• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:07
CEST 18:07
KST 01:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10585 users

TL Mafia XXXVII - Page 38

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 129 Next
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
February 24 2011 22:58 GMT
#741
LSB: Storytime! Why Annul was an easy read in XXXV
1) He mad up stuff and pushed stuff that didn't exist
Check, this game he's pushing GMarshal, saying GMarshal is clear mafia, although there is literally nothing in his accusation
2) Besides responses, he posted nothing else
Look at Annul's posts. How many of his posts deal with things other than Gmarshal or defending himself? I can't find any.


Looked over Annul's posts:
1) He posts are generally short and don't have much content to them. I do find Annul saying Gmarshall is mafia based only on his circle thing is not convincing.

2) This is the part I disagree. Annul did what most people will do in this situation. He attacked someone whom he believe is mafia and defended himself when he was in huge danger of being lynched. If he didn't go after someone, ok... since not everyone got a mafia read on day1. And his defense on himself is normal behavior.

To determine if he is really mafia, you have to look at the time when he felt pressured and tried to redirect the lynch to another person (Gmarshall in this case) and if there are any support from others. People did pointed out Gmarshall's circle thing is a horrible idea but no one voted for him after Annul's switch.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
February 24 2011 23:03 GMT
#742
##Vote Annul

I'm not entirely convinced he is scum, and this vote may change before the deadline. As it is though, lynching annul will clear up the thread a bit and make it easier to find scum.

I honestly think between GMarshal and Gryf, one is probably scum. I'm suspicious of both right now, gryf for pushing bad ideas and being wishy-washy, and GMarshal for the timing of his analysis on annul.
you gotta dance
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
February 24 2011 23:09 GMT
#743
ANNUL, can you response to some critical posts toward you and don't use one liner responses because one liner responses are hard to read alignment.
kevconsim
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
February 24 2011 23:27 GMT
#744
##Unvote

Vote Annul

I feel like either iceman or Annul are good choices and i think that Annul is being to agressive right now and i dont like that.
Just to let you know that if you read really slow that you are in fact reading this beautifully written quote you will have totally wasted like 10 seconds of your life.
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
February 24 2011 23:33 GMT
#745
On February 25 2011 08:27 kevconsim wrote:
##Unvote

Vote Annul

I feel like either iceman or Annul are good choices and i think that Annul is being to agressive right now and i dont like that.


You don't like aggressive players :O! So like do you want everyone to be all lovey dovey and not attack or try to put a FoS on somebody you want everyone to do NOTHING?! I have not heard anything from you but bandwagoning... No but like you've posted absolutely nothing not even a reason for your vote. Can we atleast get an explanation why you don't like annul's aggressiveness?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
February 24 2011 23:55 GMT
#746
##vote: Kenpachi
im busy today sorry
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
kevconsim
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
February 25 2011 00:03 GMT
#747
If you have read the thread i have discussed why i think Iceman is a good choice.

Annul's posts a lot and he doesnt say much while trying to defend himself.
I feel he is the best choice.

I think it is funny that you are asking me questions about bandwagoning when you are bandwagoning.

I have been inactive I really do not know who to vote for so I guess I am going to bandwagon on Icemac.
Just to let you know that if you read really slow that you are in fact reading this beautifully written quote you will have totally wasted like 10 seconds of your life.
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
February 25 2011 00:05 GMT
#748
On February 25 2011 09:03 kevconsim wrote:
If you have read the thread i have discussed why i think Iceman is a good choice.

Annul's posts a lot and he doesnt say much while trying to defend himself.
I feel he is the best choice.

I think it is funny that you are asking me questions about bandwagoning when you are bandwagoning.
Show nested quote +

I have been inactive I really do not know who to vote for so I guess I am going to bandwagon on Icemac.


I was just asking why you were voting for him.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 25 2011 00:15 GMT
#749
If you don't think Annul is scum don't vote for him. Vote off Gryffindors sarcasm.
Life can only kill you once.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
February 25 2011 00:16 GMT
#750
i was afk

what do you want me to say? i think the die is cast, and either way its a bad outcome. town won't listen to me.

Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
February 25 2011 00:17 GMT
#751
role claim annul
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 25 2011 00:18 GMT
#752
Town has no ears.
Life can only kill you once.
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
February 25 2011 00:19 GMT
#753
On February 25 2011 07:36 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 05:08 Barundar wrote:
On February 25 2011 04:32 LSB wrote:
On February 25 2011 03:25 Barundar wrote:
On February 25 2011 03:08 LSB wrote:
On February 24 2011 19:39 Jackal58 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 24 2011 18:33 Barundar wrote:
Morning all, as promised I’ve read up and here is my contribution. As a fair warning it’s a wall of text, first is my general comments on the thread so far, last is my analysis.

First off, goddammit GMarshal, leaking my top suspect. Can’t you hold it in for 1 night? I wanted to see if he would actually post in the evening as he promised, but the weak FoS gave him a chance to defend himself before I got around to post. Well, at least it proved that Jackal58 has great reaction time, despite not talking much.

My thoughts on the thread so far:
GMarshals plan is a lot like what RoL has recommended for PM’s, pick out some random people from the list and start talking to them. While you can’t trust them, you get more to analyse, and it’s easier to catch a mafia slipping up if you have more opinions from them. Just be careful with experienced players, and treat your partners like they are scum. If I was on a scumteam, I would tell my inexperienced teammates to stay out of PM land.

Gryffindor proposes a really silly (in lack of a better word) plan, there is no way of finding guaranteed innocents with GF and framer around, and even if one such could be found, all mafia has to do is gain his trust and make him spill, =dead blues. The only benefit of mass claim to a confirmed townie is the coordination of medic protection and DT checks. It won’t magicly find mafia amongst the non claimers, or identify fake claims.

What gryffindor does do is post a lot, he promotes activity, and he is actually scumhunting. I don’t give much for his lists, but so far his impact has been positive on the town, as long as people don’t stop thinking for themselves.

Regarding annul, you should keep in mind that he opposed GMarshals plan before he (allegedly) got his role PM. Hence I would be very careful with lynching him just for opposing that alone. Other than that agree with Foolishness’ comment, it would be funny if LSB got revenge on annul.

Why has a decent case on icemac, but not certain if icemac is aggressive townie or mafia.

Analysis of Jackal58
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2011 00:47 Jackal58 wrote:
Good day fellow scum hunters. Sorry for the late start but I bowl on Tuesday night.
There are quite a few people in this game that I have never seen before so it's going to take me a bit to wrap my head around everything everybody has said so far.

My thoughts on cells:
Thoroughly undecided. If their only reason for being is analysis keep it in the thread.

I'm at work right now so I might not be able to post as much as I'd like, but I'll be in here this evening.

gryffindor why on earth would you claim vet? I did it in XXXVI to avoid being lynched but man that was pointless. You're making the hair on the back of my neck stand up.


This post is COMPLETELY out of the ordinary for Jackal.

Jackal’s playstyle as town consist of independent opinions, with a tendency to tunnel. His posting style is stubborn and humorous. He rarely posts long posts, and in general just give short statements, but often posts a lot. When he finds scum, he will make it clear for everyone, state his reasons, and keep up pressure on the person. Being stubborn he is very difficult to convince otherwise, once he has found his target(s).

In the above post he differs from his usual play as town in a number of ways.
Show nested quote +
Sorry for the late start but I…
Show nested quote +
… so it's going to take me a bit to wrap my head around everything everybody has said so far.
Show nested quote +
…so I might not be able to post as much as I'd like…

First of all he gives multiple excuses as to his posting straight away. This is unlike his other games, even in his first game in mafia xxxv he didn’t feel the need to excuse his inexperience without being called out for it. As I said above, Jackal is an independent player, he doesn’t care much if people accuse him, town yells at him or if the things he sais comes off in the wrong way. Him apologising like this upfront, without anyone even calling him out is unusual.

If you a read Ver’s guide to improving at mafia, it’s not natural for a green mindset to apologise and appear useless, since it will make other players pay less attention to what they have to say. It is however entirely within the mindset of a mafia, who just want to make a post noone cares about, and let the town fight with itself instead.

He apologies for posting less, but in normal games his many first posts are just one liners, this one is a lengthy one for him. By sheer size it should be an improvement for him, but what does it really contain?
Show nested quote +
My thoughts on cells:
Thoroughly undecided. If their only reason for being is analysis keep it in the thread.

His thoughts are thoroughly undecided. Why even comment then? If this is the reason he felt the need to add to the conversation, then I sincerely expected more. Jackal as town has very strong opinions, and this is just neutral mentioning – he doesn’t improve the plan, he just questions it. Posting without contributing.

Show nested quote +
gryffindor why on earth would you claim vet? I did it in XXXVI to avoid being lynched but man that was pointless. You're making the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

A weak FoS with a relevant question. On one hand it is sort of an opinion, on the other hand it has been posted before. In Guts and Glory he simply quoted Amber[light]’s post and commented “this post ems of scummyness”. Weak FoS isn’t typical Jackal, even if I wouldn’t rule it out. It’s not much to warrant a post like that from him though.

Show nested quote +
I'm at work right now so I might not be able to post as much as I'd like, but I'll be in here this evening.

He promises to post more in the evening. I was holding this analysis back to see if he actually would. As I said in the beginning, this got ruined, but he didn’t post until he got mentioned, and it still proved his reaction time was good. Note that Jackal has been posting from work in his other games, and it hasn’t stopped him from being active.

Other suspicious post:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2011 01:56 Jackal58 wrote:
I have received a PM from GMarshall as well. Whoopee. I will probably even answer him.
But posting quotes and copies of PMs is a very scummy thing to do. You can make them say anything. Please stop.

Sharp reaction to getting PM’ed. Jackal had no problem PM’ing with me in mafia xxxv.

##Vote Jackal58

Actually my style is identical to every other game I've played. Not one of them has me aggressively tunneling anybody in the first day or two. I don't do that until I get a line on somebody.

I'm going to have too agree with Jacakl here, Barundar you are reading too much in one post. Sure, it might be useful in RL mafia trying to pick off tells on how people are phrasing things, but in online mafia, it's a whole different game.
For example, my first post was apologizing that I wouldn't be active, and I'm town. It's not like that apologizing is necessarily a bad thing.

Perhaps I am reading too much into one post. But he isn't doing much to prove me wrong. He puts a nice OMGUS on me, states that I'm part of a scumteam, and then does nothing to scumhunt against me or point out why I would be mafia. He is acting inconsistent with his own scumlist.

Problem isn't that he excused himself. Problem is he held an apologetic tone without contributing much. It makes his post suspecious, and I find it interesting that you don't think it is the least suspecious.

Now he has shown some agression that can be hard to fake, and is quite typical for him. But he is by no means clear of suspecion just beceause he posts an OMGUS list.

I don't find him suspicions because that's how he plays. Jackel58 is known to post an OMGUS list with little/no explanation, but he is scary accurate on the scum. Look at Guts and Glory. Jackel didn't really do much in the game but name 4 people. Of the 4 people, 3 were scum.
If we are going to lynch Jackal, it can't just because of a "maybe" or a "tell". I want proof.

Lol when did Jackal become gods gift to scumhunt? He sheeped after Coag onto GGQ in that game, messing up the Amber lynch. He also had me pegged as mafia in a post. In mini mafia V he tunneled pandain so hard he nearly lost the game for town alone.

I wrote Jackal's playstyle into my post. I don't see you disagreeing with what I wrote there? I also explained why his first post differed from that.

What I am saying is that Jackal wrote two kinds of posts this game. The first is just an apology that he's going to be busy. This is very standard. And the second is his normal fair, not explaining much.

The problem is your argument is this.
1) Jackal isn't posting as usual, so he must be mafia
2) Jackal is posting as usual, so he must be mafia.

You are going to have to pick one of the two. You can't argue both.

As for Jackal58 having good hunches, iirc he wasn't too far off the mark in midgame XXXVI

Show nested quote +
But you want "proof". Can you hand me the proof for annul so I can vote him then?

Look to the post I just did

Yeah I'm looking at it.
He's insisting that we lynch GM. Why? Oh, because of his sudden ascertain that town circles are 'ainti-town' for no reason http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=191888&currentpage=30#581

I fully expected to be linked to an increminating post of his, but instead I got linked to your post, where his reasons are actually listed and you disagreeing with him.

Storytime! Why Annul was an easy read in XXXV
1) He mad up stuff and pushed stuff that didn't exist
Check, this game he's pushing GMarshal, saying GMarshal is clear mafia, although there is literally nothing in his accusation
2) Besides responses, he posted nothing else
Look at Annul's posts. How many of his posts deal with things other than Gmarshal or defending himself? I can't find any.

A storytime? Thats your example of proof?

I see a weak case, and absolutely no opposition to lynching annul, despite him being far ahead, and noone really taking responsability for pushing it. Weak case and no opposition=townie from my experience. There is not even a serius alternative at this point.
Bartundar
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
February 25 2011 00:21 GMT
#754
On February 25 2011 09:17 Coagulation wrote:
role claim annul


obviously not

if i flip its irrelevant, if i dont then claiming is retarded
Ser Aspi
Profile Joined January 2010
France84 Posts
February 25 2011 00:21 GMT
#755
On February 25 2011 08:03 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
##Vote Annul

I'm not entirely convinced he is scum, and this vote may change before the deadline. As it is though, lynching annul will clear up the thread a bit and make it easier to find scum.

I honestly think between GMarshal and Gryf, one is probably scum. I'm suspicious of both right now, gryf for pushing bad ideas and being wishy-washy, and GMarshal for the timing of his analysis on annul.


how nice of you to pop up with this laughably confused post. "not entirely convinced" about annul, huh? Well of ur 10 in game posts (lets compare this to 30 pre-game spam posts now) ur whole agenda has been subtly pushing doubt on aggressive people in general, then proceeding to softly cast doubt on annul. Then you quote gryffindor when he connects annul to GMarshal without adding any insight. What the heck are you trying to do here? Combined with the above quoted post, this is absolutely scummy. If you think one of GMarshal/gryf is scum, why aren't you voting for them? If gryf connected GMarshall and annul, why do you NOT have annul in your "probably scum" pile? if you think lynching annul will clear up the thread, why not vote for gryffindor, who fits both categories of a) spamming up the thread, and b) you think is "probably scum"? Your logic reaks of scum. Burn the witch.

##Unvote
Vote## Mr. Wiggles
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 25 2011 00:23 GMT
#756
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 25 2011 09:19 Barundar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 07:36 LSB wrote:
On February 25 2011 05:08 Barundar wrote:
On February 25 2011 04:32 LSB wrote:
On February 25 2011 03:25 Barundar wrote:
On February 25 2011 03:08 LSB wrote:
On February 24 2011 19:39 Jackal58 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 24 2011 18:33 Barundar wrote:
Morning all, as promised I’ve read up and here is my contribution. As a fair warning it’s a wall of text, first is my general comments on the thread so far, last is my analysis.

First off, goddammit GMarshal, leaking my top suspect. Can’t you hold it in for 1 night? I wanted to see if he would actually post in the evening as he promised, but the weak FoS gave him a chance to defend himself before I got around to post. Well, at least it proved that Jackal58 has great reaction time, despite not talking much.

My thoughts on the thread so far:
GMarshals plan is a lot like what RoL has recommended for PM’s, pick out some random people from the list and start talking to them. While you can’t trust them, you get more to analyse, and it’s easier to catch a mafia slipping up if you have more opinions from them. Just be careful with experienced players, and treat your partners like they are scum. If I was on a scumteam, I would tell my inexperienced teammates to stay out of PM land.

Gryffindor proposes a really silly (in lack of a better word) plan, there is no way of finding guaranteed innocents with GF and framer around, and even if one such could be found, all mafia has to do is gain his trust and make him spill, =dead blues. The only benefit of mass claim to a confirmed townie is the coordination of medic protection and DT checks. It won’t magicly find mafia amongst the non claimers, or identify fake claims.

What gryffindor does do is post a lot, he promotes activity, and he is actually scumhunting. I don’t give much for his lists, but so far his impact has been positive on the town, as long as people don’t stop thinking for themselves.

Regarding annul, you should keep in mind that he opposed GMarshals plan before he (allegedly) got his role PM. Hence I would be very careful with lynching him just for opposing that alone. Other than that agree with Foolishness’ comment, it would be funny if LSB got revenge on annul.

Why has a decent case on icemac, but not certain if icemac is aggressive townie or mafia.

Analysis of Jackal58
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2011 00:47 Jackal58 wrote:
Good day fellow scum hunters. Sorry for the late start but I bowl on Tuesday night.
There are quite a few people in this game that I have never seen before so it's going to take me a bit to wrap my head around everything everybody has said so far.

My thoughts on cells:
Thoroughly undecided. If their only reason for being is analysis keep it in the thread.

I'm at work right now so I might not be able to post as much as I'd like, but I'll be in here this evening.

gryffindor why on earth would you claim vet? I did it in XXXVI to avoid being lynched but man that was pointless. You're making the hair on the back of my neck stand up.


This post is COMPLETELY out of the ordinary for Jackal.

Jackal’s playstyle as town consist of independent opinions, with a tendency to tunnel. His posting style is stubborn and humorous. He rarely posts long posts, and in general just give short statements, but often posts a lot. When he finds scum, he will make it clear for everyone, state his reasons, and keep up pressure on the person. Being stubborn he is very difficult to convince otherwise, once he has found his target(s).

In the above post he differs from his usual play as town in a number of ways.
Show nested quote +
Sorry for the late start but I…
Show nested quote +
… so it's going to take me a bit to wrap my head around everything everybody has said so far.
Show nested quote +
…so I might not be able to post as much as I'd like…

First of all he gives multiple excuses as to his posting straight away. This is unlike his other games, even in his first game in mafia xxxv he didn’t feel the need to excuse his inexperience without being called out for it. As I said above, Jackal is an independent player, he doesn’t care much if people accuse him, town yells at him or if the things he sais comes off in the wrong way. Him apologising like this upfront, without anyone even calling him out is unusual.

If you a read Ver’s guide to improving at mafia, it’s not natural for a green mindset to apologise and appear useless, since it will make other players pay less attention to what they have to say. It is however entirely within the mindset of a mafia, who just want to make a post noone cares about, and let the town fight with itself instead.

He apologies for posting less, but in normal games his many first posts are just one liners, this one is a lengthy one for him. By sheer size it should be an improvement for him, but what does it really contain?
Show nested quote +
My thoughts on cells:
Thoroughly undecided. If their only reason for being is analysis keep it in the thread.

His thoughts are thoroughly undecided. Why even comment then? If this is the reason he felt the need to add to the conversation, then I sincerely expected more. Jackal as town has very strong opinions, and this is just neutral mentioning – he doesn’t improve the plan, he just questions it. Posting without contributing.

Show nested quote +
gryffindor why on earth would you claim vet? I did it in XXXVI to avoid being lynched but man that was pointless. You're making the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

A weak FoS with a relevant question. On one hand it is sort of an opinion, on the other hand it has been posted before. In Guts and Glory he simply quoted Amber[light]’s post and commented “this post ems of scummyness”. Weak FoS isn’t typical Jackal, even if I wouldn’t rule it out. It’s not much to warrant a post like that from him though.

Show nested quote +
I'm at work right now so I might not be able to post as much as I'd like, but I'll be in here this evening.

He promises to post more in the evening. I was holding this analysis back to see if he actually would. As I said in the beginning, this got ruined, but he didn’t post until he got mentioned, and it still proved his reaction time was good. Note that Jackal has been posting from work in his other games, and it hasn’t stopped him from being active.

Other suspicious post:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2011 01:56 Jackal58 wrote:
I have received a PM from GMarshall as well. Whoopee. I will probably even answer him.
But posting quotes and copies of PMs is a very scummy thing to do. You can make them say anything. Please stop.

Sharp reaction to getting PM’ed. Jackal had no problem PM’ing with me in mafia xxxv.

##Vote Jackal58

Actually my style is identical to every other game I've played. Not one of them has me aggressively tunneling anybody in the first day or two. I don't do that until I get a line on somebody.

I'm going to have too agree with Jacakl here, Barundar you are reading too much in one post. Sure, it might be useful in RL mafia trying to pick off tells on how people are phrasing things, but in online mafia, it's a whole different game.
For example, my first post was apologizing that I wouldn't be active, and I'm town. It's not like that apologizing is necessarily a bad thing.

Perhaps I am reading too much into one post. But he isn't doing much to prove me wrong. He puts a nice OMGUS on me, states that I'm part of a scumteam, and then does nothing to scumhunt against me or point out why I would be mafia. He is acting inconsistent with his own scumlist.

Problem isn't that he excused himself. Problem is he held an apologetic tone without contributing much. It makes his post suspecious, and I find it interesting that you don't think it is the least suspecious.

Now he has shown some agression that can be hard to fake, and is quite typical for him. But he is by no means clear of suspecion just beceause he posts an OMGUS list.

I don't find him suspicions because that's how he plays. Jackel58 is known to post an OMGUS list with little/no explanation, but he is scary accurate on the scum. Look at Guts and Glory. Jackel didn't really do much in the game but name 4 people. Of the 4 people, 3 were scum.
If we are going to lynch Jackal, it can't just because of a "maybe" or a "tell". I want proof.

Lol when did Jackal become gods gift to scumhunt? He sheeped after Coag onto GGQ in that game, messing up the Amber lynch. He also had me pegged as mafia in a post. In mini mafia V he tunneled pandain so hard he nearly lost the game for town alone.

I wrote Jackal's playstyle into my post. I don't see you disagreeing with what I wrote there? I also explained why his first post differed from that.

What I am saying is that Jackal wrote two kinds of posts this game. The first is just an apology that he's going to be busy. This is very standard. And the second is his normal fair, not explaining much.

The problem is your argument is this.
1) Jackal isn't posting as usual, so he must be mafia
2) Jackal is posting as usual, so he must be mafia.

You are going to have to pick one of the two. You can't argue both.

As for Jackal58 having good hunches, iirc he wasn't too far off the mark in midgame XXXVI

But you want "proof". Can you hand me the proof for annul so I can vote him then?

Look to the post I just did

Yeah I'm looking at it.
Show nested quote +
He's insisting that we lynch GM. Why? Oh, because of his sudden ascertain that town circles are 'ainti-town' for no reason http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=191888&currentpage=30#581

I fully expected to be linked to an increminating post of his, but instead I got linked to your post, where his reasons are actually listed and you disagreeing with him.

Show nested quote +
Storytime! Why Annul was an easy read in XXXV
1) He mad up stuff and pushed stuff that didn't exist
Check, this game he's pushing GMarshal, saying GMarshal is clear mafia, although there is literally nothing in his accusation
2) Besides responses, he posted nothing else
Look at Annul's posts. How many of his posts deal with things other than Gmarshal or defending himself? I can't find any.

A storytime? Thats your example of proof?

I see a weak case, and absolutely no opposition to lynching annul, despite him being far ahead, and noone really taking responsability for pushing it. Weak case and no opposition=townie from my experience. There is not even a serius alternative at this point.

Of course there is an alternative. Grffandor. He lied. His first post was "I'm Veteran claim to me"
He's nuts and a liar. Either way he flips it's a plus for town.
Life can only kill you once.
RLTY
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States965 Posts
February 25 2011 00:24 GMT
#757
On February 25 2011 09:21 Ser Aspi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 08:03 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
##Vote Annul

I'm not entirely convinced he is scum, and this vote may change before the deadline. As it is though, lynching annul will clear up the thread a bit and make it easier to find scum.

I honestly think between GMarshal and Gryf, one is probably scum. I'm suspicious of both right now, gryf for pushing bad ideas and being wishy-washy, and GMarshal for the timing of his analysis on annul.


how nice of you to pop up with this laughably confused post. "not entirely convinced" about annul, huh? Well of ur 10 in game posts (lets compare this to 30 pre-game spam posts now) ur whole agenda has been subtly pushing doubt on aggressive people in general, then proceeding to softly cast doubt on annul. Then you quote gryffindor when he connects annul to GMarshal without adding any insight. What the heck are you trying to do here? Combined with the above quoted post, this is absolutely scummy. If you think one of GMarshal/gryf is scum, why aren't you voting for them? If gryf connected GMarshall and annul, why do you NOT have annul in your "probably scum" pile? if you think lynching annul will clear up the thread, why not vote for gryffindor, who fits both categories of a) spamming up the thread, and b) you think is "probably scum"? Your logic reaks of scum. Burn the witch.

##Unvote
Vote## Mr. Wiggles

I like. Also, I hate how me and annul are cast with 100% of the blame for just being active holy shit. I think Ser Aspi is got something here.
##Unvote
Vote## Mr. Wiggles
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 25 2011 01:00 GMT
#758
2 hours til lynch and you guys all shut up. Wtf.
Life can only kill you once.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
February 25 2011 01:04 GMT
#759
i'm here, F5ing occasionally, playing L4D2.

i can't really say anything since it will just be 'OMFG ANNUL IS SO AGGRESSIVE' if i do anything more, so i'll just stay AFK until we see the final vote.
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
February 25 2011 01:12 GMT
#760
Taking vote off of annul; purposed served.

##unvote annul
##vote seraph
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 129 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM756
IndyStarCraft 173
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 756
Reynor 345
ByuN 279
TKL 263
IndyStarCraft 173
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Terrorterran 21
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi1047
Counter-Strike
fl0m4617
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1565
B2W.Neo727
Beastyqt668
Khaldor491
Mlord485
olofmeister385
KnowMe319
crisheroes166
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 13
• Adnapsc2 8
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach19
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV519
League of Legends
• Nemesis3283
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1484
Other Games
• Shiphtur492
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 53m
OSC
6h 53m
Replay Cast
6h 53m
OSC
19h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.