• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:02
CEST 18:02
KST 01:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8800 users

Pick Your Power Mafia 2! - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 90 Next
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
August 23 2010 13:18 GMT
#381
On August 23 2010 21:15 Ace wrote:
oops, new draft order ^_^

  1. rastaban
  2. chaoser
  3. LSB
  4. Hesmyrr
  5. zeks
  6. jspazz
  7. Fishball
  8. ~Opz~
  9. citi.zen
  10. BrownBear
  11. JeeJee
  12. DarthThienAn
  13. Divinek
  14. Radfield
  15. Bill Murray
  16. bumatlarge
  17. Pandain
  18. siNiquity
  19. SouthRawrea





I don't think this is reflected on the OP?
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
August 23 2010 13:29 GMT
#382
On August 23 2010 11:11 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2010 11:07 Divinek wrote:
so according to your plan radfield do us guys down here just try to take random ass roles and hope for the best?



If by "random ass roles" you mean the very non-random percentages i've layed out at each spot, then yes.

#1 Comp Vig
#2 Bad Santa
#3 Prince of Darkness
#4 33/33/33 CV, Bad Santa or PoD
#5 50% Role Cop, 50% Defensive role(Vet, Meth Man, or Bulletproof. 33% chance of each)
#6 50% Joat......... 50% Defensive role
#7 50% Bullet Bill, 50% Defensive role
#8 50% Role Cop, 50% Defensive role
#9 50% Joat.........50% Defensive role
#10 50% Bullet Bill, 50% Defensive role
#11 25% Role Cop, 25% Defensive role, 25% Doctor, 25% role of your choice(not tracker)
#12 25% Joat, 25% Defensive role, 25% Doctor, 25% role of your choice(not tracker)
#13 25% Bullet Bill, 25% Defensive role, 25% Doctor, 25% role of your choice(not tracker)
#14. 50% Tracker, 25% doctor, 25% Copy Cat(recommended) or Other(Alignment Cop, Mason, Martyr, etc.)
#15. 50% Tracker, 25% doctor, 25% Copy Cat(recommended) or Other
#16. 50% Tracker, 25% doctor, 25% Copy Cat(recommended) or Other
#17 50% role cop, 50% other
#18 50% Joat, 50% other
#19 50% Bullet Bill, 50% other
#20 50% tracker, 50% other


I went by this list to roll for my role for everyones information.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
August 23 2010 14:14 GMT
#383
Citizen
=P
[17][1] here.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
August 23 2010 14:16 GMT
#384
I picked Day Vig before Ace redesigned the Draft list...Now that I'm higher on the list...I think I'll be getting something more...useful.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
August 23 2010 14:55 GMT
#385
I like the probabilistic nature of the list, but still fret about how the mafia/Sk can take advantage of it.

Some concerns:

1. "Reserved" roles.

Lower drafting mafia (and the SK, for that matter) can take whatever role they want and claim they didn't get any role. For example, grab any of Pardoner / Floridian(great for SK) / Role Blocker / God Father then say "uhhh... I went for a defensive role but it was taken". I know Radfield said he's not too concerned with these roles, but to me they are a HUGE deal late game - think of all the missed lynches we can have. They are, after all, in the game to help the mafia. It's true that in principle we could verify "plain vanilla" claims, but in reality sorting it out will take too long & the mafia can always justify their claim based on how dead people flipped. So all these roles are too safe for the mafia to grab for my liking.

2. Blue sniping.

The list still makes finding investigative roles quite easy once the lynchings start. Once the meth man is dead th SK can get a very clear hit list with likely bullet bill and the tracker candidates.

I cannot emphasize this enough: once the drafting phase is over, don't start claiming your roles in the thread unless yo are 100% sure it leads to catching a liar. You might think claiming what you got or didn't get does you no harm, but remember it will also reveal information about other players.

3. The list.

For me there are two key town investigative roles: bullet bill and tracker. These are great roles to find mafia and the only ones to detect the SK. The alignment cop is also important, but given their uncertain sanity + inability to detect SK/GF it's a lot weaker in my book. I'd suggest prioritizing bullet bill over all other investigative roles, placing tracker next on our list and leaving the alignment cop for last.

Finally, please don't just feel like you are doing your job at this stage by using an RNG and calling it a day. Help us improve this plan by thinking critically, or we'll be screwed later on.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
August 23 2010 15:11 GMT
#386
So like, [1][3]. back to sc2, sorry guys, I'm addicted.
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
August 23 2010 15:18 GMT
#387
Oh, and though this may be important, [12][1] was my original numbers. I saw Pandain(?) (I think), was picking 12, and I was like, OH NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO, so I PM'd Ace with my change.

Do you see why I said don't make your numbers public? FoS everyone above me that did not post their numbers.

And if Ace doesn't let me repick Day Vig? I'm killing BM first thing with the openining of the day.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
August 23 2010 15:18 GMT
#388
EBWOP:
For his shitty plan that probably gave the mafia EVERYONE's numbers and the top four picks. HIGH FIVE GUYS!!
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
August 23 2010 15:48 GMT
#389
[9][3] dont see how giving numbers would help scum now, but it would help town to see who was eager to position themselves on that list X_X
Together but separate, like oatmeal
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
August 23 2010 15:53 GMT
#390
On August 24 2010 00:48 bumatlarge wrote:
[9][3] dont see how giving numbers would help scum now, but it would help town to see who was eager to position themselves on that list X_X

No sir. Now is a good time to post your numbers. Before hand was a bad time. Our numbers should have been secret to this point. That's why BM needs to die. Obv.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
August 23 2010 16:06 GMT
#391
[3][1] as I said earlier. Also it looks like I got promoted to top spot.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
August 23 2010 16:22 GMT
#392
On August 23 2010 23:16 ~OpZ~ wrote:
I picked Day Vig before Ace redesigned the Draft list...Now that I'm higher on the list...I think I'll be getting something more...useful.


Why are you ignoring the plan? It's like you're determined to be hard-headed about this "game hasn't started" business. Let me quote Ace for you "The game has now officially started!"

Either post why you think the plan has flaws so we can iron them out, like citizen is doing, or help out by coming up with something else. Don't make excuses for why you're not helping.

Citizen, I have more to say to address and expand on your concerns, I just don't have the time right now.

Also, People may need to send in new roles to Ace since the drafting order has changed.
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
August 23 2010 16:29 GMT
#393
On August 24 2010 01:22 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2010 23:16 ~OpZ~ wrote:
I picked Day Vig before Ace redesigned the Draft list...Now that I'm higher on the list...I think I'll be getting something more...useful.


Why are you ignoring the plan? It's like you're determined to be hard-headed about this "game hasn't started" business. Let me quote Ace for you "The game has now officially started!"

Either post why you think the plan has flaws so we can iron them out, like citizen is doing, or help out by coming up with something else. Don't make excuses for why you're not helping.

Citizen, I have more to say to address and expand on your concerns, I just don't have the time right now.

Also, People may need to send in new roles to Ace since the drafting order has changed.

I just realized that any "list" suggestions made today look like I am trying to shift roles around now that I know the draft order, something nobody would have any reason to trust at this point. So, while I continue to have my reservations, I don't know that we can do much at this point.

Ideally there would be some threat of picking pro-mafia roles at some point (could also nicely "bisect" the list into two sub-sets so we'd know where the mafia roles likely hide) + the bullet bill and tracker would be higher priority. At this point it probably is what it is though.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 23 2010 16:42 GMT
#394
Frick I had gotten mason too > .
Time to repick... 5-10 here we go!
Also, Opz is very likely serial killer as he seems to be disregarding the plan without too much reasons as to why. Doubt he's mafia though(wouldn't be this outright defiant.)
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
August 23 2010 16:51 GMT
#395
[7][13]. Honestly for moment I am finding people who put fos for attacking the plan than staunch adversaries against number claiming more suspicious.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
August 23 2010 17:59 GMT
#396
[8][8]. I've sent in my role going with Radfields plan as I think thats the most competent one right now. What citi.zen says makes sense too (about BB/tracker priority) but if we go with Radfields list I think we start off at a more advantageous position than just random picking whatever we want. Would be easier in the long run to point fingers imo.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
August 23 2010 20:14 GMT
#397
On August 23 2010 11:11 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2010 11:07 Divinek wrote:
so according to your plan radfield do us guys down here just try to take random ass roles and hope for the best?



If by "random ass roles" you mean the very non-random percentages i've layed out at each spot, then yes.

#1 Comp Vig
#2 Bad Santa
#3 Prince of Darkness
#4 33/33/33 CV, Bad Santa or PoD
#5 50% Role Cop, 50% Defensive role(Vet, Meth Man, or Bulletproof. 33% chance of each)
#6 50% Joat......... 50% Defensive role
#7 50% Bullet Bill, 50% Defensive role
#8 50% Role Cop, 50% Defensive role
#9 50% Joat.........50% Defensive role
#10 50% Bullet Bill, 50% Defensive role
#11 25% Role Cop, 25% Defensive role, 25% Doctor, 25% role of your choice(not tracker)
#12 25% Joat, 25% Defensive role, 25% Doctor, 25% role of your choice(not tracker)
#13 25% Bullet Bill, 25% Defensive role, 25% Doctor, 25% role of your choice(not tracker)
#14. 50% Tracker, 25% doctor, 25% Copy Cat(recommended) or Other(Alignment Cop, Mason, Martyr, etc.)
#15. 50% Tracker, 25% doctor, 25% Copy Cat(recommended) or Other
#16. 50% Tracker, 25% doctor, 25% Copy Cat(recommended) or Other
#17 50% role cop, 50% other
#18 50% Joat, 50% other
#19 50% Bullet Bill, 50% other
#20 50% tracker, 50% other



I had some plans for how we should do role choices but after comparing it to this listing I think this may be the better way to go.

My thought was to clump roles into groups and then assign the groups numbers each person would then RNG there group and select from the list based on where in the listing they were at (if you were lower pick the weaker options, higher pick the priority options. I think it would net us les vanilla townies, but it could possibly mean that some of the critical roles got missed.

I still think it is viable but losing out on a rolecop might be too big a loss which I feel is why Radfield overemphasized the key roles so much. I think we may get a more vanillas with his plan, but since it is already decided on and it seems like we will be guaranteed to pick up the critical roles we should go with it.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
August 23 2010 20:24 GMT
#398
I realized my sentences were runnig together so I thought I should clarify, sorry about that.

EBWOP:
My thought was to clump roles into groups and then assign the groups numbers. Each person would then RNG a number and select from the group. Based on your location in the picking order you would select the appropriate option. (if you were lower pick the weaker options, higher pick the stronger options.) I think it would net us less vanilla townies, but it could possibly mean that some of the critical roles got missed.


I can explain more if anyone would like an alternative to the current plan. There are different benefits based on how the groups are setup and how many options are in each group. I was leaning towards 3 roles a group with checker and defenders in a group to allow for group claiming possibly mafia bating.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
August 23 2010 20:25 GMT
#399
EBWOP:EBWOP: Bah I can't even spell running, that is ridiculous!
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
August 23 2010 20:42 GMT
#400
On August 24 2010 01:22 Radfield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2010 23:16 ~OpZ~ wrote:
I picked Day Vig before Ace redesigned the Draft list...Now that I'm higher on the list...I think I'll be getting something more...useful.


Why are you ignoring the plan? It's like you're determined to be hard-headed about this "game hasn't started" business. Let me quote Ace for you "The game has now officially started!"

Either post why you think the plan has flaws so we can iron them out, like citizen is doing, or help out by coming up with something else. Don't make excuses for why you're not helping.

Citizen, I have more to say to address and expand on your concerns, I just don't have the time right now.

Also, People may need to send in new roles to Ace since the drafting order has changed.

Who said I didn't follow the plan? I just would of Day Vig'd BM had I been at slot ten. And sheep my way into a plan? Pshhaa...
PYP
Pick Your Power
Winning =/= Fun

Picking what role I am is the point of PYP in my eyes, and attempting to win. That's the fun in this game to me. I didn't say I disregarded the plan, and would not tell anyone else to, but had I been at spot ten, I would have picked Day Vig and killed Bill Murray.

Instead, I would like to promote him as our first lynch candidate. His idea to number claim before the draft list was insanely unhelpful for the town, and insanely beneficial for the mafia. It gave the mafia the same opportunity I took to move up in the draft list. Foolish. First order of business would be to lynch someone that didn't number claim. Mafia of course would of had at least one person claim, and since BM is famous for unbeneficial plans, why not have him do it?

Maybe an inactive would be a better choice, but everyone is clearly active since the draft HAS happened, and the roles MUST be picked. So activity should not be an issue. Also, looking at the list of players, primarily vets and high activity poster (regardless of quality), Activity should be far from concern. Anyone not posting is clearly trying to lay low this game.

And also, Radfield, you seem to be in the same mindset as PYP 1. Weren't you SK that game?

My recommendation would be for Radfield to be tracked night one. BM to be Bullet Billed. If there is a watcher, I'd say watch Radfield, and I would be more than happy to request medic protection on him.

I would look into Fishball also, but knowing what I know about Fishball, I wouldn't expect too much from him til later in the game.
<3 Fishball


Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM711
IndyStarCraft 170
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 711
Reynor 340
ByuN 263
TKL 263
IndyStarCraft 170
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55913
Bisu 2899
Calm 2418
FanTaSy 885
Stork 604
Rush 462
hero 317
firebathero 170
actioN 135
Sharp 99
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 53
Free 51
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 26
Rock 25
Hm[arnc] 19
Sexy 18
Terrorterran 18
Aegong 16
HiyA 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10249
Dendi1047
Counter-Strike
fl0m4547
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK5
Other Games
singsing2156
Liquid`RaSZi1565
B2W.Neo749
olofmeister695
Beastyqt641
Khaldor491
Mlord490
KnowMe318
crisheroes127
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 7
• Hinosc 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Reevou 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV519
League of Legends
• Nemesis3283
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1534
Other Games
• Shiphtur450
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 58m
OSC
6h 58m
Replay Cast
6h 58m
OSC
19h 58m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.