• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:08
CEST 11:08
KST 18:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10041 users

TL Mafia XX - Page 56

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 77 Next
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 17 2010 04:06 GMT
#1101
i agree on the d3. he is acting completely different this game. i almost posted my own analysis on him, but i got tied up with L busting my chops.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
March 17 2010 04:07 GMT
#1102
On March 17 2010 12:57 Bill Murray wrote:
I feel like you all should keep me around based upon my alignment, my activity, and my ability to catch reds.

First, I am green. You can not be sure of this, but I am. I promise to not ever play another mafia game with you all if I am not green or black this game. I am yearning for a town win. I am comforted by incognito promising that the officials have their acts together. I have put heat on people that are red. I do not see how that I am even being considered for a lynch target.

I am a very active participant in the thread. There are many people with posts that you could count on your hands. I have had more than that on one page of the thread. Now, I'm not saying that my spamming is good, and starting with this post I'm going to attempt to begin consolidating my posting style again, like I tried to at the beginning of this thread, but if you'll notice in the thread it has shifted more towards course of action as opposed to FoS and putting heat on people. I feel like that my posting shifts with the current mood of the thread. The better the people are posting, and the more information they are giving out, the more I will take the game seriously and post like a champion.

I feel like that in a late game scenario, in which I am green, there is 1 red, and there is 1 medic, I will vote correctly a better percent of the time than almost anyone. I have a great instinct and intuition for scummy behavior over time. I am a great judge of people's character over time. The more information I have about people, the better I can do in relation to analyzing their thought process and their overall alignment. This requires time, and that requires me to live.

Think about what you all are doing. You are really arbitrarily wasting a lynch. There are 17 better candidates in my eyes, as I am the only person I am sure of.


Quit talking about how you're so good at finding the mafia. Go find them. Like L said previously in response to ~OpZ~'s long defense posts, defending yourself doesn't do that much good unless you have a solid case. Sadly, you don't. So instead of trying to defend yourself, start generating some content. That makes us way more likely to not lynch you than if you just sit here spamming "IM GREEN" all day.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 17 2010 04:07 GMT
#1103
On March 17 2010 13:05 Versatile wrote:
as far as inactive mafia, I10f and d3 are good targets, imo.

as for active mafia, I'd say you, and to top it off I'd probably put foolishness as the GF.

DTs plz pm your night 2 checks to me. or to someone you trust who will then pm me.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
March 17 2010 04:10 GMT
#1104
On March 17 2010 13:00 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 12:38 Incognito wrote:
If I were the mafia BD, do you really think I would waste BOTH of my two uses to not screw the town over? You really think I would confirm BC to you and link you guys to 2 DTs and a Hatter?

It is unlikely that both DTs would check the same target on night 1. However, sidesprang was fishy. So it is somewhat understandable. Again, yes, the double check on sidesprang was what made me initially suspicious. But now I'm almost 100% sure that we have 2 legit DTs.

The problem is Incognito, you keep making very obviously bad arguments. Coming from you this is confusing. Perhaps it's fine from L, but not you.

Here's why what you say above is wrong: as a mafia-aligned bus driver, your real power right now would not be busing people around, it would be information and access to a trusted circle.

I am seriously tempted to say that lynching one of you is the best move, just to confirm the color before we go forward. Especially if L goes back to obnoxious shit like this:

Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 12:40 L wrote:
Ah incog you're dumb. Don't tell them shit.


Can you point out my "obviously bad arguments"? I might be able to explain them.

Has anyone important died? No. Well, not besides Zona. But that would kinda be expected from the mafia, no? Either way, as a mafia, I'd be way more inclined to just silence the people who roleclaim to me with bullets instead of trying to goad them, waste my powers, AND telling this all to the town.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
March 17 2010 04:11 GMT
#1105
On March 17 2010 13:05 Bill Murray wrote:
xelin is green just like i am, that's what i bloody think.


Why.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 17 2010 04:11 GMT
#1106
On March 17 2010 13:07 Incognito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 12:57 Bill Murray wrote:
I feel like you all should keep me around based upon my alignment, my activity, and my ability to catch reds.

First, I am green. You can not be sure of this, but I am. I promise to not ever play another mafia game with you all if I am not green or black this game. I am yearning for a town win. I am comforted by incognito promising that the officials have their acts together. I have put heat on people that are red. I do not see how that I am even being considered for a lynch target.

I am a very active participant in the thread. There are many people with posts that you could count on your hands. I have had more than that on one page of the thread. Now, I'm not saying that my spamming is good, and starting with this post I'm going to attempt to begin consolidating my posting style again, like I tried to at the beginning of this thread, but if you'll notice in the thread it has shifted more towards course of action as opposed to FoS and putting heat on people. I feel like that my posting shifts with the current mood of the thread. The better the people are posting, and the more information they are giving out, the more I will take the game seriously and post like a champion.

I feel like that in a late game scenario, in which I am green, there is 1 red, and there is 1 medic, I will vote correctly a better percent of the time than almost anyone. I have a great instinct and intuition for scummy behavior over time. I am a great judge of people's character over time. The more information I have about people, the better I can do in relation to analyzing their thought process and their overall alignment. This requires time, and that requires me to live.

Think about what you all are doing. You are really arbitrarily wasting a lynch. There are 17 better candidates in my eyes, as I am the only person I am sure of.


Quit talking about how you're so good at finding the mafia. Go find them. Like L said previously in response to ~OpZ~'s long defense posts, defending yourself doesn't do that much good unless you have a solid case. Sadly, you don't. So instead of trying to defend yourself, start generating some content. That makes us way more likely to not lynch you than if you just sit here spamming "IM GREEN" all day.



I have the best defense in the world.
I'm green.
You want to put your head up for execution when I flip green? No? I wonder why. Because you know I'm town aligned.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 17 2010 04:14 GMT
#1107
On March 17 2010 13:00 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 12:38 Incognito wrote:
If I were the mafia BD, do you really think I would waste BOTH of my two uses to not screw the town over? You really think I would confirm BC to you and link you guys to 2 DTs and a Hatter?

It is unlikely that both DTs would check the same target on night 1. However, sidesprang was fishy. So it is somewhat understandable. Again, yes, the double check on sidesprang was what made me initially suspicious. But now I'm almost 100% sure that we have 2 legit DTs.

The problem is Incognito, you keep making very obviously bad arguments. Coming from you this is confusing. Perhaps it's fine from L, but not you.

Here's why what you say above is wrong: as a mafia-aligned bus driver, your real power right now would not be busing people around, it would be information and access to a trusted circle.

I am seriously tempted to say that lynching one of you is the best move, just to confirm the color before we go forward. Especially if L goes back to obnoxious shit like this:

Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 12:40 L wrote:
Ah incog you're dumb. Don't tell them shit.


Still can't understand why the "other DT" would trust Incognito, the un-confirmable bus driver, over L, who he got to personally check.

Another thing too: Ace dropped from this game because he thought it was too town-imbalanced with ONE DT in office, given the two body-guards, medics and unlimited checks. Now we're told there are TWO DTs and a town-allied bus driver? Why would Flamewheel do that? It makes no sense to me.

Sorry to keep harping on this, but if Incognito (or, as a remote possibility, all 3 of you) are red, we're screwed.

Of course, if you're all true-blue all's great. I'd love to be able to believe that, but I can't do it yet.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 17 2010 04:14 GMT
#1108
Please fucking ignore him incog. Its pretty obvious that he's guilty as shit.

Focus on important matters; If you trust me, Its claim time.

DTs: Night check information from night 2 please.

Bus Drivers and Medics: I can understand you guys being afraid, so I won't be dropping the hateraid on you if you don't claim, but we need to co-ordinate protection for the next night. Its REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT. So give me a shout if you think I'm legit, which you probably should if you've read this thread for long enough.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
johnnyspazz
Profile Joined April 2009
Taiwan1470 Posts
March 17 2010 04:15 GMT
#1109
perhaps we should lynch L and see if bombs explode
"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less." -Brendan Behan
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 17 2010 04:18 GMT
#1110
On March 17 2010 13:15 johnnyspazz wrote:
perhaps we should lynch L and see if bombs explode

Incognito makes more sense. but at this point I'd lynch L just for fun.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
March 17 2010 04:18 GMT
#1111
On March 17 2010 13:11 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 13:07 Incognito wrote:
On March 17 2010 12:57 Bill Murray wrote:
I feel like you all should keep me around based upon my alignment, my activity, and my ability to catch reds.

First, I am green. You can not be sure of this, but I am. I promise to not ever play another mafia game with you all if I am not green or black this game. I am yearning for a town win. I am comforted by incognito promising that the officials have their acts together. I have put heat on people that are red. I do not see how that I am even being considered for a lynch target.

I am a very active participant in the thread. There are many people with posts that you could count on your hands. I have had more than that on one page of the thread. Now, I'm not saying that my spamming is good, and starting with this post I'm going to attempt to begin consolidating my posting style again, like I tried to at the beginning of this thread, but if you'll notice in the thread it has shifted more towards course of action as opposed to FoS and putting heat on people. I feel like that my posting shifts with the current mood of the thread. The better the people are posting, and the more information they are giving out, the more I will take the game seriously and post like a champion.

I feel like that in a late game scenario, in which I am green, there is 1 red, and there is 1 medic, I will vote correctly a better percent of the time than almost anyone. I have a great instinct and intuition for scummy behavior over time. I am a great judge of people's character over time. The more information I have about people, the better I can do in relation to analyzing their thought process and their overall alignment. This requires time, and that requires me to live.

Think about what you all are doing. You are really arbitrarily wasting a lynch. There are 17 better candidates in my eyes, as I am the only person I am sure of.


Quit talking about how you're so good at finding the mafia. Go find them. Like L said previously in response to ~OpZ~'s long defense posts, defending yourself doesn't do that much good unless you have a solid case. Sadly, you don't. So instead of trying to defend yourself, start generating some content. That makes us way more likely to not lynch you than if you just sit here spamming "IM GREEN" all day.



I have the best defense in the world.
I'm green.
You want to put your head up for execution when I flip green? No? I wonder why. Because you know I'm town aligned.


Thats it. I'm done with you. I gave you a chance, and you ignored it.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
March 17 2010 04:21 GMT
#1112
I would actually say If they don't want to RC to L, RC to me.

From two days worth of checks, 5 peoples roles have been cleared through. We also have the dead people as a set of people to count off.

that is 11 of 25 players confirmed via check or death.

Anyone feel like stepping up and RCing is more than welcome.
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 17 2010 04:22 GMT
#1113
On March 17 2010 13:14 L wrote:
Please fucking ignore him incog. Its pretty obvious that he's guilty as shit.

Focus on important matters; If you trust me, Its claim time.

DTs: Night check information from night 2 please.

Bus Drivers and Medics: I can understand you guys being afraid, so I won't be dropping the hateraid on you if you don't claim, but we need to co-ordinate protection for the next night. Its REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT. So give me a shout if you think I'm legit, which you probably should if you've read this thread for long enough.

L, how about this: lynch me today.

If I turn red... good riddance, you get to move on.

If I turn blue, the town the uses the 2x lynch on you and Incognito. He is the un-confirmable bus driver who already used his powers anyway, and you supposedly wanted to be blown up anyway to kill your great targets and help the town.

I don't mind being lynched one bit if it helps the town confirm both of you. On your end, this is the 3rd time you call me red. Back your shit up and vote for my lynching.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
March 17 2010 04:24 GMT
#1114
On March 17 2010 13:22 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 13:14 L wrote:
Please fucking ignore him incog. Its pretty obvious that he's guilty as shit.

Focus on important matters; If you trust me, Its claim time.

DTs: Night check information from night 2 please.

Bus Drivers and Medics: I can understand you guys being afraid, so I won't be dropping the hateraid on you if you don't claim, but we need to co-ordinate protection for the next night. Its REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT. So give me a shout if you think I'm legit, which you probably should if you've read this thread for long enough.

L, how about this: lynch me today.

If I turn red... good riddance, you get to move on.

If I turn blue, the town the uses the 2x lynch on you and Incognito. He is the un-confirmable bus driver who already used his powers anyway, and you supposedly wanted to be blown up anyway to kill your great targets and help the town.

I don't mind being lynched one bit if it helps the town confirm both of you. On your end, this is the 3rd time you call me red. Back your shit up and vote for my lynching.


you make no allowance for being green? thanks for confirming you have a role of some sorts
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 17 2010 04:24 GMT
#1115
On March 17 2010 13:22 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 13:14 L wrote:
Please fucking ignore him incog. Its pretty obvious that he's guilty as shit.

Focus on important matters; If you trust me, Its claim time.

DTs: Night check information from night 2 please.

Bus Drivers and Medics: I can understand you guys being afraid, so I won't be dropping the hateraid on you if you don't claim, but we need to co-ordinate protection for the next night. Its REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT. So give me a shout if you think I'm legit, which you probably should if you've read this thread for long enough.

L, how about this: lynch me today.

If I turn red... good riddance, you get to move on.

If I turn blue, the town the uses the 2x lynch on you and Incognito. He is the un-confirmable bus driver who already used his powers anyway, and you supposedly wanted to be blown up anyway to kill your great targets and help the town.

I don't mind being lynched one bit if it helps the town confirm both of you. On your end, this is the 3rd time you call me red. Back your shit up and vote for my lynching.

Citi.zen, how about this: We lynch BM today. If he dies and flips green I'll put a bomb on you and when I die you'll die regardless.

K?

K.

Thanks.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
March 17 2010 04:27 GMT
#1116
On March 17 2010 13:14 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 13:00 citi.zen wrote:
On March 17 2010 12:38 Incognito wrote:
If I were the mafia BD, do you really think I would waste BOTH of my two uses to not screw the town over? You really think I would confirm BC to you and link you guys to 2 DTs and a Hatter?

It is unlikely that both DTs would check the same target on night 1. However, sidesprang was fishy. So it is somewhat understandable. Again, yes, the double check on sidesprang was what made me initially suspicious. But now I'm almost 100% sure that we have 2 legit DTs.

The problem is Incognito, you keep making very obviously bad arguments. Coming from you this is confusing. Perhaps it's fine from L, but not you.

Here's why what you say above is wrong: as a mafia-aligned bus driver, your real power right now would not be busing people around, it would be information and access to a trusted circle.

I am seriously tempted to say that lynching one of you is the best move, just to confirm the color before we go forward. Especially if L goes back to obnoxious shit like this:

On March 17 2010 12:40 L wrote:
Ah incog you're dumb. Don't tell them shit.


Still can't understand why the "other DT" would trust Incognito, the un-confirmable bus driver, over L, who he got to personally check.

Another thing too: Ace dropped from this game because he thought it was too town-imbalanced with ONE DT in office, given the two body-guards, medics and unlimited checks. Now we're told there are TWO DTs and a town-allied bus driver? Why would Flamewheel do that? It makes no sense to me.

Sorry to keep harping on this, but if Incognito (or, as a remote possibility, all 3 of you) are red, we're screwed.

Of course, if you're all true-blue all's great. I'd love to be able to believe that, but I can't do it yet.


Yes, I was wondering why he didnt claim to L either. I think it was something related to not trusting L/ thinking L would leak. Bad reasoning, I know, but I think it was a blind faith claim. But hey, we know a bunch of people who've claimed blindly.

Yes, this game is hillariously imba. But totally awesome if you're the driver. Unfortunately, the role will probably be never used again since its so imba.

If I'm red, why would I need to hit the BGs? If I already have BC in the bag, why would I need him dead?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 17 2010 04:28 GMT
#1117
On March 17 2010 13:10 Incognito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 13:00 citi.zen wrote:
On March 17 2010 12:38 Incognito wrote:
If I were the mafia BD, do you really think I would waste BOTH of my two uses to not screw the town over? You really think I would confirm BC to you and link you guys to 2 DTs and a Hatter?

It is unlikely that both DTs would check the same target on night 1. However, sidesprang was fishy. So it is somewhat understandable. Again, yes, the double check on sidesprang was what made me initially suspicious. But now I'm almost 100% sure that we have 2 legit DTs.

The problem is Incognito, you keep making very obviously bad arguments. Coming from you this is confusing. Perhaps it's fine from L, but not you.

Here's why what you say above is wrong: as a mafia-aligned bus driver, your real power right now would not be busing people around, it would be information and access to a trusted circle.

I am seriously tempted to say that lynching one of you is the best move, just to confirm the color before we go forward. Especially if L goes back to obnoxious shit like this:

On March 17 2010 12:40 L wrote:
Ah incog you're dumb. Don't tell them shit.


Can you point out my "obviously bad arguments"? I might be able to explain them.

Has anyone important died? No. Well, not besides Zona. But that would kinda be expected from the mafia, no? Either way, as a mafia, I'd be way more inclined to just silence the people who roleclaim to me with bullets instead of trying to goad them, waste my powers, AND telling this all to the town.


Shall we start here:

On March 13 2010 10:52 Zona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2010 09:09 Incognito wrote:
DT Check List:
CynanMachae
~OpZ~
Sidesprang

Medic Prot List:
Incognito
Bodyguard A
Bodyguard B
Why are you dictating a list for the DT's and Medics? Do you have any reasons for the people you've chosen?

Let the DTs and medics choose for themselves. If you post a public list, and the DTs and medics actually follow it, the mafia bus driver can effectively screw with the town without even needing to find his/her fellow mafia members in order to coordinate. I think these lists are not a helpful idea for the town.

It also irks me that you've declared your idea to be final without thinking through the differences in the mechanics in this game. Or perhaps you have, but decided to hold such things back and post the flawed argument nonetheless.
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2010 09:11 Incognito wrote:
2. Please refrain from deviating from this list unless you have VERY good reasons.
Yuck.


Also, what the heck is this:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2010 03:53 Incognito wrote:
Day 1 lynch targets. Looks like the race is between BC and L. Who are you guys going to lynch?

I have a feeling Malongo/Foolishness/Versatile are good targets. All been quiet, all good enough to be mafia since I think the three candidates are town. They just haven't done enough for me to see them as town-sided. What does everyone else think?
Why are you simply naming the other reputable players in the game? "Good enough to be mafia"? How does being "good" have any relation to their chance of being mafia in a game with randomly distributed roles? And being quiet isn't automatically a mafia tell. Maybe they just want to try a different style this game.

Finally, did you put a serious effort into your election campaign beyond the initial posts?



Show nested quote +
On March 13 2010 10:18 nemY wrote:
On March 13 2010 06:45 Incognito wrote:
On March 13 2010 06:37 nemY wrote:
I think regardless of who gets elected the most important thing the DT(s) should NOT do is ROLE-CLAIM to the mayor/pardoner. The chances of one of them being GF is so high that it's just not worth it yet.


Unless the DT is telling other people about it too, you'd think a DT for GF trade is good, no?


Absolutely not. DT for GF is not a good trade. With no clue analysis, unlimited role checks and only behavior analysis, DT is the most powerful role in the game.
nemY is absolutely right in this case. First of all the GF role only has a purpose if the DT is still around, so if you lose the DT, the GF is just another mafia member. Secondly, and I'm probably reiterating things that everyone knows, the power of the DT is not only to identify mafia but to privately or publicly confirm town members for various uses. (Private trust-worthy discussions, for example.) And so trading the DT for a single mafia member is not ideal.


I'm surprised that this early in the game I'm making a post of this size focused on just one of our players, but those three statements are truly bad ideas that do not help the town. Whether they were things you truly overlooked while formulating your ideas or are intentional actions, the town will have to examine what plans you propose very carefully.


P.S. Everyone who's using red and blue and whatever colors to strengthen your posts - please don't. The colors themselves do not contribute anything whatsoever to your reasoning, and instead (at least to me) shows that you don't have enough confidence in your arguments alone and have to rely on gimmicks to reinforce them.


Or perhaps here:

On March 16 2010 07:44 Zona wrote:
Damn there's a lot to catch up on. I'm going to respond to bits and pieces as I read them, so prepare for quite a few posts.
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2010 04:00 Incognito wrote:
Anyway, at the rate that this is going, I am considering pardoning Abenson if he wins this lynch. Not because I am convinced of his innocence, but because I think you guys are just trying to bandwagon him to death.

Do not pardon anyone. (I'm still catching up on posts and haven't decided whether or not he feels innocent.) Even if he is innocent and dies, we need that information as town. If you pardon, we have no idea whether or not he is innocent, and we cannot use that information to evaluate how people were discussing him. Even a town member being lynched provides more information than we had before, and we need this information.

To be honest I think the existence of a pardoner is not helpful to the town because pardoning itself is rarely beneficial, and is downright dangerous in the hands of a mafia pardoner late game, but that's a discussion for elsewhere, I suppose.

In my view this is just not the sort of strategy someone with your experience, who knows and thought about the rules deeply, would come up with.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
March 17 2010 04:30 GMT
#1118
On March 17 2010 13:22 citi.zen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 13:14 L wrote:
Please fucking ignore him incog. Its pretty obvious that he's guilty as shit.

Focus on important matters; If you trust me, Its claim time.

DTs: Night check information from night 2 please.

Bus Drivers and Medics: I can understand you guys being afraid, so I won't be dropping the hateraid on you if you don't claim, but we need to co-ordinate protection for the next night. Its REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT. So give me a shout if you think I'm legit, which you probably should if you've read this thread for long enough.

L, how about this: lynch me today.

If I turn red... good riddance, you get to move on.

If I turn blue, the town the uses the 2x lynch on you and Incognito. He is the un-confirmable bus driver who already used his powers anyway, and you supposedly wanted to be blown up anyway to kill your great targets and help the town.

I don't mind being lynched one bit if it helps the town confirm both of you. On your end, this is the 3rd time you call me red. Back your shit up and vote for my lynching.


Why do you feel the need to be so defensive when we obviously have a bunch of other better targets to lynch?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
March 17 2010 04:31 GMT
#1119
Dear town, please don't waste a lynch on me. I don't mind being killed by mafia, but I would be very sad if you wasted your lynches on me.

There's something not right about Xelin right now. What bothers me isn't his inconsistent behavior in this single game... but in that apparently he feels much, much better about his mafia-detection in this game, enough that he would run himself on a platform in the early game. The fact that he defends BM is irrelevant to me - BM plays so ridiculously that he could be anything. It's not enough to make me think, "yes, Xelin is as RED as cherry pie" but obviously if the town decides to lynch him and prove me wrong I won't say a word. I think the case with Iaaan is similar - he wouldn't be trying retarded PM-traps unless he was town. Then again we can lynch him too and see what happens.

I think Foolishness is a much stronger candidate to lynch, given he hasn't really said anything in recent memory and could very well be GF. I'm also wondering about Nemy, who's been relatively silent throughout the game as well. l10f is a pretty bad choice for lynch, because as far as I know ALL of the games he's played in he's stayed on the down-low, even when he was blue/green. The time to root out inactives is now, yes - but we've got to pick the right ones.

Incog, have you explained WHY you switched sidesprang and L? That's the part that bothers me the most at this point, because while your abilities aren't in question your alignment still is. At this point I'm thinking it might even be beneficial for a mafia-aligned Bus to perform some pro-town actions in the beginning.
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
March 17 2010 04:33 GMT
#1120
On March 17 2010 13:24 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2010 13:22 citi.zen wrote:
On March 17 2010 13:14 L wrote:
Please fucking ignore him incog. Its pretty obvious that he's guilty as shit.

Focus on important matters; If you trust me, Its claim time.

DTs: Night check information from night 2 please.

Bus Drivers and Medics: I can understand you guys being afraid, so I won't be dropping the hateraid on you if you don't claim, but we need to co-ordinate protection for the next night. Its REALLY FUCKING IMPORTANT. So give me a shout if you think I'm legit, which you probably should if you've read this thread for long enough.

L, how about this: lynch me today.

If I turn red... good riddance, you get to move on.

If I turn blue, the town the uses the 2x lynch on you and Incognito. He is the un-confirmable bus driver who already used his powers anyway, and you supposedly wanted to be blown up anyway to kill your great targets and help the town.

I don't mind being lynched one bit if it helps the town confirm both of you. On your end, this is the 3rd time you call me red. Back your shit up and vote for my lynching.

Citi.zen, how about this: We lynch BM today. If he dies and flips green I'll put a bomb on you and when I die you'll die regardless.

K?

K.

Thanks.

For the last time: I don't care about BM, and his color is irrelevant. I really hope you are all blue, but at this time things just don't add up.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 183
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1046
Mind 902
Larva 610
ggaemo 600
Stork 329
Leta 200
Bisu 193
PianO 169
Killer 45
Hyuk 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
Sexy 23
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
sorry 13
Hm[arnc] 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe188
League of Legends
JimRising 370
Reynor92
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1267
Other Games
Mew2King118
ArmadaUGS60
crisheroes45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream181
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5388
• lizZardDota2358
League of Legends
• Stunt1232
• Jankos1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
52m
Online Event
1h 52m
FEL
6h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.