• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9091 users

TL Mafia Ban List - Page 32

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 180 Next
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 30 2010 23:13 GMT
#621
I'm fine with scrutiny

I'm not ok with you shitting on my mod job when it's irrelevant. That was uncalled for, don't give me that bullshit dude.
RIP Aaliyah
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
October 30 2010 23:16 GMT
#622
On October 31 2010 08:12 orgolove wrote:
Unbelievable. You didn't consider that I was calling his willingness to dismiss others as "trash." as childish?


And DrH, if you can't handle the scrutiny so much that you post things like this:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2010 14:36 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
i'll be honest you hurt my feelings.


Then perhaps you shouldn't play mafia at all. -_-


Dude, all my questions at first stemmed from my willingness to do whatever it took to get FishBall elected. Everything else was acceptable casualty. What made you so... sensitive that my aggressive comments evoked such a hostile response?


This isn't just an act of my own. It was a combination of both you and me.

Understatement of the century here.

I'll grant that Doc fueled the fire between you two, but there's no reason why either of you couldn't just back off. The difference is, as stated before, that Doc attacked posts, while you attacked people directly. Don't try and deny that statement or blow it off as "hurt feelings".

My advice is to sit out your ban and come back a better player because of this. You now know where to draw the line when it comes to aggression, so I'm sure your play in future Mafia games will be improved because of it. (No sarcasm here, I meant what I said.)
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 30 2010 23:16 GMT
#623
I'll post it here again:
On October 31 2010 08:14 orgolove wrote:
Parting note. My mindset was thus: I would do WHATEVER it took to get Fishball elected. Thus why I fought against the Pandain bandwagon, then spent the last 24 hours fighting against the DrH voting wave.

I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings. But I deemed DoctorHelvetica's discomfort an acceptable casualty if Fishball could be elected mayor and lead the town to victory.



I was hoping that you'd slip up enough that people would be turned away from your candidacy. But it was not enough. And Fishball just wasn't active enough to claim the seat.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 30 2010 23:17 GMT
#624
your intentions don't warrant personal insults
RIP Aaliyah
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
October 30 2010 23:20 GMT
#625
orgolove just drop it.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
October 30 2010 23:24 GMT
#626
The correct way to have responded orgolove, would be to say. "Your arguments are illogical and flat out wrong." Not "You are illogical"

This is the difference between arguing and flaming. Flaming is when you attack someone on a personal level. This is bad for mafia.

On October 31 2010 08:12 orgolove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2010 14:36 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
i'll be honest you hurt my feelings.


Then perhaps you shouldn't play mafia at all. -_-

Mafia is a game, we're here to have fun. We don't want people yelling and screaming. We especially don't want people to be personally offended.

Sure you might get pissed for getting killed in a game. That's granted. But something is wrong if someone gets pissed because of discussion

On October 31 2010 08:12 orgolove wrote:
Dude, all my questions at first stemmed from my willingness to do whatever it took to get FishBall elected. Everything else was acceptable casualty. What made you so... sensitive that my aggressive comments evoked such a hostile response?


This isn't just an act of my own. It was a combination of both you and me.

It doesn't matter if DocH was sensitive or if he is sarcastic. No one should have to deal with flaming. And frankly, we don't want to scare people off because they felt that Mafia was too hostile.

Take your ban like a man, and drop it, before Artanis decides to push for harsher punishment
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
October 31 2010 00:37 GMT
#627
On October 31 2010 08:24 LSB wrote:
The correct way to have responded orgolove, would be to say. "Your arguments are illogical and flat out wrong." Not "You are illogical"

This is the difference between arguing and flaming. Flaming is when you attack someone on a personal level. This is bad for mafia.

Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 08:12 orgolove wrote:
On October 30 2010 14:36 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
i'll be honest you hurt my feelings.


Then perhaps you shouldn't play mafia at all. -_-

Mafia is a game, we're here to have fun. We don't want people yelling and screaming. We especially don't want people to be personally offended.

Sure you might get pissed for getting killed in a game. That's granted. But something is wrong if someone gets pissed because of discussion

Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 08:12 orgolove wrote:
Dude, all my questions at first stemmed from my willingness to do whatever it took to get FishBall elected. Everything else was acceptable casualty. What made you so... sensitive that my aggressive comments evoked such a hostile response?


This isn't just an act of my own. It was a combination of both you and me.

It doesn't matter if DocH was sensitive or if he is sarcastic. No one should have to deal with flaming. And frankly, we don't want to scare people off because they felt that Mafia was too hostile.

Take your ban like a man, and drop it, before Artanis decides to push for harsher punishment

This is basically it. You insult the argument and the actions, not the player. This isn't a new policy in mafia games. In fact, your insults were especially blatant because you insulted things completely outside the game (how DrH modded the last game).

Another thing to note is we don't take kindly to continuing criticism on mistakes the host makes. If they don't realize it is a mistake, you might mention it and say you have a problem with it. However, insulting the host for doing you a favor and creating the game for you is over the line.

Also, when the host warns you, that is usually a good indication that they are losing patience with you and don't want to see anything more out of you. You might want to PM them and find out where they think the line is.
Uff Da
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
October 31 2010 01:29 GMT
#628
Regarding Orgolove, I suggest a 1 game ban.
lol1221, Quickstriker, and ShmotZ were all modkilled. I'd suggest a 2 game ban for lol1221 because (s)he has never said anything to me, and only a one game ban to QuickStriker and ShmotZ as they did provide reasons though I do not feel they are suffecient to warrant not voting for 51 hours.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
October 31 2010 03:17 GMT
#629
On October 31 2010 10:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Regarding Orgolove, I suggest a 1 game ban.
lol1221, Quickstriker, and ShmotZ were all modkilled. I'd suggest a 2 game ban for lol1221 because (s)he has never said anything to me, and only a one game ban to QuickStriker and ShmotZ as they did provide reasons though I do not feel they are suffecient to warrant not voting for 51 hours.

Umm complete inactives usually get the standard ban. Is there a reason you would have warned and banned lol1221 in this game?
Uff Da
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-31 04:03:31
October 31 2010 04:03 GMT
#630
On October 31 2010 12:17 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 10:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Regarding Orgolove, I suggest a 1 game ban.
lol1221, Quickstriker, and ShmotZ were all modkilled. I'd suggest a 2 game ban for lol1221 because (s)he has never said anything to me, and only a one game ban to QuickStriker and ShmotZ as they did provide reasons though I do not feel they are suffecient to warrant not voting for 51 hours.

Umm complete inactives usually get the standard ban. Is there a reason you would have warned and banned lol1221 in this game?

I suppose a 1 game ban is fine too. Just figured that people who did communicate back to me should get preferential treatment in this. I pmed every player at least twice after the role PM.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
October 31 2010 04:20 GMT
#631
On October 31 2010 13:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 12:17 Qatol wrote:
On October 31 2010 10:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Regarding Orgolove, I suggest a 1 game ban.
lol1221, Quickstriker, and ShmotZ were all modkilled. I'd suggest a 2 game ban for lol1221 because (s)he has never said anything to me, and only a one game ban to QuickStriker and ShmotZ as they did provide reasons though I do not feel they are suffecient to warrant not voting for 51 hours.

Umm complete inactives usually get the standard ban. Is there a reason you would have warned and banned lol1221 in this game?

I suppose a 1 game ban is fine too. Just figured that people who did communicate back to me should get preferential treatment in this. I pmed every player at least twice after the role PM.

I was under the impression that they do. If they respond, they have a chance at a warning depending on why they missed the vote. You don't even get that chance if you don't PM.
Uff Da
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 31 2010 04:33 GMT
#632
I suppose I can't be let off with a warning? It's only my second mafia game here - I'd like to be given another chance.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
October 31 2010 04:49 GMT
#633
orgolove you need to stop shitting on people so much.. its just a fucking game.
Honestly your kind of a jerkoff and im glad your gone.
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
October 31 2010 05:07 GMT
#634
Darn, it seems I got modkilled and banned for a game without realizing my situation. I was at that Colbert/Stewart rally all day in DC so I had no access to a computer for a good 2 days but that isn't a good reason I suppose. I'll accept whatever punishment falls upon me since I suppose it was my fault for being inactive in this game. It would be a more correct response if I notify specifically to be replaced due to life but next time, I will be more careful and only play mafia when I do have the time to. Thanks...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 31 2010 05:09 GMT
#635
On October 31 2010 14:07 QuickStriker wrote:
Darn, it seems I got modkilled and banned for a game without realizing my situation. I was at that Colbert/Stewart rally all day in DC so I had no access to a computer for a good 2 days but that isn't a good reason I suppose. I'll accept whatever punishment falls upon me since I suppose it was my fault for being inactive in this game. It would be a more correct response if I notify specifically to be replaced due to life but next time, I will be more careful and only play mafia when I do have the time to. Thanks...


you actually got in? We barely even got to see the screen and just went back
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
October 31 2010 05:12 GMT
#636
On October 31 2010 13:49 Coagulation wrote:
orgolove you need to stop shitting on people so much.. its just a fucking game.
Honestly your kind of a jerkoff and im glad your gone.

Are you claiming that your idiocy didn't deserve any scorn during the Haunted Mafia? Remind me never to trust you in any future mafia game I'm in.
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-31 05:15:50
October 31 2010 05:15 GMT
#637
On October 31 2010 14:09 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 14:07 QuickStriker wrote:
Darn, it seems I got modkilled and banned for a game without realizing my situation. I was at that Colbert/Stewart rally all day in DC so I had no access to a computer for a good 2 days but that isn't a good reason I suppose. I'll accept whatever punishment falls upon me since I suppose it was my fault for being inactive in this game. It would be a more correct response if I notify specifically to be replaced due to life but next time, I will be more careful and only play mafia when I do have the time to. Thanks...


you actually got in? We barely even got to see the screen and just went back

I was at the very front actually (next to the stage cameras), I'm going to make a blog entry about it later with pictures but yea, I was there since 8:30 AM... And even then, there were thousands at that time...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
October 31 2010 05:18 GMT
#638
On October 31 2010 14:12 orgolove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 13:49 Coagulation wrote:
orgolove you need to stop shitting on people so much.. its just a fucking game.
Honestly your kind of a jerkoff and im glad your gone.

Are you claiming that your idiocy didn't deserve any scorn during the Haunted Mafia? Remind me never to trust you in any future mafia game I'm in.


NO ONE DESERVES SCORN IN MAFIA. THATS WHY YOUR BANNED JESUS U DONT GET IT DO YOU.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
October 31 2010 05:21 GMT
#639
On October 31 2010 14:18 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 14:12 orgolove wrote:
On October 31 2010 13:49 Coagulation wrote:
orgolove you need to stop shitting on people so much.. its just a fucking game.
Honestly your kind of a jerkoff and im glad your gone.

Are you claiming that your idiocy didn't deserve any scorn during the Haunted Mafia? Remind me never to trust you in any future mafia game I'm in.


NO ONE DESERVES SCORN IN MAFIA. THATS WHY YOUR BANNED JESUS U DONT GET IT DO YOU.


Dude, you've gone out and flamed other players in game and now you're going out of your way to flame him in this thread. Chill.
RIP Aaliyah
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
October 31 2010 05:41 GMT
#640
On October 31 2010 14:15 QuickStriker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2010 14:09 Pandain wrote:
On October 31 2010 14:07 QuickStriker wrote:
Darn, it seems I got modkilled and banned for a game without realizing my situation. I was at that Colbert/Stewart rally all day in DC so I had no access to a computer for a good 2 days but that isn't a good reason I suppose. I'll accept whatever punishment falls upon me since I suppose it was my fault for being inactive in this game. It would be a more correct response if I notify specifically to be replaced due to life but next time, I will be more careful and only play mafia when I do have the time to. Thanks...


you actually got in? We barely even got to see the screen and just went back

I was at the very front actually (next to the stage cameras), I'm going to make a blog entry about it later with pictures but yea, I was there since 8:30 AM... And even then, there were thousands at that time...

Wow thats awsome
Post the pics and I'll try getting Artanis to only give you a warning? =D
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 180 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 852
BeSt 311
sorry 78
Mind 69
Soma 37
Bale 27
ZergMaN 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm177
League of Legends
JimRising 649
Other Games
summit1g10596
Coldzera 713
WinterStarcraft684
C9.Mang0306
Sick201
febbydoto14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV225
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2208
Other Games
• Shiphtur866
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 59m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 59m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.