• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:41
CEST 01:41
KST 08:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8098 users

LOST Season 5 - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17 18 Next All
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-22 22:10:39
January 22 2009 22:10 GMT
#81
This crap is still going?Watched first 4 seasons, 1 and 2 were really good, rest was just for pure purpose of keeping the storyline...God, why do they have to resurrect/make 10 seasons of all decent series.
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
cava
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States1035 Posts
January 22 2009 22:12 GMT
#82
On January 23 2009 07:10 Itachii wrote:
This crap is still going?Watched first 4 seasons, 1 and 2 were really good, rest was just for pure purpose of keeping the storyline...God, why do they have to resurrect/make 10 seasons of all decent series.


Its not crap its pretty much the best show on tv right now. Also they had a 5 season plan since the beginning. It will end up being 6 seasons though because the last 3 seasons are mini seasons.
cava!
inReacH
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Sweden1612 Posts
January 22 2009 22:24 GMT
#83
http://tvshack.net/tv/Lost/
bObaZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
Portugal864 Posts
January 23 2009 00:17 GMT
#84
On January 23 2009 07:10 Itachii wrote:
This crap is still going?Watched first 4 seasons, 1 and 2 were really good, rest was just for pure purpose of keeping the storyline...God, why do they have to resurrect/make 10 seasons of all decent series.


How can u say that?

Season 1 and 2 and a little of 3 Are just an introduction for what's to come. The Real Story Line only begins late season 3 and season 4! And it's FREAKIN GREAT!
dan1st
Profile Joined April 2004
Malaysia399 Posts
January 23 2009 02:47 GMT
#85
On January 23 2009 07:24 inReacH wrote:
http://tvshack.net/tv/Lost/


Wow, how come no one has shown me that link before.
Been looking for a site like this for a long time.
TQTQTQTQ!
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
January 23 2009 17:07 GMT
#86
On January 23 2009 11:47 dan1st wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2009 07:24 inReacH wrote:
http://tvshack.net/tv/Lost/


Wow, how come no one has shown me that link before.
Been looking for a site like this for a long time.
TQTQTQTQ!


www.surfthechannel.com
www.alluc.net
http://tv-links.cc/

i live off these sites
Dwell
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
January 24 2009 01:07 GMT
#87
I missed the first episode thank god for hulu! Off I go!
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
ToT)BrAiN(
Profile Joined March 2003
Austria899 Posts
February 12 2009 16:42 GMT
#88
okay, have to bump this cause last night the newest episode came out

what
the
fuck
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
February 12 2009 17:15 GMT
#89
Awesomest series ever!
Quanticfograw
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States2053 Posts
February 12 2009 17:40 GMT
#90
hmmmmmmm such a good show but I wonder if farady still tries to convince the little girl not to come back to the island when he knows his attempt is futile. I bet you that lock wakes up somehow after the transport thing and dies in some other way before they get to the island. No way is he continuing to be dead.
https://twitter.com/quanticfograw
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
February 12 2009 19:11 GMT
#91
I can't believe that after 5 seasons, this show is only getting better and better!


oh and this show should totally be renamed to "WTF?!"

Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-12 19:37:16
February 12 2009 19:36 GMT
#92
I'm enjoying the show less and less tbh.

One of the main plots of seasons 1-3 was the development of the characters and it was fun because everyone had the characters he liked and the ones he hated and you actually felt with the characters.

Now most characters seem to me to have come to the end of the development that the writers intended and they're just left without a real personality (like Sawyer, wtf he was the coolest guy in the first seasons, now he's this lame reformed hero who desperately tries to retain his badboy image with mediocre jokes) or they're given some new, weird and imo farfetched twist. Rampage Sun for example, wtf.

I just don't really care about any of the characters anymore, because I have no idea what they stand for. Sayid? He worked for Ben, but now he's warning Hurley against him all the while killing the 500 assassins that are after him. I have no idea what his goals are anymore. Jack? He had some weird meeting with Locke and turned into an island worshipper, complete personality turnaround.

The story's still cool I guess, but after 4 seasons of defending Lost and believing that all of the mysteries were going to be solved eventually, it's starting to wear on me. Cuse and Lindelof said something like 'the story's starting to slip into this gear where it's answering more questions than it's asking.' lol! I'm just having trouble believing that they'll bring this to a satisfactory ending. I'm sure they have the big mysteries planned out, but what about the 34563 small things? Like, are we ever going to find out whether the guy Claire went to is really a psychic? Of course that's not really important to the story, but if you're going to make all those riddles, you should at least try to answer them all sometime.

Also, the story's become incredibly huge and complex. Whole storylines have just been completely forgotten so far. Rose and Bernard at least got like 2 minutes of screen time so far this season, but what about Walt for example? What about the black guy who went to see hurley at the mental hospital? In the last episode, when they were pursued by that boat, were you guys excited and wondering who those new people were? I was mostly just annoyed at yet another group of people to make this mess even more complicated.

I still like Lost and I look forward to every new episode, but it's lost a lot of its appeal imo.

/rant

On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
cava
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States1035 Posts
February 12 2009 20:08 GMT
#93
On February 13 2009 04:36 Orome wrote:
I'm enjoying the show less and less tbh.

One of the main plots of seasons 1-3 was the development of the characters and it was fun because everyone had the characters he liked and the ones he hated and you actually felt with the characters.

Now most characters seem to me to have come to the end of the development that the writers intended and they're just left without a real personality (like Sawyer, wtf he was the coolest guy in the first seasons, now he's this lame reformed hero who desperately tries to retain his badboy image with mediocre jokes) or they're given some new, weird and imo farfetched twist. Rampage Sun for example, wtf.

I just don't really care about any of the characters anymore, because I have no idea what they stand for. Sayid? He worked for Ben, but now he's warning Hurley against him all the while killing the 500 assassins that are after him. I have no idea what his goals are anymore. Jack? He had some weird meeting with Locke and turned into an island worshipper, complete personality turnaround.

The story's still cool I guess, but after 4 seasons of defending Lost and believing that all of the mysteries were going to be solved eventually, it's starting to wear on me. Cuse and Lindelof said something like 'the story's starting to slip into this gear where it's answering more questions than it's asking.' lol! I'm just having trouble believing that they'll bring this to a satisfactory ending. I'm sure they have the big mysteries planned out, but what about the 34563 small things? Like, are we ever going to find out whether the guy Claire went to is really a psychic? Of course that's not really important to the story, but if you're going to make all those riddles, you should at least try to answer them all sometime.

Also, the story's become incredibly huge and complex. Whole storylines have just been completely forgotten so far. Rose and Bernard at least got like 2 minutes of screen time so far this season, but what about Walt for example? What about the black guy who went to see hurley at the mental hospital? In the last episode, when they were pursued by that boat, were you guys excited and wondering who those new people were? I was mostly just annoyed at yet another group of people to make this mess even more complicated.

I still like Lost and I look forward to every new episode, but it's lost a lot of its appeal imo.

/rant



This season has been crammed full of answers to previous questions, but they cant answer everything at once. Rose and Bernard have always been side characters since the beginning as well. Im sure Sayid will explain why he is not so thrilled with Ben relatively shortly. Im also thinking that we will find more about the black guy toward the end of the season after they finally are ready to all go back to the island, I have a feeling that he is the oppostion and will make an attempt to stop them. The island was jumping back and forth through time, so we learned a few things about a few time periods that will probably come full circle not this season but the last.
cava!
mikodrak
Profile Joined February 2009
Czech Republic78 Posts
February 12 2009 20:10 GMT
#94
Orome: I just so agree.. so many little things.. just seems to me that theyre there just to add some kind of a "everything is a mystery" thing.

I really loved and was thrilled by seasons one and two, cause I seemed to understand (or at least I thought i did :D) what was going on all the time and the plot was so original. Now everything is just getting in the point where I say to myself "oh.. this was not at all planned in the beginning and we just have to go through this crap that was made up by the creators to make it a longer show"..
I mean I still like it and I will hang with it possibly to see the ending, but I dont think I am the only one who is getting tired of the "all mysteries aura".

To me, it seems that the shows that were just so great in the beginning (to me that was lost S01 and 02, prison break 01 and 02 and Heroes s01) are stuck somewhere, getting rid of their greatness by just widening the plot stupidly (Heroes) or just repeating the same schedule all over again (Prison Break). If it ended in three seasons with a certain "END" that would be believeable and intelligent plot-wise.. Like this, it seems that the magic is evaporating over time.

As I said, I still watch it time to time when I need a rest.. but Its more like a habit as I dont feel the deep thrill of it anymore. Like when the characters were getting to the inevitable battle in the end of Heroes s01 or some parts of Lost in season 2 which left me speechless after the ending title because of the writers geniousness. That was just great.

Guess Ill hope to see some better times..

Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-12 20:21:11
February 12 2009 20:20 GMT
#95
On February 13 2009 05:08 cava wrote:
This season has been crammed full of answers to previous questions, but they cant answer everything at once. Rose and Bernard have always been side characters since the beginning as well. Im sure Sayid will explain why he is not so thrilled with Ben relatively shortly. Im also thinking that we will find more about the black guy toward the end of the season after they finally are ready to all go back to the island, I have a feeling that he is the oppostion and will make an attempt to stop them. The island was jumping back and forth through time, so we learned a few things about a few time periods that will probably come full circle not this season but the last.


That's my point, I'm sure they haven't just forgotten, but there are so many characters and so many plot lines they can't possibly keep up with all of them. Plot lines like Jacob, Christian Shephard and Claire for example.

They'll come up again eventually, but because of the enormous complexity of the plot, the unravelling of the different plot lines has become incredibly distracted.
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 12 2009 20:24 GMT
#96
jacks dad = jacob???
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
February 12 2009 22:44 GMT
#97
I am thoroughly convinced that they totally just make this show up as they go along and will probably never answer more questions than they create.


but thats ok, as long as i ignore that I still enjoy the show anyways
cava
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States1035 Posts
February 12 2009 22:47 GMT
#98
On February 13 2009 07:44 travis wrote:
I am thoroughly convinced that they totally just make this show up as they go along and will probably never answer more questions than they create.


but thats ok, as long as i ignore that I still enjoy the show anyways


I feel exactly like this but with Heroes. The plot lines on that show take rediculous turns that make no sense. But Lost has had a general plotline planned out since the beginning.
cava!
numberThirtyOne
Profile Joined March 2008
United States294 Posts
February 12 2009 23:24 GMT
#99
On February 13 2009 04:36 Orome wrote:
In the last episode, when they were pursued by that boat, were you guys excited and wondering who those new people were? I was mostly just annoyed at yet another group of people to make this mess even more complicated.


I'd be extremely surprised if those were new people. They were obviously placed that far away on purpose so that we wouldn't get a good look at them and recognize who they were. The best theory I've heard so far on them is + Show Spoiler +
that it's the Oceanic 6 after coming back to the Island sometime in the future. In Season 3, we learned that the Others were building a runway on the smaller Island with the Hydra station. That runway could have been so the O6 could fly back there on Ajira(sp) Airways. They then come to the main island via those outrigger boats (they're the same style of boat we see Carl and everyone using to get to the Hydra and back). At some point, the O6 see that someone has run off with one of their boats, so they chase after and shoot at them.
voIDRAys are the most bm unit in SC2
Ichigo1234551
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States649 Posts
February 12 2009 23:39 GMT
#100
+ Show Spoiler +
THE ISLAND IS DEATH!!!!!!!!
I WILL DESTROY YOU IN 2009 OK???????????????
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O140
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 108
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 877
ZZZero.O 140
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
League of Legends
Doublelift5307
JimRising 774
Other Games
summit1g9572
FrodaN3260
KnowMe197
C9.Mang0184
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP57
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie905
• Shiphtur203
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 19m
Replay Cast
23h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.