• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:19
CEST 12:19
KST 19:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9249 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 67

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 273 Next
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
March 26 2011 04:54 GMT
#1321
Actually, its alignment PM that I refer to in my posts. All the role PMs are different.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 26 2011 04:55 GMT
#1322
On March 26 2011 13:48 Insanious wrote:
Btw, just to side with Bum... I am not a fan of tricking the scum like this. I want to win through scum hunting, and them slipping up, not by LSB/Kita giving people different alignment PMs. I'm not going to ruin your plan, but I still want to come out and say that it just doesn't feel right (not in the, this might be a scum plan, way... but in the I morally object to it way.) but if LSB and Kita says its ok...


I agree with this but I also agree with tnkt's use everything possible attitude. If the hosts say we can use it, lets use it. Even if doesn't work the way it's intended to, it's getting a lot of responses (like OriginalName's that are...interesting to say the least)
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
kevconsim
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
March 26 2011 04:56 GMT
#1323
On March 26 2011 13:51 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 13:45 tnkted wrote:
and uh, FOS JACKAL

Really? Because i haven't got a clue wtf you're on about? I can't link my role PM from Kita but if LSB allows I'll copy and paste it.
Honestly I have no idea what you are looking for.
Sit tight your role is coming. And a link. I didn't get a role I got an item. Wtf do you want from me breadcrumb man?



The real way to put FOS on Jackal is to put it in your sig so that no one notices but him.
Just to let you know that if you read really slow that you are in fact reading this beautifully written quote you will have totally wasted like 10 seconds of your life.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 26 2011 04:56 GMT
#1324
On March 26 2011 13:47 Lemonwalrus wrote:
I think jackal is drunk

this pleases me

gun toting drunk guy pew-pewing scum without giving a single shit about his own well being.

This will be entertainment of the highest caliber.

I am. And I'm going to bed. I'm soon to post things Qatol has informed me are bad juju for mafia players.
So rather than making an ass out of myself my drunken ass is going to go flame people on another forum where I can get away with it and finish my beer.

Bum please consider my post and let me know whether I'm dead or not.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 26 2011 04:58 GMT
#1325
On March 26 2011 13:54 tnkted wrote:
Actually, its alignment PM that I refer to in my posts. All the role PMs are different.

Well that's a big freakin difference there isn't it Pilgrim.
Life can only kill you once.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 26 2011 04:59 GMT
#1326
Good night.
Life can only kill you once.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 26 2011 05:02 GMT
#1327
OK i'm up and ready for action. I've FINALLY reread all the new posts and I have to say i'm decidedly peeved…

First things first - ##Vote BumAtLarge

If there haven't been ccs up until now Blue is fail and not doing their Job.

I also want to clear up this 'stay away from noobs' issue. Yes, I can confirm this is my first Forum Mafia game. And no i'm not new to mafia - i've played on EpicMafia for about a month. I do NOT wish to be given any preferential treatment. If you would lynch me as a veteran player than lynch me now. I won't be put off playing in the forums simply cos I died n1. This is important to the game and if I need to be cleared that way for town to win I AM FINE WITH IT. I will however be put off playing if the reason I am lynched is due to moronic strategy...


The next point to address is of course Jackals unfounded, undefended decision to tunnel me at all costs.

To start with apparently he has 4/6 consensus that I am scum. On it's face we all know that there are 2 scum in the IG circle. So a realistic possibility is that 2 of these 4 are scum and are trying to get anyone lynched but themselves. As i AM green this is highly likely and so we're relying on a consensus that is likely 50% scum. HOW is that consensus??

More to the point he made it clear there was someone who was against lynching me. As I think we can all agree red and black have NO REASON to work together IG as then green knows who to lynch. Because of this we won't see any teamwork except from green. From that reasoning if anyone is defending me IG it's because they're almost certainly green. So an almost certain green believes me to be town and a 50% scum 'team' say i'm scum...

Next I had only PMd ONE person before going to be last night. I told that person that we have an opportunity to work together because they gave me green vibes in the thread. I made a CLEAR condition however - I would only work together once I had somehow cleared them AND they had cleared me. That is to say I don't work with people that I haven't cleared but I also don't work with people that im not sure have cleared me. For the obvious reason that it doesn't make sense to work with me if im not clear to you.

Seeing as I only spoke with 1 person this item game team has decided i'm scum WITHOUT EVEN TALKING TO ME. Jackal, coag, etc. have PMd only today while i've been catching up on the thread to find this unbelievably wild accusation

When I finally PMd jackal the only thing he had to say was:
You scum. Dunno if it's black or red but you scum.


This isn't even scumhunting… This is complete tunneling based on no information. Jackal isn't even interested in hearing my defense, he just heard from some other players and said 'Well that's decided then...'

Another point - Jackal seems to feel that his plan is auto-win on the IG… Notice how we're getting all kinds of wild suggestions such as lynching all IG players:
Beneather Canada. March 26 2011 11:45. Posts 383

I think we should just lynch all the IG players (: Bound to get some scum players then and we won't have to worry about items making Mafia win.. So killing all the IG players will probrably help us more than it's going to hurt us..

What kind of strategy is this? I surely expect stronger play than this in this game.

A lot of Jackals 'strong' scumhunting abilities have been mentioned. For reasons I listed above this consensus is not a strong tell of who is or isn't scum. Also his abilities are in question with the simple fact that there's a 33% chance of him BEING scum…

Note how in the thread previously the only person to FOS me has been coagulation:
Coagulation United States. March 26 2011 05:18. Posts 4498

PEOPLE LOVE LIST'S
1. RebirthOfLeGenD
2. Jackal58
3. OriginalName
4. Kenpachi
5. deconduo
6. Kavdragon
7. darmousseh
8. bumatlarge
9. GMarshal
10. Coagulation
11. orgolove
12. chaoser
13. Meapak_Ziphh
14. annul
15. kevconsim
16. Mr. Wiggles
17. CubEdIn
18. GGQ
19. ilovejonn
20. Amber[LighT]
21. BrownBear
22. Lemonwalrus
23. Rean
24. tnkted
25. Tackster
26. Lanaia
27. iGrok
28. Beneather
29. Insanious
30. Eiii


Coagulation supplied NO evidence or support for his claim. As I was unfortunately sleeping which is required of me by the fact that I'm human I haven't been able to adress this until now which is in fact when he has obviously used this baseless FOS to influence jackal as well…

If we're outing PMs such as coag did above then I firstly want to mention:
Why would I try and defend myself to someone that could be scum? Surely I don't want to leak who I believe the other greens are to a possible red/black? And surely I can't retaliate until I know what has been said about me. Coagulation you're entire manifesto against me has NO foundation.

There has been other stuff in the thread that I find we need to be wary of but unfortunately now I'm busy having to defend myself.. More to follow
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 26 2011 05:02 GMT
#1328
On March 26 2011 13:44 tnkted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 13:36 bumatlarge wrote:
Yeah comparing PMs seems like a dishonest way to trick mafia. Thats not really how I want to win. If LSB is allowing breadcrumbs to how your PMs are worded or words in them, then I think he knows this is going to fuck up your plan.

In fact, I'm sure of it. If determining mafia was as easy as that I would not be playing the game.


Um, I don't think I'm voting you for mayor anymore. I talked with LSB about this plan BEFORE I POSTED IT and he didn't have a problem with it at all. Kita did at first, but he talked to LSB and they gave me the go ahead.

This plan wouldn't work at all if it wasn't for the item game, where we can be certain that there aren't any blues. So its not unfair at all IMO; its a tactical play that can only work in a certain place.

LSB said it himself. Anything goes in this game, its insane mafia. And I want a mayor who wants to win, one who is willing to take any advantage he/she can get.

But since you're likely to be elected anyway, I hope this little stunt helped you in some small way. If it helps at all, I consider annul, coag, lemonwalrus, and insanious all to be clean because of this plan, but I might be biased because I came up with it.


Alright, if LSB thinks it's fair then go for it. But just be wary, if it is a method that let's you catch scum without scum being given the means to defend against it, it will fail. I can guarantee you that.

I trust most of the IG players to be able to see this anyway, so I'd love to hear what you guys come up with. You seem to be heavily invested in this, so if it fails for some reason, You'll lose a lot of respect. Just throwing that out there. Guarantee RoL and Kav will agree with me.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 26 2011 05:05 GMT
#1329
On March 26 2011 13:56 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 13:47 Lemonwalrus wrote:
I think jackal is drunk

this pleases me

gun toting drunk guy pew-pewing scum without giving a single shit about his own well being.

This will be entertainment of the highest caliber.

I am. And I'm going to bed. I'm soon to post things Qatol has informed me are bad juju for mafia players.
So rather than making an ass out of myself my drunken ass is going to go flame people on another forum where I can get away with it and finish my beer.

Bum please consider my post and let me know whether I'm dead or not.


If I killed you because you were drunk in mafia, I'd be a massive hypocrite. You probably should trust the other IG players if they think you are town.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 26 2011 05:06 GMT
#1330
So an almost certain green believes me to be town and a 50% scum 'team' say i'm scum...


That person was annul btw I think Jackal mentioned
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 26 2011 05:07 GMT
#1331
i never told jackal that i thought tackster was a green

i never told jackal i thought tackster was a red or black either.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 26 2011 05:08 GMT
#1332
in fact the only thing mentioned about tackster was that he appeared inactive
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 26 2011 05:09 GMT
#1333
Ok, I miss read it, he said you thought someone else was red/back, my bad. And I don't really think Tack is inactive, his posts have been pretty long and townie in my opinion
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 26 2011 05:09 GMT
#1334
FMPOV there has been nothing going on with the IG circle.

What I mean is there is NOTHING to do with it in the quicktopics and I have not had ANY strategic talk through PMs.

Basically if anything has been happening in the PM circle it's that a group of people have been deciding im scum behind my back without even talking to me. Now the scum have a strong interest in persuading the PM to be anti-green so the scum are having a great time seeding doubt while i'm the kid in the corner no one wants to play with...

This thread is the only one where I seem to have any say. You guys who are so ready to FOS me PM me and dont rely entirely on people in the IG that can be scum ffs...
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 26 2011 05:14 GMT
#1335
hey tackster

maybe you want to reply to my PMs and maybe then you will get the strategic play you seek ;(
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 26 2011 05:19 GMT
#1336
Let me say it now, I don't think Tackster is scum, almost every one of his posts smacks of town play to me. His first post was a model newbie post, I want to frame it on the forums so new players have an idea of what an impactful first post for a new player looks like, he's consistently given opinions and thoughts, and frankly the unwillingness of the items game people to give real arguments is starting to be annoying.

Frankly my scumhunting sucks, but I don't think I'm wrong this time. (if you flip black/red Tackster I'll be pissed as hell)

The breadcrumbing from tnkted seems to me like an awesome plan, however it seems inherently unjust, like comparing PM times to figure out roles, which makes me assume all alignment pms are not exactly the same. Still its a clever and pro town plan, kudos for coming up with it, in the future I suggest mods include a sample town alignment PM in the OP to avoid the possibility of this type of play. Either way we have a couple of semi confirmed townies.

Also inactives, don't think I'm forgetting about you, I'm coming for you and you *will* die if you don't post more

Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 26 2011 05:20 GMT
#1337
I said frankly twice, I should proofread more T.T
Moderator
Tackster
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland429 Posts
March 26 2011 05:22 GMT
#1338
Hey annul I PMd you...

So far annul is the only person I've really spoken with. And we aren't exactly BFFs....
Tackster: Can you give me a synonym of flammable? Deconduo: Inflammable...
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 26 2011 05:23 GMT
#1339
i see it, and i replied
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 26 2011 05:23 GMT
#1340
Annul has no BFFs
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM438
IndyStarCraft 49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 402
Lowko192
IndyStarCraft 49
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 3652
Stork 2513
Horang2 412
Jaedong 385
Soulkey 380
Zeus 369
Larva 265
Mini 244
Soma 220
BeSt 155
[ Show more ]
sorry 81
Mind 72
ZerO 65
Hyun 57
Pusan 56
Sexy 53
Last 42
Shinee 32
soO 32
scan(afreeca) 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Sacsri 10
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe311
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Other Games
gofns37259
singsing1965
Coldzera 692
Happy329
byalli232
Pyrionflax210
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• StrangeGG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV284
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Jankos3463
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 41m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 41m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.