• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:37
CEST 08:37
KST 15:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8068 users

How do you calm yourself down?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
December 21 2008 15:31 GMT
#1
I have a very hard time calming myself down. I always have to constantly be thinking about something, doing something, or just something something something. The calm state of mind is so ever elusive. When I need a break from starcraft, I don't just take a break, I have to download or upload or compress convert or do some background task just so that I'm not wasting my time being away from my computer. I go take a nap or something to calm me down, but I am never quite calm down when I can just sit and stare at my computer for like 1 minute before doing something. How do you guys get into a calm, submissive state of mind/being?
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
December 21 2008 15:33 GMT
#2
I usually kill people, cut them up, put them in garbage bags, and dump the bodies in the ocean.
#1 Kwanro Fan
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
December 21 2008 15:35 GMT
#3
I smoke a cigarette sometimes.

Also, I breathe in with my mouth slowly for ten seconds, then breathe out slowly for ten seconds (with my mouth yet again). It helps slow your heart down, therefore calming you down. Try it out.
Chains none
Jathin
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3505 Posts
December 21 2008 15:37 GMT
#4
--- Nuked ---
Locke.
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Israel562 Posts
December 21 2008 15:38 GMT
#5
do yoga
Sanity.
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States704 Posts
December 21 2008 15:39 GMT
#6
smoke weed and cigarettes. just got high. funny this thread is here.
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 15:46:07
December 21 2008 15:42 GMT
#7
I'm always in a super calm content state and if I seem angry or like I'm bitching about something it's all just an act trying to convey some fake emotions. That is unless I'm drunk and someone tries to rip me off then ANGER.

I don't think your question can be solved unless with drugs. Everyones different and some people just can't chill the fuck out for some reason. There are plenty of temporary fixes but that anxiety will always creep back up on some people.

edit: actually I lied sometimes I go into a sick state of tilt when I'm waiting around for something that I feel I shouldn't have to be waiting for. Wow that erks the shit out of me

but in general yeah I think a very healthy lifestyle is the only natural fix

anything else we should know about?
why so 진지해?
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
December 21 2008 15:42 GMT
#8
Weed and cigs, but im a very calm person (maybe im smoking too much ?)
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
December 21 2008 15:48 GMT
#9
On December 22 2008 00:42 Rekrul wrote:
I'm always in a super calm content state and if I seem angry or like I'm bitching about something it's all just an act trying to convey some fake emotions.


same way for me, the only time I'm loud is when I'm being an asshole or putting on an act of being pissed off

come to think of it everyone probably thinks I get really angry, but I guess it would be really weird if I just appeared apathetic to everything
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
mmgoose
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
769 Posts
December 21 2008 15:52 GMT
#10
On December 22 2008 00:31 Racenilatr wrote:
I have a very hard time calming myself down. I always have to constantly be thinking about something, doing something, or just something something something. The calm state of mind is so ever elusive. When I need a break from starcraft, I don't just take a break, I have to download or upload or compress convert or do some background task just so that I'm not wasting my time being away from my computer. I go take a nap or something to calm me down, but I am never quite calm down when I can just sit and stare at my computer for like 1 minute before doing something. How do you guys get into a calm, submissive state of mind/being?


methinks you have adhd, check with your psychiatrist.

or stop taking ecstasy.
And you know if a grandmother had a penis she would be a grandfather.
thoraxe
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1449 Posts
December 21 2008 15:52 GMT
#11
GO OUTSIDE.
Obama singing "Kick Ass" Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yghFBt-fXmw&feature=player_embedde
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
December 21 2008 15:53 GMT
#12
Hmm I don't ever have to do this, I'm generally pretty calm. One of the few things that makes me angry is loosing consecutive BW games due to stupid mistakes and the way I rectify it is playing till I win.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
poilord
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany3252 Posts
December 21 2008 16:02 GMT
#13
Wow, if what you write is true you're spending wayyyyy too much time in front of your computer. Have you tried going without it completely for a day or two?

and this:
On December 22 2008 00:52 thoraxe wrote:
GO OUTSIDE.

Elvin_vn
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Vietnam2038 Posts
December 21 2008 16:04 GMT
#14
I am usually very calm.

Even if I get angry then I must have a really really good reason to do so. So I'm not afraid to express my emotion.
do not agrue with idiots, they will pull you down to their level and beat you with their experiences
MarklarMarklar
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Fiji1823 Posts
December 21 2008 16:05 GMT
#15
getting laid
gettin drunk
getting high
stuffin myself with food so my brain gets numb from being so full.
working out
hello there
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
December 21 2008 16:12 GMT
#16
Well doing something that physically tires you works well, but if you're trying to calm down before playing a game of bw that's not really going to work.

The secret to staying clam is to not care so much.
No I'm never serious.
MiniRoman
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada3953 Posts
December 21 2008 16:14 GMT
#17
smoking weed stills the mind.

when im frustrated i peace out and take a shower or a long poop
Nak Allstar.
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
December 21 2008 16:24 GMT
#18
wtf@the weed.....how abuot something actually healthy?
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
December 21 2008 16:30 GMT
#19
On December 22 2008 01:24 Racenilatr wrote:
wtf@the weed.....how abuot something actually healthy?


ok, try some rigged weed like hydroponic.
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 18:09:59
December 21 2008 16:30 GMT
#20
from a reply in another post, I wrote this ..

On November 22 2008 14:19 Physician wrote:
I have never actually been depressed for which I am very thankful. The closest thing that comes to it, is feeling between uneasiness and being pissed off - when I can't quite identify what triggered it (when I can, I try to deal with problem and it usually improves the mood). When that happens if I can't find a reason to explain the mood, I listen to tangram and mellow out usually under 8 minutes.. And because I've have done it so often since I was young, if I can't listen to it for whatever reason, I will close my eyes, and replay it in my mind - it works almost like a reflex and I usually manage to settle my emotions into a pleasant neutral.

- it works for me, basically you condition a yourself to a mood state, using a piece of music as trigger.
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4378
Leta 1844
Shuttle 1382
sorry 48
ZergMaN 46
Shine 38
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
JimRising 627
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g7347
WinterStarcraft689
Sick182
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
BasetradeTV239
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1415
• Sammyuel 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2216
League of Legends
• Lourlo1106
• Rush1096
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 23m
Patches Events
8h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 23m
OSC
16h 23m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.