• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:06
CEST 02:06
KST 09:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8025 users

TL Mafia XXVIII - Page 181

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 193 Next
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
August 04 2010 21:25 GMT
#3601
On August 05 2010 06:21 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 06:20 rastaban wrote:
BC's blue sniping skills really kept us in the game. He called so many on the first or second day.

Ahem.

Many of yours came from infiltration, so I figured they deserved separate acknowledgement.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
August 04 2010 21:25 GMT
#3602
On August 05 2010 06:24 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 06:22 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On August 05 2010 06:20 rastaban wrote:
BC's blue sniping skills really kept us in the game. He called so many on the first or second day.


:p it helped before dying I was able to figure out 3 of the remaining roles out of 4 players, and then they all died in one night. Kudo's guys for following through with people I spotted. I may have messed up at first (hitting a med protected vet day 1 whoops) but overall I think we did good on our night hits.

Protact amazing job with subversion!


Agreed. I want proctat to have my babies and then go to subversion and claim they are his.

Didn't rastaban and south both claiming they got pms from you mean you were sure to be lynched though? Also, that was amazing acting there looked legit.

I have to say, I think the Xelin attack really saved the mafia.

yeah we were thinking about quitting until Xelin's super chain reaction of awesome
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 04 2010 21:26 GMT
#3603
On August 05 2010 06:24 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 06:22 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On August 05 2010 06:20 rastaban wrote:
BC's blue sniping skills really kept us in the game. He called so many on the first or second day.


:p it helped before dying I was able to figure out 3 of the remaining roles out of 4 players, and then they all died in one night. Kudo's guys for following through with people I spotted. I may have messed up at first (hitting a med protected vet day 1 whoops) but overall I think we did good on our night hits.

Protact amazing job with subversion!


Agreed. I want proctat to have my babies and then go to subversion and claim they are his.

Didn't rastaban and south both claiming they got pms from you mean you were sure to be lynched though? Also, that was amazing acting there looked legit.

I have to say, I think the Xelin attack really saved the mafia.


Basically rasta knew he was busted. I figured if I argued it no matter which two of us flipped, the remaining one would be "town" for at least a few days and avoid being offed. Rasta survived due to this as people were like "would bc really do that" etc....

Turning a bad situation into gold wooo
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
August 04 2010 21:26 GMT
#3604
On August 05 2010 06:20 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 06:19 BrownBear wrote:
On August 05 2010 05:48 d3_crescentia wrote:
don't have any thoughts on this situation, really - like honestly who cares anymore?

4 of us are town; 2 of us are confirmed, 3 of us are scum

that's pretty good odds to me - we just have to figure out which two aren't scum out of 5

based on what looks reasonable to have I think we'd have Pyrr Misder and Brownbear all red for a team of BC/Pyrr/Brownbear/Xelin/Misder/SouthRawrea based on some mysterious instinct

##vote: BrownBear


Lynch me and town loses. Plain and simple.

You and Divinek are confirmed, I know my role, that leaves Misder/Pyrr/Protact/rastaban. The problem is, we have to be right all 3 times in a row.

I think rasta is definitely red, I think Misder is possibly red, and I don't know about Pyrr/Protact. We shall see.

But don't lynch me. You have, at best, random circumstantial evidence and "he's been playing like crap this game" evidence. That does not equal scum. Rastaban, by comparison, has some decently solid evidence, Misder has been lurking all game, and... well, I still don't know about Pyrr/Protact, lol.


best post ever


lolololol. To be fair, I started writing that right after d3 posted, and then got distracted for a while.

d3... you are so fail.

Postgame thoughts tonight. Not happy with myself and with others.
SUNSFANNED
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 04 2010 21:27 GMT
#3605
Four major events that saved mafia:
1.Inflitration of DT Subversion
2.The Xelin Attack
3.Sexy blue sniping
4.Medic protecting BC(hehe)
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
August 04 2010 21:28 GMT
#3606
Also, let it be known that THIS is why you do not do magic majority lynch the instant majority is reached.
SUNSFANNED
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
August 04 2010 21:29 GMT
#3607
On August 05 2010 06:27 Pandain wrote:
Four major events that saved mafia:
1.Inflitration of DT Subversion
2.The Xelin Attack
3.Sexy blue sniping
4.Medic protecting BC(hehe)


I will be touching on all 4 of these in my writeup, lol.
SUNSFANNED
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 04 2010 21:29 GMT
#3608
On August 05 2010 06:28 BrownBear wrote:
Also, let it be known that THIS is why you do not do magic majority lynch the instant majority is reached.


I told him majority lynch was a bad idea when he first instituted it.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
August 04 2010 21:30 GMT
#3609
To be honest, the Mafia got lucky this game, but the setup is so bad for them that their victory is just as much the town failing to do something as it was the Mafia's planning. You guys can't sit here and play "let's rely on the Detective", especially when your most influential townspeople are killed off so early.

Also, you guys need to go back and read through the previous days. Rereading the thread is amazing and is one of the town's biggest assets.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
August 04 2010 21:30 GMT
#3610
there also were some other infiltrations, I think we learned Divinek was Vet through PMs.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
August 04 2010 21:32 GMT
#3611
On August 05 2010 06:30 rastaban wrote:
there also were some other infiltrations, I think we learned Divinek was Vet through PMs.

I believe that was more Divinek just claiming Veteran to BloodyC0bbler...
And so, we find the Sublime.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 04 2010 21:34 GMT
#3612
Now hurry up and everyone join flamewheels XXX so we can get that started right away n.n
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 04 2010 21:36 GMT
#3613
On August 05 2010 06:32 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 06:30 rastaban wrote:
there also were some other infiltrations, I think we learned Divinek was Vet through PMs.

I believe that was more Divinek just claiming Veteran to BloodyC0bbler...


that it was
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
August 04 2010 21:38 GMT
#3614
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Best mafia team I've ever been on, although only been on one other before. Protractinum and Pyrrholuxia where especially awesome simply on the ammount of effort and detail that went into so many of their posts.

I on the other hand was a blot of inactivity marring an otherwise brilliant team, but luck vindicated me abit in the suicide hit ^^
Adonai bless
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 04 2010 21:39 GMT
#3615
Honestly I feel I would've been safe if
1) Youngmini didn't immediately spurt out I false claimed
2) I wasn't miller
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
August 04 2010 21:40 GMT
#3616
On August 05 2010 06:39 Pandain wrote:
Honestly I feel I would've been safe if
1) Youngmini didn't immediately spurt out I false claimed
2) I wasn't miller

Nah, you would have died after Subversion was killed. I had the PMs.
And so, we find the Sublime.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 04 2010 21:40 GMT
#3617
On August 05 2010 06:38 XeliN wrote:
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Best mafia team I've ever been on, although only been on one other before. Protractinum and Pyrrholuxia where especially awesome simply on the ammount of effort and detail that went into so many of their posts.

I on the other hand was a blot of inactivity marring an otherwise brilliant team, but luck vindicated me abit in the suicide hit ^^


heh I can only imagine what the medic protecting you and zeks felt after you said that you were infested. Would've been so epic.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
August 04 2010 21:40 GMT
#3618
On August 05 2010 06:39 Pandain wrote:
Honestly I feel I would've been safe if
1) Youngmini didn't immediately spurt out I false claimed
2) I wasn't miller


or subversion didn't suspect you or you auto claimed to young then citizen, etc...

Alot of what you did made it easier to put doubt on you. They were honest mistakes but ones exploitable.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 04 2010 21:41 GMT
#3619
On August 05 2010 06:40 Protactinium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 06:39 Pandain wrote:
Honestly I feel I would've been safe if
1) Youngmini didn't immediately spurt out I false claimed
2) I wasn't miller

Nah, you would have died after Subversion was killed. I had the PMs.


Think I still would've been safe. Just "Subversion doubting me" wouldn't have lynched me. I could've argued out of it. It would just show me as reckless and impulsive, not mafia.

Also, I love how in so many pms you guys were like "Yeah, Pandain just does random stuff, too impulsive."

So true n.n
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
August 04 2010 21:45 GMT
#3620
On August 05 2010 06:27 Pandain wrote:
Four major events that saved mafia:
1.Inflitration of DT Subversion
2.The Xelin Attack
3.Sexy blue sniping
4.Medic protecting BC(hehe)

I actually think the mafia played badly. They won for a far simpler reason: the town was terrible.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 193 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings58
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE166
ProTech153
Nina 143
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13988
Artosis 627
PianO 36
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
canceldota134
League of Legends
Doublelift4070
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1689
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe85
Other Games
summit1g7021
shahzam563
Day[9].tv492
C9.Mang0397
Maynarde88
Trikslyr68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV155
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur646
• Day9tv492
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 54m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.