• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:19
CEST 11:19
KST 18:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7909 users

[Patch 3.08: Aatrox Patch] General Discussion - Page 374

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 372 373 374 375 376 380 Next
Interested in helping start an on-topic, serious League discussion thread? PM Neo to talk about how to get started.
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
July 09 2013 16:54 GMT
#7461
Not asking for a right or wrong answer just curious about how people think the drafting process in league

Curious whether people ban w/e FoTM champions they don't like or if people put more thought into it.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 09 2013 16:55 GMT
#7462
On July 09 2013 17:19 Gahlo wrote:
I'm just gonna say HOAGIE and watch most of you get confused.

Stupid Pennsylvania...
Freeeeeeedom
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 09 2013 17:06 GMT
#7463
On July 10 2013 01:51 JonGalt wrote:
If a patch is coming out soon, is there no new character being released? Or is it like the fake nami patch?

It's Lucian the Gun Templar (although I think they changed his name) right? Is there a link to his stats or anything?

He hasn't hit the PBE yet.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
July 09 2013 17:10 GMT
#7464
On July 10 2013 01:54 Mauzel wrote:
Not asking for a right or wrong answer just curious about how people think the drafting process in league

Curious whether people ban w/e FoTM champions they don't like or if people put more thought into it.

I just ban hookers because I don't like playing against them.
You kinda have to change how you move and how you ward when they're in play, especially around tower sieges.
Also, STDs are terrible.

I would ban Eve too but no one really plays her.

To be honest, banning in solo queue really doesn't make a difference and I've said this a lot.
MCMilo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States365 Posts
July 09 2013 17:16 GMT
#7465
I ban champions that start with U, S, and then A.
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
July 09 2013 17:17 GMT
#7466
On July 10 2013 02:10 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 01:54 Mauzel wrote:
Not asking for a right or wrong answer just curious about how people think the drafting process in league

Curious whether people ban w/e FoTM champions they don't like or if people put more thought into it.

I just ban hookers because I don't like playing against them.
You kinda have to change how you move and how you ward when they're in play, especially around tower sieges.
Also, STDs are terrible.

I would ban Eve too but no one really plays her.

To be honest, banning in solo queue really doesn't make a difference and I've said this a lot.




They sure are. Which one did you get?
hi
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 09 2013 17:18 GMT
#7467
On July 10 2013 01:46 Mauzel wrote:
If you have 1st pick:

What are you banning / who do you 1st pick?

Do you try to trade? Do you ban based on who you want to 1st pick?

I main support/jungle; so both of those picks are fairly ambiguous. Support picks don't really matter if you first pick it; and jungle can always be top or mid.
As far as banning process goes; I generally ban annoying champs, or champs I know my teammates are going to get fck'd by. So usually the hookers, and the abusive laners, like Draven.
liftlift > tsm
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
July 09 2013 17:20 GMT
#7468
Yeah my opinion is that banning is not too important so I usually just ask what people want banned and ban Nunu first.

What about favorite 1st pick(s) tho?
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
July 09 2013 17:24 GMT
#7469
On July 10 2013 02:17 Sponkz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 02:10 kainzero wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:54 Mauzel wrote:
Not asking for a right or wrong answer just curious about how people think the drafting process in league

Curious whether people ban w/e FoTM champions they don't like or if people put more thought into it.

I just ban hookers because I don't like playing against them.
You kinda have to change how you move and how you ward when they're in play, especially around tower sieges.
Also, STDs are terrible.

I would ban Eve too but no one really plays her.

To be honest, banning in solo queue really doesn't make a difference and I've said this a lot.




They sure are. Which one did you get?

Giant enemy crabs.



If I'm first pick, I usually grab support or jungle. Don't like being countered. I get enough of that in blind normals.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-09 17:43:06
July 09 2013 17:34 GMT
#7470
On July 10 2013 01:44 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 01:42 Alaric wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:19 NeoIllusions wrote:
The past 20 pages has been all over the place.

I'm not even sure what to say.

"TL LoL, I am disappoint proud."

Switch it up a bit. You know that's how we get so tight-knit. <3

"TL LoL, I am proud, except for that Alaric kid. Go to your corner for time out. Here's your cap."

I guess it is end-of-patch lulls. But I do feel like we should try a litttttttle harder to be on topic with League.
Just sayin'

Edit: I play Kha'Zix Top now. Alaric, I am disappoint.

You play Kha'Zix at all. It's beyond disappointment, I should disown you.


I ban popular stuff I hate, which generally is retarded and fail-proof stuff (previously Kha'Zix, currently Jayce and Elise, whenever Anivia becomes popular I'll ban her ass too), then Nunu more because he's annoying than OP or anything (normal Elo prob hovers around Silver II-II, hue), or I just ask the team. I tend to ban junglers like Lee if I want to fp Nautilus, or Hecarim sometimes (just because he's strong when used well).

If I want to train I'll just put those annoying things out of the way (don't care about laning/match-ups, I can't avoid them forever so might as well practice them). If I just want to relax I'll ban common stuff that makes my lane hard or boring (like Kass against Syndra, or a bunch of tops).
In ranked I usually go mid or top if I'm fp, depending on bans, sometimes jungle (not too often because I'm more confident in fp-ing Jax/Irelia than Nautilus, getting "counterpicked" by a hard lane is easier to deal with than taking a duelist counterjungler to the face for me). Really need the team to be in shambles for me to fp support since I prefer to adjust to enemy picks (fp Leona on purple side is asking for trouble for example).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
July 09 2013 17:37 GMT
#7471
On July 10 2013 02:34 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 01:44 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:42 Alaric wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:19 NeoIllusions wrote:
The past 20 pages has been all over the place.

I'm not even sure what to say.

"TL LoL, I am disappoint proud."

Switch it up a bit. You know that's how we get so tight-knit. <3

"TL LoL, I am proud, except for that Alaric kid. Go to your corner for time out. Here's your cap."

I guess it is end-of-patch lulls. But I do feel like we should try a litttttttle harder to be on topic with League.
Just sayin'

Edit: I play Kha'Zix Top now. Alaric, I am disappoint.

You play Kha'Zix at all. It's beyond disappointment, I should disown you.

ur banned
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 09 2013 17:38 GMT
#7472
On July 10 2013 02:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 02:34 Alaric wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:44 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:42 Alaric wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:19 NeoIllusions wrote:
The past 20 pages has been all over the place.

I'm not even sure what to say.

"TL LoL, I am disappoint proud."

Switch it up a bit. You know that's how we get so tight-knit. <3

"TL LoL, I am proud, except for that Alaric kid. Go to your corner for time out. Here's your cap."

I guess it is end-of-patch lulls. But I do feel like we should try a litttttttle harder to be on topic with League.
Just sayin'

Edit: I play Kha'Zix Top now. Alaric, I am disappoint.

You play Kha'Zix at all. It's beyond disappointment, I should disown you.

ur banned

darknesssssssssssssssssssssss

Seriously though; Why Kha top? seems really easy to get abused on now.
liftlift > tsm
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 09 2013 17:38 GMT
#7473
On July 10 2013 02:34 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 01:44 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:42 Alaric wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:19 NeoIllusions wrote:
The past 20 pages has been all over the place.

I'm not even sure what to say.

"TL LoL, I am disappoint proud."

Switch it up a bit. You know that's how we get so tight-knit. <3

"TL LoL, I am proud, except for that Alaric kid. Go to your corner for time out. Here's your cap."

I guess it is end-of-patch lulls. But I do feel like we should try a litttttttle harder to be on topic with League.
Just sayin'

Edit: I play Kha'Zix Top now. Alaric, I am disappoint.

You play Kha'Zix at all. It's beyond disappointment, I should disown you.

But it's justified by Mecha-Khazix, see?

Of course, it would go on sale 3 days after I bought it >.>
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
July 09 2013 17:43 GMT
#7474
On July 10 2013 02:38 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 02:34 Alaric wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:44 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:42 Alaric wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:19 NeoIllusions wrote:
The past 20 pages has been all over the place.

I'm not even sure what to say.

"TL LoL, I am disappoint proud."

Switch it up a bit. You know that's how we get so tight-knit. <3

"TL LoL, I am proud, except for that Alaric kid. Go to your corner for time out. Here's your cap."

I guess it is end-of-patch lulls. But I do feel like we should try a litttttttle harder to be on topic with League.
Just sayin'

Edit: I play Kha'Zix Top now. Alaric, I am disappoint.

You play Kha'Zix at all. It's beyond disappointment, I should disown you.

But it's justified by Mecha-Khazix, see?

Of course, it would go on sale 3 days after I bought it >.>

I have shit tons of RP but I don't play Khazix (or even LoL) enough to really justify buying it...
But so pretty, plus rockets, plus easier to see targeting reticules....
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 09 2013 17:43 GMT
#7475
Don't they normally refund the difference when it's that recent of a purchase?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-09 17:50:33
July 09 2013 17:49 GMT
#7476
On July 10 2013 02:43 mordek wrote:
Don't they normally refund the difference when it's that recent of a purchase?

yeah, they're pretty good about doing it if you got the skin a day or two before it went on sale
On July 10 2013 02:43 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 02:38 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:34 Alaric wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:44 NeoIllusions wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:42 Alaric wrote:
On July 10 2013 01:19 NeoIllusions wrote:
The past 20 pages has been all over the place.

I'm not even sure what to say.

"TL LoL, I am disappoint proud."

Switch it up a bit. You know that's how we get so tight-knit. <3

"TL LoL, I am proud, except for that Alaric kid. Go to your corner for time out. Here's your cap."

I guess it is end-of-patch lulls. But I do feel like we should try a litttttttle harder to be on topic with League.
Just sayin'

Edit: I play Kha'Zix Top now. Alaric, I am disappoint.

You play Kha'Zix at all. It's beyond disappointment, I should disown you.

But it's justified by Mecha-Khazix, see?

Of course, it would go on sale 3 days after I bought it >.>

I have shit tons of RP but I don't play Khazix (or even LoL) enough to really justify buying it...
But so pretty, plus rockets, plus easier to see targeting reticules....

what
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 09 2013 17:52 GMT
#7477
Why would you have a shit ton of RP if you don't play enough to justify buying stuff.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 09 2013 17:54 GMT
#7478
Champs that are too strong relative to their ease of play at my elo are my primary bans. J4 ezmode, same with thresh and heca and diana.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-09 18:01:10
July 09 2013 18:00 GMT
#7479
On July 10 2013 00:11 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2013 23:44 ticklishmusic wrote:
University housing is the most stupidly overpriced thing ever, its more than a grand per month.

But srsly, lets all just more to Korea. Or Taiwan.

Where are you going to Uni, and with how many roommates?


I got to Emory, its overall pretty stupidly overpriced though they gave me the most scholarships out of all the places I got in..

Housing freshman/sophomore year you share a room with another person and the cost is around a grand. Junior/Senior housing is suite-style (4 rooms share a common area and two bathrooms) but costs a couple hundred extra. The apartment I'm in right now is much nicer albeit unfurnished) and Its 2 bedroom/2bath and I pay around $500 for rent per month with 2 roommates.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
July 09 2013 18:01 GMT
#7480
On July 10 2013 03:00 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 00:11 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On July 09 2013 23:44 ticklishmusic wrote:
University housing is the most stupidly overpriced thing ever, its more than a grand per month.

But srsly, lets all just more to Korea. Or Taiwan.

Where are you going to Uni, and with how many roommates?


I got to Emory, its overall pretty stupidly overpriced though they gave me the most scholarships out of all the places I got in..

Housing freshman/sophomore year you share a room with another person and the cost is around a grand. Junior/Senior housing is suite-style (4 rooms share a common area and two bathrooms) but costs a couple hundred extra. The apartment I'm in right now is much nicer albeit unfurnished) and Its 2 bedroom/2bath and I pay around $500 for rent per month with 2 roommates.

Emory is a good school, congrats! They have a strong bio/med field if that's of any interest to you.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Prev 1 372 373 374 375 376 380 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 161
EnDerr 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12289
Hyuk 423
Stork 171
Soma 170
actioN 95
Rush 84
Mong 74
EffOrt 72
Killer 64
Shinee 62
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 58
Yoon 49
ToSsGirL 47
Shine 42
Bale 35
Sharp 29
Noble 28
Hm[arnc] 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 12
HiyA 5
Dota 2
Gorgc1692
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Counter-Strike
olofmeister915
shoxiejesuss912
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
gofns24263
summit1g7806
singsing1170
ceh9511
crisheroes148
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick691
BasetradeTV153
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 26
• StrangeGG 6
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV162
• lizZardDota2160
League of Legends
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur721
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
41m
INu's Battles
1h 41m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 41m
OSC
12h 56m
Replay Cast
13h 41m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.