• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:31
CEST 17:31
KST 00:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9348 users

The Chess Thread - Page 30

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 131 Next
kwizach
Profile Joined June 2011
3658 Posts
May 02 2014 12:49 GMT
#581
Thanks for the suggestions! I actually prefer not using the wifi on my mobile, so I tend to go for apps which have locally stored puzzles :-)
"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions." -- Stephen Colbert
ChessWhiz
Profile Joined November 2006
United States260 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-03 02:58:06
May 03 2014 00:31 GMT
#582
Warning -- shameless self-promotion.

I recently launched a new chess channel, where I stream really, really fast chess with commentary. Episodes are currently aired three times per week, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 3pm GMT (that's 8am PST, 11am EST). I'll be casting a bullet tournament of one-minute games on Saturday. Hope to see some of you there!

Stream link: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/ChessWhiz
"chesswhiz aint too bad at all actually" --iNcontroL
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
May 03 2014 01:41 GMT
#583
What is your rating?
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
ChessWhiz
Profile Joined November 2006
United States260 Posts
May 03 2014 02:59 GMT
#584
I'm currently just under 2000 USCF, though the rating is a bit stale.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so please post any further questions, comments, or feedback in the stream thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/user-streams/449167-stream-chesswhiz

Thanks!
"chesswhiz aint too bad at all actually" --iNcontroL
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 07 2014 14:28 GMT
#585
For once I managed to play quite aesthetically in blitz:

[image loading]

1.Qd8!? Qb8? (...Bxg2) 2.Bxc6! bxc6

[image loading]

3.Qxc8!! Qxc8 (at this point I am a queen+knight for a rook down but nonetheless...) 4.Rd8 1-0 Any queen move away and 5.Rxe8+ and mate, and 4...Rxe7 5.Rxc8 Rxe1 and fortunately my a5 bishop moves backward 6.Bxe1 +-
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
kwizach
Profile Joined June 2011
3658 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-10 21:51:20
May 10 2014 18:51 GMT
#586
Nice

I had a pretty funny/nice win today in a lightning/bullet game (1 min each, no increment). I was white:

[image loading]

He played 1. ...h5. I replied with 2. Qh4 and he went 2. ...Ng6. I was pretty happy to immediately find 3. Nxe6+ given the time pressure (and the fact that I'm still a beginner :p):

[image loading]

3. ...dxe6 4. Bxc5+ and here he blundered with 4. ...Qxc5 (he should have moved his king, but I was already at ~+4), which allowed 5. Qd8 1-0 ,-)
"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions." -- Stephen Colbert
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
May 10 2014 20:02 GMT
#587
Can't he just do fe instead of de?
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
May 10 2014 20:17 GMT
#588
Well, he said it was bullet, so his opponent was probably moving immediately.
Liquipedia
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
May 10 2014 20:20 GMT
#589
On May 11 2014 05:02 GolemMadness wrote:
Can't he just do fe instead of de?


Bxg6
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
kwizach
Profile Joined June 2011
3658 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-10 20:25:19
May 10 2014 20:25 GMT
#590
Well, strictly speaking ...fxe6 would have been worse than ...dxe6, since in that case there would have been Bxg6. But yeah, it would have prevented the possibility of the mate two moves later :-)
edit: oops, ninja'd.
"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions." -- Stephen Colbert
Nyxisto
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6287 Posts
May 10 2014 20:26 GMT
#591
http://uschesschamps.com/live also the US chess championships are under way right now !
ChessWhiz
Profile Joined November 2006
United States260 Posts
May 10 2014 22:44 GMT
#592
I'll be putting on (and broadcasting) a small simul on Tuesday at 3pm GMT. 12 boards at the same time. Sign up here: http://en.lichess.org/forum/team-chesswhiz-tv/episode-12-simultaneous-exhibition

Stream link: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/ChessWhiz

See you there!
"chesswhiz aint too bad at all actually" --iNcontroL
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
May 19 2014 05:04 GMT
#593
Just played Amazingoid in a 1 min game on his stream

1.a3 e5 2.e4 Nc6 3.Nf3 Nf6 4.Bb5 Bc5 5.Bxc6 dxc6 6.O-O O-O 7.Nc3 Re8 8.d3 Bg4 9.h3 Bh5 10.Be3 Qe7 11.Bxc5 Qxc5 12.b4 Qd6 13.Qd2 Rad8 14.d4 Bxf3 15.gxf3 Qxd4 16.Qxd4 exd4 17.Na2 d3 18.cxd3 Rxd3 0-1

I had no chance to win vs him so I figured I'd play a fun opening. Don't usually play 1 min so I took too long to think and lost on time, also could have lost a knight when I played 12. b4, which I think he was just being a nice guy in not taking it.
Mc
Profile Joined March 2010
332 Posts
May 19 2014 21:34 GMT
#594
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/16/battle-chess-worldwide-garry-kasparov

...wtf? How can this corrupt Russian politician, lover of dictators, and friend of extra-terrestrials be the president of FIDE for the past 20 years. How is voting for FIDE done? I thought it would be a relatively apolitical organization...
5hh.gg
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10006 Posts
May 19 2014 22:01 GMT
#595
On May 20 2014 06:34 Mc wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/16/battle-chess-worldwide-garry-kasparov

...wtf? How can this corrupt Russian politician, lover of dictators, and friend of extra-terrestrials be the president of FIDE for the past 20 years. How is voting for FIDE done? I thought it would be a relatively apolitical organization...


How can a corrupt politician be in charge of something for 20 years?
Do you have to ask?
lol
RIP Meatloaf <3
Mc
Profile Joined March 2010
332 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 15:55:22
May 20 2014 15:54 GMT
#596
@Jock
I would hope that chess stood for something more and that there is so little $$ in chess that corruption would be minor. I guess the fact is that there are something like a 150 FIDE member countries and you can easily bribe a lot of the poorer countries to vote for you. This world sucks.
5hh.gg
urboss
Profile Joined September 2013
Austria1223 Posts
May 24 2014 14:43 GMT
#597
Norway Chess 2014:



http://norwaychess.com/en/supertournament/players-2/
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
May 24 2014 15:34 GMT
#598
Alexander Grischuk will kill it!
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
urboss
Profile Joined September 2013
Austria1223 Posts
May 27 2014 10:08 GMT
#599
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 19:44:31
May 29 2014 19:43 GMT
#600
On May 27 2014 19:08 urboss wrote:
http://youtu.be/pNvVWeHZG00

That would be one of the strangest experiences I can think of for Carlsen. I am playing the sum of my games between a certain age, and in retrospect, look at all the mistakes that I might make.

He calls out how mundanely strategically the app is playing, but I don't know how I would handle playing against myself like that.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 131 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5258
Bisu 2494
Soulkey 1590
Jaedong 689
EffOrt 534
Mini 496
Horang2 422
Larva 308
actioN 271
ggaemo 243
[ Show more ]
ZerO 238
Yoon 139
Dewaltoss 97
Mind 92
sorry 85
hero 74
Sharp 72
Shinee 63
Snow 63
Pusan 58
Barracks 55
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 26
Trap 22
Terrorterran 18
Rock 16
scan(afreeca) 15
NaDa 13
Sacsri 12
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5555
qojqva2595
Dendi1250
420jenkins229
League of Legends
Reynor7
Counter-Strike
fl0m2724
Fnx 720
x6flipin523
edward2
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi944
hiko939
B2W.Neo474
crisheroes295
DeMusliM251
XBOCT237
Liquid`VortiX201
Livibee193
QueenE94
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 75
• mYiSmile137
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV652
League of Legends
• Nemesis3272
• TFBlade546
• Noizen93
Other Games
• Shiphtur381
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 29m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.