• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8600 users

TL Mafia XXXVI - Page 119

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 Next
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 11 2011 21:29 GMT
#2361
Yeah I was seriously pissed at that point. Imagine knowing that you're right, but that your reasons are all wrong.
I thought the town would turn against you when I realized the clue on day4 was pointing at papapanda (it was an easy search since we knew who we sent for the kill lol), like they did against me in mini mafia, but when they just ignored all my "counter-proof", and absolutely nobody thought you were scum (even though you were accused of tunneling), I figured it was pointless to argue anymore, and there was no point in trying to kill you either... Although I would have, after Kav, and whine that mafia did that so town will lynch me. And that I would never be stupid enough to do that as mafia.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 11 2011 21:41 GMT
#2362
The Jim Carey gif was great. :p
Life can only kill you once.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 11 2011 22:50 GMT
#2363
On February 12 2011 06:29 CubEdIn wrote:
Yeah I was seriously pissed at that point. Imagine knowing that you're right, but that your reasons are all wrong.
I thought the town would turn against you when I realized the clue on day4 was pointing at papapanda (it was an easy search since we knew who we sent for the kill lol)

It was hilarious that the mafia (and LD) couldn't find the clues that pointed to them, even though we insisted that they were so obvious.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 11 2011 23:51 GMT
#2364
On February 12 2011 07:50 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 06:29 CubEdIn wrote:
Yeah I was seriously pissed at that point. Imagine knowing that you're right, but that your reasons are all wrong.
I thought the town would turn against you when I realized the clue on day4 was pointing at papapanda (it was an easy search since we knew who we sent for the kill lol)

It was hilarious that the mafia (and LD) couldn't find the clues that pointed to them, even though we insisted that they were so obvious.

I still think that movie scene thing is a clue.
Life can only kill you once.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 00:04:10
February 12 2011 00:02 GMT
#2365
such a beauty to the interpretation of clues

also thanks very much for including all the post game info posts under important posts i hate when games dont do that and they need to be hunted for.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 12 2011 00:13 GMT
#2366
I don't know how many hours I spent trying to link you to a clue.
Life can only kill you once.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 12 2011 00:19 GMT
#2367
On February 11 2011 15:51 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
To explain that, let's say I am mafia. I want to get Qatol lynched and write up an analysis on him. But for good measure I also write something on BC. When I attack BC it makes him trust me less and therefore less likely to vote for Qatol like I want him to. This example may seem a little extreme. A more realistic example would be me pushing Qatol, someone else suggesting BC and me shrugging that off and pushing Qatol as the more obvious/important lynch.

Psh. Like I would get lynched as an innocent!
Uff Da
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 12 2011 01:49 GMT
#2368
On February 12 2011 09:19 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2011 15:51 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
To explain that, let's say I am mafia. I want to get Qatol lynched and write up an analysis on him. But for good measure I also write something on BC. When I attack BC it makes him trust me less and therefore less likely to vote for Qatol like I want him to. This example may seem a little extreme. A more realistic example would be me pushing Qatol, someone else suggesting BC and me shrugging that off and pushing Qatol as the more obvious/important lynch.

Psh. Like I would get lynched as an innocent!


^^ Obviously he's implying that he's never innocent. Added to my auto-lynch-day-one list.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 12 2011 05:04 GMT
#2369
On February 12 2011 10:49 Kavdragon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 09:19 Qatol wrote:
On February 11 2011 15:51 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
To explain that, let's say I am mafia. I want to get Qatol lynched and write up an analysis on him. But for good measure I also write something on BC. When I attack BC it makes him trust me less and therefore less likely to vote for Qatol like I want him to. This example may seem a little extreme. A more realistic example would be me pushing Qatol, someone else suggesting BC and me shrugging that off and pushing Qatol as the more obvious/important lynch.

Psh. Like I would get lynched as an innocent!


^^ Obviously he's implying that he's never innocent. Added to my auto-lynch-day-one list.

Actually I've only been mafia once. It was also the only time I've ever been lynched.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
February 12 2011 07:49 GMT
#2370
I remember that game Qatol. I try not to think about it. Was that the game you were flipped as a tricolor mayor being like a townie/mayor/godfather? I think that was a disgusting game from town perspective but we somehow still won iirc? I might be crossing two games.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 12 2011 07:58 GMT
#2371
On February 12 2011 16:49 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
I remember that game Qatol. I try not to think about it. Was that the game you were flipped as a tricolor mayor being like a townie/mayor/godfather? I think that was a disgusting game from town perspective but we somehow still won iirc? I might be crossing two games.

I was mayor/godfather/fake townie, and town was really bad. However, the town did not win. The town only managed to kill 1 mafia member that game (me), and even that took a lot more work than it should have. The town kept trying to make deals with me and lynch other people. I had to admit I was mafia for the town to finally lynch me (I was trying to distract the town from other mafia members on the hot seat).
Uff Da
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
February 12 2011 11:55 GMT
#2372
Just checked the thread. Good job town!
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
February 12 2011 15:17 GMT
#2373
I have a question for you mafia experts. What is the reason/advantage of claiming that you were role blocked? In my short experience it appears most folks that make that claim are lynched shortly after. Or are at least put up as a lynch target.
Life can only kill you once.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
February 12 2011 17:34 GMT
#2374
Well in this game we thought LD wouldn't get informed since rb was unsuccessful.
So we decided (well, bum did) that someone should claim RB so that the town doesn't figure out that that's how we knew LD was SK.

So Barundar did, and then LD was informed of unsuccessful RB.

But yeah, normally, mafia shouldn't have to claim RB, unless they were RBed by town or something. Normally, we could've tried to lynch LD based on clues and such, without letting him know who mafia was. But he was too favored by the town-folk to do that in a reasonable time.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 12 2011 20:48 GMT
#2375
I'd be really interested in coming up with a new way to play scum that doesn't involve being inactive, but isn't insanely hard to pull off. I'd think that good scum players would have come up with something by now, so who knows if it's possible, but I'd love to try something more active my next game as scum...
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 12 2011 21:13 GMT
#2376
On February 13 2011 00:17 Jackal58 wrote:
I have a question for you mafia experts. What is the reason/advantage of claiming that you were role blocked? In my short experience it appears most folks that make that claim are lynched shortly after. Or are at least put up as a lynch target.

If your town and roleblocked you should claim as
1) The Mafia knows that they roleblocked you, so its not like you're giving new information to the town
2) It semi confirms you as mafia supposedly roleblock only townies.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 12 2011 22:33 GMT
#2377
On February 13 2011 06:13 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2011 00:17 Jackal58 wrote:
I have a question for you mafia experts. What is the reason/advantage of claiming that you were role blocked? In my short experience it appears most folks that make that claim are lynched shortly after. Or are at least put up as a lynch target.

If your town and roleblocked you should claim as
1) The Mafia knows that they roleblocked you, so its not like you're giving new information to the town
2) It semi confirms you as mafia supposedly roleblock only townies.

The most important thing is that it tells the town that there is a roleblocker present in the game. If the town knows the roleblocker is dead/not in the game, then they can do things like have the detective roleclaim and protect him with medics while he leads the town.
Uff Da
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 03:33:36
February 13 2011 01:31 GMT
#2378
On February 13 2011 05:48 Kavdragon wrote:
I'd be really interested in coming up with a new way to play scum that doesn't involve being inactive, but isn't insanely hard to pull off. I'd think that good scum players would have come up with something by now, so who knows if it's possible, but I'd love to try something more active my next game as scum...

I know that in one mafia game Qatol (the godfather) was elected Mayor, and won by leading the town the wrong direction.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
February 13 2011 01:42 GMT
#2379
On February 13 2011 10:31 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2011 05:48 Kavdragon wrote:
I'd be really interested in coming up with a new way to play scum that doesn't involve being inactive, but isn't insanely hard to pull off. I'd think that good scum players would have come up with something by now, so who knows if it's possible, but I'd love to try something more active my next game as scum...

I know that in one mafia game Ver (the godfather) was elected Mayor, and won by leading the town the wrong direction.

Ummm that was me...... Ver was only Mayor once, and he was a Veteran in that game.
Uff Da
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
February 13 2011 03:36 GMT
#2380
On February 13 2011 10:42 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2011 10:31 LSB wrote:
On February 13 2011 05:48 Kavdragon wrote:
I'd be really interested in coming up with a new way to play scum that doesn't involve being inactive, but isn't insanely hard to pull off. I'd think that good scum players would have come up with something by now, so who knows if it's possible, but I'd love to try something more active my next game as scum...

I know that in one mafia game Ver (the godfather) was elected Mayor, and won by leading the town the wrong direction.

Ummm that was me...... Ver was only Mayor once, and he was a Veteran in that game.


What game was that?
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Prev 1 117 118 119 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings163
SHIN 78
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 317
ByuN 279
OGKoka 270
SHIN 77
MindelVK 24
Railgan 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69554
Calm 10495
Rain 2645
FanTaSy 1006
Bisu 966
soO 880
Soulkey 508
Stork 394
Shuttle 293
Rush 277
[ Show more ]
Soma 218
firebathero 204
Last 153
Light 147
Snow 142
Mind 89
Pusan 74
ToSsGirL 60
Shinee 44
Bale 37
Sea.KH 36
Killer 32
Trap 31
Hm[arnc] 27
hero 26
Mong 26
Sharp 23
Sexy 21
Free 20
zelot 19
yabsab 17
Shine 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
sorry 12
Aegong 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6708
Dendi78
League of Legends
Reynor94
Counter-Strike
x6flipin542
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
gofns33988
singsing2198
byalli620
B2W.Neo296
Pyrionflax259
Chillindude9
ToD2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 102
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV505
League of Legends
• Jankos3346
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 20m
OSC
11h 20m
Replay Cast
11h 20m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.