• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:02
CEST 18:02
KST 01:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8800 users

Pick Your Power Mafia 2! - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 90 Next
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 23 2010 02:12 GMT
#361
Hmm, we lost a person though. That really sucks. I guess # 20 is off the list.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
August 23 2010 02:14 GMT
#362
ah silly me i thought sinq was quoting your post and wondered why it didnt go down beyond 13 or whatever, thanks for posting it again
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
August 23 2010 02:20 GMT
#363
OK, now that we have an order we can talk about the general plan.

Part of me likes the idea of trying to make sure we get the right roles. Based on last game it's pretty clear good roles often get overlooked.

However, having a public roles list also make me nervous. I know this is a probabilistic list, but it still makes sniping very easy after a few days, when more information is available about who picked what. Also, I can't shake the feeling that this plan is most helpful to the SK. It's one thing to be looking for the investigative roles in the whole population and another to start by killing #7, #10 and #13 to be pretty certain you've killed bullet bill. Especially if the medics follow this advice:

This plan however, leaves slots 14-20 as quite vulnerable to hits from both the SK and the Mafia. Therefore, our medics need to be protecting these slots(as well as the CV slot) to increase the chances of blocking a hit. Spots 2-4 don't really matter if they die, spots 5-13 have a decent shot at having a defensive role.

Without bullet bill the SK is pretty comfortable: immune to night hits or comp vigi, showing up as town aligned to checks, etc.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 23 2010 02:25 GMT
#364
Fadoodle me. 19th LOL.
Oh well, at least this means I can be mason.

Secret Friendship Alliance...activated!
Also, how do you RNG? Just flip a coin or is it like a computer thing?
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
August 23 2010 02:28 GMT
#365
http://www.randomnumbergenerator.com/

can take like 1-100 or 1-10

and 1-5 is first role, 6-10 is second role, or flip a coin etc etc
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 23 2010 02:29 GMT
#366
This is true citizen, but if I'm the SK, I'm not going near anyone who might be the Meth Man. So as long as Meth Man is hidden, SK is somewhat forced to shoot elsewhere.

SK also still needs to worry about the tracker too. My thought is that's the role that SK/Mafia will try to kill off first.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 23 2010 02:31 GMT
#367
+ Show Spoiler +
Ace, I had no idea you could do that List=ordered thing. Very cool

OK, this was our number list before we decided not to do it publicly. From the looks of things though, most people stayed with their same number
JeeJee: 1
DTA: 2
rastaban: 3
chaoser:4
LSB: 5
Bill: 6
Hesmyrr: 7
zeks: 8
Radfield: 10
johnnyspazz: 11
Pandain: 12

Looks like Jeejee got doubled up with BrownBear. Darth either picked 6 or 1, and then Rastaban, chaoser, LSB, Hesmyrr and Zeks are all lined up in a row.

  1. SouthRawrea
  2. rastaban
  3. chaoser
  4. LSB
  5. Hesmyrr
  6. zeks
  7. siNiquity
  8. jspazz
  9. Fishball
  10. ~Opz~
  11. citi.zen
  12. BrownBear
  13. JeeJee
  14. DarthThienAn
  15. Divinek
  16. Radfield
  17. Bill Murray
  18. bumatlarge
  19. Pandain



From a mafia point of view, Rastaban and Chaoser have benefited most from Brownbear's doubling up of JeeJee. Darth, I'd like to know what numbers you picked, and why.

Anyways, I doubt we can read much into the numbers anyways. If I was mafia, I would have had everyone RNG anyways. Last game, the mafia's numbers ended up being a give-away. I doubt they would do it again(although not many players here were in PYP1)
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 23 2010 02:33 GMT
#368
Before I clicked "more random numbers", I said to myself I would actually go with whatever it decided.
So despite the fact I kept on saying "I'm gonna be mason" I will only do so if it lays within 6-10. Sending in my role.

Also, Citizen, are you saying that all the SK has to do is kill the bullet bill and then he can go safely? (besides role cop at first) Just want to know what your saying before I respond.
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
August 23 2010 02:43 GMT
#369
just wondering so who's list are we going with? radfields?
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
August 23 2010 02:47 GMT
#370
On August 23 2010 11:33 Pandain wrote:
Before I clicked "more random numbers", I said to myself I would actually go with whatever it decided.
So despite the fact I kept on saying "I'm gonna be mason" I will only do so if it lays within 6-10. Sending in my role.

Also, Citizen, are you saying that all the SK has to do is kill the bullet bill and then he can go safely? (besides role cop at first) Just want to know what your saying before I respond.

I thin the SK's primary concern are bullet bill and the tracker. The meth man is a threat as well, as Radfiled pointed out above. From the town's perspective bullet bill is an awesome role & the top priority to grab and keep protected I would think.

Should anyone care, I picked [18][1].
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 23 2010 02:55 GMT
#371
Random.org is a good site too if people need a RNG.

I'll be doing mine shortly.
SiNiquity
Profile Joined April 2010
United States734 Posts
August 23 2010 03:11 GMT
#372
Aaand done. <3 Random.org.

So South, Chaoser and Rasta are our malignant townsfolk?
'i' before 'e' except after 'c' ~ it's scientifically proven.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
August 23 2010 06:42 GMT
#373
On August 23 2010 11:03 Radfield wrote:
Well BM, I suppose I should fess up. I picked 6 specifically to double up with you

I just don't trust you to follow the plan if you land in a top spot, and you played really poorly last PYP. Anyways, hopefully you enjoy it down here with me

Also, I picked 6,2. So if you picked 6,1 it means that bumatlarge also doubled up with you.

i picked [6] [2] as well IIRC
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
August 23 2010 06:43 GMT
#374
I'm also going to be voting you this entire game until you die.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 23 2010 10:52 GMT
#375
On August 23 2010 15:43 Bill Murray wrote:
I'm also going to be voting you this entire game until you die.


Sounds good, that seems very anti-town though. Instead of searching for scummy players, and trying to win the game, you're knee-jerk trying to vote for me and going to do it the entire game. Not to mention you're giving yourself an excuse for voting, so no one can analyze you vote history Good luck trying to get enough votes to get me lynched.

As you well know, chances are very good I'll be dead after night 2 at the latest, so you might as well put your vote somewhere useful.

Also let me be clear BM. It's nothing personal, and I like having you around in the games when I play. I'm not trying to be an ass here. I just think it's too easy for people to policy lynch you, and as you've admitted before, you are a 'gut player' and not necessarily a 'logical player'. For these reasons you could be a liability higher up in the draft list. Honestly, if you were planning on following the plan, it shouldn't really matter to you where you draft. If you weren't planning on following the plan, then surely you see that I was justified in doubling up numbers with you.
SouthRawrea
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada608 Posts
August 23 2010 11:50 GMT
#376
I picked 10 honest to god O.o. Guess I gotta pick CV and get lynched tho.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 23 2010 12:15 GMT
#377
oops, new draft order ^_^

  1. rastaban
  2. chaoser
  3. LSB
  4. Hesmyrr
  5. zeks
  6. jspazz
  7. Fishball
  8. ~Opz~
  9. citi.zen
  10. BrownBear
  11. JeeJee
  12. DarthThienAn
  13. Divinek
  14. Radfield
  15. Bill Murray
  16. bumatlarge
  17. Pandain
  18. siNiquity
  19. SouthRawrea




Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
August 23 2010 12:28 GMT
#378
On August 23 2010 19:52 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2010 15:43 Bill Murray wrote:
I'm also going to be voting you this entire game until you die.


Sounds good, that seems very anti-town though. Instead of searching for scummy players, and trying to win the game, you're knee-jerk trying to vote for me and going to do it the entire game. Not to mention you're giving yourself an excuse for voting, so no one can analyze you vote history Good luck trying to get enough votes to get me lynched.

As you well know, chances are very good I'll be dead after night 2 at the latest, so you might as well put your vote somewhere useful.

Also let me be clear BM. It's nothing personal, and I like having you around in the games when I play. I'm not trying to be an ass here. I just think it's too easy for people to policy lynch you, and as you've admitted before, you are a 'gut player' and not necessarily a 'logical player'. For these reasons you could be a liability higher up in the draft list. Honestly, if you were planning on following the plan, it shouldn't really matter to you where you draft. If you weren't planning on following the plan, then surely you see that I was justified in doubling up numbers with you.


Nope.
He is just flat out insane.
靈魂交響曲
SouthRawrea
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada608 Posts
August 23 2010 12:45 GMT
#379
Lol. I'm last now. Guess I'm not dead guys.
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
August 23 2010 13:10 GMT
#380
On August 23 2010 07:35 SiNiquity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2010 07:11 ~OpZ~ wrote:
On August 23 2010 07:06 Pandain wrote:
#1 Comp Vig
#2 Bad Santa
#3 Prince of Darkness


#4 50% Role Cop, 50% Defensive role(Vet, Meth Man, or Bulletproof. 33% chance of each)
#5 50% Joat......... 50% Defensive role
#6 50% Bullet Bill, 50% Defensive role

#7 50% Role Cop, 50% Defensive role
#8 50% Joat.........50% Defensive role
#9 50% Bullet Bill, 50% Defensive role

#10 25% Role Cop, 25% Defensive role, 50% pro town non essential role(Doctor, Doctor, Alignment Cop, Watcher, Copy Cat, Mason. You choose)
#11 25% Joat, 25% Defensive role, 50% pro town non essential role
#12 25% Bullet Bill, 25% Defensive role, 50% pro town non essential role
#13: 50% Bad santa, 50% doctor.
#14. 50% Bad Santa, 50% doctor
#15. 50% Bad Santa, 50% Copy cat/doctor(25 % each)
#16. 50% bad santa, 50% Copycat/doctor (25 percent each)
#17 50% role cop, 50% other
#18 50% Joat, 50% other
#19 50% Bullet Bill, 50% other
#20 50% tracker, 50% other

The draft as of now.
However, this does lead to tracker being less common. Any other suggestions?


not following this plan either. game starts to me after i get to pick my power.

Pandain: If numbers are kept secret, then I don't see a reason to do a weighted algorithm (% based) instead of just a plain role assignment.

Opz: Get over yourself and chill the fuck out.

Ain't my fault that you all want to start game before picking stage.
=/
I start when game starts....
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM711
IndyStarCraft 170
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 711
Reynor 340
ByuN 263
TKL 263
IndyStarCraft 170
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55913
Bisu 2899
Calm 2418
FanTaSy 885
Stork 604
Rush 462
hero 317
firebathero 170
actioN 135
Sharp 99
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 53
Free 51
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 26
Rock 25
Hm[arnc] 19
Sexy 18
Terrorterran 18
Aegong 16
HiyA 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10249
Dendi1047
Counter-Strike
fl0m4547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK5
Other Games
singsing2156
Liquid`RaSZi1565
B2W.Neo749
olofmeister695
Beastyqt641
Khaldor491
Mlord490
KnowMe318
crisheroes127
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 7
• Hinosc 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Reevou 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV519
League of Legends
• Nemesis3283
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1534
Other Games
• Shiphtur450
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 58m
OSC
6h 58m
Replay Cast
6h 58m
OSC
19h 58m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.