• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:57
CEST 02:57
KST 09:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8884 users

Fountain Pens - Page 18

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 26 Next All
lazyitachi
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
1043 Posts
June 04 2013 01:24 GMT
#341
I got my Noodler's Aircorp Blue from Twsbi all the way from CA to SEA.
The cap fractured on the way but luckily it only broke once I tried opening it..

condolences to the dead ink...
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 01:33:26
June 04 2013 01:33 GMT
#342
On June 04 2013 10:24 lazyitachi wrote:
I got my Noodler's Aircorp Blue from Twsbi all the way from CA to SEA.
The cap fractured on the way but luckily it only broke once I tried opening it..

condolences to the dead ink...

I'm told Noodler's bottles are a little fragile, which let Jetpens to stop carrying them, unfortunately. Apparently the guy who runs the Noodler's ink company is a turbo-republican who likes to reduces costs by cutting corners in order to offer ink at a fair price.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Marimokkori
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States306 Posts
June 04 2013 02:11 GMT
#343
On June 04 2013 10:33 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 10:24 lazyitachi wrote:
I got my Noodler's Aircorp Blue from Twsbi all the way from CA to SEA.
The cap fractured on the way but luckily it only broke once I tried opening it..

condolences to the dead ink...

I'm told Noodler's bottles are a little fragile, which let Jetpens to stop carrying them, unfortunately. Apparently the guy who runs the Noodler's ink company is a turbo-republican who likes to reduces costs by cutting corners in order to offer ink at a fair price.

IFAIK Jetpens has never carried Noobler's ink. They only just recently started carrying the Konrad. You can usually still look at products they don't have anymore, Like the Apple Green Lamy Safari. I've ordered a few bottle's from Goulet Pens and never

had an issue. From where did you order your ink? Doesn't look like they did much to protect the bottles
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 02:27:50
June 04 2013 02:22 GMT
#344
On June 04 2013 11:11 Marimokkori wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 10:33 Djzapz wrote:
On June 04 2013 10:24 lazyitachi wrote:
I got my Noodler's Aircorp Blue from Twsbi all the way from CA to SEA.
The cap fractured on the way but luckily it only broke once I tried opening it..

condolences to the dead ink...

I'm told Noodler's bottles are a little fragile, which let Jetpens to stop carrying them, unfortunately. Apparently the guy who runs the Noodler's ink company is a turbo-republican who likes to reduces costs by cutting corners in order to offer ink at a fair price.

IFAIK Jetpens has never carried Noobler's ink. They only just recently started carrying the Konrad. You can usually still look at products they don't have anymore, Like the Apple Green Lamy Safari. I've ordered a few bottle's from Goulet Pens and never

had an issue. From where did you order your ink? Doesn't look like they did much to protect the bottles

JetPens did stock Noodler's ink but stopped carrying it. They posted a statement on FPN explaining that they don't want to have employees dealing with shards of glass.

I bought the bottles from a little shop on ebay. The bottles shipped from Japan for $24 each whereas they retail here for $28+shipping. But yeah the packaging was definitely insufficient. No bubble wrap at all, and while the retail box is fairly solid, couriers tend to be abusive.

I've contacted the seller, he's a very pleasant guy from Japan, he hand-writes notes in his packages to thank for the purchase which is uh... cute, I guess. It's just a shame because he's quite clearly new at ebay and he's already going to have to suck up a fairly important loss.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
lazyitachi
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
1043 Posts
June 04 2013 09:03 GMT
#345
From Japan, is it by any chance Engeika???
Just bought Iroshizuku and a pen from him. :S
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-05 16:30:53
June 04 2013 13:48 GMT
#346
On June 04 2013 18:03 lazyitachi wrote:
From Japan, is it by any chance Engeika???
Just bought Iroshizuku and a pen from him. :S

No, it looks like engeika has made quite a few sales and has good reviews so I wouldn't worry.

The guy I bought from is pretty new to ebay, his packaging was insufficient and he inverted the destination and origin addresses on the package (he wrote his address in the middle and mine at the top left). Japan post actually put a sticker on the package indicating the mistake.

Edit: The seller handed me a full refund and then some for the broken bottle, so that's nice.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
June 06 2013 07:15 GMT
#347
On June 04 2013 22:48 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 18:03 lazyitachi wrote:
From Japan, is it by any chance Engeika???
Just bought Iroshizuku and a pen from him. :S

No, it looks like engeika has made quite a few sales and has good reviews so I wouldn't worry.

The guy I bought from is pretty new to ebay, his packaging was insufficient and he inverted the destination and origin addresses on the package (he wrote his address in the middle and mine at the top left). Japan post actually put a sticker on the package indicating the mistake.

Edit: The seller handed me a full refund and then some for the broken bottle, so that's nice.


engeika and pisuke2005 are really good pen sellers. I've bought stuff from both of them and they have good prices and great package material. I actually ordered my Decimo from pisuke2005 and he sent me a giant package with bubble wrap for a pen that was already in a box = =;; I looked like an idiot un-wrapping it in the food court lmfao. They're both from Japan and I always get their stuff faster than from the U.S somehow.
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
June 06 2013 14:36 GMT
#348
On June 06 2013 16:15 wptlzkwjd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 22:48 Djzapz wrote:
On June 04 2013 18:03 lazyitachi wrote:
From Japan, is it by any chance Engeika???
Just bought Iroshizuku and a pen from him. :S

No, it looks like engeika has made quite a few sales and has good reviews so I wouldn't worry.

The guy I bought from is pretty new to ebay, his packaging was insufficient and he inverted the destination and origin addresses on the package (he wrote his address in the middle and mine at the top left). Japan post actually put a sticker on the package indicating the mistake.

Edit: The seller handed me a full refund and then some for the broken bottle, so that's nice.


engeika and pisuke2005 are really good pen sellers. I've bought stuff from both of them and they have good prices and great package material. I actually ordered my Decimo from pisuke2005 and he sent me a giant package with bubble wrap for a pen that was already in a box = =;; I looked like an idiot un-wrapping it in the food court lmfao. They're both from Japan and I always get their stuff faster than from the U.S somehow.

Better too much packaging than not enough IMO. Strangely I've had surprisingly bad luck with inks. When I received BOTH my Parker AND Lamy ink bottles, both from different retailers, they were outside of their flimsy little boxes, hanging loose in the bubble-padded envelope.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
June 06 2013 14:38 GMT
#349
On June 06 2013 23:36 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2013 16:15 wptlzkwjd wrote:
On June 04 2013 22:48 Djzapz wrote:
On June 04 2013 18:03 lazyitachi wrote:
From Japan, is it by any chance Engeika???
Just bought Iroshizuku and a pen from him. :S

No, it looks like engeika has made quite a few sales and has good reviews so I wouldn't worry.

The guy I bought from is pretty new to ebay, his packaging was insufficient and he inverted the destination and origin addresses on the package (he wrote his address in the middle and mine at the top left). Japan post actually put a sticker on the package indicating the mistake.

Edit: The seller handed me a full refund and then some for the broken bottle, so that's nice.


engeika and pisuke2005 are really good pen sellers. I've bought stuff from both of them and they have good prices and great package material. I actually ordered my Decimo from pisuke2005 and he sent me a giant package with bubble wrap for a pen that was already in a box = =;; I looked like an idiot un-wrapping it in the food court lmfao. They're both from Japan and I always get their stuff faster than from the U.S somehow.

Better too much packaging than not enough IMO. Strangely I've had surprisingly bad luck with inks. When I received BOTH my Parker AND Lamy ink bottles, both from different retailers, they were outside of their flimsy little boxes, hanging loose in the bubble-padded envelope.


Yikes lol. I've only ever bought ink from JetPens and their packaging was really good.
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
June 06 2013 14:44 GMT
#350
On June 01 2013 04:46 shaippen wrote:
I purchased a Lamy safari after being inspired by this thread, and I wonder if anyone is familiar with the black Lamy cartridge ink. The blue one included with the pencil isn't very saturated and the end of each stroke is significantly darker than the rest of the stroke.
I don't quite like the look of it, i would prefer if the entire stroke had more or less the same colour.
Is the black ink more or less black throughout the entire stroke? Or do I need to buy a converter and bottled ink to get a uniform stroke?

Generally the initial stroke for me is a little thicker but for the rest of my writings until I pause again its fine, I've got black ink which leaves it less noticeable.
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-07 20:48:29
June 07 2013 20:47 GMT
#351
I'm crazy :>
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
(4 of them are $5 pens)
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
June 07 2013 21:46 GMT
#352
On June 08 2013 05:47 Djzapz wrote:
I'm crazy :>
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
(4 of them are $5 pens)

Where did you get these from? I'm looking to buy a bunch of cheap chinese knockoffs to hold me over for a while!
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
June 07 2013 22:21 GMT
#353
On June 08 2013 06:46 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2013 05:47 Djzapz wrote:
I'm crazy :>
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
(4 of them are $5 pens)

Where did you get these from? I'm looking to buy a bunch of cheap chinese knockoffs to hold me over for a while!

I'll go from top to bottom:

1- Parker Sonnet, not cheap, Amazon
2- Jinhao X450, $5, ebay (so far, very impressed by it)
3- Pilot Metropolitan, $15, jetpens
4- Nemosine Singularity, $15, xfountainpens
5- Jinhao 500, $5, ebay
6- Baoer 388, $5, ebay (stay away from it, it's garbage)
7- Kaigelu 356, $5, ebay (haven't used it yet but it seems promising)

All the ebay pens are shipped from China and have taken 2-3 weeks to get here. So far, I can only recommend the X450, but it's a big, heavy pen, and the finish looks like it can fall apart easily. The Kaigelu 356 looks great, build quality is very nice. I have yet to write with it but if I'm to believe the reviews, it's probably not bad at all. And again, avoid the Baoer 388 even though it looks nice.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
June 07 2013 23:06 GMT
#354
Thanks! I'm gonna look into the Jinhao X450 and the Kaigelu 356.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
June 08 2013 00:51 GMT
#355
You can buy the Parker Sonnet on eBay for about 20 bucks cheaper than Amazon.
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-08 00:58:53
June 08 2013 00:55 GMT
#356
On June 08 2013 09:51 wptlzkwjd wrote:
You can buy the Parker Sonnet on eBay for about 20 bucks cheaper than Amazon.

Parker Sonnets are apparently some of the most counterfeit fountain pens on the market, though. So be careful.
There are some stainless steel chrome trim ones for $70 from Greece which is not much less than what I paid for my red one with gold trim and nib.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
June 08 2013 05:37 GMT
#357
On June 08 2013 09:55 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2013 09:51 wptlzkwjd wrote:
You can buy the Parker Sonnet on eBay for about 20 bucks cheaper than Amazon.

Parker Sonnets are apparently some of the most counterfeit fountain pens on the market, though. So be careful.
There are some stainless steel chrome trim ones for $70 from Greece which is not much less than what I paid for my red one with gold trim and nib.


That's true. I suppose when you're planning to spend some serious money you might as well get the best version possible.
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
June 08 2013 05:45 GMT
#358
Pilot Metropolitan's great. I've been using it more, and I've no complaints about it yet. Well, except that it came in fine, but my handwriting is tiny, and I have horrible paper so it looks worse than it really should, but it feels great in my opinion.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
June 09 2013 01:23 GMT
#359
On June 01 2013 00:11 Marimokkori wrote:
The thing that makes suggesting a journal to him difficult is that he wants a wet flex pen that doesn't take much time to dry. Wet flex pens simply take a little more time to dry than what may be acceptable.

Liberty's Elysium to my understanding does quite well on cheaper paper, even with a lot of ink. It doesn't really feather much, but it might bleed through some on very cheap papers.

Journals that are around $15-20 tend to have pretty good paper in them in my experience. Pick one up from a bookstore or Walmart. If you want something with a reputation you can try Moleskine, Clairfontaine, Apica, Midori, Leuchtturm1917. I'm sure these will all do well.

The only issue I can see arising is drying time. For that you can use blotting paper to absorb excess ink when you need to turn the page or close the journal.

Moleskines aren't very good for fountain pens, as I've found, they tend to feel very rough when writing and the paper catches sometimes, which doesn't happen on regular paper. I've been thinking about Elysium or one of the other brands mentioned.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
June 14 2013 18:10 GMT
#360
Played around with an old Parker (M), and bought a Lamy Safari (F), was pretty disappointed with both as the flow was poor (particularly surprised on the Parker since it was M, and it was better before, but cleaning didn't do the trick)

I just bought this guy (blue and fine):
[image loading]
My first Japanese fountain pen (German and Chinese in the past), and it's fantastic. It's so nice, in fact, I'm already thinking about buying a 14K nib. Fine writes with just a tad too much resistance for me, so I'm thinking about buying a medium nib next time.

This is probably the next one I'll buy (1911):
[image loading]

When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings85
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
CosmosSc2 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1843
GuemChi 1607
Artosis 630
910 56
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm148
League of Legends
Doublelift3443
Counter-Strike
taco 45
minikerr0
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox269
Other Games
summit1g8874
shahzam611
JimRising 517
C9.Mang0337
PiGStarcraft305
Maynarde143
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick905
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP74
• davetesta23
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 3m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 3m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 3m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.