• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:17
CEST 10:17
KST 17:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7522 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 36

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 180 Next
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
November 09 2010 07:33 GMT
#701
To be honest, I've never found anything wrong from being completely objective. I guess to each his own but polite games tend to stay under wraps longer.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
November 10 2010 14:47 GMT
#702
On November 09 2010 11:38 orgolove wrote:
All right. I'll wait until Insane finishes before I bring this up again. :/

Geez, I've always been of the opinion that some Trashtalk has its place, and the psychological tilt it incurs from the players could be used to great advantage. Is that not the purpose of Mafia? I guess it depends on the setting and environment. Irregardless of personal bias, whenever I play mafia I always look for openings that can be exploited, wounds that can be (re-)opened to disorient the enemy.

Sigh, I'll bring it down. Nothing's worth being unable to participate.


If I were to play Mafia in real life, I would beat my opponents to a pulp, stick a straw in their heads and suck up their brains to learn all of their little secrets!

There's some psycho-logical warfare for you.
靈魂交響曲
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 16:13:53
November 10 2010 16:13 GMT
#703
On November 09 2010 11:38 orgolove wrote:
All right. I'll wait until Insane finishes before I bring this up again. :/

Geez, I've always been of the opinion that some Trashtalk has its place, and the psychological tilt it incurs from the players could be used to great advantage. Is that not the purpose of Mafia? I guess it depends on the setting and environment. Irregardless of personal bias, whenever I play mafia I always look for openings that can be exploited, wounds that can be (re-)opened to disorient the enemy.

Sigh, I'll bring it down. Nothing's worth being unable to participate.


Trashtalk totally has its place but you have to reserve your personal opinions about a person. When you play mafia you need to establish a role. When you play this game you play as a character, not as oh say.. "Amber[LighT]." If I played each game how I act in real life I would be very friendly and nice, which would get nowhere. Everything is dictated as how a person is posting, not who the person is.

I agree that the person you are speaking about has an odd way of playing. Do I agree with his method? No. Am I attacking him left and right? No. Do I bandwagon what he says? Never. Did I request for him to be lynched? Of course. Did I say why without mentioning his character or insulting him as a person? I would hope so.

In time players start to refine their tactics and people start to understand how to play better without openly insulting people. Can't blame you for doing it though
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 10 2010 18:56 GMT
#704
You have to learn light the fire under somebody without getting too personal. It isn't hard to put a lot of pressure on a person, frustrate them, get them to start being irrational without outright insulting them. It takes a little bit of finesse.
RIP Aaliyah
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
November 10 2010 22:35 GMT
#705
O HEY GUYS i thought this was the tl.net mafia ban list but it looks like its turning into the why is coag so bad list.
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
November 12 2010 03:11 GMT
#706
On November 09 2010 11:38 orgolove wrote:
All right. I'll wait until Insane finishes before I bring this up again. :/


Hi.

Now that insane mafia is over, I'd like to use the "Don't Lose Yo Village" mafia as my penalty game.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 12 2010 04:13 GMT
#707
On November 12 2010 12:11 orgolove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2010 11:38 orgolove wrote:
All right. I'll wait until Insane finishes before I bring this up again. :/


Hi.

Now that insane mafia is over, I'd like to use the "Don't Lose Yo Village" mafia as my penalty game.

Generally we haven't been allowing the mini games to apply because they're over so fast. I haven't seen objections for using Sengoku though, so I'm inclined to say that one is fine. Or I guess you can use Salem, depending on which one actually starts.
Uff Da
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
November 12 2010 04:39 GMT
#708
Thank you :D

I'll keep it down for the coming times. I promise.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-25 11:11:00
November 14 2010 10:13 GMT
#709
On November 09 2010 10:57 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
lets have a game where everyone hosts a game within the game and all the roles are hidden but really the hosts are the mafia but don't know it

I think my mind just imploded then exploded
Edit: Yo dawg i heard you like mafia?
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
November 28 2010 16:54 GMT
#710
Im guessing perma ban
What do others think?
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 28 2010 17:05 GMT
#711
agreed. remove access from forums too imo.
RIP Aaliyah
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
November 28 2010 17:11 GMT
#712
On November 29 2010 02:05 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
agreed. remove access from forums too imo.

That would be good also
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Glasse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1237 Posts
November 28 2010 18:49 GMT
#713
remove access from tl too imo
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
November 28 2010 18:58 GMT
#714
Uh I think I'll wait for BC and RoL to weigh in before I say anything of consequence.
Uff Da
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
November 28 2010 20:15 GMT
#715
LETS REMOVE ACCESS TO LIFE
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-28 20:21:22
November 28 2010 20:16 GMT
#716
Ruining games out of spite should be a policy lifetime ban. Especially when its in a learning game no less.
RIP Aaliyah
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-28 20:29:11
November 28 2010 20:20 GMT
#717
^^ You should delete that post DrH, for both you and Scaramanga's sake

Edit: Much better
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
November 28 2010 20:21 GMT
#718
why its completely 100% true and justified..
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
November 28 2010 20:23 GMT
#719
On November 29 2010 05:20 Foolishness wrote:
^^ You should delete that post DrH, for both you and Scaramanga's sake


Scara knows better... it's not like DrH is throwing threats around or anything.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
November 28 2010 20:24 GMT
#720
On November 29 2010 05:20 Foolishness wrote:
^^ You should delete that post DrH, for both you and Scaramanga's sake

fine T_T

i'm just disappoint because I thought me and scara were buds
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4497
Leta 2321
BeSt 511
Soulkey 433
Soma 202
Rush 84
Shine 31
ZergMaN 29
Shinee 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe168
League of Legends
JimRising 568
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
WinterStarcraft733
Sick241
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1011
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 43m
Patches Events
6h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 43m
OSC
14h 43m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.