• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:44
CEST 21:44
KST 04:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8659 users

TL Mafia XVIII - Page 84

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 149 Next
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
February 18 2010 00:42 GMT
#1661
Yeah you're full of shit.

There's no conclusive link between the rooftop killer in the day 1 clues and the actual murder. The guy was just running away from the sounds and died.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
SugiuraMidori
Profile Joined May 2009
United States281 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-18 01:34:54
February 18 2010 01:22 GMT
#1662
On February 18 2010 09:42 L wrote:
Yeah you're full of shit.

There's no conclusive link between the rooftop killer in the day 1 clues and the actual murder. The guy was just running away from the sounds and died.


This inspired me to draw:

[image loading]



EDIT:: clarification is apparently required.. that's a bird on the roof saying 'chirp' indicating it's peaceful outside, but not so much inside. This is a metaphor for our now rather silent town except for the few still active.

And as Qatol has so painfully pointed out.. I meant 'Gavel' not 'gravel' ... but he's a lawyer and I'm not, so I had no idea and got corrected! xD
Foolish Brother ... If You Want to Kill Me ... Then Hate, Spite ... and Survive Pathetically. Run and Run ... and Cling Desperately to Life.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
February 18 2010 01:34 GMT
#1663
I'd be happy if that picture inspired people to post, because shit got REAL SLOW REAL FAST.

Its like people only feel like they can post when I'm away and thus more likely to overlook stupid shit they say.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
February 18 2010 01:39 GMT
#1664
You sound like Ace now...
We probably haven't even seen all the mafia yet, and how do you expect us to come up with new material. Everyones afraid you Lucas and Ver will put them on his almighty "list." I'm not exactly the best at clue interpretation either. I mean, hell all I did was suggest Shikyo and Xelin were mafia, but my assumption was obviously too stupid and weak that it just got labeled spam. Damn you Lucas, damn you!
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
February 18 2010 01:43 GMT
#1665
On February 18 2010 09:42 L wrote:
Yeah you're full of shit.

There's no conclusive link between the rooftop killer in the day 1 clues and the actual murder. The guy was just running away from the sounds and died.


L, play nice
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Faronel
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States658 Posts
February 18 2010 01:44 GMT
#1666
That gravel is shaped like a hammer. How convenient.

Btw Malongo... I'm kind of a bad mafia player in that I've never fully active (see my other 2 mafia games). Hence I come off as scummy nearly 100% of the time. I guess that makes me a semi-decent lynch target as lynching non-contributing members is always good. Like a list of all non-contributing members (including those who post like 100 times but always re-iterate something aka no new analysis) would be a good lynch list.
C'est la vie...
SugiuraMidori
Profile Joined May 2009
United States281 Posts
February 18 2010 01:47 GMT
#1667
On February 18 2010 10:34 L wrote:
I'd be happy if that picture inspired people to post, because shit got REAL SLOW REAL FAST.

Its like people only feel like they can post when I'm away and thus more likely to overlook stupid shit they say.


We're all too busy watching live SC2 feeds, why aren't you :D
Foolish Brother ... If You Want to Kill Me ... Then Hate, Spite ... and Survive Pathetically. Run and Run ... and Cling Desperately to Life.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
February 18 2010 01:48 GMT
#1668
On February 18 2010 10:39 ~OpZ~ wrote:
You sound like Ace now...
We probably haven't even seen all the mafia yet, and how do you expect us to come up with new material. Everyones afraid you Lucas and Ver will put them on his almighty "list." I'm not exactly the best at clue interpretation either. I mean, hell all I did was suggest Shikyo and Xelin were mafia, but my assumption was obviously too stupid and weak that it just got labeled spam. Damn you Lucas, damn you!

I'm not putting anyone on a list unless there are clues pointing towards you or you're acting flagrantly stupid. I just want to be clear; I have the balls to call people out, but I need other people to have balls too. Why? Because I'm wrong sometimes. I don't have a 100% certainty in this game and its pretty obvious that no one else does.

If Lucas is going to put up a post and label it as spam, that's awesome for him; he isn't the entirety of the town, neither is Ver, neither am I.

As far as Shikyo and Xelin: Shikyo goes afk to the point of him missing DT checks during games, so I'm not surprised he's doing nothing if he's pretty much any role. Xelin I've never played with before.

Shikyo's profile is retarded hard to connect clues to; I can see very few clueable themes besides 'metal' and the confusion/chaos thing. Neither have really popped up in the clues.

XeliN actually is a decent fit for the clue I linked to madness man, but only because there are 2 men in the picture. Then again, that's all incog has really needed in the past to form a clue, so its possible he's the culprit there.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 18 2010 02:05 GMT
#1669
On February 18 2010 10:47 SugiuraMidori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2010 10:34 L wrote:
I'd be happy if that picture inspired people to post, because shit got REAL SLOW REAL FAST.

Its like people only feel like they can post when I'm away and thus more likely to overlook stupid shit they say.


We're all too busy watching live SC2 feeds, why aren't you :D


yeah me too :D
RIP Aaliyah
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
February 18 2010 02:06 GMT
#1670
watching chill's
he just completely raped a terran
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
SugiuraMidori
Profile Joined May 2009
United States281 Posts
February 18 2010 02:08 GMT
#1671
On February 18 2010 11:06 Bill Murray wrote:
watching chill's
he just completely raped a terran


I was.. but it lagged me hard, so now I'm watching Psyonic_Reavers
Foolish Brother ... If You Want to Kill Me ... Then Hate, Spite ... and Survive Pathetically. Run and Run ... and Cling Desperately to Life.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
February 18 2010 02:30 GMT
#1672
On February 18 2010 10:43 flamewheel91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2010 09:42 L wrote:
Yeah you're full of shit.

There's no conclusive link between the rooftop killer in the day 1 clues and the actual murder. The guy was just running away from the sounds and died.


L, play nice

Ok lol.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
February 18 2010 02:33 GMT
#1673
would post

but sc2 > mafia game without ace drama
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
February 18 2010 02:36 GMT
#1674
I am a Veteran


Why am I doing this? To get town coordination, which will help weed through the useless massses of people where there is a mix of green/blue/red. Also some more trust to enhance the strength of accusations would be good too. Since I'm sure there will be resistance to this move the coordination aspect can wait till that has died down.

Proof required stuff etc: There were a possible 7 hits last night, 3 from each family and 1 bomb. Now BC doesn't *have* to place the bomb, but there's really no reason why he shouldn't. Since there were only 5 hits last night, 1 for sure that is unaccounted for and another that is very likely also missing. As has already been stated, the double clueset for BC very likely points to two mafia hitting him. Otherwise there is still another hit missing and Incognito is screwing with us (not likely).

Since BC could not have bombed himself and there'd be no clue for that, he either bombed nobody, bombed somebody else dead, bombed somebody alive who was protted (and never called it), or bombed me. However, there is a post by BC right before he died that gives a pretty strong indication of who he would bomb.

On February 17 2010 02:52 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
For anyone in the general know how, and medics feel free to not prot me. However, Ver has tried to guess my role, as well as actively pm people this game. Both are actions Ver rarely takes. Read earlier in the thread and you will find that he "RC'd" to BM. I will spend some time once ive showered going over his posts and analyzing him, but he is not as safe an option to prot any more than I am.


His earlier accusations of anyone besides me were long before that time.

The possibilities here:

1) I really am a Vet and this is all the truth
2) BC never planted a bomb or planted it on another dead target, BC took 2 hits, and I decided to take a huge gamble in lying that I took a hit within 11 minutes after the day post. This would make no sense because if I was lying I wouldn't know what happened with BC's bomb and would be taking an enormous risk if he in fact bombed someone still alive. However, nobody else has called out a hit. That means all hits are accounted for, or someone is being a noob and not saying anything despite the fact that they would get a mafia 100% certain if they were telling the truth. Since it's already been over 24 hours, the latter pretty much isn't going to happen.
3) I am lying that I am a Vet, was protected by a medic, and they would call me out. My family loses its leader and splinters away.

Now of course, if I am telling the truth a mafia can still sacrifice themselves and claim to be medic that protected me to get me killed. That's certainly possible, but that's a risk I'm willing to take since I don't feel anyone left alive can convince the town against me from an inferior position (both on posting history and the fact that they must lie), and the benefits of getting a confirmed innocent are enormous, and in the worst case I will trade myself for a mafia.

Furthermore that action is also very disadvantageous for the mafia that does it, because they are losing a member in an action that does not help them any more than the other side. Obviously neither mafia wants a confirmed innocent and will do all in their power to put suspicion on me, but to actually get rid of me they have to put themselves in an inferior position by sacrificing a member.

Lastly, why am I doing this so late? First I was under suspicion for whatever reason and I figured this would just amplify it if I did it then. Secondly, I wanted to see if anyone else would claim that they got hit, and nobody has in 24 hours. Oh and for those who bring up that I claimed hatter to Bill Murray, that was to provoke a response that would determine his alignment, nothing more. Hatter is a lot more suited to provoking a response than bland old Vet.
Liquipedia
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
February 18 2010 02:43 GMT
#1675
oh that's a good idea Ver!!!!

Oh and for those who bring up that I claimed that I was working with the mafia to Bill Murray, that was to provoke a response that would determine his alignment, nothing more. Working with mafia is a lot more suited to provoking a response than doing nothing.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
February 18 2010 02:51 GMT
#1676
So you put yourself on the medic protection list as a Vet and then claimed someone protected you when you should have been told you lost a night life.

So you're trying to pull medic prots and then lied to the town AND to someone else in PMs?

And so claiming this this far into the day is supposed to make you seem less fraudulent because you wanted, explicitly stated, the heat on you to die down?

Rofl.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
February 18 2010 02:55 GMT
#1677
being the one who got the PMs, i'll honestly admit that I feel like both of them were to evoke responses. Ver's main point of sending it to me was fishing to see if I was a blue role. Why would he want to know If I was a blue role?

There can be 2 assumptions:
He is town aligned, and is a Veteran or Mad Hatter like he has claimed, and wants to bring people together that can protect the town. I have seen nothing of this so far.

He is mafia, and is fishing for Blue Roles so he can eliminate them when or if he needs to...
this seemed more likely to me when getting his pm.


When Chezinu pmed me, it was more of a joke. I don't really take him seriously, I just wanted to scare him out of hiding and see how he would react. The way he reacted was pretty good, so I don't think he's red right now until something else changes.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
February 18 2010 02:56 GMT
#1678
@Ver: Ok, so you're a Veteran. I don't doubt you. Like I said when you first told us you got hit, the risk is too great to lie. I'm not exactly sure how that helps us in any way though.

On February 18 2010 09:42 L wrote:
Yeah you're full of shit.

There's no conclusive link between the rooftop killer in the day 1 clues and the actual murder. The guy was just running away from the sounds and died.

Of course. Ignore me. Any justifiable reason?
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
February 18 2010 03:04 GMT
#1679
On February 18 2010 11:51 L wrote:
So you put yourself on the medic protection list as a Vet and then claimed someone protected you when you should have been told you lost a night life.

So you're trying to pull medic prots and then lied to the town AND to someone else in PMs?

And so claiming this this far into the day is supposed to make you seem less fraudulent because you wanted, explicitly stated, the heat on you to die down?

Rofl.


I never claimed someone protected me. I simply said I was hit.

It doesn't matter whether I appear less fradulent or not, I never have fears of looking suspicious when I am innocent (remember caller's mafiya? we had this exact same exchange). If nobody believes me then yeah this failed and I'll just keep doing analysis the best I can.

But really in this scenario unless someone calls me a liar those actions you listed are irrelevant and can simply be reduced to bad play because I am basically a confirmed innocent at this point unless someone calls me a liar about taking a hit or protting me.
Liquipedia
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
February 18 2010 03:11 GMT
#1680
On February 18 2010 11:56 Mystlord wrote:
@Ver: Ok, so you're a Veteran. I don't doubt you. Like I said when you first told us you got hit, the risk is too great to lie. I'm not exactly sure how that helps us in any way though.

Show nested quote +
On February 18 2010 09:42 L wrote:
Yeah you're full of shit.

There's no conclusive link between the rooftop killer in the day 1 clues and the actual murder. The guy was just running away from the sounds and died.

Of course. Ignore me. Any justifiable reason?


Confirmed innocents can force roleclaims.
Liquipedia
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 149 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM908
TaKeTV 317
TKL 291
IndyStarCraft 175
ZombieGrub90
BRAT_OK 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 908
TKL 291
IndyStarCraft 175
MaxPax 161
ZombieGrub90
BRAT_OK 90
JuggernautJason60
Nathanias 41
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 659
White-Ra 154
ggaemo 147
firebathero 80
Barracks 65
910 50
Shine 33
Trap 24
Killer 24
yabsab 8
Counter-Strike
Fnx 791
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0158
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9661
crisheroes1792
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr71
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4905
summit1g4438
singsing1357
Beastyqt774
shahzam427
B2W.Neo318
ArmadaUGS137
KnowMe132
UpATreeSC71
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream445
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 186
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• blackmanpl 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade893
Other Games
• imaqtpie434
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.