• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:08
CEST 06:08
KST 13:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7033 users

Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine - Page 203

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 201 202 203 204 205 547 Next
NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
January 31 2024 17:46 GMT
#4041
Man, Nebuchad, you're clearly cheering for Hamas. Just admit it. You could just as well be a terrorist yourself. /s
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-01-31 20:59:17
January 31 2024 17:50 GMT
#4042
--- Nuked ---
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
January 31 2024 20:39 GMT
#4043
There are plenty of people actually defending Hamas on Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/The Carrier Pigeon Network etc, if you want to argue with such folks there’s plenty of options.

Why do it here when they’ve been roundly condemned by all and sundry?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
January 31 2024 20:56 GMT
#4044
--- Nuked ---
Fildun
Profile Joined December 2012
Netherlands4124 Posts
January 31 2024 21:04 GMT
#4045
Idk I don't read this thread much but in the last couple pages you have at almost no point stated what you think and instead you're endlessly making (in my mind) illogical assumptions of what others think and then attacking them for that, when they don't actually literally say the things you attack their positions for.

It feels like in order to have a discussion with you, you have to both deduce your position and reasoning while simultaneously needing to put a ton of (imo unnecessary) effort into clarifying ones own points when they're already pretty damn clear.

A bunch of posts in these last pages have points in them you can reply to content-wise (dunno how to phrase this better) but yours are not too common among those, JimmiC.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-01-31 21:19:58
January 31 2024 21:18 GMT
#4046
--- Nuked ---
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
January 31 2024 21:30 GMT
#4047
On February 01 2024 06:18 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2024 06:04 Fildun wrote:
Idk I don't read this thread much but in the last couple pages you have at almost no point stated what you think and instead you're endlessly making (in my mind) illogical assumptions of what others think and then attacking them for that, when they don't actually literally say the things you attack their positions for.

It feels like in order to have a discussion with you, you have to both deduce your position and reasoning while simultaneously needing to put a ton of (imo unnecessary) effort into clarifying ones own points when they're already pretty damn clear.

A bunch of posts in these last pages have points in them you can reply to content-wise (dunno how to phrase this better) but yours are not too common among those, JimmiC.

Nope, you just have to read the words I actually write instead of the ones you make up for me. Like go ahead and find the post where I say Israel is the good guys. Or find the one where I support them moving their military into Gaza. Or any of the other wrong and dumb shit you and the like keep accusing me of.

It is also tiring to read the uninformed fan fiction about what Hamas is doing. They are not good people forced to do bad things. Please answer what was the point of Oct 7 in regards to Hamas's goals.

I don't dodge questions, I source my shit, it is not a hard bar to reach.

Fildun mentioned nothing as far as actual positions go, he solely criticised how you engage in this thread sometimes. Which you decided not to engage with and went on a tangent.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Fildun
Profile Joined December 2012
Netherlands4124 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-01-31 21:41:25
January 31 2024 21:31 GMT
#4048
On February 01 2024 06:18 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2024 06:04 Fildun wrote:
Idk I don't read this thread much but in the last couple pages you have at almost no point stated what you think and instead you're endlessly making (in my mind) illogical assumptions of what others think and then attacking them for that, when they don't actually literally say the things you attack their positions for.

It feels like in order to have a discussion with you, you have to both deduce your position and reasoning while simultaneously needing to put a ton of (imo unnecessary) effort into clarifying ones own points when they're already pretty damn clear.

A bunch of posts in these last pages have points in them you can reply to content-wise (dunno how to phrase this better) but yours are not too common among those, JimmiC.

Nope, you just have to read the words I actually write instead of the ones you make up for me. Like go ahead and find the post where I say Israel is the good guys. Or find the one where I support them moving their military into Gaza. Or any of the other wrong and dumb shit you and the like keep accusing me of.

It is also tiring to read the uninformed fan fiction about what Hamas is doing. They are not good people forced to do bad things. Please answer what was the point of Oct 7 in regards to Hamas's goals.

I don't dodge questions, I source my shit, it is not a hard bar to reach.

I haven't accused you of any of those things and you also have not used sources in any of the posts I was referring to, aka the last couple pages. You may very well have been posting high quality sources before that, I don't know so I can't judge on that, but regardless I didn't criticise you on that front anyway so I'm not sure why you brought it up.

I also won't claim to know enough about Hamas inner politics to say exactly why they did what they did. Obviously they want to kill Israelis/remove the state of Israel but why this operation instead of terror bombings or intensified rocket attacks I can't say for certain, so unfortunately I have no full and complete answer to your question of what exactly the purpose and the logic of Oct 7 was.

Edit: nvm, scrolled past the links about Hamas and food, those were good
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-01-31 21:42:32
January 31 2024 21:42 GMT
#4049
--- Nuked ---
Fildun
Profile Joined December 2012
Netherlands4124 Posts
January 31 2024 22:11 GMT
#4050
I also think Israel is grey and Hamas is black, I have not stated anything to the contrary I think? I just think this entire discussion was a derailment from Nebuchad's post that was something like 'wouldn't it be cool if people in Gaza wouldn't need humanitarian aid anymore in the first place'.

I also think that removing Hamas won't remove the oppression by Israel and vice versa. So I don't think any solutions will come from either party, even though technically both have options. My opinion is that the only lasting positive measures have to start with international community pressure, and thus with the US, however we also all know the history of US led talks and the assassinations that followed etc.

Coming back to Hamas, I do object to the way dead Hamas members are celebrated in various western media channels. Resistance fighting is an understandable way of action and we should decry that it came to this, not celebrate kill counts like in some videogame.
That said, Hamas leadership is obviously evil, as are the people who carried out the Oct 7 attacks
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
January 31 2024 22:16 GMT
#4051
--- Nuked ---
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-02-01 07:45:00
February 01 2024 07:44 GMT
#4052
You can be a heinous organisation and still be a resistance movement, the former doesn’t preclude the latter.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Magic Powers
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria4478 Posts
February 01 2024 11:05 GMT
#4053
On February 01 2024 16:44 WombaT wrote:
You can be a heinous organisation and still be a resistance movement, the former doesn’t preclude the latter.


Hear me out, if you beat up some kids, you can't be friends with other kids. You can't be hateful in one direction and caring in another. Black or white, nothing in between.

Unless you're Jewish, then you can kill Palestinians and protect Jews. That works just fine. No double standard at all, no flaw in the logic at all.
If you want to do the right thing, 80% of your job is done if you don't do the wrong thing.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-02-01 14:50:43
February 01 2024 14:50 GMT
#4054
Lex had a Shapiro Destiny debate last week followed by an Omar Suleiman podcast this week. I think it's really interesting to see how Ben and Destiny discuss Israel/Palestine vs how Omar does.

Lex - Omar

Lex - Shapiro/Destiny

Those with a Pro-Israeli bent have a geopolitical frame of reference on the matter, whereas the Palestinian bent is more focused on the plight of the people themselves.

I think as 3rd-Party observers it's easier for us to have an "objective utilitarian" view on these conflicts and in doing so, I find we do a disservice to the people on the ground.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Ciaus237
Profile Joined July 2015
South Africa288 Posts
February 01 2024 15:17 GMT
#4055
On February 01 2024 23:50 Cricketer12 wrote:
Lex had a Shapiro Destiny debate last week followed by an Omar Suleiman podcast this week. I think it's really interesting to see how Ben and Destiny discuss Israel/Palestine vs how Omar does.

Lex - Omar

Lex - Shapiro/Destiny

Those with a Pro-Israeli bent have a geopolitical frame of reference on the matter, whereas the Palestinian bent is more focused on the plight of the people themselves.

I think as 3rd-Party observers it's easier for us to have an "objective utilitarian" view on these conflicts and in doing so, I find we do a disservice to the people on the ground.


Don't know of Omar, but a Lex Shapiro Destiny discussion is something I lack the heart medication and earplugs needed to have bouncing around the air to which my poor ears are adjacent.
The time that we kill keeps us alive
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27462 Posts
February 01 2024 15:22 GMT
#4056
On February 01 2024 23:50 Cricketer12 wrote:
Lex had a Shapiro Destiny debate last week followed by an Omar Suleiman podcast this week. I think it's really interesting to see how Ben and Destiny discuss Israel/Palestine vs how Omar does.

Lex - Omar

Lex - Shapiro/Destiny

Those with a Pro-Israeli bent have a geopolitical frame of reference on the matter, whereas the Palestinian bent is more focused on the plight of the people themselves.

I think as 3rd-Party observers it's easier for us to have an "objective utilitarian" view on these conflicts and in doing so, I find we do a disservice to the people on the ground.

Yeah this is a very good point and one worth reminding oneself of from time to time
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
TentativePanda
Profile Joined August 2014
United States800 Posts
February 01 2024 15:34 GMT
#4057
On February 01 2024 23:50 Cricketer12 wrote:
Lex had a Shapiro Destiny debate last week followed by an Omar Suleiman podcast this week. I think it's really interesting to see how Ben and Destiny discuss Israel/Palestine vs how Omar does.

Lex - Omar

Lex - Shapiro/Destiny

Those with a Pro-Israeli bent have a geopolitical frame of reference on the matter, whereas the Palestinian bent is more focused on the plight of the people themselves.

I think as 3rd-Party observers it's easier for us to have an "objective utilitarian" view on these conflicts and in doing so, I find we do a disservice to the people on the ground.


I'm quite embarrassed that Destiny spawned from the Starcraft scene. The guy is a true psychopath, and I'm not just saying that to throw an insult at him.

But what's even more terrifying than his obvious and nefarious grift, is his following horde of degenerate gamers who seem so intellectually bankrupt that they can't even distinguish between a logical, sound argument, and crude fallacy.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
February 01 2024 15:45 GMT
#4058
On February 02 2024 00:17 Ciaus237 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2024 23:50 Cricketer12 wrote:
Lex had a Shapiro Destiny debate last week followed by an Omar Suleiman podcast this week. I think it's really interesting to see how Ben and Destiny discuss Israel/Palestine vs how Omar does.

Lex - Omar

Lex - Shapiro/Destiny

Those with a Pro-Israeli bent have a geopolitical frame of reference on the matter, whereas the Palestinian bent is more focused on the plight of the people themselves.

I think as 3rd-Party observers it's easier for us to have an "objective utilitarian" view on these conflicts and in doing so, I find we do a disservice to the people on the ground.


Don't know of Omar, but a Lex Shapiro Destiny discussion is something I lack the heart medication and earplugs needed to have bouncing around the air to which my poor ears are adjacent.


Certainly have to agree there. Also, Destiny's takes on Israel Palestine were very bad from what I saw, so I'm not sure what they're arguing about, not that I'll check.

Will listen to the other guy since I don't know him.
No will to live, no wish to die
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 01 2024 16:20 GMT
#4059
On February 02 2024 00:45 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2024 00:17 Ciaus237 wrote:
On February 01 2024 23:50 Cricketer12 wrote:
Lex had a Shapiro Destiny debate last week followed by an Omar Suleiman podcast this week. I think it's really interesting to see how Ben and Destiny discuss Israel/Palestine vs how Omar does.

Lex - Omar

Lex - Shapiro/Destiny

Those with a Pro-Israeli bent have a geopolitical frame of reference on the matter, whereas the Palestinian bent is more focused on the plight of the people themselves.

I think as 3rd-Party observers it's easier for us to have an "objective utilitarian" view on these conflicts and in doing so, I find we do a disservice to the people on the ground.


Don't know of Omar, but a Lex Shapiro Destiny discussion is something I lack the heart medication and earplugs needed to have bouncing around the air to which my poor ears are adjacent.


Certainly have to agree there. Also, Destiny's takes on Israel Palestine were very bad from what I saw, so I'm not sure what they're arguing about, not that I'll check.

Will listen to the other guy since I don't know him.

On Israel? They don't, they're pretty much in agreement. Destiny just makes a point that he dislikes settlements.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
February 01 2024 16:35 GMT
#4060
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 201 202 203 204 205 547 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft465
RuFF_SC2 203
ViBE105
Nina 92
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3411
GuemChi 1015
Leta 111
Terrorterran 86
Bale 39
NaDa 32
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox904
Mew2King34
Other Games
summit1g7391
JimRising 592
C9.Mang0286
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick749
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota274
League of Legends
• Lourlo1146
• Stunt345
Other Games
• Shiphtur512
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 52m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.