• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:54
CEST 23:54
KST 06:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11356 users

[Patch 3.08: Aatrox Patch] General Discussion - Page 351

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 349 350 351 352 353 380 Next
Interested in helping start an on-topic, serious League discussion thread? PM Neo to talk about how to get started.
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
July 08 2013 06:30 GMT
#7001
On July 08 2013 13:55 HazMat wrote:
Lost a lot of respect for Megazero for starting an obvious witch hunt on reddit and then acting like he didn't mean to start one in the first place. Don't care what Marn did, you just don't do that shit.

Oh wait didn't have much respect for him anyhow nvm.


Shots fired.
Retvrn to Forvms
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
July 08 2013 06:37 GMT
#7002
On July 08 2013 14:53 ReketSomething wrote:
I realize I like the LoL subforum because it is really like the way TL used to be.


hardly.
TranslatorBaa!
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
July 08 2013 06:37 GMT
#7003
On July 08 2013 08:11 Erasme wrote:
as i said its pointless to compare these two games because few people here can play both of them at high level and theres too many factors involved.


it was never intended to be a comparison, I was more or less wondering out loud what about buyback people enjoy, some people answered some people chose to compare it to league. I'm not convinced I like it still, but it doesn't make either game better, in fact as you mentioned it's just another reason why it's silly for people to say one is objectively better.
Carrilord has arrived.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
July 08 2013 06:42 GMT
#7004
On July 08 2013 14:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 13:37 cLutZ wrote:
On July 08 2013 13:30 caelym wrote:
Apparently it's just rent money? Where would eSports be without all the drama?


On the other hand, their house was pretty gratuitously expensive for a team that had done so little.

Every team should be more like Curse and move to Vegas for the 90% off housing.


Think about it. If every NA team moved to Vegas, that'll actually be awesome. It's gonna be like the NA esports mecca.

Well considering many teams don't have/don't want team houses, idk if it's actually a viable option for NA though.


Ur kidding right? Name an LCS NA team that doesn't have one.
Freeeeeeedom
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 06:57:44
July 08 2013 06:55 GMT
#7005
Warning, minor rant to follow.

Fucking Reddit man. The current top post on r/LeagueofLegends is "The Korean Pro LoL Scene." at 1762 upvotes Some dude that is an intern at KeSPA is asking if people would want exclusive interviews with pros, setting up AMAs, ect ect. That's all well and good, but so many of the comments are saying stuff like "yeah, interviews about players and their life would be super cool." Meanwhile, Chexx's exclusive interview with Ozone's coach sit's at 123 upvotes. What. The. Fuck. I guess this just goes to prove that Reddit gets way more excited about ideas for content as opposed to actual content that already exists. Not exactly a shocking revelation, but an annoying truth. Okay, I'm done.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
July 08 2013 07:00 GMT
#7006
^ That is hilarious as fuck. I'm not going to lie. I laughed.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 08 2013 07:11 GMT
#7007
On July 08 2013 15:55 onlywonderboy wrote:
Warning, minor rant to follow.

Fucking Reddit man. The current top post on r/LeagueofLegends is "The Korean Pro LoL Scene." at 1762 upvotes Some dude that is an intern at KeSPA is asking if people would want exclusive interviews with pros, setting up AMAs, ect ect. That's all well and good, but so many of the comments are saying stuff like "yeah, interviews about players and their life would be super cool." Meanwhile, Chexx's exclusive interview with Ozone's coach sit's at 123 upvotes. What. The. Fuck. I guess this just goes to prove that Reddit gets way more excited about ideas for content as opposed to actual content that already exists. Not exactly a shocking revelation, but an annoying truth. Okay, I'm done.

Typical /r/lol hating on TL because LoL isn't official. =[
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 07:16:39
July 08 2013 07:12 GMT
#7008
On July 08 2013 15:37 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 14:53 ReketSomething wrote:
I realize I like the LoL subforum because it is really like the way TL used to be.


hardly.

i remember being C- and giving tips to D players. I'm such a badass. jk i was a lurker for like 2 years
BW -> League -> CSGO
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
July 08 2013 07:13 GMT
#7009
On July 08 2013 15:55 onlywonderboy wrote:
Warning, minor rant to follow.

Fucking Reddit man. The current top post on r/LeagueofLegends is "The Korean Pro LoL Scene." at 1762 upvotes Some dude that is an intern at KeSPA is asking if people would want exclusive interviews with pros, setting up AMAs, ect ect. That's all well and good, but so many of the comments are saying stuff like "yeah, interviews about players and their life would be super cool." Meanwhile, Chexx's exclusive interview with Ozone's coach sit's at 123 upvotes. What. The. Fuck. I guess this just goes to prove that Reddit gets way more excited about ideas for content as opposed to actual content that already exists. Not exactly a shocking revelation, but an annoying truth. Okay, I'm done.


Thats normal. Reading scares people in particular on the internet. If something is too long people wont read it. Thats why you need to present it good. Was hoping for more upvotes too but the amount of hits on TL is the same as "more upvoted TL stuff" I had. So I think it is okay
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 08 2013 07:18 GMT
#7010
On July 08 2013 16:13 Chexx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 15:55 onlywonderboy wrote:
Warning, minor rant to follow.

Fucking Reddit man. The current top post on r/LeagueofLegends is "The Korean Pro LoL Scene." at 1762 upvotes Some dude that is an intern at KeSPA is asking if people would want exclusive interviews with pros, setting up AMAs, ect ect. That's all well and good, but so many of the comments are saying stuff like "yeah, interviews about players and their life would be super cool." Meanwhile, Chexx's exclusive interview with Ozone's coach sit's at 123 upvotes. What. The. Fuck. I guess this just goes to prove that Reddit gets way more excited about ideas for content as opposed to actual content that already exists. Not exactly a shocking revelation, but an annoying truth. Okay, I'm done.


Thats normal. Reading scares people in particular on the internet. If something is too long people wont read it. Thats why you need to present it good. Was hoping for more upvotes too but the amount of hits on TL is the same as "more upvoted TL stuff" I had. So I think it is okay

The irony just cuts so, so deep.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
July 08 2013 07:19 GMT
#7011
On July 08 2013 15:55 onlywonderboy wrote:
Warning, minor rant to follow.

Fucking Reddit man. The current top post on r/LeagueofLegends is "The Korean Pro LoL Scene." at 1762 upvotes Some dude that is an intern at KeSPA is asking if people would want exclusive interviews with pros, setting up AMAs, ect ect. That's all well and good, but so many of the comments are saying stuff like "yeah, interviews about players and their life would be super cool." Meanwhile, Chexx's exclusive interview with Ozone's coach sit's at 123 upvotes. What. The. Fuck. I guess this just goes to prove that Reddit gets way more excited about ideas for content as opposed to actual content that already exists. Not exactly a shocking revelation, but an annoying truth. Okay, I'm done.

Almost wanted to post something along these line in that reddit thread but I thought it'd be petty, haha.
The irony is immense.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
July 08 2013 07:20 GMT
#7012
On July 08 2013 16:19 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 15:55 onlywonderboy wrote:
Warning, minor rant to follow.

Fucking Reddit man. The current top post on r/LeagueofLegends is "The Korean Pro LoL Scene." at 1762 upvotes Some dude that is an intern at KeSPA is asking if people would want exclusive interviews with pros, setting up AMAs, ect ect. That's all well and good, but so many of the comments are saying stuff like "yeah, interviews about players and their life would be super cool." Meanwhile, Chexx's exclusive interview with Ozone's coach sit's at 123 upvotes. What. The. Fuck. I guess this just goes to prove that Reddit gets way more excited about ideas for content as opposed to actual content that already exists. Not exactly a shocking revelation, but an annoying truth. Okay, I'm done.

Almost wanted to post something along these line in that reddit thread but I thought it'd be petty, haha.
The irony is immense.

That's why I just posted here instead lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 07:23:12
July 08 2013 07:22 GMT
#7013
On July 08 2013 16:19 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 15:55 onlywonderboy wrote:
Warning, minor rant to follow.

Fucking Reddit man. The current top post on r/LeagueofLegends is "The Korean Pro LoL Scene." at 1762 upvotes Some dude that is an intern at KeSPA is asking if people would want exclusive interviews with pros, setting up AMAs, ect ect. That's all well and good, but so many of the comments are saying stuff like "yeah, interviews about players and their life would be super cool." Meanwhile, Chexx's exclusive interview with Ozone's coach sit's at 123 upvotes. What. The. Fuck. I guess this just goes to prove that Reddit gets way more excited about ideas for content as opposed to actual content that already exists. Not exactly a shocking revelation, but an annoying truth. Okay, I'm done.

Almost wanted to post something along these line in that reddit thread but I thought it'd be petty, haha.
The irony is immense.

It's k; I posted for you. I'd be pretty salty; not getting rewarded for your guys's hard work is a load of shit.
liftlift > tsm
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 08 2013 07:25 GMT
#7014
I totally get it. I watch the LCS and I love the game and I want the scene to grow, but I personally honestly don't really care what Ozone's coach has to say about anything, and whenever they put a progamer in front of a camera to say anything it more often than not tends to be awkward and/or uninteresting.

A progamer actually playing the game is like a clumsy, fat sea-lion once it reaches the water; it suddenly becomes graceful and impressive, and that's what I'm in it for.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 08 2013 07:27 GMT
#7015
Ive never used reddit in my life. Not for any game not just LoL.

I mean aside from the odd link on the forums etc.

Is it really that good a source of information on LoL / Esports? Should i start using it?

Its layout is just so fucking trash and obvious flaws with their upvote system as stated, fuck dat shit. I use TL for discussion / news 4LYF
Useless wet fish.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 07:28:37
July 08 2013 07:27 GMT
#7016
On July 08 2013 16:25 Osmoses wrote:
I totally get it. I watch the LCS and I love the game and I want the scene to grow, but I personally honestly don't really care what Ozone's coach has to say about anything, and whenever they put a progamer in front of a camera to say anything it more often than not tends to be awkward and/or uninteresting.

A progamer actually playing the game is like a clumsy, fat sea-lion once it reaches the water; it suddenly becomes graceful and impressive, and that's what I'm in it for.

The joke is that everyone is asking for VoDs and shit; when the joke is that OGN has VoDs on a paid subscription for very cheap; and great analysis by Monte; and our staff. The stuff is out there; but redditors actually don't fucking want it. They just say they want it. Otherwise they would've already known all of this.
On July 08 2013 16:27 Capped wrote:
Ive never used reddit in my life. Not for any game not just LoL.

I mean aside from the odd link on the forums etc.

Is it really that good a source of information on LoL / Esports? Should i start using it?

Its layout is just so fucking trash and obvious flaws with their upvote system as stated, fuck dat shit. I use TL for discussion / news 4LYF


It's great for false hype; stupid drama, and shake montages.
liftlift > tsm
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 08 2013 07:30 GMT
#7017
On July 08 2013 16:27 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 16:25 Osmoses wrote:
I totally get it. I watch the LCS and I love the game and I want the scene to grow, but I personally honestly don't really care what Ozone's coach has to say about anything, and whenever they put a progamer in front of a camera to say anything it more often than not tends to be awkward and/or uninteresting.

A progamer actually playing the game is like a clumsy, fat sea-lion once it reaches the water; it suddenly becomes graceful and impressive, and that's what I'm in it for.

The joke is that everyone is asking for VoDs and shit; when the joke is that OGN has VoDs on a paid subscription for very cheap; and great analysis by Monte; and our staff. The stuff is out there; but redditors actually don't fucking want it. They just say they want it. Otherwise they would've already known all of this.

Yes but that's what I'm saying; they upvote and are positive about it because they want the scene to grow, even if they themselves don't want this particular content.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 08 2013 07:31 GMT
#7018
On July 08 2013 16:30 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 16:27 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 08 2013 16:25 Osmoses wrote:
I totally get it. I watch the LCS and I love the game and I want the scene to grow, but I personally honestly don't really care what Ozone's coach has to say about anything, and whenever they put a progamer in front of a camera to say anything it more often than not tends to be awkward and/or uninteresting.

A progamer actually playing the game is like a clumsy, fat sea-lion once it reaches the water; it suddenly becomes graceful and impressive, and that's what I'm in it for.

The joke is that everyone is asking for VoDs and shit; when the joke is that OGN has VoDs on a paid subscription for very cheap; and great analysis by Monte; and our staff. The stuff is out there; but redditors actually don't fucking want it. They just say they want it. Otherwise they would've already known all of this.

Yes but that's what I'm saying; they upvote and are positive about it because they want the scene to grow, even if they themselves don't want this particular content.

Growth isn't asking for something and then not using it.
liftlift > tsm
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 08 2013 07:33 GMT
#7019
On July 08 2013 16:27 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 16:25 Osmoses wrote:
I totally get it. I watch the LCS and I love the game and I want the scene to grow, but I personally honestly don't really care what Ozone's coach has to say about anything, and whenever they put a progamer in front of a camera to say anything it more often than not tends to be awkward and/or uninteresting.

A progamer actually playing the game is like a clumsy, fat sea-lion once it reaches the water; it suddenly becomes graceful and impressive, and that's what I'm in it for.

The joke is that everyone is asking for VoDs and shit; when the joke is that OGN has VoDs on a paid subscription for very cheap; and great analysis by Monte; and our staff. The stuff is out there; but redditors actually don't fucking want it. They just say they want it. Otherwise they would've already known all of this.

They just want it for free. Ingrates.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 08 2013 07:34 GMT
#7020
On July 08 2013 16:33 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 16:27 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 08 2013 16:25 Osmoses wrote:
I totally get it. I watch the LCS and I love the game and I want the scene to grow, but I personally honestly don't really care what Ozone's coach has to say about anything, and whenever they put a progamer in front of a camera to say anything it more often than not tends to be awkward and/or uninteresting.

A progamer actually playing the game is like a clumsy, fat sea-lion once it reaches the water; it suddenly becomes graceful and impressive, and that's what I'm in it for.

The joke is that everyone is asking for VoDs and shit; when the joke is that OGN has VoDs on a paid subscription for very cheap; and great analysis by Monte; and our staff. The stuff is out there; but redditors actually don't fucking want it. They just say they want it. Otherwise they would've already known all of this.

They just want it for free. Ingrates.

It's like it isn't restreamed twice; at very convenient hours.
liftlift > tsm
Prev 1 349 350 351 352 353 380 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 222
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm90
League of Legends
Doublelift3809
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0299
crisheroes294
ToD277
Livibee185
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 28
• HeavenSC 12
• Sammyuel 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur535
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 6m
Replay Cast
1h 6m
OSC
14h 6m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.