do that next time I play a game of Mafia.


Then we get an actual post of substance:

Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 22:38 Impervious wrote:
Guys, this talk about breadcrumbing is nice and all, but I don't see it going much further at the moment. We should probably wait a while before bringing this up, so we can catch a slip up. Especially if they are trying to hide their posting in the thread.

I think we should talk about the pros and cons of of double-checking anyone who gets the result of "insufficient analysis", to make it easier on the DT.

The pros of double checking are that you are more sure of the result. The cons are that you could be checking someone else instead, therefore checking more people. I really think the cons outweigh the pros in this case.

Thoughts?

Now, I agree with not focusing on breadcrumbing this game, because its almost impossible for us to catch scum at it. But this post talks about doublechecking people. Now this isn't a scumtell in and of itself, but what is interesting is that he steals the entire content of his post from two other players: I thought both were important things to do.

If we're going to try to outsmart the people with red roles, then we need to catch them before their plan (whatever it is) is fully formed..... By giving away the methods we'd expect them to use, they'll know what to avoid doing..... Frankly, it was really dumb to go so in-depth on that subject.

And making sure the DT knows what he should be doing is always going to be a good thing. I'm not sure if what you initially said was a major blunder, and you're simply trying to cover it up, or if you genuinely have a non-disclosed role. Part of me wants to actually lynch you tonight, to confirm it either way (seeing as you'll probably be a top target for the mafia). Of course, this could bite us in the ass if you really do have a useful role for the town. And I don't want to waste a check on you to find out either way.


First, Sandroba saying "talking breadcrumbs is a waste of time."
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 21:41 sandroba wrote:
I think this discussion about breadcrumbs is not productive at all, specially if you reveal your strategy before you put it in practice. Doing what you are suggesting is going to make scumhunting more difficult imo. Also I don't think that's the way mafia is going to identify each other, as there are several other more obvious ways I can think of.


Then vain suggesting doublechecks.
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2011 11:41 Vain wrote:
On April 25 2011 11:38 Jackal58 wrote:
Well Gman. Since it appears that only you and I are playing and I know what I am huge fos on you.
In other words I'm going to bed.


Hey, i'm still here too. Am going to bed now BECAUSE ITS 5 AM HERE

btw, maby dt's should double check if they get that not info sufficient thingy if they have enough time and the player looks trusted. oh well, we'll see how it plays out. Goodnight!


Convinced? I am, at least enough for a day1 lynch.

#vote Impervious


If that's what it takes to convince you, we're going to have serious problems later on in the game.....
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
April 26 2011 18:15 GMT
#279
On April 27 2011 03:01 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 02:55 Impervious wrote:
On April 27 2011 02:40 Ace wrote:
On April 27 2011 02:37 Impervious wrote:
Ok, between this "secret plan", this recent slipup, and defending someone who is currently suspicious, is anyone else getting a weird vibe from Ace?


what is he suspicious of? Saying he might role claim? That isn't a suspicious action at all. You guys are looking for things that aren't there.

If someone says hey I have a pretty good role/strange role/interesting role and I might claim then show me how that is scummy behavior.

Well, unless we get some kind of confirmation that there are indeed roles not listed in the OP that are in play, his actions are definitely suspicious. Nobody in either of the two blue roles would even dream of bringing that much attention to themselves at this point in the game.

Also, I await the revealing of your plan.



Show nested quote +
On April 08 2011 14:51 iGrok wrote:
[center]ROLES

This is a semi-closed setup. Some Roles and their abilities will be disclosed, however role counts will not be. There is at least one of every Roles below. There may be other Roles not listed.



The OP makes it quite clear that the possibility exists.

Still waiting on more people to post. Really need more activity before I reveal my plan.

And if he had one such role, I can't think of any role that would be worthwhile revealing so early in the game, unless it was immune to night kills.....

Drawing attention to yourself? Maybe. Actually wanting to reveal? Nope.

Also, how often to mafia games have 100% activity? There always seem to be a few who lurk a little too much.....
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
April 26 2011 18:17 GMT
#280
Strategy to make the DTs waste checks on you perhaps?
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings43
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 156
SpeCial 77
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 689
910 59
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm101
League of Legends
Doublelift2889
Other Games
summit1g8386
shahzam606
C9.Mang0305
JimRising 234
PiGStarcraft213
Maynarde117
Liquid`Ken10
Vindicta6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• musti20045 35
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP33
• davetesta13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21589
Other Games
• imaqtpie714
• Shiphtur209
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.