• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9074 users

Connecticut school shooting - Page 39

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 49 Next All
The gun control argument stops now. I know it's fun to argue about it in the heat of the tragedy when you can get all worked up about it but it's pretty disrespectful and if you don't care enough about the issue to make a separate topic for gun control then you don't care enough to shit on the tragedy by exploiting it.
A gun control topic can be found here
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=313472

Also stop posting links to his facebook. TL will be no part of an unconfirmed witch hunt.
Depetrify
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
978 Posts
December 15 2012 22:58 GMT
#761
On December 15 2012 12:46 Destro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2012 11:52 Depetrify wrote:
All I can say is prepare for more of this until the 22nd.. atleast school will be out.



O.o
really.........................
this is neither the time nor the place for your ridiculous conspiracy theory.


This such a terrible thing, im in a lot of physical pain as i try to imagine those moments...



I don't believe in it, but the crazies do.
Glenn313
Profile Joined August 2011
United States475 Posts
December 15 2012 23:00 GMT
#762
When I heard about this I thought of the kids and their families. Feel bad for them all.
Hey man
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
December 15 2012 23:16 GMT
#763
All the gun stores on the Berlin Turnpike are loaded holy hell. People buying shit left and right.
twitch.tv/medrea
GnarlyArbitrage
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
575 Posts
December 16 2012 00:09 GMT
#764
There's a lot of headlines coming out about how the kid was a "loner" and had aspergers. I really fucking hate it when the media has to say shit like, "he was a "loner"", or "he suffered from a personality disorder." People can be loners without wanting to kill children. People can have "disorders" without wanting to kill people. I don't want people to be scared of me because I like being left alone. (No, I DON'T want to hurt anyone!)
Bashnek
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia895 Posts
December 16 2012 00:32 GMT
#765
On December 16 2012 09:09 GnarlyArbitrage wrote:
There's a lot of headlines coming out about how the kid was a "loner" and had aspergers. I really fucking hate it when the media has to say shit like, "he was a "loner"", or "he suffered from a personality disorder." People can be loners without wanting to kill children. People can have "disorders" without wanting to kill people. I don't want people to be scared of me because I like being left alone. (No, I DON'T want to hurt anyone!)


Nope sorry you play video games, have used the internet and dont want 10 billion facebook friends.
you must be a confirmed murderer.

On topic i'm having trouble believing the story about that "Victoria" woman (the teacher), but if it is true then holy crap, what a hero.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
December 16 2012 00:36 GMT
#766
On December 16 2012 09:32 Bashnek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2012 09:09 GnarlyArbitrage wrote:
There's a lot of headlines coming out about how the kid was a "loner" and had aspergers. I really fucking hate it when the media has to say shit like, "he was a "loner"", or "he suffered from a personality disorder." People can be loners without wanting to kill children. People can have "disorders" without wanting to kill people. I don't want people to be scared of me because I like being left alone. (No, I DON'T want to hurt anyone!)


Nope sorry you play video games, have used the internet and dont want 10 billion facebook friends.
you must be a confirmed murderer.

On topic i'm having trouble believing the story about that "Victoria" woman (the teacher), but if it is true then holy crap, what a hero.


Like 10 years ago maybe. Remember when video games were underground?

I kinda wish we could go back to that because of all the marketing BS. Maybe not though.
twitch.tv/medrea
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 16 2012 01:36 GMT
#767
I'm sorry, I don't want to start a fight, I don't care about gun controls, to each their own, but I know that in Romania, kids have almost 0 chances of getting even a pistol, not to mention a semi-automatic rifle.
News like these sicken me. Any retard can go haywire and kill a bunch of innocent people, because it's his right to own military equipment.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
TheManInBlack
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Nigeria266 Posts
December 16 2012 01:54 GMT
#768
I feel pretty crestfallen that my human brethren are now killing children too. I'm pretty desensitized when I read up on grown adults dying in the news (because it happens all the time now), but killing sub 20 children? There is something very wrong on this planet.

I won't send 'best wishes' and all that nonsense to a country that openly advocates the uses of military weaponry by all its citizens, but I do feel regret for those children. They could have become Scientists or Doctors who change peoples lives.. What a waste.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-16 01:56:44
December 16 2012 01:56 GMT
#769
On December 16 2012 10:54 NarAliya wrote:
I feel pretty crestfallen that my human brethren are now killing children too. I'm pretty desensitized when I read up on grown adults dying in the news (because it happens all the time now), but killing sub 20 children? There is something very wrong on this planet.

I won't send 'best wishes' and all that nonsense to a country that openly advocates the uses of military weaponry by all its citizens, but I do feel regret for those children. They could have become Scientists or Doctors who change peoples lives.. What a waste.


yeah. save your best wishes for people who really need it.

How silly.
TheManInBlack
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Nigeria266 Posts
December 16 2012 02:17 GMT
#770
On December 16 2012 10:56 Gene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2012 10:54 NarAliya wrote:
I feel pretty crestfallen that my human brethren are now killing children too. I'm pretty desensitized when I read up on grown adults dying in the news (because it happens all the time now), but killing sub 20 children? There is something very wrong on this planet.

I won't send 'best wishes' and all that nonsense to a country that openly advocates the uses of military weaponry by all its citizens, but I do feel regret for those children. They could have become Scientists or Doctors who change peoples lives.. What a waste.


yeah. save your best wishes for people who really need it.

How silly.


It seems you have a problem with what I've said. This isn't the first televised massacre in America, I'm just saying it is fruitless to send such wishes when it will happen again unless something changes.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
December 16 2012 02:19 GMT
#771
Yes, I do. It is an impossibly stupid thing to say about the death of children who have absolutely nothing to do with anything you've said. They're only responsibility in what has happened was being at school and being shot.
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-16 02:59:44
December 16 2012 02:50 GMT
#772
On December 16 2012 09:09 GnarlyArbitrage wrote:
There's a lot of headlines coming out about how the kid was a "loner" and had aspergers. I really fucking hate it when the media has to say shit like, "he was a "loner"", or "he suffered from a personality disorder." People can be loners without wanting to kill children. People can have "disorders" without wanting to kill people. I don't want people to be scared of me because I like being left alone. (No, I DON'T want to hurt anyone!)

This autism/asperger thing is becoming the same sort of scapegoating we see with muslims or arabs.. Despicable.
TheManInBlack
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Nigeria266 Posts
December 16 2012 02:54 GMT
#773
On December 16 2012 11:19 Gene wrote:
Yes, I do. It is an impossibly stupid thing to say about the death of children who have absolutely nothing to do with anything you've said. They're only responsibility in what has happened was being at school and being shot.


..but I do feel regret for those children. They could have become Scientists or Doctors who change peoples lives.. What a waste.


Please read.

-_-

And even if I wanted to, I couldn't send 'best wishes' to people who are dead.
playa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1284 Posts
December 16 2012 02:57 GMT
#774
There are too many labels. Everyone but normal/average people deserve to have a stigma! You would think being in the 50th percentile of anything were like winning the lotto. The society of the majority rules where the minority is always in the wrong/doesn't matter. Every type of person has done "messed up things," but it never seems to really register until someone unlike you does it, be it race or personality. One day, I want to hear what's wrong with normal people. Why aren't they better? What are their inhibitors? Too few labels and not enough stigmas if you ask me.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
December 16 2012 02:58 GMT
#775
following it up with your 'regrets' doesn't take back what you had said. I don't understand what more you intend I read.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
December 16 2012 03:04 GMT
#776
On December 16 2012 11:57 playa wrote:
There are too many labels. Everyone but normal/average people deserve to have a stigma! You would think being in the 50th percentile of anything were like winning the lotto. The society of the majority rules where the minority is always in the wrong/doesn't matter. Every type of person has done "messed up things," but it never seems to really register until someone unlike you does it, be it race or personality. One day, I want to hear what's wrong with normal people. Why aren't they better? What are their inhibitors? Too few labels and not enough stigmas if you ask me.


There's a difference between doing messed up things and hurting others in the very basic sense of the word. When you go and shoot children, it's not a labeling issue, it's a "this needs to not happen again" issue. And so far, it seems that it's not working out.

There's no "best wishes" to send, those parents who lost their children will never be the same again, their lives are pretty much over. I feel sorry for what happened. But as others have said... it's going to happen again, because this can't be stopped.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
VirtuallyJesse
Profile Joined February 2011
United States398 Posts
December 16 2012 03:06 GMT
#777
I just wish these news outlets would focus on the people we lost rather the man who took their lives.
DeathCompany
Profile Joined March 2011
United States53 Posts
December 16 2012 04:32 GMT
#778
They really need to stop playing it on the news 24/7. We are bound to have another copycat shooting within the next 3 weeks. They keep glorifying the shooters picture and talking about him. Its only gonna give more ideas to those who are also sick out there. As for some people saying that its crazy that he was able to get the guns, the guns were owned by his mother, whom he had killed. He then took the three pistols and conducted his spree
If you ain't first, you're last.
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-16 05:45:18
December 16 2012 05:44 GMT
#779
On December 16 2012 09:09 GnarlyArbitrage wrote:
There's a lot of headlines coming out about how the kid was a "loner" and had aspergers. I really fucking hate it when the media has to say shit like, "he was a "loner"", or "he suffered from a personality disorder." People can be loners without wanting to kill children. People can have "disorders" without wanting to kill people. I don't want people to be scared of me because I like being left alone. (No, I DON'T want to hurt anyone!)

It's just the preference of Western society talking since the majority happens to be extroverts instead of introverts. If it would had happened in an Asia country no one would talk about it this way since they prefer a more introvert perspective to life where as extroverts are considered as the strange ones.

Was this guy even a true introvert though? He might not had been hanging with the cool guys in school, but he did attend LAN's and such, true introverts don't really spend time with larger groups at all. I don't think you could call him pure introvert.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
tMomiji
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1115 Posts
December 16 2012 05:50 GMT
#780
And now I hear WBC is coming out here to picket at the funeral for these children. Apparently they believe this is "god's punishment for Connecticut legalizing gay marriage."

Who's with me on forming a blockade so the families of the victims don't have to see this sickening nonsense?
"I wonder if there is a league below copper? If so, I would like to inhabit it." -TotalBiscuit "In the event of a sudden change in cabin pressure, ROOF FLIES OFF!" -George Carlin <3 HerO <3 Kiwikaki <3 MKP
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 15051
StarCastTV_EN342
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
Lowko257
ProTech121
Rex 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10284
EffOrt 5342
BeSt 1543
ZerO 1001
Larva 957
Hyuk 884
Horang2 713
Hyun 288
Zeus 238
Killer 194
[ Show more ]
Light 180
Stork 168
Barracks 129
Rush 72
Shinee 43
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 32
Mong 24
Terrorterran 23
PianO 20
Sacsri 19
sorry 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
HiyA 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 724
Dendi2
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli909
Other Games
singsing1855
olofmeister1406
crisheroes251
Sick171
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS50
Mew2King50
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream305
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 193
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
WardiTV5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1951
• Stunt367
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
14m
Rex65
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 14m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.