• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:18
CEST 03:18
KST 10:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8334 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 231 232 233 234 235 339 Next
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 23 2013 22:53 GMT
#4641
On July 24 2013 07:14 XilDarkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 07:11 Haiq343 wrote:
On July 24 2013 07:03 XilDarkz wrote:Is learning faster really a 'shortcut' to be ashamed of? I hold firmly that efficiency is key.

In the abstract no, but there are plenty of situations where faster is going to be worse. And they are by far most common in learning anything. Understanding 'why' is rarely something you can get a cliff notes version of, even though helpful hints can guide you towards things to notice.


A single iota of thought properly framed in a statement is all that understanding why usually requires... detailed, technical explanations aside, sometime its the fundamental base of the idea that eludes rather than the extrapolation.


...I just...i want to leave

ARGH IOW[ERBNV[AREBNA[ERN[OBEAOBOPEOARTNBPEN,OPAE'NAE]TNAEPTNTNMMA]ERTNAERNOERNNAPE]NPRATB,PEABPRJ0AYEABRJE.AYEAR

good night.
Useless wet fish.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
July 23 2013 22:54 GMT
#4642
it takes 10 good games to get to 50 lp and then 2 bad ones to back down to 0...so fucking demotivating
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
July 23 2013 22:55 GMT
#4643
Scarra looks like he's trying to decide whether or not to murder the cameraman.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 23 2013 22:57 GMT
#4644
On July 24 2013 07:52 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 07:37 cLutZ wrote:
On July 24 2013 07:30 Zhiroo wrote:
On July 24 2013 06:52 AsnSensation wrote:
http://na.lolesports.com/season3/split2/teams/tsm-snapdragon
Riot going full china with those heavy photoshop and makeup team shoots? but why don't they look as badaass as Misaya, Wx and co at all? :\

C9 and Vulcuns look good, curse is nice too.


ManCloud looks pretty badass.



Voyboy and Vile the only ones smiling LOL.

Those OddOne and Turtle smiles tho

"Oddone smile looks like it could be photoshopped on a Titan" -Dyrus
+ Show Spoiler +
srs tho
[image loading]
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 23 2013 22:58 GMT
#4645
On July 24 2013 07:55 zer0das wrote:
Scarra looks like he's trying to decide whether or not to murder the cameraman.

Scarra wants the irl resets
Glorious SEA doto
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
July 23 2013 23:04 GMT
#4646
On July 24 2013 07:49 red_ wrote:
I know gamers aren't known for good posture, but holy god is Zuna a posterchild for internally rotated shoulders.

I hate you because I can't un-see now.
-Zoda-
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
France3578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 23:09:40
July 23 2013 23:07 GMT
#4647
On July 24 2013 07:24 kainzero wrote:
Just look at Japanese celebrities:
http://trendnewsparadise.com/389.html

Sorry man these are all japanese. Edit: WTF I swear i read "Chinese" there.
And they took such an old pic of Shiina Ringo to compare with the makeup CM she did. lol
And Yuko's still cute whithout makeup. *_*

Xpecial looks really awkward imo.
♪ 最初はi つなぐdo それ つまりlife 常に移動 ♪ - IGN: Uhryks
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 23 2013 23:09 GMT
#4648
On July 24 2013 08:07 -Zoda- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 07:24 kainzero wrote:
Just look at Japanese celebrities:
http://trendnewsparadise.com/389.html

Sorry man these are all japanese. And they took such an old pic of Shiina Ringo to compare with the makeup CM she did. lol

Xpecial looks really awkward imo.


when doesn't he
Carrilord has arrived.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 23 2013 23:10 GMT
#4649
Btw extinct has announced why he left NiP, it appears that he's going to retire. Alas my dreams of SK.Extinct shall never come to fruition ;_;
https://www.facebook.com/Extinkt.lol/posts/367929106667328
Glorious SEA doto
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
July 23 2013 23:15 GMT
#4650
On July 24 2013 08:04 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 07:49 red_ wrote:
I know gamers aren't known for good posture, but holy god is Zuna a posterchild for internally rotated shoulders.

I hate you because I can't un-see now.


Seeing how it's related to my field, I really, really want to see an x-ray of his shoulder girdle. I bet it's amazing(and by amazing I mean awful for him).
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
July 23 2013 23:24 GMT
#4651
Every time I hear Vulcun Techbargains I think it sounds like a junkyard from Star Wars.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
EquilasH
Profile Joined April 2009
Denmark2142 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 23:35:30
July 23 2013 23:34 GMT
#4652
On July 24 2013 05:54 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 05:48 kainzero wrote:
On July 24 2013 05:15 Feartheguru wrote:
On July 24 2013 05:12 kainzero wrote:
On July 24 2013 04:52 TheYango wrote:
On July 24 2013 04:44 kainzero wrote:
If blind normals in 3/4 stacks was your preferred play mode and you were actually quite good at it, and then you wanted to join a competitive team, you would get rebuffed because you don't have a good solo q rating. Hell, that's my preferred play mode and sometimes I can't argue with certain people about strategy because my solo Q rank is too low and they won't accept any other credential besides that.

I mean that's sort of a weird example because people wouldn't scout pro players from random normal stacks in DotA either. But the point is that there's a judgment attached to someone's solo queue rating, and so there's a pressure for people to play solo queue when they actually enjoy those stacks more.

You can say "if you don't like solo queue, don't play it" and in a sense that's true, but at the same time there are *definitely* people who feel pressured to play solo queue (or have a particular rating to prove themselves) when they don't enjoy it.

Well, when I said "competitive team," I didn't want to limit it to pro teams.

There are plenty of posts on PvP and some here where they're looking to build a team to compete in small cups or play arranged 5s, and almost all of them have plat/diamond solo Q minimum.

I can understand it being a filter if they're being flooded with requests and they need a quick way to determine unskilled players vs skilled players, but the reality is that they get like 3 or 4 silver/gold players that are mildly interested but ashamed of their rank, and instead they just decide to not form their team. I think that's a huge impediment to getting 5s off the ground.


The difference between silver and plat solo queue is cataclysmic, nevermind diamond, why form a team just to get facerolled in cups, better to do your own thing.

The two times I've encountered pro players in normals with my 5 stack, we rolled them. I've also successfully laned against Plats in normals. (Them Diamonds keep destroying me though, in the rare time that I do get a solo lane and lane against one of them.) I've also lost to mid-high Silvers, so no, this isn't a brag post.

It is normals, but at the same time, because I play normals over ranked, all I have to show for solo Q is my Silver 3. How do you evaluate my skills as a player because I prefer normals? How do you know that we're going to get facerolled every single time? I don't know. I just think that there are certain players that want to try ranked 5s, try play competitively, try to improve as a team, but they're automatically being blocked because of their solo Q ability. And at the top, you have groups of 4 diamond players who won't play cups because they can't find that last diamond player which further stunts the competitive scene.


Lets look at this realistically, from everyone else's point of view. Lets say you're diamond 1; looking to recruit some promising players. You're not expecting to get to LCS right away, but you just want to create a fairly cohesive team with around equal strengths. Now you've picked up 3 other players, and only have one slot left. You going to pick the Silver 3 guy? or the Plat 2 dude?

Also; I play a fuck ton of normals with my diamond friends, their mentality of how they approach normals is completely different than how they approach ranked; so don't expect that you're playing against their 100%.


I can 100% relate to what both of you are saying.

In Season 1 all I did was mess around in ranked but I actually took normals rather seriously (I was around 1450 rating in ranked). Then season 2 hit and I decide to try-hard as much as possible in ranked. Within 1½ months I'm sitting in top25 on EUNE.

On the other hand; now that I'm high rating in ranked I play EXTREMELY casually in normals and I just pick whatever and sometimes I will experiment with stuff and try hard but most of the time I'm just playing normals with friends and don't care much.
wat
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 23 2013 23:36 GMT
#4653
Btw guys meanwhile in EUW challenger nfaculty has picked teeto vs gaminggear.eu (CIS regional champs)
http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv
Glorious SEA doto
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 23 2013 23:44 GMT
#4654
On July 24 2013 08:36 Fusilero wrote:
Btw guys meanwhile in EUW challenger nfaculty has picked teeto vs gaminggear.eu (CIS regional champs)
http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv

OH NO DID THEY TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT

DO YOU THINK THAT MAYBE NFACULTY LACKED BOTH ENGAGE AND POKE THERE
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
July 23 2013 23:47 GMT
#4655
On July 24 2013 08:07 -Zoda- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 07:24 kainzero wrote:
Just look at Japanese celebrities:
http://trendnewsparadise.com/389.html

Sorry man these are all japanese. Edit: WTF I swear i read "Chinese" there.
And they took such an old pic of Shiina Ringo to compare with the makeup CM she did. lol
And Yuko's still cute whithout makeup. *_*

Xpecial looks really awkward imo.

You racist, lol.

The only Chinese reference I have is LPL, of which I've seen one game so far from the Summer Race. YG and EP.HK players do look like they had a visit from the makeup artists. Everyone lookin' so pretty.

On July 24 2013 08:15 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 08:04 kainzero wrote:
On July 24 2013 07:49 red_ wrote:
I know gamers aren't known for good posture, but holy god is Zuna a posterchild for internally rotated shoulders.

I hate you because I can't un-see now.


Seeing how it's related to my field, I really, really want to see an x-ray of his shoulder girdle. I bet it's amazing(and by amazing I mean awful for him).

Kinesiology?
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
July 23 2013 23:51 GMT
#4656
On July 24 2013 08:36 Fusilero wrote:
Btw guys meanwhile in EUW challenger nfaculty has picked teeto vs gaminggear.eu (CIS regional champs)
http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv


He was doing about as well as I expected when I opened up that stream haha.
SUNSFANNED
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 23 2013 23:56 GMT
#4657
Thanks to Fusilero, he will always be Teeto from now on.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-24 00:02:28
July 24 2013 00:02 GMT
#4658
Tito?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 24 2013 00:06 GMT
#4659
On July 24 2013 06:52 AsnSensation wrote:
http://na.lolesports.com/season3/split2/teams/tsm-snapdragon
Riot going full china with those heavy photoshop and makeup team shoots? but why don't they look as badaass as Misaya, Wx and co at all? :\

C9 and Vulcuns look good, curse is nice too.

Fail. Nobody has their back turned, looking over their shoulder.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
July 24 2013 00:13 GMT
#4660
hey eu players, what do you know about these guys?

Myw
XL Winner
HipsterJesiz
HAWKDON TPS
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Prev 1 231 232 233 234 235 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft512
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta15
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft512
WinterStarcraft282
RuFF_SC2 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 851
White-Ra 151
Noble 71
NaDa 63
Hyuk 51
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm154
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5107
Counter-Strike
taco 370
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox574
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor704
Other Games
summit1g7867
Coldzera 853
C9.Mang0345
ViBE59
Mew2King56
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21405
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 42m
Online Event
9h 42m
FEL
14h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.