• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:57
CEST 02:57
KST 09:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8595 users

TL Mafia XXVIII - Page 182

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 193 Next
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 04 2010 21:46 GMT
#3621
My faults this game: A reflective analysis

1.Too impulsive, made Subversion "doubt me" Also got me in sticky situations

2.Too trusting, trusted everyone in secret alliance =D. Especially proct, who I just thought was confused. Also too persuadable, as I was easily persuaded by mafia again and again.

3.Mis-guessed so many people for little "one liner mistakes". which is not enough to prove that you are mafia. Huge mistake, especially with Hyperbola.

4. Trusted people who made long posts, viewed them as "pro town"

zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
August 04 2010 21:47 GMT
#3622
Arg I had a good feeling I was going to die but I didn't mind dying to the bomber really

but to have siniquity and lakris die on the same day was definitely out of my calculations

for the record I never called for a XeliN protect I was actually thinking that siniquity wouldn't protect anyone at all

well played at the end. no one took notice of the lurkers, and then when all the blues died the lurkers came out and won the game
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
August 04 2010 21:47 GMT
#3623
On August 05 2010 06:46 Pandain wrote:
My faults this game: A reflective analysis

1.Too impulsive, made Subversion "doubt me" Also got me in sticky situations

2.Too trusting, trusted everyone in secret alliance =D. Especially proct, who I just thought was confused. Also too persuadable, as I was easily persuaded by mafia again and again.

3.Mis-guessed so many people for little "one liner mistakes". which is not enough to prove that you are mafia. Huge mistake, especially with Hyperbola.

4. Trusted people who made long posts, viewed them as "pro town"


Re: Elemenope.

I highly doubt anybody read my posts. Everybody writes off long posts as immediately pro-town.
citi.zen why so bitter?
And so, we find the Sublime.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 04 2010 21:48 GMT
#3624
On August 05 2010 06:47 zeks wrote:
Arg I had a good feeling I was going to die but I didn't mind dying to the bomber really

but to have siniquity and lakris die on the same day was definitely out of my calculations

for the record I never called for a XeliN protect I was actually thinking that siniquity wouldn't protect anyone at all

well played at the end. no one took notice of the lurkers, and then when all the blues died the lurkers came out and won the game


I am pretty sure siniquity was protecting you by the way.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
August 04 2010 21:52 GMT
#3625
On August 05 2010 06:45 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 06:27 Pandain wrote:
Four major events that saved mafia:
1.Inflitration of DT Subversion
2.The Xelin Attack
3.Sexy blue sniping
4.Medic protecting BC(hehe)

I actually think the mafia played badly. They won for a far simpler reason: the town was terrible.

Yea we really effed up the role claiming stuff but it was sorta necessary given the setup.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 04 2010 21:54 GMT
#3626
On August 05 2010 06:52 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 06:45 citi.zen wrote:
On August 05 2010 06:27 Pandain wrote:
Four major events that saved mafia:
1.Inflitration of DT Subversion
2.The Xelin Attack
3.Sexy blue sniping
4.Medic protecting BC(hehe)

I actually think the mafia played badly. They won for a far simpler reason: the town was terrible.

Yea we really effed up the role claiming stuff but it was sorta necessary given the setup.


i dunno, i got citizen offed, then his entire circle died very quickly thereafter. Delaying the town from mass roleclaiming to a confirmed circle was something we were trying to prevent, I say it went well.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 04 2010 21:55 GMT
#3627
Oh also citizen, You really shouldn't have told tricode the entire plan before you instituted it. shame I can't post aim logs, but I knew it was a fake claim so I could attack it all the more lol
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 04 2010 21:55 GMT
#3628
so glad Mafia won in this ridiculous setup.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
August 04 2010 21:56 GMT
#3629
I'm with you.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
August 04 2010 22:02 GMT
#3630
On August 05 2010 06:52 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 06:45 citi.zen wrote:
On August 05 2010 06:27 Pandain wrote:
Four major events that saved mafia:
1.Inflitration of DT Subversion
2.The Xelin Attack
3.Sexy blue sniping
4.Medic protecting BC(hehe)

I actually think the mafia played badly. They won for a far simpler reason: the town was terrible.

Yea we really effed up the role claiming stuff but it was sorta necessary given the setup.

In doing so you gave up 4 clear reds. Xelin and Proct were the only non-obvious ones. Of course, the town was blind + compensated by giving away the blue roles, horrible PM play and failure to read.

This is the most lol sample, but there are many others like it:

-----------------------------------------

On July 28 2010 13:58 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2010 13:37 Pandain wrote:
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude this was like the best thing that could've happened. Well done zeks. He's trusted for sure now n.n

And to think I doubted BOTH of them being mafia.


you're kidding right? They both had clear signs of being red, south 10000x times more than bc as bc is obviously good, but yeah. There's no way you could have doubted both lol

way to go town!

Followed one minute later by:

On July 28 2010 13:59 Divinek wrote:
oh since bc knew this all of mafia knows this i might as well tell you guys

im a vet

No comment...
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
August 04 2010 22:04 GMT
#3631
No comment indeed.
Claiming just let us know who we didn't want to hit, though Divinek was never high on the list.

If the town had gone back and reread the thread then we probably would have lost. Though really, I still think it would have been almost impossible to out me.
And so, we find the Sublime.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 22:09:10
August 04 2010 22:04 GMT
#3632
lol D3 this is going to haunt you. Guess I better start updating my Winning as Scum guide. Also listen to what flamewheel said about going back to read posts:



Majority Lynch voting rules: If your Scum team has very persuasive players or the Town has impulsive voters this will favor you a lot. It makes the game move faster than a deadline enforced lynch and faster games favor you. The less time the town has to decide on important issues and talk the better for your team. You can force mistakes faster and if the Town isn't good at going back to piece together posts the blame for the lynch might miss you. Even better if a townie "caused the lynch" (more on this later) you get to point it out and have some fun.


Also major props to BC on that situation with citizen. Town or scum it was definitely a pro town move to bust citizen out for lying about a role claim for multiple reasons, the most important being that no one could ever confirm him without confirming who ever he was allegedly fronting for. By the time that all got cleared up town was screwed unless somebody really sat down and thought about how the hell could rastaban be town with his fake roleclaim too ^_^.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 04 2010 22:06 GMT
#3633
So how much did you guys(mafia) plan. Which bandwagons, which accusations, and so forth. Really interested. And which did you just let the town run towards its own doom.
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
August 04 2010 22:10 GMT
#3634
DarthThienAn bandwagon by Pyrrhuloxia and citi.zen bandwagon by BloodyC0bbler.
Mostly town just ran itself into the ground as we raged about the imbalanced setup and the random rule changes. Nights were amazing.
And so, we find the Sublime.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
August 04 2010 22:12 GMT
#3635
So wish I could have been mafia this game.

Not trying to pretend I played particularly well (I didn't), but god, some of the things town did were so freakin' dumb.

I still <3 you all though.
SUNSFANNED
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 04 2010 22:12 GMT
#3636
On August 05 2010 07:12 BrownBear wrote:
So wish I could have been mafia this game.

Not trying to pretend I played particularly well (I didn't), but god, some of the things town did were so freakin' dumb.

I still <3 you all though.


Haha, you were fun to argue with since for whatever reason you always wanted my nuts to burn in a fire.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 04 2010 22:14 GMT
#3637
On August 05 2010 07:04 Ace wrote:
lol D3 this is going to haunt you. Guess I better start updating my Winning as Scum guide. Also listen to what flamewheel said about going back to read posts:

Show nested quote +


Majority Lynch voting rules: If your Scum team has very persuasive players or the Town has impulsive voters this will favor you a lot. It makes the game move faster than a deadline enforced lynch and faster games favor you. The less time the town has to decide on important issues and talk the better for your team. You can force mistakes faster and if the Town isn't good at going back to piece together posts the blame for the lynch might miss you. Even better if a townie "caused the lynch" (more on this later) you get to point it out and have some fun.


Also major props to BC on that situation with citizen. Town or scum it was definitely a pro town move to bust citizen out for lying about a role claim for multiple reasons, the most important being that no one could ever confirm him without confirming who ever he was allegedly fronting for. By the time that all got cleared up town was screwed unless somebody really sat down and thought about how the hell could rastaban be town with his fake roleclaim too ^_^.



Much obliged. As i told everyone in thread I would do it regardless of role. Thankfully infundi, chaoser and tree.hugger also saw issues and helped me win the day.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
August 04 2010 22:15 GMT
#3638
Heh, thankfully I had BloodyC0bbler and Pyrrhuloxia on my team. Ver style doesn't quite cut it when you're short on time and not a noticeable figure in thread.

Major props guys. SouthRawrea, where are you?
And so, we find the Sublime.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 04 2010 22:17 GMT
#3639
On August 05 2010 07:14 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 07:04 Ace wrote:
lol D3 this is going to haunt you. Guess I better start updating my Winning as Scum guide. Also listen to what flamewheel said about going back to read posts:



Majority Lynch voting rules: If your Scum team has very persuasive players or the Town has impulsive voters this will favor you a lot. It makes the game move faster than a deadline enforced lynch and faster games favor you. The less time the town has to decide on important issues and talk the better for your team. You can force mistakes faster and if the Town isn't good at going back to piece together posts the blame for the lynch might miss you. Even better if a townie "caused the lynch" (more on this later) you get to point it out and have some fun.


Also major props to BC on that situation with citizen. Town or scum it was definitely a pro town move to bust citizen out for lying about a role claim for multiple reasons, the most important being that no one could ever confirm him without confirming who ever he was allegedly fronting for. By the time that all got cleared up town was screwed unless somebody really sat down and thought about how the hell could rastaban be town with his fake roleclaim too ^_^.



Much obliged. As i told everyone in thread I would do it regardless of role. Thankfully infundi, chaoser and tree.hugger also saw issues and helped me win the day.


No credit for me? I withstood being blackmailed by youngmini and voted for citizen.

Albeit maybe I should've given it -.-
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
August 04 2010 22:20 GMT
#3640
On August 05 2010 07:12 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 07:12 BrownBear wrote:
So wish I could have been mafia this game.

Not trying to pretend I played particularly well (I didn't), but god, some of the things town did were so freakin' dumb.

I still <3 you all though.


Haha, you were fun to argue with since for whatever reason you always wanted my nuts to burn in a fire.


haha, it was mostly meta + you pissed me off. When you first shouted down the roleclaim idea, I got pissed, then I sat and thought "wait, if BC were town he'd be smart enough to know this is a great townie move, thus he must be mafia."

Was bad at communicating it to other people, though. I can usually be persuasive, but I'm nothing compared to you ^^
SUNSFANNED
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 193 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings64
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE148
ProTech140
SpeCial 122
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13517
Artosis 601
Shuttle 250
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
canceldota116
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Counter-Strike
taco 225
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox407
AZ_Axe120
Other Games
summit1g6604
shahzam647
Day[9].tv584
C9.Mang0310
Maynarde151
Trikslyr64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP56
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv584
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 3m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.