• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:06
CEST 22:06
KST 05:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8658 users

TL Mafia XXXVI - Page 118

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 Next
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
February 11 2011 12:56 GMT
#2341
GG

Well done guys. Only thing I regret is being wrong about Nemesis, sorry
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
February 11 2011 15:50 GMT
#2342
bum - the instant I stopped believing you was when Kav revealed himself to be medic to me and I thought "hold on a second, 3 medics?"

So you would have been screwed either way, it just would have taken slightly longer.

Also, I still stand by my decision to want to lynch LD first over bum - the reason being lowered KP is more important than killing 1 mafia. We had no guarantee LD would work for us (even though he ended up doing so), and killing him ensured he wouldn't kill town. Plus, we could have just said "vigis hit bum tonight" and one of them would have done so.

Ah well, it all worked out in the end
SUNSFANNED
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
February 11 2011 17:40 GMT
#2343
On February 12 2011 00:50 BrownBear wrote:
bum - the instant I stopped believing you was when Kav revealed himself to be medic to me and I thought "hold on a second, 3 medics?"

So you would have been screwed either way, it just would have taken slightly longer.

Also, I still stand by my decision to want to lynch LD first over bum - the reason being lowered KP is more important than killing 1 mafia. We had no guarantee LD would work for us (even though he ended up doing so), and killing him ensured he wouldn't kill town. Plus, we could have just said "vigis hit bum tonight" and one of them would have done so.

Ah well, it all worked out in the end


yeah I'll never stop hitting myself in the head as an objective bystander thinking why a town would trust an SK with nothing to lose
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 17:45:25
February 11 2011 17:45 GMT
#2344
Look at it from the SK view - he's dead either way. Ideally, he'll want to try to last as possible. Look at his 3 options:

If he doesn't go for the night kill, he's dead that night.

If he says he will go for the night kill, but doesn't, he's dead the next day, since the town can't trust him.

If he does go for it, he may prove to be useful another night, and possibly another night, etc. It's a chance for him to stay alive.

It's in his best interest to play along with the town. Unfortunately for him, he became more of a liability to the town during the next day, and, as such, he was done.
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 11 2011 18:08 GMT
#2345
You also forget that he thought that Bum was scum. If you were revealed by the mafia, who were ahead at that point, who would you attack? They just ruined your game, and they are rolling the town, so what better way to get revenge?

That was my reasoning. Plus, I found precedent later in Insane.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 18:14:15
February 11 2011 18:09 GMT
#2346
On February 11 2011 15:59 Barundar wrote:
@Kav, imo I did alot to prove I was town to you, but on the other hand it wasn't really necessary to give me the blue info, so you made the right decission keeping it secret I think.


Haha, yeah. I actually wrote up this letter for Wiggles to give to you in the event of my death last night:

+ Show Spoiler +

Barundar: If you are reading this, I am dead. I believe that you are town. You are probably the most active and helpful townie right now, and that's valuable. There are somethings that I've not told you because I follow ver's philosophy of keeping the town on a need to know basis.

BrownBear is Medic. He calimed medic to me soon after joining the circle. I didn't check the number of blues last night, I checked the # of medics. There were 2. Many people called for GMarshal to be protected that night, and non of them did. If there was a medic out there (Besides BB, who was protecting Wiggles) he would have protected GMarshal. This more or less confirms him as medic.

I asked him to publicly role claim green on the forum. Obviously claiming on the mason forum will be public to any who come in, so it's a terrible idea to put our blue information out there. If you don't claim green there, realize that it paints a bigger target on your head becaues if mafia infiltrate, they will assume you to be blue. Use that how you will.

+ Show Spoiler [Night Actions] +

Kavdragon: Medic
N1: GMarshal
N2: GMarshal
N3: GMarshal
N4: GMarshal
N5: GMarshal (Roleblocked)
N6: BrownBear

BrownBear: Medic
N1: GMarshal
N2: Barundar (Roleblocked)
N3: GMarshal
N4: Mr.Wiggles
N5: Mr.Wiggles
N6: Kavdragon

Mr.Wiggles: Mason
N1: RebirthOfLeGenD
N2: Kavdragon
N3: BrownBear
N4: Barundar
N5: GMarshal
N6: Darmousseh(?)


Obviously use your discression in sharing this information.

Anyways, I've said pleanty already. You're probably moer capable than I am at this game. I just got lucky with the mayor thing. GL.



I really did believe you were town, especially after you got on at 3am to switch your vote.


Right, well, I'm not particularly impressed by my scumbar, but you can see who I pressured in the thread to see who I thought was scum, as i didn't make many lists. Instead, here are all the people I thought were scum, that turned out to be town:

Impervious (Really suspicious, especially after the analysis. Doh.)
Deconduo (Very suspicious, but died before I actually analysed him.)
Zerroth (Kind of suspicious, never more than at least one other person though.)

Barundar gets my vote for MVP for changing my mind about the imperivous lynch. I mis-read the fact that no one was opposing the lynch as more evidence that he was scum. Barundar made me question that, and ultimately is responsible for the vote being switched to DivineK. (BC helped me hash out the logic, and told me that acting that late in the day wasn't a terrible idea if I thought that divinek was scum, so he deserves credit too.)
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
February 11 2011 18:14 GMT
#2347
I kept telling you that I wasn't scum.....
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 11 2011 18:15 GMT
#2348
On February 12 2011 03:14 Impervious wrote:
I kept telling you that I wasn't scum.....


Yeah, I should have known scum would never try that one on me...

Why is your icon stuck on a zergling anyways?
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
February 11 2011 18:16 GMT
#2349
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=121773
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
February 11 2011 18:23 GMT
#2350
Btw - as for my actions - a lot of that "scummy" stuff was intentional. I wanted to try to make sure I wasn't a high priority target for the Mafia to hit, so I can get to the later game. At the same time, I don't want to seem too scummy and get lynched..... I did the exact same thing in the previous Mafia game I played on TL, and I've done that type of behavior in other Mafia games I've played.

I came so fucking close to getting lynched this game..... So I didn't do that good of a job.....
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
February 11 2011 19:05 GMT
#2351
On February 12 2011 00:50 BrownBear wrote:
bum - the instant I stopped believing you was when Kav revealed himself to be medic to me and I thought "hold on a second, 3 medics?"

So you would have been screwed either way, it just would have taken slightly longer.

Also, I still stand by my decision to want to lynch LD first over bum - the reason being lowered KP is more important than killing 1 mafia. We had no guarantee LD would work for us (even though he ended up doing so), and killing him ensured he wouldn't kill town. Plus, we could have just said "vigis hit bum tonight" and one of them would have done so.

Ah well, it all worked out in the end

But mafia even exposed themselves to get me lynched. That means I pose a threat them, so why should town do what mafia wants?
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 19:18:41
February 11 2011 19:16 GMT
#2352
On February 12 2011 02:40 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 00:50 BrownBear wrote:
bum - the instant I stopped believing you was when Kav revealed himself to be medic to me and I thought "hold on a second, 3 medics?"

So you would have been screwed either way, it just would have taken slightly longer.

Also, I still stand by my decision to want to lynch LD first over bum - the reason being lowered KP is more important than killing 1 mafia. We had no guarantee LD would work for us (even though he ended up doing so), and killing him ensured he wouldn't kill town. Plus, we could have just said "vigis hit bum tonight" and one of them would have done so.

Ah well, it all worked out in the end


yeah I'll never stop hitting myself in the head as an objective bystander thinking why a town would trust an SK with nothing to lose

LD had sided with town as SK before (insane I think?). He had tried to hit scum the night before (deconduo). He clearly didn't like getting exposed by mafia. There was some really good reasons to trust him in my opinion.

Barundar gets my vote for MVP for changing my mind about the imperivous lynch. I mis-read the fact that no one was opposing the lynch as more evidence that he was scum.

Meh I didn't get scum lynched, you did. Happy to be of service though
Bartundar
Barundar
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark1582 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 19:27:49
February 11 2011 19:18 GMT
#2353
Sorry for getting you lynched the day after though LD <3
Bartundar
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 11 2011 19:46 GMT
#2354
Agreed. Sorry to LD. Wish I could have done more than lynch your revealer, and murderize all of the people connected to him.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 11 2011 19:47 GMT
#2355
On February 12 2011 03:16 Impervious wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=121773


Huh. I wonder if I can get mine permanently changed to a Nuke icon... =D
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 11 2011 20:11 GMT
#2356
On February 12 2011 04:05 LunarDestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 00:50 BrownBear wrote:
bum - the instant I stopped believing you was when Kav revealed himself to be medic to me and I thought "hold on a second, 3 medics?"

So you would have been screwed either way, it just would have taken slightly longer.

Also, I still stand by my decision to want to lynch LD first over bum - the reason being lowered KP is more important than killing 1 mafia. We had no guarantee LD would work for us (even though he ended up doing so), and killing him ensured he wouldn't kill town. Plus, we could have just said "vigis hit bum tonight" and one of them would have done so.

Ah well, it all worked out in the end

But mafia even exposed themselves to get me lynched. That means I pose a threat them, so why should town do what mafia wants?

I was all for lynching DivineK or Cubed and letting you shoot the other one that night.
Life can only kill you once.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 20:31:04
February 11 2011 20:29 GMT
#2357
On February 12 2011 05:11 Jackal58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 04:05 LunarDestiny wrote:
On February 12 2011 00:50 BrownBear wrote:
bum - the instant I stopped believing you was when Kav revealed himself to be medic to me and I thought "hold on a second, 3 medics?"

So you would have been screwed either way, it just would have taken slightly longer.

Also, I still stand by my decision to want to lynch LD first over bum - the reason being lowered KP is more important than killing 1 mafia. We had no guarantee LD would work for us (even though he ended up doing so), and killing him ensured he wouldn't kill town. Plus, we could have just said "vigis hit bum tonight" and one of them would have done so.

Ah well, it all worked out in the end

But mafia even exposed themselves to get me lynched. That means I pose a threat them, so why should town do what mafia wants?

I was all for lynching DivineK or Cubed and letting you shoot the other one that night.


You were right about Divinek and Cubedin. Hilarious. So congrats on that if it wasn't a lucky guess. You should work on convincing people that you are right. Cause that would have been epic if you had been able to push and kill the last two.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
zerroth
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada173 Posts
February 11 2011 20:39 GMT
#2358
gg. got that beneather clue first Got modkilled on day 6 i think. I got busy and forgot what rl day the game day ended. My bad.
With no power, comes no responsibility.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
February 11 2011 21:15 GMT
#2359
On February 12 2011 02:45 Impervious wrote:
Look at it from the SK view - he's dead either way. Ideally, he'll want to try to last as possible. Look at his 3 options:

If he doesn't go for the night kill, he's dead that night.

If he says he will go for the night kill, but doesn't, he's dead the next day, since the town can't trust him.

If he does go for it, he may prove to be useful another night, and possibly another night, etc. It's a chance for him to stay alive.

It's in his best interest to play along with the town. Unfortunately for him, he became more of a liability to the town during the next day, and, as such, he was done.



there is no best interest, he is dead and nothing will change that. everything else is wifom you can go in circles about what he will and will not do but it is ultimately up to that person because nothing will affect the outcome of their win condition which is loseeeeee
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 11 2011 21:15 GMT
#2360
On February 12 2011 05:29 Kavdragon wrote:
[+ Show Spoiler +
QUOTE]On February 12 2011 05:11 Jackal58 wrote:
On February 12 2011 04:05 LunarDestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 00:50 BrownBear wrote:
bum - the instant I stopped believing you was when Kav revealed himself to be medic to me and I thought "hold on a second, 3 medics?"

So you would have been screwed either way, it just would have taken slightly longer.

Also, I still stand by my decision to want to lynch LD first over bum - the reason being lowered KP is more important than killing 1 mafia. We had no guarantee LD would work for us (even though he ended up doing so), and killing him ensured he wouldn't kill town. Plus, we could have just said "vigis hit bum tonight" and one of them would have done so.

Ah well, it all worked out in the end

But mafia even exposed themselves to get me lynched. That means I pose a threat them, so why should town do what mafia wants?

I was all for lynching DivineK or Cubed and letting you shoot the other one that night.


You were right about Divinek and Cubedin. Hilarious. So congrats on that if it wasn't a lucky guess. You should work on convincing people that you are right. Cause that would have been epic if you had been able to push and kill the last two. [/QUOTE]
When I first poked at Cube I wasn't very sure if he was actually mafia or not. I was just slinging mud so to speak. But then he responded with this:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 05 2011 18:25 CubEdIn wrote:
But one of our scum is.
Indiana Jones. In a cave. With bats. Proclaiming we are all going to die.


Mebbe prove it!
[/QUOTE]
That just screamed scum at me. At that point I was on a mission. You and Barundar would never have looked as hard at him if I didn't keep poking at him.

DivineK I was positive of after we began discussing using LD's kp. He had been posting about once a day til then. Then boom. Then it went back to a post and ghost type of deal. I was much more sure of DivineK than I ever was of Cube. Cube was just a lot more fun to poke.
Life can only kill you once.
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 681
JuggernautJason89
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 654
Shuttle 521
ZZZero.O 126
Zeus 69
Hyun 42
soO 37
Dota 2
qojqva2394
canceldota50
League of Legends
Doublelift1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5414
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4044
Liquid`Hasu718
Other Games
summit1g4672
FrodaN1084
KnowMe333
420jenkins257
ToD204
Pyrionflax198
Livibee171
QueenE61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick661
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• Hupsaiya 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1829
Other Games
• imaqtpie971
• Shiphtur606
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 54m
Patches Events
18h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 54m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.