• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:29
CEST 14:29
KST 21:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6821 users

Active List of Mafia Games - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 293 Next
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-03 22:23:16
October 03 2011 22:18 GMT
#781
Assuming we're talking about a game without too many funky roles or mechanics, the hard part about hosting isn't so much the balancing (assuming you're willing to accept criticism towards your setups and be flexible balance-wise). The hard part is managing the inevitable drama that comes out in the game. If you don't have drama, hosting tends to be relatively tame. But drama can make the hosting experience extremely difficult and unpleasant.

Edit: And that's why we have the requirements regarding cohosting before you host - to give you a taste of what it is like before you handle things on your own.

Edit2: Another thing which might be hard to handle is situations which the rules don't really cover and you have to make a judgment call. Such decisions tend to require a lot of thought and it can be hard to be impartial. Also, they tend to result in drama regardless of how you handle things.
Uff Da
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 04 2011 17:49 GMT
#782
Am I not due for Haunted Mafia 2? I don't remember who it was (kitaman?) but I've mentioned it well ahead of time and unless there is an argument I will start the signup thread on October 14th.
RIP Aaliyah
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 04:56:57
October 05 2011 01:52 GMT
#783
On October 05 2011 02:49 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Am I not due for Haunted Mafia 2? I don't remember who it was (kitaman?) but I've mentioned it well ahead of time and unless there is an argument I will start the signup thread on October 14th.

I responded to your earlier post but apparently you did not see it:
On September 11 2011 10:28 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 09:25 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Can you reserve a spot for Haunted Mafia II? I will begin the initial signups around the second week of October.

Queue's all full for the time being. Post again once it starts to clear up.

And yes there is an argument as the queue is full for now and activity is at a low. I'm going to be sorting a few things out in the next few days which will probably open up some space (Caller went mia again!) in which case you can get on the queue.

Edit: and meapak if you see this contact me about your game!
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 03:21:57
October 06 2011 03:21 GMT
#784
Ok, SNMMVI is over with a grand total of like 6 modkills. Going to be the last SNMM game in a while I think.

If theres room in the Mini list for a theme game then add [M] GMarshal's Mini-Madness

if there is not then put me in for [N] TL Mafia XLVII
Moderator
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
October 06 2011 04:35 GMT
#785
On October 06 2011 12:21 GMarshal wrote:
Ok, SNMMVI is over with a grand total of like 6 modkills. Going to be the last SNMM game in a while I think.

If theres room in the Mini list for a theme game then add [M] GMarshal's Mini-Madness

if there is not then put me in for [N] TL Mafia XLVII

Hey give someone else a chance! >:U

Btw: Whats the player cap on a Mini mafia?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
October 06 2011 05:02 GMT
#786
Also: Looking for a cohost who is new and wants to get used to hosting. An upcoming game I have will be perfect for that.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
October 06 2011 05:13 GMT
#787
I'll do it Sir iGrok
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
October 06 2011 10:42 GMT
#788
I'm interested in co-hosting as well, in case you want someone based in Europe to help.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 12:06:00
October 06 2011 12:04 GMT
#789
On October 05 2011 10:52 Foolishness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 02:49 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Am I not due for Haunted Mafia 2? I don't remember who it was (kitaman?) but I've mentioned it well ahead of time and unless there is an argument I will start the signup thread on October 14th.

I responded to your earlier post but apparently you did not see it:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 10:28 Foolishness wrote:
On September 11 2011 09:25 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Can you reserve a spot for Haunted Mafia II? I will begin the initial signups around the second week of October.

Queue's all full for the time being. Post again once it starts to clear up.

And yes there is an argument as the queue is full for now and activity is at a low. I'm going to be sorting a few things out in the next few days which will probably open up some space (Caller went mia again!) in which case you can get on the queue.

Edit: and meapak if you see this contact me about your game!


Alright, I guess. I'll just scrap it since I don't want to wait until next year. Is there anyway to get activity levels up? It seems silly that mafia is dying out while general TL activity is at an all time high
RIP Aaliyah
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 12:28:07
October 06 2011 12:27 GMT
#790
On October 06 2011 21:04 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 10:52 Foolishness wrote:
On October 05 2011 02:49 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Am I not due for Haunted Mafia 2? I don't remember who it was (kitaman?) but I've mentioned it well ahead of time and unless there is an argument I will start the signup thread on October 14th.

I responded to your earlier post but apparently you did not see it:
On September 11 2011 10:28 Foolishness wrote:
On September 11 2011 09:25 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Can you reserve a spot for Haunted Mafia II? I will begin the initial signups around the second week of October.

Queue's all full for the time being. Post again once it starts to clear up.

And yes there is an argument as the queue is full for now and activity is at a low. I'm going to be sorting a few things out in the next few days which will probably open up some space (Caller went mia again!) in which case you can get on the queue.

Edit: and meapak if you see this contact me about your game!


Alright, I guess. I'll just scrap it since I don't want to wait until next year. Is there anyway to get activity levels up? It seems silly that mafia is dying out while general TL activity is at an all time high

Well, we were considering the possibility of hosting an invite only game in the general forum as a bit of a recruitment ad, there are several potential issues with the idea, but as of right now it seems to be the only recruitment idea that has been really discussed.

I agree though we need to get more players in here, although after the SNMMVI disaster I'm not sure how we are going to filter new people...

Also, can't you just host Haunted later? I know it has a halloween theme, but I don't think anyone is going to mind if you throw it in the cue and it ends up happening in December or something...
Moderator
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 06 2011 13:29 GMT
#791
I suppose I can queue it. It sucks not to do it around Halloween though. But if player participation is a major issue right now I guess it's better to wait.

Why not host larger games in S&G/General again? Why invite only? There may be quite a few modkills but I don't remember it being a huge issue a long time ago. I think anything is fine as long as it builds up the player base.
RIP Aaliyah
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
October 06 2011 16:02 GMT
#792
I still looking to Cohost a game if anyone needs one!
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
October 08 2011 22:31 GMT
#793
Okay looks like DrH will be hosting his game after all. Caller is mia, Meapak isn't quite ready to host yet, and kitaman has graciously offered to let DrH go ahead of him (meaning he was probably bribed =P ). DrH will be putting up his game after Incog's game starts.
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
October 08 2011 23:46 GMT
#794
We should just hold an open game in the sports and games forum and cap the signups at like 200 and go crazy.
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 09 2011 00:03 GMT
#795
I feel like a lot of people are still here but don't have the time to play regularly anymore.

Red's idea sounds amazing. It'd probably require a lot of host/cohosts but it'd still be fun to try.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
October 09 2011 08:42 GMT
#796
Someone had the idea to do a public game with us+TL staff in it, that would be really cool.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
October 09 2011 10:29 GMT
#797
The mafia subforum is too hidden away considering its the only sports and games subforum that doesnt appear on the sidebar imo
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 09 2011 13:37 GMT
#798
ok, things have cleared up a bit for me, I go pulled into ridiculous 2 weeks at work, but looks like I wasn't supposed to start texas hold'em anyway. I can go whenever, just pm me mr. foolish, but I also don't mind if anyone wants to go first.

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
October 10 2011 14:12 GMT
#799
I pmd foolishness about this too.

I don't think the texas hold'em idea is good enough for a game, so I'm requesting my game to be changed to a 9 man team melee mini mafia.

setup will be 2of4, I'd like some feedback on a few things.

Should I allow/encourage hydras?
Should I allow smurfs?
Should I assign teams, or let players sign up as teams?
Should I allow solo-teams too? (will do this anyway if signups are slow).
Computer says mafia
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
October 10 2011 15:17 GMT
#800
On October 10 2011 23:12 Palmar wrote:
I pmd foolishness about this too.

I don't think the texas hold'em idea is good enough for a game, so I'm requesting my game to be changed to a 9 man team melee mini mafia.

setup will be 2of4, I'd like some feedback on a few things.

Should I allow/encourage hydras?
Should I allow smurfs?
Should I assign teams, or let players sign up as teams?
Should I allow solo-teams too? (will do this anyway if signups are slow).

If you are doing team meele, then disallow hydras entirly, they give teams with them an unfair advantage (a team with two three person hydras has six brains, vs the two of any team without hydras).

Smurfs is host's choice, since team meele games are usually learning games, and games where you get to know people better I would disincourage them.

Don't allow team picking, its exciting to have to play with players who you wouldn't usually interact, and its part of the fun, if you allow teams people are going to pick their friends, rather than enjoying the luck of the draw.

Its team meele, solo teams go against the fun of the game, just have 18 players, pair them off randomly and then do roles.
Moderator
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 293 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings217
SHIN 151
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 382
ByuN 315
SHIN 151
Railgan 55
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69705
Calm 11056
Rain 2471
Bisu 1537
FanTaSy 847
soO 537
Shuttle 510
Stork 503
Rush 263
Soma 240
[ Show more ]
Snow 203
firebathero 196
Last 170
Light 111
Mind 96
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 50
Sharp 46
hero 41
Killer 40
Free 37
Bale 37
sorry 34
Trap 34
Mong 32
Aegong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
zelot 21
yabsab 17
Sacsri 13
Shine 13
Sexy 13
HiyA 12
Noble 12
IntoTheRainbow 10
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8910
Dendi510
Counter-Strike
fl0m1597
byalli746
x6flipin675
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Other Games
gofns31874
singsing2216
B2W.Neo568
Pyrionflax247
ToD112
Trikslyr30
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 84
• Gemini_19 15
• Dystopia_ 3
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV506
League of Legends
• Jankos3106
• Nemesis1405
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1226
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 31m
OSC
10h 31m
Replay Cast
10h 31m
OSC
23h 31m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.