TL Mafia XXII
citi.zen is helping me cohost this game. Any questions you may have or night actions can be directed toward him or me.
+ Show Spoiler [Game Over!] +
Day 1 Post
Night 1 Post
Civility required, please.
Day 2 Post
Day 2 Lynch
Night 2 Post
Day 3 Post
Day 3 First Lynch
Day 3 Second Lynch
Night 3 Post
Day 4 Post
Night 4 Post
Day 5 Post
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking.
This mafia game works slightly different than the normal one (read: Mafia), so I'll explain it a bit more. During the night mafia will collectively decide on and send in their hits to me, who they want dead (it's a good idea to discuss them during day so you know ahead of time). Any player with a special role that can act during the night must PM me their actions each and every night. If there are any third parties, they have their own separate win conditions separate from those of the town and mafia.
If the mafia at any time outnumber the townspeople, they win the game. The goal for the townspeople is to lynch all the members of the mafia by whatever analysis, teamwork, or guile they have. The goal of the mafia, of course, is to kill the townspeople with murderous precision.
The game is typically very active and there are usually numerous walls of text to wade through. If you are not a person who likes reading then I highly suggest you don't play the game because it is essential to being informed within the game. I will not compensate for ignorance.
Rules: (subject to change)
In the past, many players have complained or quit because of the excessive badmouthing and pointless flaming. If you are posting aggressively and know you couldn't get away with it anywhere else on this site, it
Cheating includes (but is not limited to) the following and will get you banned from future games:
1. Posting after death. One polite goodbye post is acceptable but please do not post anything which could POSSIBLY affect the game.
2. Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account / checking their PMs / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM times to determine roles.
5. Posting screenshots of your inbox. This is not a photoshop competition.
6. Posting any PM you receive from a host.
7. Editing posts. Editing posts is not allowed for any reason. The mods can see your edits, and if you are caught, you will look suspicious. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be owned.
8. There are to be NO private messages this game for most roles. Roles that may PM will be told to them.
1. Voting is done in a separate thread, to be created once the game starts. Please keep votes there, and only votes. The third post of this thread will contain the vote count.
2. Please vote in the following format, to make it easier for everyone to read: ##Vote Qatol. While the bolding in itself is not necessarily needed, it makes it easier on everybody's eyes. Please bold. Votes not done in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will update votes whenever I get the chance.
3. You cannot autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You may vote for yourself if you're crazy. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins (or loses ) over the other person.
6. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
7. Lynching will be done on the majority lynch method. For example, if you have 20 players alive it takes 11 to lynch, and if 15 are alive it takes 8. However, regardless of when the lynch is made, the day still runs on a deadline, i.e. if Abenson is lynched with six hours to go, the night will not begin until those six hours have run their course. This is to prevent completely screwing up time cycles, since TL is a worldwide community, and people can't be here all at the same time.
8. In the event of nobody having a majority, then there will be no lynch for the day.
Inactivity has been a problem in every mafia game so far. Inactivity is most easily defined as failing to vote. If you do miss a vote, you will be modkilled. Special consideration will be exercised if a player in danger of being modkilled by this manner has been an active contributor in the thread. If something comes up and you know you will miss the vote, PM me in advance about it to let me know and you will be spared. Remember again: abstaining votes are NOT allowed. And once again, flaming is not tolerated. Keep it civil, or else you will receive a quick lightning bolt to the back of the head. Furthermore, you must post at least once in this thread to avoid being modkilled. Simply voting doesn't work. This is to prevent lurkers.
Anyone who is modkilled may not play in one of my games until they have proven themselves to be active players in another game.
You have been warned.
+ Show Spoiler +
Something burning-hot and life-ending this way comes.
No clues. I will not have the time, most likely.
This game will follow a strict 24 hour night/48 hour day cycle. In case I am not be there, any votes or actions after the end-of-the-cycle mark will not count and the game will be put on halt until I get the next post up.
Because of the way my tennis matches work, for now I am setting the time for cycle shifts at 9:00 EST. Sorry if this inconveniences anybody, though I'd rather be early than late. The first day will start on Sunday, Apr 18 1:00am GMT (GMT+00:00).
Chuiu, Ace, Tracil, Caller, BloodyC0bbler, Qatol, Ver, LTT, Plexa, Pyrrhuloxia, Incognito, dreamflower, and Zona for taking the time to run mafia games for us. Thanks guys for all your hard work.
Furthermore, props to the balance crew (you know who you are) for helping us to make this setup reasonably balanced.