• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9377 users

[Patch 3.08: Aatrox Patch] General Discussion - Page 140

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 380 Next
Interested in helping start an on-topic, serious League discussion thread? PM Neo to talk about how to get started.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 21 2013 06:44 GMT
#2781
On June 21 2013 13:52 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Why is it I streak losses in my series for Plat, yet somehow streak wins to build up the LP back for another series.

: psyduck :

On the plus side, when you do hit plat, you might skip 5 entirely.
ChaoSbringer
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Australia1382 Posts
June 21 2013 06:45 GMT
#2782
On June 21 2013 15:26 Amui wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2013 15:06 NeoIllusions wrote:
Still prefer cakegirl.


We need a poll with pics for science and great justice.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=417810
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
June 21 2013 06:54 GMT
#2783
ward > cake
AntiAntiHero
Profile Joined December 2012
United States10 Posts
June 21 2013 06:58 GMT
#2784
Hi there, forgot I signed up with this website. Finally caught up with the General Discussion after a series of days, figured I'd pop in and say something. I'm a friend of onlywonderboy (if that counts for anything; the only community things I've learned through this thread so far are that Costcos are a heaven-sent gift and that you all really enjoy Pokemon) and decided to join this forum on his recommendation! I'm a low-Silver scrub who has spent most of his summer trying to battle out of Silver into Gold, with moderate success. Hoping to learn a thing or two from you guys.

I've actually been keeping a journal with my ranked games and notes in it, in an attempt to better myself, and I think it's working. I store my game data, immediate impressions, and advice to myself in it after games, with intent to look back over notes in downtime. Has anyone tried something similar, to their success? I know watching replays are a popular way to improve, but I don't think my crappy HP laptop and inconsistent home internet would allow gaming and recording at the same time very well.
I came to play. Hard.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 06:59:33
June 21 2013 06:59 GMT
#2785
Welcome. :3
onlywonderboy is kinda important around here, just fyi.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
XaCez
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden6991 Posts
June 21 2013 07:13 GMT
#2786
OGN qualifiers are live, with a... Support Malzahar?
http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet
People get too easily offended by people getting too easily offended by the word rape.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 07:18:16
June 21 2013 07:18 GMT
#2787
Whenever I make a mistake I think about what I could have done differently there and then mentally playing out the situation to ensure that I actually will do it properly the next time. The mistake could range from getting jungler ganked due to overextending without wards to barely missing a kill because my animation canceling was messy and I couldn't land that one last basic attack.

Being able to deal with other players is very important, as is dodging. You lose no MMR when you dodge, so when people talk shit and flame each other and pick troll champions, just go ahead and dodge.

Another thing would probably be being able to deal with camping properly, though this depends on the lane. For example the last game I was camped really hard by the enemy jungler but despite falling slightly behind managed to come back strongly later on in the game. It's important to know what's worth what. Sometimes when you're far behind and like 0-7 it might be worth it to just go suicide while farming as many minions as you can because you're worth about the same as a single minion to the enemy.

Then again I could also be talking total nonsense, who knows. Oh right and don't pick Fiora, she's a useless champion who cannot carry(riot buff pls).
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Mondeezy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1938 Posts
June 21 2013 07:25 GMT
#2788
I wonder how many games I would have to play to improve enough to make it to Diamond this season. Took me about 300 to get from Gold to Plat, but I see people ranging anywhere from 500 to 1200 for Diamond.

Problem is playing with IRL friends though - can't ditch em but none of em are high enough to duo queue with so I end up just trolling norms lol.
LoL NA: Mondeezy - TL - Riven <3
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
June 21 2013 07:26 GMT
#2789
On June 21 2013 16:13 XaCez wrote:
OGN qualifiers are live, with a... Support Malzahar?
http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

I really hope they lose horribly and malzahar goes like 0-8-0 so that we never see that in soloqueue
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 21 2013 07:41 GMT
#2790
On June 21 2013 15:58 AntiAntiHero wrote:
Hi there, forgot I signed up with this website. Finally caught up with the General Discussion after a series of days, figured I'd pop in and say something. I'm a friend of onlywonderboy (if that counts for anything; the only community things I've learned through this thread so far are that Costcos are a heaven-sent gift and that you all really enjoy Pokemon) and decided to join this forum on his recommendation! I'm a low-Silver scrub who has spent most of his summer trying to battle out of Silver into Gold, with moderate success. Hoping to learn a thing or two from you guys.

I've actually been keeping a journal with my ranked games and notes in it, in an attempt to better myself, and I think it's working. I store my game data, immediate impressions, and advice to myself in it after games, with intent to look back over notes in downtime. Has anyone tried something similar, to their success? I know watching replays are a popular way to improve, but I don't think my crappy HP laptop and inconsistent home internet would allow gaming and recording at the same time very well.

Hey there. Friend of OWB is a friend of mine. =]

I did something similar back in S2 and gained 200ish elo over a month or so.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 08:00:07
June 21 2013 07:53 GMT
#2791
On June 21 2013 15:59 NeoIllusions wrote:
Welcome. :3
onlywonderboy is kinda important around here, just fyi.

Being a curse fanboi is important? Where do I sign up?

On June 21 2013 15:58 AntiAntiHero wrote:
Hi there, forgot I signed up with this website. Finally caught up with the General Discussion after a series of days, figured I'd pop in and say something. I'm a friend of onlywonderboy (if that counts for anything; the only community things I've learned through this thread so far are that Costcos are a heaven-sent gift and that you all really enjoy Pokemon) and decided to join this forum on his recommendation! I'm a low-Silver scrub who has spent most of his summer trying to battle out of Silver into Gold, with moderate success. Hoping to learn a thing or two from you guys.

I've actually been keeping a journal with my ranked games and notes in it, in an attempt to better myself, and I think it's working. I store my game data, immediate impressions, and advice to myself in it after games, with intent to look back over notes in downtime. Has anyone tried something similar, to their success? I know watching replays are a popular way to improve, but I don't think my crappy HP laptop and inconsistent home internet would allow gaming and recording at the same time very well.

Old man craton used to keep records of his games. But he stopped quite a while ago. I think depending on your skill level, most mistakes are more so mechanical errors, and less so bad strategy. Don't know how important records really are until you're mechanically good.
liftlift > tsm
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 21 2013 08:02 GMT
#2792
On June 21 2013 15:59 NeoIllusions wrote:
onlywonderboy is kinda important around here, just fyi.

I thought we fired him.

I don't remember why, though.
Moderator
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 21 2013 08:05 GMT
#2793
On June 21 2013 17:02 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2013 15:59 NeoIllusions wrote:
onlywonderboy is kinda important around here, just fyi.

I thought we fired him.

I don't remember why, though.

I think I heard he was requesting a raise?
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 08:41:39
June 21 2013 08:40 GMT
#2794
Najin Roster Shuffle (again!)

White Shield - Save, NoFe, Ggoong 꿍 (has the same Korean name as Grape, who retired from BW to play LoL, could this be him?), Locodoco, Chop - Zephyr and Gorilla <- Subs (ADC/Support)
Black Sword - Expession, Watch, Pray, Cain, SSong, Wayfarer (나그네) <- Sub
Commentator
Don_Julio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
2220 Posts
June 21 2013 08:53 GMT
#2795
On June 21 2013 17:40 GTR wrote:
Ggoong 꿍 (has the same Korean name as Grape, who retired from BW to play LoL, could this be him?)


I'd be so happy. I really liked him at BW, he had a lot of potential, too, but he came too late to enjoy a greater amount of success. Man, why didn't Stork switch, too? LoL would be perfect for him. Could play cellphone games while waiting for Queue/Scrims all day.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 08:58:57
June 21 2013 08:57 GMT
#2796
According to http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13438&id=1530266, it seems it is indeed him.
Second player to transition successfully from BW/SC2 -> LoL in Korea after Watch. So much for sC/CoCa/Puzzle attempting (back to SC2) or Min/Inori/Brave (who haven't been seen since).
Commentator
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 09:00:54
June 21 2013 08:59 GMT
#2797
On June 21 2013 17:40 GTR wrote:
Najin Roster Shuffle (again!)

White Shield - Save, NoFe, Ggoong 꿍 (has the same Korean name as Grape, who retired from BW to play LoL, could this be him?), Locodoco, Chop - Zephyr and Gorilla <- Subs (ADC/Support)
Black Sword - Expession, Watch, Pray, Cain, SSong, Wayfarer (나그네) <- Sub


All the korean teams are shuffling around. It's pretty crazy, but I guess it's part of the reason they have such a huge lead in LoL. These guys must have a lot of pressure on them to perform. It's really interesting though, especially if that Grape really is the one from BW

-edit-
gah that ninja. Really cool to see!
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 21 2013 09:03 GMT
#2798
It makes me happy to see Trist and Riven seeing competitive play. I loved them before they were cool yo! Bit less happy about them being taken by other team/banned in soloque now though... Guess I need to start practicing a new obscure top. Started playing Trynda, he's alot stronger than people give him credit for, but I feel like he lacks the finesse/depth of Riven. Anyone have a recommendation?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Sponkz
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark4564 Posts
June 21 2013 09:10 GMT
#2799
On June 21 2013 13:52 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Why is it I streak losses in my series for Plat, yet somehow streak wins to build up the LP back for another series.

: psyduck :



Long story short, the system doesn't think you should get promoted, so every time you get into your promotion series, you are match-maked with people higher than your current MMR.
hi
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
June 21 2013 09:13 GMT
#2800
On June 21 2013 17:05 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2013 17:02 TheYango wrote:
On June 21 2013 15:59 NeoIllusions wrote:
onlywonderboy is kinda important around here, just fyi.

I thought we fired him.

I don't remember why, though.

I think I heard he was requesting a raise?


Poor guy just wanted some eSports dollars.
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 380 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings10
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 155
ProTech142
ViBE100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14418
Artosis 619
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm137
canceldota133
League of Legends
Doublelift3560
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1513
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe49
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g6897
FrodaN1059
shahzam475
C9.Mang0337
Day[9].tv144
Mew2King24
Maynarde23
Trikslyr6
fpsfer 0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• RyuSc2 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie832
• Shiphtur587
• Day9tv144
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 49m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.