• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:20
CEST 19:20
KST 02:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11627 users

Into the wolves' den. - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
April 22 2006 01:38 GMT
#61
On April 22 2006 10:33 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2006 10:11 -_- wrote:
On April 22 2006 09:16 Rekrul wrote:
lol


I've IMed with him a bit... he cashed out more than 50k in highschool and though he's slowed down now, I still think he may have a bit more skill than you. But whatever, you guys should play some.

Not that I know anything about poker BUT unless I mis-read the initial post, rekrul walked away with 25k in this one game alone ;o I don't think 50k is that much to him to be honest...


I think he only made 15 on it, or so, though. He lost like 4k in the beginning, brought ten more, and then left with 25k, so... That's like, what? 11k that he made in one fucking night? That's sick. I wish I made that kind of money.

Rek, how did you start out playing poker? I mean, hell, if there is that much money to be made playing this game, I should really give it a shot. I've been to LP, but completely forgot I posted there, and I'm probably gonna pick the books that were recommended to me up (I checked at the beginning of the month on the post I made last month).
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
April 22 2006 02:20 GMT
#62
I was high as fuck late last night. This was great to read, thanks for sharing!
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
April 22 2006 02:56 GMT
#63
Wow, amazing story Dan. Nice read. Hahaa
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
April 22 2006 07:13 GMT
#64
On April 22 2006 10:18 Rekrul wrote:
50k?

online?

damn he's a baller.


There you go wannaB take a bow!!! Bask in the poker glory I made up for you!!! :-(

ReTr0[p.S]
Profile Joined March 2005
Argentina1590 Posts
April 22 2006 07:48 GMT
#65
And are you going to go back to that place? :p
ToSsToRm
Profile Joined November 2004
Canada191 Posts
April 22 2006 08:58 GMT
#66
holy rekrul, great story.. never knew you were soo intense; post these more often
you cant fail if you never give up
alphaentity
Profile Joined August 2005
United States525 Posts
April 22 2006 09:24 GMT
#67
Next time, please post a story about a time when you lost a lot of money and made alot of enemies.

I'm sure you can make it interesting too.

Balance it out a little bit so that wannabes won't get excited and try to be you all the time.
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
April 22 2006 09:55 GMT
#68
Yet another chapter in the life of Rekrul.

You live quite a life sir.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
April 22 2006 10:26 GMT
#69
i prolly woulda shit my pants at least 13 times that night
GuYuTe-
Profile Joined February 2005
United States550 Posts
April 23 2006 17:07 GMT
#70
Gripping read. Well written.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
April 23 2006 17:17 GMT
#71
Hmmm... won't the mafia dogs be hella pissed if they find you you're actually a professional poker player and lied about the lottery?
GuYuTe-
Profile Joined February 2005
United States550 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-04-23 17:22:42
April 23 2006 17:21 GMT
#72
Ya, he's pretty much dead once they find out he's hustling them.

I say that kind of tongue-in-cheek, but I doubt they'd be too happy being lied to. I don't see how they'll find out though...
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
April 23 2006 17:25 GMT
#73
You'd be surprised
d4d
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland1066 Posts
April 23 2006 17:30 GMT
#74
I think Rek will live to see his grand children grow up.
The thugs seem to like him, they like to lose that money to him...
But Rek, you should move to Vegas, Macao or Monaco soo, that might be safer places for you...
luck is not a factor
TL+ Member
GuYuTe-
Profile Joined February 2005
United States550 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-04-23 17:32:42
April 23 2006 17:32 GMT
#75
I'm sure I would.

I'm sure reading Amarillo Slim's book about how he and Doyle were always watching their backs from getting robbed/carjacked is nothing compared to any asian mafia. Be careful danny boy.

And as much as you seem to resent the pompous internet player, you sure come off as one.
GuYuTe-
Profile Joined February 2005
United States550 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-04-23 17:41:46
April 23 2006 17:41 GMT
#76
By the way, this story reminded me of the Japanese 'Yakuza.' I'm sure the Korean mafia isn't much different. As you probably know, the Yakuza is considered by many to be the most dangerous of all mafia groups.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/gangsters_outlaws/gang/yakuza/1.html
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
April 23 2006 19:56 GMT
#77
I don't see how i come off as pompous in this article, though i have in others

and im going back tonight

weeee
why so 진지해?
d4d
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland1066 Posts
April 23 2006 21:18 GMT
#78
get them money, don^t hold back!
luck is not a factor
TL+ Member
Kaolla
Profile Joined January 2003
China2999 Posts
April 23 2006 21:25 GMT
#79
rek if you need a bodygaurd you can always hire me (im cheap! price/value will still be crap tho T_T)
its me
GuYuTe-
Profile Joined February 2005
United States550 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-04-24 05:30:54
April 24 2006 05:29 GMT
#80
I didn't think you came off pompous in the article. Mainly in your replies in this thread.

Anyway, GL and keep us updated if you live to see another day.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 590
UpATreeSC 131
MindelVK 10
ProTech4
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35065
Calm 3507
Shuttle 1356
FanTaSy 927
actioN 337
EffOrt 278
Rush 185
firebathero 184
Hyuk 135
Dewaltoss 100
[ Show more ]
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 61
Barracks 57
Hyun 34
Aegong 25
Bale 25
Free 23
soO 23
HiyA 22
PianO 20
Shine 14
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8017
Dendi1066
XaKoH 288
Fuzer 68
League of Legends
KnowMe66
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1392
fl0m494
x6flipin430
Other Games
singsing2281
FrodaN1168
Beastyqt674
mouzStarbuck334
B2W.Neo284
byalli196
Livibee190
C9.Mang0165
RotterdaM98
Trikslyr69
Mew2King60
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV437
Other Games
• Shiphtur923
• imaqtpie265
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 55m
Replay Cast
5h 40m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.