• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:22
CEST 08:22
KST 15:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8836 users

[S3 Worlds] Finals - Page 24

Forum Index > LoL Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 134 Next
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
October 04 2013 22:09 GMT
#461
On October 05 2013 06:52 HorsemasterK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:51 Amethyst21 wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:49 HorsemasterK wrote:
I know the front page of TL refuses to cover LoL, but I wonder if they will ignore what will almost certainly be the largest Western eSports event ever.

Just curious.


The answer is yes by the way.

Should we care? No.


'Interesting' business decision.


TL is not a general eSports site, even if some(many) of its users actually do use it as such. They have a Dota2 team and an SC2 team, and those are the games that get front page coverage.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Anakko
Profile Joined August 2012
France1934 Posts
October 04 2013 22:09 GMT
#462
Thought it was a guy that asked Faker what is leblanc counter in lane, to what Faker answeredd "HotshotGG"

Did that not happen?
TrAce/Cpt Jack for president (or both)
HorsemasterK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States606 Posts
October 04 2013 22:24 GMT
#463
On October 05 2013 07:06 Amethyst21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:52 HorsemasterK wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:51 Amethyst21 wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:49 HorsemasterK wrote:
I know the front page of TL refuses to cover LoL, but I wonder if they will ignore what will almost certainly be the largest Western eSports event ever.

Just curious.


The answer is yes by the way.

Should we care? No.


'Interesting' business decision.


Honestly the content side of the LoL forum is severely lacking. We got one preview piece for the world final posted just hours before the event began and then basically nothing else. I can say that I personally created a preview piece, quarterfinal prievew and a finals preview, but I don't work for TL, I work for Quantic. There needs to be content to support before TL can just say 'we support LoL' or whatever.

People are happy where the community is right now. I am too, its the best LoL forum in the west. Once its 'supported' we'll get an influx of people so vast it will probably change the community and not for the better.

Besides to you need a website to tell you that your passion is valid or not? ESPN barely covers hockey. Doesn't matter to those that follow the game.


To your example, ESPN would still mention that the Stanley Cup was taking place, even if they spent more time covering other sports. But, as a later user corrected me, TL is not an eSports community, its a SC and DOTA community. I don't know what drives their traffic or how their business is monetized, so I can't really do anything but speculate.

However, I do agree, in spirit, with your comment about this being the best Western LoL community, and that perhaps adding more visibility to its presence would lower its overall quality.
Steins;Gate
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1422 Posts
October 04 2013 22:28 GMT
#464
On October 05 2013 07:06 Amethyst21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:52 HorsemasterK wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:51 Amethyst21 wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:49 HorsemasterK wrote:
I know the front page of TL refuses to cover LoL, but I wonder if they will ignore what will almost certainly be the largest Western eSports event ever.

Just curious.


The answer is yes by the way.

Should we care? No.


'Interesting' business decision.


Honestly the content side of the LoL forum is severely lacking. We got one preview piece for the world final posted just hours before the event began and then basically nothing else. I can say that I personally created a preview piece, quarterfinal prievew and a finals preview, but I don't work for TL, I work for Quantic. There needs to be content to support before TL can just say 'we support LoL' or whatever.

People are happy where the community is right now. I am too, its the best LoL forum in the west. Once its 'supported' we'll get an influx of people so vast it will probably change the community and not for the better.

Besides to you need a website to tell you that your passion is valid or not? ESPN barely covers hockey. Doesn't matter to those that follow the game.


there were two more pieces in addition to that one

on that topic, are we getting one for the finals ? :o
" Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be. "
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
October 04 2013 22:34 GMT
#465
they put up the preview piece literally 30 minutes before the matches. don't know the reasoning for that
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
Amethyst21
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada7032 Posts
October 04 2013 22:46 GMT
#466
On October 05 2013 07:28 Steins;Gate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 07:06 Amethyst21 wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:52 HorsemasterK wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:51 Amethyst21 wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:49 HorsemasterK wrote:
I know the front page of TL refuses to cover LoL, but I wonder if they will ignore what will almost certainly be the largest Western eSports event ever.

Just curious.


The answer is yes by the way.

Should we care? No.


'Interesting' business decision.


Honestly the content side of the LoL forum is severely lacking. We got one preview piece for the world final posted just hours before the event began and then basically nothing else. I can say that I personally created a preview piece, quarterfinal prievew and a finals preview, but I don't work for TL, I work for Quantic. There needs to be content to support before TL can just say 'we support LoL' or whatever.

People are happy where the community is right now. I am too, its the best LoL forum in the west. Once its 'supported' we'll get an influx of people so vast it will probably change the community and not for the better.

Besides to you need a website to tell you that your passion is valid or not? ESPN barely covers hockey. Doesn't matter to those that follow the game.


there were two more pieces in addition to that one

on that topic, are we getting one for the finals ? :o


I honestly missed them, which is my fault, clearly but I wish they would have been promoted a bit more. I mean I'm on this site a lot and I missed them... I just suck, carry on
/On the C9 Hype Train/@DatFirefly
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-04 22:57:30
October 04 2013 22:47 GMT
#467
On October 05 2013 06:52 HorsemasterK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:51 Amethyst21 wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:49 HorsemasterK wrote:
I know the front page of TL refuses to cover LoL, but I wonder if they will ignore what will almost certainly be the largest Western eSports event ever.

Just curious.


The answer is yes by the way.

Should we care? No.


'Interesting' business decision.

It's not a business decision.

TL's interest isnt in making money or in generating page views. The only motivating interest for TL supporting a game is ultimately staff saying "we like the game and want to produce content for it".

The "E-sports" mantra didn't even become a thing until SC2. The only common thread prior to that was BW, and it wasn't even always a common interest in BW (some people liked to play, some people liked to watch, and some people did both).

On October 05 2013 06:57 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:52 HorsemasterK wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:51 Amethyst21 wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:49 HorsemasterK wrote:
I know the front page of TL refuses to cover LoL, but I wonder if they will ignore what will almost certainly be the largest Western eSports event ever.

Just curious.


The answer is yes by the way.

Should we care? No.


'Interesting' business decision.

Meh I prefer TL LoL as a hidden corner, when TL dota became front page and more prominent it went downhill so fast.

Pretty much every "expansion" with regard to TL content (SC2, DotA 2) has resulted in a corresponding drop in post quality in that area (and even elsewhere as well--I think the SC2 drop in post quality could be felt site-wide, though obviously more pronounced in the SC2 subforums).

On October 05 2013 07:34 oneofthem wrote:
they put up the preview piece literally 30 minutes before the matches. don't know the reasoning for that

Because most of us do this in our spare time and we didn't have all the content ready earlier?
Moderator
HorsemasterK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States606 Posts
October 04 2013 23:01 GMT
#468
On October 05 2013 07:47 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:52 HorsemasterK wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:51 Amethyst21 wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:49 HorsemasterK wrote:
I know the front page of TL refuses to cover LoL, but I wonder if they will ignore what will almost certainly be the largest Western eSports event ever.

Just curious.


The answer is yes by the way.

Should we care? No.


'Interesting' business decision.

It's not a business decision.

TL's interest isn't solely making money or in generating page views.

The "E-sports" mantra didn't even become a thing until SC2. The only common thread prior to that was BW, and it wasn't even always a common interest in BW (some people liked to play, some people liked to watch, and some people did both).

Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 06:57 Fusilero wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:52 HorsemasterK wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:51 Amethyst21 wrote:
On October 05 2013 06:49 HorsemasterK wrote:
I know the front page of TL refuses to cover LoL, but I wonder if they will ignore what will almost certainly be the largest Western eSports event ever.

Just curious.


The answer is yes by the way.

Should we care? No.


'Interesting' business decision.

Meh I prefer TL LoL as a hidden corner, when TL dota became front page and more prominent it went downhill so fast.

Pretty much every "expansion" with regard to TL content (SC2, DotA 2) has resulted in a corresponding drop in post quality in that area (and even elsewhere as well--I think the SC2 drop in post quality could be felt site-wide, though obviously more pronounced in the SC2 subforums).

Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 07:34 oneofthem wrote:
they put up the preview piece literally 30 minutes before the matches. don't know the reasoning for that

Because most of us do this in our spare time and we didn't have all the content ready earlier?


So if it was not a business decision, I'm now really curious as to why TL ignores LoL. It kind of made sense to me when it was about money, but its about something else? Someone high up doesn't like LoL or something?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-04 23:08:56
October 04 2013 23:06 GMT
#469
On October 05 2013 08:01 HorsemasterK wrote:
So if it was not a business decision, I'm now really curious as to why TL ignores LoL. It kind of made sense to me when it was about money, but its about something else? Someone high up doesn't like LoL or something?

I can't say I'm familiar with the specific opinions on LoL of TL staff members, but in general most of the higher-ups don't play it, IIRC. It's not so much dislike, more than disinterest.

Among Admins, only Wax plays LoL, I think. Once you get down to red names, you get a couple more but it's still not the majority.
Moderator
HorsemasterK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States606 Posts
October 04 2013 23:12 GMT
#470
On October 05 2013 08:06 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 08:01 HorsemasterK wrote:
So if it was not a business decision, I'm now really curious as to why TL ignores LoL. It kind of made sense to me when it was about money, but its about something else? Someone high up doesn't like LoL or something?

I can't say I'm familiar with the specific opinions on LoL of TL staff members, but in general most of the higher-ups don't play it, IIRC. It's not so much dislike, more than disinterest.

Among Admins, only Wax plays LoL, I think. Once you get down to red names, you get a couple more but it's still not the majority.


Thanks for responding frankly. Definitely illuminating.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
October 04 2013 23:32 GMT
#471
i so excited
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
October 04 2013 23:57 GMT
#472
stop complaing, we get super special treatment allready with our own mods and Neo with his admin thingy going on. And all the writers even get The Pen™.
nojitosunrise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States6188 Posts
October 04 2013 23:58 GMT
#473
OMG HOW IS THERE NO HYPE!
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 05 2013 00:05 GMT
#474
On October 05 2013 08:58 nojitosunrise wrote:
OMG HOW IS THERE NO HYPE!

Dead gaem
Glorious SEA doto
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
October 05 2013 00:05 GMT
#475
You sound pretty hyped. o_O
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
October 05 2013 00:13 GMT
#476
maybe when there's ogn proleague going on and rooting interest behind the old team loyalties, tl would care more. i know i only started following lol because skt is doing well
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
ProV1
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States980 Posts
October 05 2013 00:13 GMT
#477
Head says royals, heart says skt t1
Leeto
Profile Joined August 2007
United States1320 Posts
October 05 2013 00:17 GMT
#478
On October 05 2013 09:13 ProV1 wrote:
Head says royals, heart says skt t1


Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Logically SKT is the favorite to win but Tabe really pulls those heartstrings..
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
October 05 2013 00:20 GMT
#479
I dont follow LoL and I dont have any idea of the game, but I'm curious about one thing: How much viewer will there be tonight approximatly (concurrent peak)?
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
ProV1
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States980 Posts
October 05 2013 00:21 GMT
#480
On October 05 2013 09:17 Leeto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 09:13 ProV1 wrote:
Head says royals, heart says skt t1


Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Logically SKT is the favorite to win but Tabe really pulls those heartstrings..


From what I've seen so far, seems like logically, royals are going to win. OMG gave skt t1 more trouble than they gave to royals.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 134 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 114
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3906
Mong 80
sorry 34
ToSsGirL 11
Noble 10
Icarus 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King161
Other Games
summit1g8055
WinterStarcraft609
C9.Mang0268
Sick156
ceh9126
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• StrangeGG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Lourlo1020
• Stunt402
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 38m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.